4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Time played 0.9.1.2 = 0 minutes, 0 seconds
Time spent looking at code = 3 hr, 37 minutes

Holy FUCK is this thing so much more streamlined! Like... it's all just laid out, perfectly spaced and redirected, the scenes aren't built using .CSV files anymore (love that) and the scripts are so well designed...

So, okay - if you're interested in the coding aspects of this game, check the spoiler.
If you're not interested, you can skip it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR: Don't get put off by this DEMO; it's going to be epic.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Time played 0.9.1.2 = 0 minutes, 0 seconds
Time spent looking at code = 3 hr, 37 minutes

Holy FUCK is this thing so much more streamlined! Like... it's all just laid out, perfectly spaced and redirected, the scenes aren't built using .CSV files anymore (love that) and the scripts are so well designed...

So, okay - if you're interested in the coding aspects of this game, check the spoiler.
If you're not interested, you can skip it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR: Don't get put off by this DEMO; it's going to be epic.
Such a baby boy when it comes to coding, but I can tell this gonna be good! Can't wait!

Sheranga

Sep 5, 2017
Don’t think of this as an actual update to the game, because Nergal himself says it isn’t.

Think of it as a chance to see where and how he’s changing the game to suit his story, an upgrade to the progression system, and taking a first glimpse of The Looking Glass, rather than going through it.
Hmm, dunno where you saw that this wasn't an update, because that's literally what this was suppose to be. It was called 0.9 for a reason. Unless there's some spooky Discord PR shenanigans going on, I haven't seen Nergal say this wasn't meant to be an update to the game. I've seen him imply that it was rushed though.

All the new coding changes are great, but it's pretty clear no one playtested this thing efficiently. And there are plenty of examples in the code, too. How come Ms. Amos calls for "store-bj " while at home? Not to mention the space throws off the script to find the actual scene. There's a bunch of crud like that which is definitely problematic. The new scene player is way neater and not having to gouge my eyes out to work with the scene dialogue is nice, but holy fuck is it a delicate plugin ingame. Every 2 scenes it decides it no longer wants to work.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
As stated above, the entirety of the scene has been reworked so that you no longer need to worry about messing about with clunky .csv files. The only way I, and most people, were able to view them was in Excel, and that was... less than optimal.
Just a heads up, is my preferred program for viewing CSV files. And HTML, and JSON, and RPY... Pretty much any text-based file, basically. Add a few plugins like Text Pastry, and basic code tweaking gets really convenient. Excel is a distant memory for anything non-tabular.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
@SecretSal

See, if I'd known this earlier, I wouldn't have posted it - but unfortunately, I'm still very much a baby when it comes to the basics.

@Sheranga

"The time has finally come to share the 0.9 build, and I'll say from the off it's not fully complete..." So, yeah, it's an update to 0.9, but it's not the full game - it's more of a teaser of what's to come instead of a complete and working build.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018

Select VX Ace, Download, and extract it where you can find it later. For more instructions, follow the ones on the web-page linked.

BubbleMunch

Oct 10, 2017
Ok, I'm a bit into the Purity route and all I can say is that its pretty good so far.

A few things, I think would be great would be more emotion faces, especially sultry ones, for characters.
A Purity version of Peter touching Ms. Amos in the kitchen scene where its him with a slight embarrassed smile rather than drooling and maybe keep the drooling or replace it with him having a mean smile for Corruption, Blackmail could just be him drooling, I think I might add that my self since @Xalenda stated editing scenes are much easier.
The handjob scene for Ms. Jennings could also be edited to him having an embarrassed look in Purity and then keep it as it is for Corruption, for Blackmail Ms. Jennings could have a more disgusted look.

maddrd

Aug 19, 2016
Not sure if this has been asked but what to do with mr jenning after principal yells at her and it says something about being alone and getting detention but how do I get it.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes