Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game sends MC on quests to earn the trust of the babes right back up before any reconciliation
is to be had, so all that reconsideration is part of what real life aftermath of rape looks like in all modern societies: woman can forgive and accept living together, much like in this game,
if MC goes the distance and proves himself worthy of her forgiveness, which aagin is the whole
concept behind all modern punishments - to ensure the perpetrator repents and proves it to
the victim, at which time any and all victims may or may not forgive and reconcile.

1. I'm not entirely sure what "this" refers to but all Wenches in the game can be Ravished after the 1:1 combat and later sent to the Palace.

2. After conquest, you first meet the Wenches in your Holding Cells. From there you can either send them to the Palace (and later to the Dungeon) or to the Dungeon (which is a one way street).
aaa, after i sent angi to the dungeon and after she was pregnant a few turns later (i pesume after she had the kid?") i got a quest for some sword by eviette at the end of witch i got the option to sent her BACK to the dungeon ooooor to reconsider and sent her to the palace, witch i did and it's where she sits now so it was most defenetly NOT a one way street, was this NOT suppose to happen ? i'm confused now o_O
Oops, you got me. I forgot about this.

Yes, for those Wenches with "Act 2" (Angilia, Teniya, Nahir and Sumia) you do have the option after the Act 2 quest to send them from the Dungeon to the Palace.
oky cool that's all i wanted to know :)
so far rly enjoying the game, the mc is kind of a PoS, buut fits verry well with the theme, judging by the walkthrough the "labirinth" exploration maps were not pressent at the start and it was something added on later, witch i rly appriciate since i don't need paper to write them down, the only thing i would change i would say would be the "ireversable" note when it comes to the option to sent them to the dungeon for (Angilia, Teniya, Nahir and Sumia) to something like "reversable onnly one time" this way you will know that you can reverse it back to the palace, BUT ONLY ONE TIME
other than that i would also say that i don't mind the kingdome management aspect, as i am playing pathfinder at the moment for me this is easy to ace through but i do like that you included an option for thous who did not want to get tangled into it
Remember that MC can very easily click the wrong button, literally all the other buttons, and kill her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xegrid

nununame7

Feb 11, 2022
Stuck at very start. I get to map and am told to parlay, them it tells me to infiltrate but when I click that theres a black screen and some text and then it boots me back to map.

Version 0.7.5

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Stuck at very start. I get to map and am told to parlay, them it tells me to infiltrate but when I click that theres a black screen and some text and then it boots me back to map.

Version 0.7.5
anyone know why the games just a white screen for me when i try to launch it?
Version 0.7.5 is out since November so I assume that if there was a fundamental bug, people would have been complaining by now. If you add some logs I might be able to help.

nununame7

Feb 11, 2022
Version 0.7.5 is out since November so I assume that if there was a fundamental bug, people would have been complaining by now. If you add some logs I might be able to help.
I think I figured it out on my end, it was user error. For some reason it would take my further clicks as a "back" message and cancel out of the quest.

Have since beaten the game.

Reactions: Doorknob22

Arnevenson

Feb 6, 2018
1. The "Act 2"s were introduced to address a certain weakness in the game's mechanism. As it happens, the player experience is very "Genghis Khanesqe" experience in the fact that you are constantly conquering new fiefdoms and their leaders. This dynamic adds a lot of variety but also some shallowness in how the player interacts with what are supposed to be the deepest characters in the game: The Wenches. In these quests I attempted to add more depth to the Wenches so the player will know a bit more about them but this can't really be done if the Wench is treated like a mute fuck puppet throughout the quest. Hence, I took them out of their "natural" environment, allowing Karder some slightly more relaxed atmosphere with them. There are, however, numerous checks in the dialog: if the Wench was in the dungeon before the quest, Karder will behave in one manner and if not, in another.
As I said, I understand the intent/idea of these stories. But I just, well, felt it simply didn't fit with the actual context from the game I was playing.
If there are specific lines in the dialog you feel are off for Dungeon Wench, please me me know, perhaps I missed those.
No specific lines, it's really again the whole context. The cooperativeness (even eagerness for, for example, the priestess) between two dungeon rapes, just feel completely off.
I guess I kind of think like Dr Lewdwig, I don't see powerful and strong-willed women simply going so easily with the flow, regardless of the threats (also one of the reason I didn't like the Dian scene in the dungeon, the hostage to ensure compliance did feel like a cop-out, though that's still believable).

