Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
Doorknob22
I didn't follow this thread for a while, so I might not be up to date concerning development and planned content for 0.8. Looking good so far according to the previews (y). I only recently played the latest version 0.75 (I made a very long pause after 0.4) and I wonder if Karder will meet the female Orc again, who tried to assassinate him during the 0.6 events. He actually impregnated her, so it would be fun to meet such side characters again. It just makes the game overall more lifelike, if side characters from previous adventures make a small comeback later on, because you'll always meet twice in a lifetime. Just as a suggestion, she might recognize Karder and therefore put him at risk during his undercover infiltration mission in the Orc capital. She might even threaten him or blackmail him. It could result in a dilemma for Karder how to deal with this situation, after all she could expose him being undercover. I just thought it would be fitting, to bring this one female Orc sidekick back especially in 0.8, since Daoyuen is Orc territory and where else would she go after the events of 0.6.

Reactions: Doorknob22

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Doorknob22
I didn't follow this thread for a while, so I might not be up to date concerning development and planned content for 0.8. Looking good so far according to the previews (y). I only recently played the latest version 0.75 (I made a very long pause after 0.4) and I wonder if Karder will meet the female Orc again, who tried to assassinate him during the 0.6 events. He actually impregnated her, so it would be fun to meet such side characters again. It just makes the game overall more lifelike, if side characters from previous adventures make a small comeback later on, because you'll always meet twice in a lifetime. Just as a suggestion, she might recognize Karder and therefore put him at risk during his undercover infiltration mission in the Orc capital. She might even threaten him or blackmail him. It could result in a dilemma for Karder how to deal with this situation, after all she could expose him being undercover. I just thought it would be fitting, to bring this one female Orc sidekick back especially in 0.8, since Daoyuen is Orc territory and where else would she go after the events of 0.6.
Hey buddy, long time no see.

I'll explain why your (good) suggestion is complicated. Vae Victis - Khan is a non-linear game and players can play the infiltration missions in almost any order they wish. In order for your suggestion to be avilable, the players need to play Limtinia before Daoyuen and this poses two problems:

1. I create content which some players (those who played Daoyuen before Limtinia) miss but as a developer, I want the players to experience as close to 100% of the content I create as possible, otherwise it's wasted content.
2. Even if I did decide to add such content, I'm "softly" nudging players to play in one order so they can see the content, indirectly hurting the principle of flexibility.

My two point are not valid if you referred to "fluffy", content, i.e. mostly talking scene. In that case the investment on my end is not high and players who missed it will not feel they miss any significant content. If, however, you intended for a longer (although local) story arc with sex between Homraz and Karder, then my points stand.

Having said all that, I did add some "consistency fluff" in 0.8, details below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
Doorknob22

Hey mate, of course, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't take into account, that it's actually possible to play the 0.6 content after the 0.8 content.
Actually I didn't really suggest a sex scene, since your schedule for sex scenes is most likely full anyway for 0.8 until your March deadline. After all she might not be willing, since Karder raped her the first time. Maybe she just wants to blackmail Karder for some money / support, since she is pregnant and might need some funds to raise her half-orc child. Initially I just thought a dialogue scene would be alright for a sidekick's small comeback. ;)
Although as an Orc she might very well respect strength and someone like Karder, who submitted her to his will. I guess in Orc culture rape and violence is pretty much common, so she might not be that much upset.
So another sex scene with her being pregnant sounds intriguing, if Karder manages to get on good terms with her during her attempt to blackmail him. She even might be convinced, that it's probably not a good idea to try to double-cross the man, who subjugated and impregnated her once, by another one of Karder's violent outbursts leading to a rape scene with her being pregnant. I like that idea...damn. But unfortunately you're right, that it would be wasted content, if players play 0.8. before 0.6. Therefore just a minor dialogue scene might be best.
Anyway I'm pretty sure, you'll manage to create another fantastic update! Looking forward to 0.8!

Last edited:

junqir

Jul 30, 2021
Some potential bugs/typos:

The side quest scene with Eviette seems to have some incomplete dialogue, if you have neither molested nor raped her, she still says that you have done both.

During the ravish Dorla scene at the river, Dorla says "Please, Saar! Spare me!" when it should be Odi saying it.

