4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Many thanks!

I just use basic room creation when doing maps, and know fuck-all about Parallax mapping, mostly because my artistic abilities lie within my boundless imagination and verbose vocabulary... I like writing.

Reactions: ChillyScholar

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Many thanks!

I just use basic room creation when doing maps, and know fuck-all about Parallax mapping, mostly because my artistic abilities lie within my boundless imagination and verbose vocabulary... I like writing.
If you want some pointers when mapping, i find making transparent checker boxes being a big help for positioning furniture and knowing where the play should be able to walk or not. And remember It's okay for item to overlap a little from above but never from below if you're doing 1 layer parallex mapping. The character's model will always be over the map so it will be okay if the overlapping doesnt go below their legs. The check boxes help with that. I just use the purple black texture from g-mod but you can use any color. I'll show you an example tomorrow. It's pass midnight right now and i just turned off my computer. Good night and i wish you luck on your maps

Reactions: ChillyScholar

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
@Xalenda here's an example if grid base parallaxing
map.png
the grid helps know where everything should be and line up the tiles together. in addition i find it easier to just make the map in RPG maker for flooring and walls and just take a map shot and add details on top. it's easy to make simple changes and give maps a more lived in and lively feel. if you have any questions about mapping i'll be happy to try and answer than as best i can

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
@MystZER0 As always, the help is greatly appreciated - slight problem being that I'm using VX Ace, not MV, so plugins aren't a thing. You either have a script, or you figure out another way to make it work.

The creation is going to be my new hobby - taking a look at the tuts online, it really IS easy, and I have 0 artistic ability - but the coding still remains the #1 issue. How do you create the depth needed so that your character doesn't just walk off the edge of the map?

Again, VX Ace doesn't have plugins available (unless I'm missing something), so I'm curious to figure out how Nergal did it so seamlessly.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@MystZER0 As always, the help is greatly appreciated - slight problem being that I'm using VX Ace, not MV, so plugins aren't a thing. You either have a script, or you figure out another way to make it work.

The creation is going to be my new hobby - taking a look at the tuts online, it really IS easy, and I have 0 artistic ability - but the coding still remains the #1 issue. How do you create the depth needed so that your character doesn't just walk off the edge of the map?

Again, VX Ace doesn't have plugins available (unless I'm missing something), so I'm curious to figure out how Nergal did it so seamlessly.
Plugins exist for ACE, they are just scripts ^^

As for how it works. You can just have 2 invisible squares on the tileset (Say Tileset B), one allows movement (should be a circle) one disallows movement (an X). You paint all the areas you don't want the character to move with the Tile that's the X, and then where you allow the player as a circle.

If you take a look in the Tilsets folder of the game, you can see I've added a "Futuristic_TileB-Para" for example that has 0 and Xs, allowing me to test this.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Awesome-sauce! Thanks so much - I was creating a bunch of maps for the sewer / addition to the school (back yard + lockers, old equipment shed for sexy-fun-times), and it was laggy as hell with nothing in it. So... parallax mapping begins!

aff571

Jun 6, 2017
Did Nergal set the code trello to private? I can't access it. Would love to know where he is in coding.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Awesome-sauce! Thanks so much - I was creating a bunch of maps for the sewer / addition to the school (back yard + lockers, old equipment shed for sexy-fun-times), and it was laggy as hell with nothing in it. So... parallax mapping begins!
Jesus Fucking Christ your profile pic is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Flashbacks to old HotDiggetyDemon.

k1ng@m0n

Jan 25, 2018
Urban Demons, a tale of two souls lost in the darkness. Take control of, Peter the perverted young male as you journey around the city seeking to complete your goals. Encounter a variety of women, all of whom you can talk and interact with and... more!

However discover your fate as you travel into the very depths of hell, to uncover the truth of who you are, but more importantly, who or what you will become.

Your main goal is to corrupt all the women you can find as you travel between the real world and the Otherworld. This goal becomes slightly easier when you are blessed by demonic forces. But are these powers there to merely help you? Or are there more sinister motives at hand?

With a large selection of NPCs to interact with and a compelling story that will see you enter the depths of hell, be sure to check out the latest version!

Current Build Progress - 0.9 - In Progress

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Updated: 04/31-2018 (0.9 Demo -2)
Censorship: None
Version: 0.9 Demo 2
Developer: ( / )
Language: English
Genre: 2DCG, Shotacon, Incest, Corruption, Voyeurism, Oral Sex, Group Sex, Demons, Super Powers, Fantasy

Instructions:

In-Game Codes:

Official Release Changelog:

Download(s):
v0.9.2-DEMO: - - - - -

whats the password to the file

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes