4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
Is there an ingame menu? its hard to keep track of things without one, how do you even save?

May 16, 2017
The base game and patched game isn't loading most of the dialogue and scenes. Even in the debug room it doesn't. Sometimes the scenes get through after relaunching the game. What would be causing this?

Is there an ingame menu? its hard to keep track of things without one, how do you even save?
There should be a phone on the counter in the kitchen. Use that to find the save and load menu.

Sheranga

Sep 5, 2017
I'd love to try and help some of you but I can't really run diagnostics unless I know if you're using MY patch. It should've fixed most of the issues, I did notice that Dizzy's progression is still broken and my level 5 Sarah changes didn't actually make it in, but all the early levels should be fixed in that.

Also, the developer made this note on both the patreon and the blog but didn't in this forum, you are not supposed to be using the debug room in this build. I didn't touch it in my update, I should've tried to find a way to disable access to it, but that's what the developer said, do not use the debug room in this build.

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
Babysit isn't working for now guys . Don't try it . I'm gonna try to fix this . Just because it's make me sad a little bit . I remember the day when i was a kid , invited friends to my house , they said "sure V we will be there" and no one come . Best birthday ever .

cmyop

Jul 8, 2017
I'd love to try and help some of you but I can't really run diagnostics unless I know if you're using MY patch. It should've fixed most of the issues, I did notice that Dizzy's progression is still broken and my level 5 Sarah changes didn't actually make it in, but all the early levels should be fixed in that.

Also, the developer made this note on both the patreon and the blog but didn't in this forum, you are not supposed to be using the debug room in this build. I didn't touch it in my update, I should've tried to find a way to disable access to it, but that's what the developer said, do not use the debug room in this build.
Hey, this is actually regarding the Dizzy issue. I can't actually continue the dialogue on the long progression version. It does the initial dialogue and then just repeats the busy response. Is that the issue you mentioned above, or is this something on my end? I have used your flag check thing at the desk in Peter's room, if that helps.

Benson

Jul 1, 2017
At this moment the game is just a bug fest, right?
I remember playing a much more stable version with much more content, although the CG graphics were horrible.
What happened to that version?

TB

Jun 28, 2017
Enjoying the new progression system a lot but yeah it's buggy as all hell. I unfortunately can't post any bugfixes myself cause each time I edit the game in rpgmaker it permanently messes up the resolutions and I don't know how to fix those but here's some specific issues I could pinpoint:

- Kimberly's progression on the corruption route gets stuck after saving Amanda from the creepy guy because Kimberly's sprite doesn't reappear next to her (and you therefore can't initiate the saved Amanda dialogue with her which is required to progress). This can be fixed by removing the second switch condition on her event/sprite (click the checkmark next to the 1910 switch). With this fix it was smooth sailing for me and I could get Kimberly all the way to level 5 on the corruption route without further issues.

- Sydney's blackmail route gets stuck when you text her to invite her to the shower because there's some kind of issue with the text message that throws the ERROR LOADING MESSAGE TEXT and ERROR LOADING MESSAGE SENDER. This is due to a typo in the sent text message that causes it to try and reference a text message reply that technically doesn't exist.
Fix: go to Urban Demons/Data/Text Messages/Text Choices/3.txt and change the last part of the third line from "Sydney/Shower Reply - Blackmailed>" to "Sydney/Shower Reply - Blackmail>".

- Ms Jennings and Sarah, as far as I can tell, both get stuck on the blackmail routes because at some point you can no longer initiate normal dialogue with them (which I think is required to progress). Specifically Sarah gets stuck at a point before you can invite her to the toilets. I don't really have a fix for these because I don't know how the blackmail progression is intended to work but for now I'd just suggest to avoid the blackmail route for those two altogether. Sarah on the Corruption route works for me all the way to level 5, Ms Jennings up to level 4 (because of the babysitting requirement to advance).

- Babysitting is broken entirely because the variable 0065: Babysitter ID is never assigned a different value than 0. It's *supposed* to be assigned through the plain text format text messages in Urban Demons/Data/Text Messages (i.e. "<set-variable:65|10>") but I suspect that it's either not formatted correctly or there is some issue with the text parser script. Triggering switches ("<trigger-switch:1914>") does seem to work so it could be something specific to variables.

This is all specific to the 0.9.1.2 version with Sheranga's fixes. I hope this helps anyone else looking to do some manual bugfixing/patching.

seton

Nov 12, 2017
Are you using my update? That should help fix a lot of the missing scenes and stuff. The bitmap crashes are out of my hands, but I'm pretty sure I fixed most of the "missing img" stuff. The game crashing with no error is also something I couldn't fix.[/QUOTE]

Nah man, wheres your fix at tho?

Darkchip

Apr 28, 2017
Does anyone know how to get to the cafe that they keep talking about i can't seem to get access to it.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
Still not to sure on the whole "this is just a demo" thing, him saying it's not complete lends more credence to it being rushed and unfinished, but still.

I digress, I'm here to try and help everyone play this update with my fancy update of my own.

Urban Demons Unofficial 0.9.1.2_01 Update

MEGA Download Link:

Installation:
1. Drag and drop the two folders in the 7zip file into the folder where the Urban Demons exe is located.
2. It should ask if you want to overwrite, do so. If it doesn't, you fucked up somewhere.

This should hopefully keep this game together for the next two weeks, when Nergal gets back and can do something more official.
Nah man, wheres your fix at tho?
The first quote.

May 16, 2017
Used the patch. I fixed some of the missing dialogue and backgrounds by renaming them appropriately. (I pasted and replaced files correctly but some were just named right after)

However, I don't know how to fix not being being able to text Sarah after her telling Peter he can text her to come to the bathroom. At that point, the only thing you can do with her is repeat conversations about the guy she's cheating with and asking about her marriage. Her journal is empty at this point, just a white screen. This is on Short prog or Long prog.

If babysitting is broken then how do I obtain Mrs. Jennings number? Do I have to have the mother visit at school or?

I don't know where to activate the outdoor side-fuck scene for Kimberly. I tried the red circle outside the park restroom but every time she says to go back in the restroom for a blowjob. Is there another area I'm not seeing?

I get occasional crashes when loading the scenes or after them but, relaunching immediately after makes them work. (autosave is very useful.) And that's all that I'm having issues with.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes