Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
How much content is locked from standard version in difference to golden version? is it just a laptop scene or is there more? can you choose multiple things to do in gold version but in standard you have to replay to get the scenes?
Yes, like other people said, laptop woman is the only content you'll miss. And no, you can't "cheat" routes or anything like that in gold version. It just have higher image quality and mentioned content.
any new content with the sister?
Changelog says that all storylines have new content.

Reactions: jackkane

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
@muttdoggy, is there a Linux version?
Well, nevermind. I've made it myself. The problem with animations scaling remains the same, however. As I expected.
If anyone is interested in a Linux build: necessary files are , just unpack them and put 'app.asar' and 'app-update.yml' from the Windows version to the 'resources' folder.

Reactions: kawabonga

Armadillo

Jul 9, 2018
so my saves dont work in this version another game that is gonna continuously make me start over again no thanks good luck with your game
I resumed my patronage to this game (y)
Regarding the save games, i'm quoting what's on the patreon post for this update (standard version):

To access your old save game files from previous versions you must do this:
  • Before running this new version open the folder "C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming"
  • rename folder named "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version 0.1.2" to "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version" (*)
  • run this new version, your old save game files should appear now.
(*) if you already have a folder named "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version", delete it first, and then rename "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version 0.1.2" to "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version"

For Mac, the save game files are located at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support

For Linux, the save game files are located at /home/<username>/.config/

I did this and all my old save games worked just fine with this new version.
I've the gold version that i can share if any of the ops here are interested. Mac, Linux and Android versions i can get them too.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Regarding the save games, i'm quoting what's on the patreon post for this update (standard version):

• Before running this new version open the folder "C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming"
  • rename folder named "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version 0.1.2" to "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version" (*)
(*) if you already have a folder named "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version", delete it first, and then rename "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version 0.1.2" to "Urban Voyeur - Standard Version"

For Mac, the save game files are located at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support

I've the gold version that i can share if any of the ops here are interested. Mac, Linux and Android versions i can get them too.
If you would like to share, I can help you with that. :D

Jul 30, 2018

ill take the gold version and do you have a save file from the point where nadine and sophia moves into the hotel karla owns that is where i left off i remember clearly

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I've been silently working on links and testing them. Mirroring a few gigs for 4 OS and making sure shit runs is what we gotta do.
@johnconnor It's the laptop route and uncompressed images. So it's got one extra route and hi res images. No need to use unpackers either.

Reactions: johnconnor

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
I've been silently working on links and testing them. Mirroring a few gigs for 4 OS and making sure shit runs is what we gotta do.
@johnconnor It's the laptop route and uncompressed images. So it's got one extra route and hi res images. No need to use unpackers either.
Thanks for your efforts!

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Which sister? I don't recall this game having any "sister"? :unsure:
That's what i thought too. But it happens sometimes when you play 999 games, or when updates of this game come once in like half a year.
Who's the "Laptop" Woman? Gimme the route.
It's that plump latina with disheveled hair you can choose to spy on early on in the game, and then meet.

Reactions: johnconnor

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
the receptionist and bartender has new content, the blond milf/nurse and her daughter only have story progression and the others have minor or no progression at all with a few new characters introduction.

i just want to MC to bang the mother and daughter pair already. not sure why the dev is dragging it out and adding new char when there's a bunch already in place with little to no content.

Armadillo

Jul 9, 2018
@matt2211 @D.Raven Productions

My save games for the gold version. I quickly replayed some of the paths to make sure there are saves here and there through all the different storylines. They're all mixed, no real order.

You should unzip into a folder named "Urban Voyeur - Gold Version" inside "C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming"

I tried porting the save games from my desktop to my laptop and this worked fine, so if it doesn't work out for you, you're probably doing something wrong :p

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018

Does this trick work on gold version too?

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes