4.10 star(s) 53 Votes

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Tileset update: I'm about half way done, but I'm skipping the highschool tiles because the highschool maps are unused in the game for reasons of Nergal not finishing them and pushing the "playable Neala" away.

I see, never really looked through the RPGMaker game files before.
Let me see what I can come up with and PM it to you later and see if its good enough to pursue.
If you're unsure, you can also send me only the text and I'll just kinda paste it into a dialogue file for you and test it.
But yeah, just try to do a thing and I'll test it for you when I have time! :D

Reactions: User_135940

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Tileset update 2:
Because of the ridiculous way Nergal creates maps as background images and then adds collision (but not to all of them?) by using 2 transparent tiles, 1 that you can walk on and 1 you can't, he had 2 "Otherworld" tile sets.
I have now converted the ONLY MAP (The Entrance of the Castle of Illusion) that used tileset 16 (Otherworld copy with 1 difference) to use tileset 15 (The Otherworld tileset that literally ever other otherworld map uses) instead.
Getting rid of an entire, now USELESS, tileset is a VERY good feeling! :D

EDIT:
Alright, tilesets are done, whenever a new patch will come, this will be included! :D

Last edited:

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
I'm able to repeat most of Mrs. Jennings' stuff without issue. I have the Kinnerman patch. Only things you can't seem to access after the scripted times are the school handjob and blowjob.

The rewrite is pretty ok, for the most part. I would've liked to see it refined, though, which will sadly not happen. I'm pretty sure I've seen everything at this point except whatever the "final scene" is. I'm like 8 corruption away from maxing her out. That's one of my issues with the rewrite - it's incredibly grindy. The new story lasts longer than the others, but you still reach a point where all you can do is grind out to the end. And maybe this is only an issue with the purity route, but it takes forever to max out corruption. Once I was done with all the story beats, she was only at like 40ish corruption. To top that off, for whatever reason, some of her interactions don't give anything anymore. The park fuck and bar fuck give no corruption. The home blowjob/fuck gives no corruption. I think babysitting might, and the lunchtime TF/fuck does, but that's it. So that's only like ~5 corruption per day. That's a lot to grind out when you're seeing the same scene and dialogue over and over. Using true corruption at night only helps so much. It's dumb that you have no choice but to work with Fred after you pass a certain point. It's also dumb that the sex ed scene now happens every day, and gives zero corruption or progress. That should be the most corrupting thing, if anything. You should also at least have a choice as to whether or not it happens, at least in my opinion.

On another note, Neala's babysitting ride scene is broken and crashes the game. Looking forward to any other patches people here make, for whatever they touch up.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
I have only worked on the tilesets right now, so either when @Kinnerman has something or when I have something more.
Basically, there is no ETA for patches at the moment. Sorry.

I agree with you completely that someone (possibly me and/or Kinnerman or even someone else) should at some point refine/polish this whole new thing up quite a bit.
In my opinion this whole new system with the progression for Mrs.J is a massive mess and just shoddily put together.
What seems to be the reason as to why most of Mrs.J's scene no longer give much in the way of Rel/Cor is because they give "Progress"...

Also, the babysit ride, do you get a specific error or does it just crash? If you can give me some more info I can take a look at it!
And which one are you trying to do? Purity or Corrupt?

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
I agree with you completely that someone (possibly me and/or Kinnerman or even someone else) should at some point refine/polish this whole new thing up quite a bit.
In my opinion this whole new system with the progression for Mrs.J is a massive mess and just shoddily put together.
What seems to be the reason as to why most of Mrs.J's scene no longer give much in the way of Rel/Cor is because they give "Progress"...

Also, the babysit ride, do you get a specific error or does it just crash? If you can give me some more info I can take a look at it!
And which one are you trying to do? Purity or Corrupt?
Error attached. Looks like it is referencing a wrong path. Oddly enough it says side there, where the side fuck option totally works (and it's the correct scene). I'm doing purity route.
Not to give you a litany of bugs, but I thought of it after my last post - super minor bug - Sydney's options in the dinner scene are colored incorrectly. Talk is blue, and compliment is red. They just need to be moved down one. Talk should be neutral, compliment blue, tease red.

Can you access the new babysitting scenes
Yes, but they're slightly bugged in that the dialogue options for them do not show up when picking a babysitter. All you have to do, though, is pick any of the options (doesn't matter) but then text one of the new babysitters (Ms. Amos, Sarah, Lisa) and it works.

Reactions: SmurfyBlue

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Can i volunteer for map design? I have spritr editing software and rpg maker VX ace. I see that nergal was useing backgrounds when instead of actaully maps for the houses residential area. This was probably to have more customisation freedom when making them. I can try to mimic his technique but i will need time to get a complete hand on it

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Error attached. Looks like it is referencing a wrong path. Oddly enough it says side there, where the side fuck option totally works (and it's the correct scene). I'm doing purity route.
Not to give you a litany of bugs, but I thought of it after my last post - super minor bug - Sydney's options in the dinner scene are colored incorrectly. Talk is blue, and compliment is red. They just need to be moved down one. Talk should be neutral, compliment blue, tease red.

Yes, but they're slightly bugged in that the dialogue options for them do not show up when picking a babysitter. All you have to do, though, is pick any of the options (doesn't matter) but then text one of the new babysitters (Ms. Amos, Sarah, Lisa) and it works.
Yes, it's calling a wrong file name

I'll fix both of these in a couple minutes and upload a small patch that also includes the tilesets fixes!

Can i volunteer for map design? I have spritr editing software and rpg maker VX ace. I see that nergal was useing backgrounds when instead of actaully maps for the houses residential area. This was probably to have more customisation freedom when making them. I can try to mimic his technique but i will need time to get a complete hand on it
Yes it gives you more freedom in making it look nice. It's also a NIGHTMARE to do correct collision for because there are no actual items on the room.

This is why even with my now newly (mostly) fixed tilesets there are still some rooms with incorrect collision because he's just put invisible collision boxes over his image.
And yes of course that works, but it's a LOT harder to make.
My request is to make it a mix of both. Make a room as a background image, but FILL the room in-game so that the collision works better.
Of course I can't tell you what to do with your life, you can choose whichever way you like!

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Yes it gives you more freedom in making it look nice. It's also a NIGHTMARE to do correct collision for because there are no actual items on the room.

This is why even with my now newly (mostly) fixed tilesets there are still some rooms with incorrect collision because he's just put invisible collision boxes over his image.
And yes of course that works, but it's a LOT harder to make.
My request is to make it a mix of both. Make a room as a background image, but FILL the room in-game so that the collision works better.
Of course I can't tell you what to do with your life, you can choose whichever way you like!
I'll let you know when i'm done

Last edited:
Reactions: SmurfyBlue

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Fan Mod/Patch links added to OP. It's a combination of @Kinnerman mod/patch and my tiny patch fixing Neala's babysitting scenes, the colours of the Sydney options during dinner/lunch as well as tileset collisions (to the best of my ability)
If any more huge bugs/glitches come up, make sure to let us know so we can try and fix them!

Reactions: wewlad

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Fan Mod/Patch links added to OP. It's a combination of @Kinnerman mod/patch and my tiny patch fixing Neala's babysitting scenes, the colours of the Sydney options during dinner/lunch as well as tileset collisions (to the best of my ability)
If any more huge bugs/glitches come up, make sure to let us know so we can try and fix them!
Any changes in regards to the Mom 10 H scene?

Fakeomnikuken

Aug 27, 2017
It's buggy as an anthill, I guess nergal really doesn't care anymore.
Yea until the next big kinner/smurfy update patch the game is a nightmare to play at it's its current form,I stopped playing it I'll just wait for the patching to be done because as of right now playing is stressful,even more that even with kinner patch I can't replay mrs jennings scenes with dialogue changes to represent her getting more slutty for some reason and the mom's 10 heart scene is mute:just goes to show how rushed and little Nergal cared for this last update.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Any changes in regards to the Mom 10 H scene?
No not yet. Sorry. But it is being worked on (or atleast planned to).

I am working under the "fixing before modding" rule where I wont start adding/modding things in the game until it's actually playable. However to do this in the best possible way we're waiting until AFTER the 0.8 public release before we start anything major because knowing Nergal we might have to redo a LOT of things from 0.8.X to 0.8 public!

Reactions: wewlad

pcdc

May 4, 2017
Hey guys, i'm a huge fan of Urban Demons and it pains me a lot that Nergal had to quit, but flipping the pages here I see that some of u are trying to continue it, am I wrong?

If that so, could someone reply me a summary of whats going on?

and plus, I'm a writter and my script skills are quite good, but i'm not an english speaker. If there is something going on about bring the game back to life I would like to help! Just reply me how i could do it!

Thanks for your time!

Reactions: QhazeLupe
4.10 star(s) 53 Votes