Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This game... Why is the game called "V.I.R.T.U.E.S." as if the characters stand for something? Do they?

Also god damnit, I'm so sick of sandboxes, but lately that is all that is appearing to get updates.
I like sandboxes and to me it seems like they're a dying breed, especially with games masquerading as 'boxes which are just some intertwined kinetic novels. Matter of taste probably, and the grass is always greener on the other side.

The game, if expanding the title, is named "Vera Irene Rachel Theodora Uno Elisa Senning".

yusuro

Jan 3, 2019
First time playing this game what are the differences between the girlfriend route and partner route ? does it lock you from having harem points / only being able to have that route played?

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
I hated that part as well but things get reverted pretty quick in MC's favor, in the subsequent scene with her if am I not wrong.
That's nice. Honestly I tend to have a knee jerk reaction to such content. Not a fan of foot jobs in the first place...they do not spark joy ;)

Reactions: \EGOIST and Valeck

Gilgamesh1997

Apr 12, 2020
idk if bug or not but whenever i click on the walk option for the park i get sent to the restaurant when vera is working there. only happens when vera is at the restaurant though

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
idk if bug or not but whenever i click on the walk option for the park i get sent to the restaurant when vera is working there. only happens when vera is at the restaurant though
Sounds like a bug to me. I cannot replicate it though, I can walk the park in the evening just fine. Nothing happens of course. Or do you mean when Vera has a special scene (red dot/face shown)?

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
I think NoMeme should get/hire some proofreader, because there is a lot of Engrish that breaks immersion and I often misunderstand the sentence and have to read it again. English is not my first language either, but when I read "We apologized", it sounded like they have already apologized, but they haven't. It's really weird and doesn't read like human speech. It shouldn't be past tense, but present. And also "We prepared some food and wines downstairs."..."wines" are parts of climbing plants, not multiple glasses of wine. It's just "wine", no matter how much of it is there.

Those are just 2 examples, there is much more. Some are not so bad, but some are.

The reason I am saying this, is, that I started playing this VN for the first time and I am enjoying it, and I want it to be good. This is one of the few games that manages to make the Illusion game assets look good. VNs that use Honey Select or Koikatu posing studios usually look really bad with inhuman looking half baked characters, but here the characters had some work put into them, which I can appreciate as someone who has played around in Illusion character creators. And the story seems nice and likeable so far. The immersion breaking language hurts the experience that is otherwise really good, imo.
I offered to do proofreading for them last year at some point, and they turned me down, even though, as you point out, the English is idiomatically off all over the place.

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
Might be because you changed the posts per page, the link sends me to the proper compressed version. Try changing it back, or searching for it.
Thanks. I found your message to someone else as the first item of the search. I'm surprised the compressed version was posted in January. The thread update decieved me into thinking it was new version of the main game. Again, thanks!

dubisek

Nov 25, 2017
I offered to do proofreading for them last year at some point, and they turned me down, even though, as you point out, the English is idiomatically off all over the place.
I have offered to proofread/edit for several projects as well, based on the responses I have gotten I am fairly convinced that they just don't care about the quality of the text.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have offered to proofread/edit for several projects as well, based on the responses I have gotten I am fairly convinced that they just don't care about the quality of the text.
Obviously some do not care, yes. Some games have half a dozen spelling and grammar mistakes per page. And that is a shame, especially since these could mostly already be stopped if you ran the lines by a grammar and spell check before putting them into the program.

Then again, I understand the reluctance to just let anybody who applies and whom they don't know to help join the project. First, the dev gives part of "his" creation away, it's not "only his" anymore, and many of these are hobby projects. If it's a dev team, probably worse, since the "new guy" has to fit in. Then some people will disappear as quickly as they popped up, others will spoil internal information to the public, others will go above and beyond when spellchecking and change whole sentences, changing the meaning, so the controllers have to be controlled again by the dev, and many more possible minor hindrances. That doesn't mean devs shouldn't be willing to get help when needed, but it means they need to be choosy if somebody they don't know and whose capabilities are also not proven just writes them an e mail "here I am".

Edit: finished the last sentence which was missing a verb.

Last edited:

Elasstommer

Aug 15, 2017
Obviously some do not care, yes. Some games have half a dozen spelling and grammar mistakes per page. And that is a shame, especially since these could mostly already be stopped if you ran the lines by a grammar and spell check before putting them into the program.

Then again, I understand the reluctance to just let anybody who applies and whom they don't know to help join the project. First, the dev gives part of "his" creation away, it's not "only his" anymore, and many of these are hobby projects. If it's a dev team, probably worse, since the "new guy" has to fit in. Then some people will disappear as quickly as they popped up, others will spoil internal information to the public, others will go above and beyond when spellchecking and change whole sentences, changing the meaning, so the controllers have to be controlled again by the dev, and many more possible minor hindrances. That doesn't mean devs shouldn't be willing to get help when needed, but it means they need to be choosy if somebody they don't know and whose capabilities are also not proven.
Yeah, I don't feel bad when somebody doesn't want to use my services. Indie devs particularly have a very hard time maintaining their relationships with their patreons when their games get leaked to f95zone, and trusting a new person can be hard. If there's a game I really want to help improve, I just do a text edit and send it with no strings attached. If the dev wants me to continue, we can do that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Horagen81

Lance78

Oct 17, 2017
Guys..this might be a stupid question, but how do I raise sexual stats? Shameless, sub etc. ?
I repeated actions again and again and nothing?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 115 Votes