Reactions: gojira667

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Some potential bugs/typos:

The side quest scene with Eviette seems to have some incomplete dialogue, if you have neither molested nor raped her, she still says that you have done both.
Fixed for 0.8 to:

Code:
    ka "Are you afraid of me?"

if rapedEviette == True:
        ev "You... tied and raped me, Majesty. Yes, I'm terrified of you."
    elif molestedEviette == True:
        ev "You... tied and molested me, Majesty. Yes, I'm terrified of you."
    else:
        ev "Well, you {b}did{/b} kidnap me and interrogated me. So yes, I {b}am{/b} afraid of you, Majesty."
During the ravish Dorla scene at the river, Dorla says "Please, Saar! Spare me!" when it should be Odi saying it.
Fixed for 0.8.

Thanks!

junqir

Jul 30, 2021
Fixed for 0.8 to:

Code:

if rapedEviette == True:
    else:
        ev "Well, you {b}did{/b} kidnap me and interrogated me. So yes, I {b}am{/b} afraid of you, Majesty."
Maybe something like this to include all 4 possibilities? I don't code so take this with a grain of salt.

Edit: 'interrogated' to 'interrogate'

Code:

if molestedEviette == True and rapedEviette == True:
        ev "Well, other than raping me, you molested me in every possible way. So yes, I {b}am{/b} afraid of you, Majesty."
    elif rapedEviette == True:
    else:
        ev "Well, you {b}did{/b} kidnap me and interrogate me. So yes, I {b}am{/b} afraid of you, Majesty."

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
There seems to be a graphical bug. When conquering Waikokipia, it isn't colored properly on the map. It still shows another color on the map despite beeing conquered.

Map color bug.jpg

Aug 13, 2020
Before all else, congratulations Doorknob22 , you got a good thing going on here! I can only imagine how burdened you are with both your supporters and forum denizens requesting features, but allow me to add my feedback:

Finally, I wish you good luck in the development of this gem.

VNwhiteknight

Sep 21, 2020
Loved the game , just wanted to ask if I missed something or a bug possibly as I have done all the content and gotten act 2 events for the wenches for except Teniya act 2. she gave birth and I am well past 20 turns but no act event.

Edit: I just reloaded the save all the way back from when Teniya is pregnant then waited 20 turns and the event showed up

This is out there but on my main save I'm probably not gonna unlock the act 2 event...... I assume going forward with teniya the game is gonna be tracking whether I did her act 2 content if/when she gets more content? This is selfish but I'm fearing reloading from that save and doing mostly everything again.

Anyhow really hype for queen of Daouen!

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Loved the game , just wanted to ask if I missed something or a bug possibly as I have done all the content and gotten act 2 events for the wenches for except Teniya act 2. she gave birth and I am well past 20 turns but no act event.

Edit: I just reloaded the save all the way back from when Teniya is pregnant then waited 20 turns and the event showed up

This is out there but on my main save I'm probably not gonna unlock the act 2 event...... I assume going forward with teniya the game is gonna be tracking whether I did her act 2 content if/when she gets more content? This is selfish but I'm fearing reloading from that save and doing mostly everything again.

Anyhow really hype for queen of Daouen!
Not sure if I understood you correctly but if you want to reset Teniya's Act 2, try opening the console and typing:
Code:
$ wenchesList[2].act2Ready = True

Reactions: VNwhiteknight

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
This will dump some debug info for the wenches and Teniya. The file goes in the game folder. Load the save with the problem, quit and then upload the resulting log.txt file. You can uninstall it afterwards.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Can I be dominant in seduction route? Or is the dialogue vanilla in the seduction route. Dominant as in maledom - being a loving/caring master. There's a dungeon scene in the preview CGs - is that available in the seduction route too?
1. Most of the time you can choose between a totally heartless sadistic bastard (think the Joker in a sex scene) and more compassionate-yet-strong guy (think that guy from your class everyone admires because he is good). There is no loving/caring master, and probably never be. Not my thing.
2. The dungeon scenes are scenes of sexual cruelty and humiliation (though never with actual gore, mostly psychological mindfucking), not Seduction.

Team Thanos

May 3, 2021
Can I be dominant in seduction route? Or is the dialogue vanilla in the seduction route. Dominant as in maledom - being a loving/caring master. There's a dungeon scene in the preview CGs - is that available in the seduction route too?
Just run two games (one playing a benevolent conquerer and the other a sadistic asshole) so you can see all the options, plus you get to experience the benefits of having them on your council on the good path, instead of being just fuck puppets in your dungeon.

4.20 star(s) 127 Votes