Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
0.8 release schedule

Version 0.8 is about to be finished. What can be expected inside (brief list)?
  • Animations for the R/P/S combat: no more guessing how your opponent will attack, their animation will allow you to determine it on your own.
  • Fame: play as a benign ruler and watch your Fame grow. When it reaches high thresholds, enjoy Morale and productivity bonus. Or play as a ruthless leader and when your infamy is low enough, your subjects will be obedient like never before!
  • A full quest in the fiefdom of Daoyuen filled with sex and adventure.
  • Original music score.
  • More details in the final release.

Schedule:
  • March 9 - Tiers 50$ and 30$
  • March 11 - Tier 20
  • March 13 - Tier 10
  • March 15 - Tier 5
  • March 17 - Public release

Last edited:

bubge

Apr 29, 2021
i am impressed by the pace this game is keeping in updates, and we're already at 0.8. do we have any idea about when we can expect 1.0 release? i cant wait to put my hands on the MC's mother

alextg1

Oct 23, 2022
It would be real interesting if the mc falls into the Queen's trap and is captured again. But then the younger princess has pity on him (for old times sake) and shows him some small kindness, which the mc exploits to take her captive and escape. Then he interrogates her for the queens weaknesses ,which knowing the mc, culminates in a happy ending. At least for him!:LOL:

Reactions: Doorknob22

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Got a question about a decision for a fiefdom.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, what does the charm I got from the first seamstress actually do?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
i am impressed by the pace this game is keeping in updates, and we're already at 0.8. do we have any idea about when we can expect 1.0 release? i cant wait to put my hands on the MC's mother
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. What I intend to do (as you'll see in 0.8) is start allocating more attention and resources to the meta story (Karder, his sisters and Queen Remy) with a more "juicy" interludes on every release. Once I have a better grasp of the meta story, I'll know better when will the mother and child reunion (sorry, ) take place.

Got a question about a decision for a fiefdom.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, what does the charm I got from the first seamstress actually do?
1. I try to avoid big branches as they are a huge resources hog and a source of frustration to players IMHO. So no: if this decision will come up in the future it will be in the shape of a "flavor", not facepalm moment for the players "ha ha you chose wrong two years ago and now you'll pay the price".

2. Oh, I totally forgot about Lilan's charm and it actually works, just checked the code: In R/P/S combat, if you have lost more than 10 hit points, you have 92% every turn to heal 10 HP. Not bad (for those of you who are not chickens)!

chachos

Oct 1, 2017
I can't get enough of this game. Is there any plan to have Alam become Domia's play thing back at his Castle if the player does both seduce Domia and demean Alam? It would be perfect, with Alam wanting to be useful to someone and feeling envious of Domia's abilities and Domia having a disdain for but an attraction to Alam. I'm thankful for what we got but would love to get more sub/dom of those two.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
1. I try to avoid big branches as they are a huge resources hog and a source of frustration to players IMHO. So no: if this decision will come up in the future it will be in the shape of a "flavor", not facepalm moment for the players "ha ha you chose wrong two years ago and now you'll pay the price".

2. Oh, I totally forgot about Lilan's charm and it actually works, just checked the code: In R/P/S combat, if you have lost more than 10 hit points, you have 92% every turn to heal 10 HP. Not bad (for those of you who are not chickens)!
Oh nice! I was really hoping it wasn't a big branch. Looks like it's just gonna be for world building.

I see. Yeah it's not bad. I play safe and spam defensive until I get the pattern anyway, but it will help a lot if we ever get difficult fights in the future. Like fights that don't have a set pattern and relies on rng, or has multiple patterns. :unsure:

dervalle007

Jan 23, 2022
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. What I intend to do (as you'll see in 0.8) is start allocating more attention and resources to the meta story (Karder, his sisters and Queen Remy) with a more "juicy" interludes on every release. Once I have a better grasp of the meta story, I'll know better when will the mother and child reunion (sorry, ) take place.

The last time I played the game I played the companion quest of the elf queen. There seemed to be a whole new plot line coming up with these supernatural angels. I hope this plot line doesn't get abandoned, it looked promising.

alex19

Jan 20, 2018
Playing as Karder gives such a Genghis Khan vibe! (y)
Reminds of a Vikings episode where they subjugate an arab city and break into the harem!
Karder has really checked off really hot flags from the list.
Next side quest could be perhaps gatecrashing the wedding of an asian princess and rescuing her from the alter!:devilish:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
The last time I played the game I played the companion quest of the elf queen. There seemed to be a whole new plot line coming up with these supernatural angels. I hope this plot line doesn't get abandoned, it looked promising.
It's crucial to the story, so it's not going to get abandoned.

Playing as Karder gives such a Genghis Khan vibe! (y)
Reminds of a Vikings episode where they subjugate an arab city and break into the harem!
Karder has really checked off really hot flags from the list.
Next side quest could be perhaps gatecrashing the wedding of an asian princess and rescuing her from the alter!:devilish:
"Rescuing"... ;)

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
"There is a powerstruggle between Princess X and SomeDude/QueenY in fiefdom ABC, with Princess X currently on the losing side. Karder rescues Princess X and offers an alliance. Her supporters and Karder's Army overwhelm the other side. LovableBastardKarder cements the alliance by knocking Princess X up and letting her rule the fief as his vassal. EvilKarder betrays Princess X upon hearing that she wants to actually have a say, and throes her in the dungeon."

I think this could work out well.

My favourite garnish would be: When the previous Queen Z was visiting the Khan's court to make her homage "18" years ago, young Karder got into her pants and knocked her up. Princess X is his daughter, and the reason for the powerstruggle is that SomeDude/QueenY claim that Princess X isn't actually the daughter of the previous ruler Count WW.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
BTW: March 17 - Public release v0.8 :D

Forgive me if I'm forgetting, was MC/Khan's age ever established?

As much as I'm starving for new content, I will not replay the game yet again... maybe... oh, whom am I kidding?

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Yes. I'm currently working on adding the gallery scenes for 0.8. What a boring, error prone, uncreative, soul crushing chore.
I'm sure there are tricks that can make it 10000% more easy, if as you play, as scene happens, have a "start" and "end" for said scene.... [you know, with labels, tags, vars, or whatever coding term ren'py uses]

...where the gallery can just call up the 'start' part and when it gets to the 'end' part the replay ends.

I guess all the real work would be to make a thumbnail and code a grid for the gallery?

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Forgive me if I'm forgetting, was MC/Khan's age ever established?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't, and I don't expect it will be. Anything from mid-20s to mid-30s seems consistent with the snippets we know about his past and how he looks. We also need to keep in mind that the stories he tells about his past are generally while he is in-character as someone else. So they might be adapted true stories, or made up altogether.

One huge problem with establishing his canon age is that learning more about his backstory probably comes together with his past sexual exploits. For example, in the elfen fiefdom he tells the son of the woman he stays with that he attended an academy and buggered younger students there.

"Karder didn't have sex until he was 18." isn't believable, and I don't think Doorknob would try to tell us that. On the other hand, there are also good reasons for him to not go into detail on Karder's early sexual history. Making Karder 30 +/- 6 and leaving it at that should give enough flexibility to make the timeline fit without any too obvious problematic implications of who had sex at what age.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm sure there are tricks that can make it 10000% more easy, if as you play, as scene happens, have a "start" and "end" for said scene.... [you know, with labels, tags, vars, or whatever coding term ren'py uses]

...where the gallery can just call up the 'start' part and when it gets to the 'end' part the replay ends.

I guess all the real work would be to make a thumbnail and code a grid for the gallery?
All the "infrastructure" programming was generously donated by Niv-Mizzet the Firemind. Yet, for each version there's a few hours' worth of identifying the scenes, selecting the "representative" image, scaling it down, naming it in a very specific manner correlating to the relevant Label in the code, copying said Label to new Rpy file, "cleaning" it from uninitialized variables, if there are Jumps to Labels within a scene ("cum in or out", for example) I have to rename these labels as well, otherwise the gallery scene will jump into the game, test each flow etc etc.

All in all, I'd say each window in the gallery is roughly 30 minutes work.

Reactions: haooni
4.20 star(s) 127 Votes