And well, from the protagonist PoV, I don't see how I would be so relaxed and easygoing with people I chained and raped constantly in my dungeon for weeks.
2. I have added a task for myself in 0.8 to "revisit dungeon revisits"... Hopefully in 0.8 I'll sort them all out.
Great news ! :D

Reactions: Ifunrka

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Women in particular and princesses in all of hystory entertained arranged marriages for the sake of the people they ruled/ were set to rule one day. Just look at the clusterfuck Royal English fkking about
turned out.
As I said, I understand the intent/idea of these stories. But I just, well, felt it simply didn't fit with the actual context from the game I was playing.

No specific lines, it's really again the whole context. The cooperativeness (even eagerness for, for example, the priestess) between two dungeon rapes, just feel completely off.
I guess I kind of think like Dr Lewdwig, I don't see powerful and strong-willed women simply going so easily with the flow, regardless of the threats (also one of the reason I didn't like the Dian scene in the dungeon, the hostage to ensure compliance did feel like a cop-out, though that's still believable).

And well, from the protagonist PoV, I don't see how I would be so relaxed and easygoing with people I chained and raped constantly in my dungeon for weeks.

Great news ! :D

Arnevenson

Feb 6, 2018
Women in particular and princesses in all of hystory entertained arranged marriages for the sake of the people they ruled/ were set to rule one day. Just look at the clusterfuck Royal English fkking about
turned out.
You compare arranged marriage with being a fucktoy bound in a dungeon ?
Wow.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Wow.
No... but you can compare arranged marriage to nonconsentual unions which is one of the points where this conversation started. I can't speak for Canto Forte but this was a key point to my argument for getting rid of the dungeons for the Dom route.
A conquered rulers offering up it's daughters to guarantee it's survival, while the conqueror gains legitimacy... Love & consent has nothing to do with it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We are talking abuout absolute no nonsense rulers of their fiefs - they have life and death veto.
You take something so ruthless like any of these conquered wenches, pit them against one
unstoppable force which is MC - they would a killed him instantly, but MC does spare and keep them safe.

MC can keep them in as ruthlessly terrible conditions as they would keep their own war prisoners,
in constant hell. You cannot compare rulers who kill their opposition to princesses,
I agree, but these wenches are full on barbarian killers.

All these queens have had to kill male former rulers to get atop their fiefs, do remember that.
Wow.
No... but you can compare arranged marriage to nonconsentual unions which is one of the points where this conversation started. I can't speak for Canto Forte but this was a key point to my argument for getting rid of the dungeons for the Dom route.
A conquered rulers offering up it's daughters to guarantee it's survival, while the conqueror gains legitimacy... Love & consent has nothing to do with it.
Now that he has utterly destroyed their rule, MC can listen to these queens,
who are totally defeated and in his debt for keeping them alive,
by doing deeds or ruling their fiefs by listening to them and according to their direction.
In this way, these totally defeated and shamed wenches are able to redeem their absolute defeat,
which in their own culture is a death penalty total loss for them.
According to their own rules, as ruthless absolute barbarians atop their kingdoms, death and terrible torture
is their way to treat war prisoners or anyone who ever stood in their way.

MC is not a snowflake, MC is a ruthless conquering ruler, just as the wenches he conquers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spectre001

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Now that he has utterly destroyed their rule, MC can listen to these queens,
who are totally defeated and in his debt for keeping them alive,
by doing deeds or ruling their fiefs by listening to them and according to their direction.
In this way, these totally defeated and shamed wenches are able to redeem their absolute defeat,
which in their own culture is a death penalty total loss for them.
According to their own rules, as ruthless absolute barbarians atop their kingdoms, death and terrible torture
is their way to treat war prisoners or anyone who ever stood in their way.

MC is not a snowflake, MC is a ruthless conquering ruler, just as the wenches he conquers.
Hell no!
I've already made my argument and it has nothing to do with taking direction from those he has defeated. #2,794

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This exact condition is where MC is coming from, dungeon cells and executions:
remember, right at the start of this game, the killer queen came down to his prison cell
to get daggers into MC before his execution, while wanting to bang him but refusing him one last fuck.

The whole Dungeon scene annoys me, Dungeons are where you throw your trash while you wait for the right moment to execute/ransom them.
Hell no!
I've already made my argument and it has nothing to do with taking direction from those he has defeated. #2,794
MC is better than the queen who killed his king and wanted to execute him for it,
MC would have welcomed one last fuck but was denied,
so MC finds katarsis in offering his dungeon held wenches all the fucks
so he can alleviate their terrible standing, being better than his own queen in that.
Granting one last wish is a matter of pride for the executioner to afford the prisoner.
MC also does not want to kill his war prisoners, prooving again to be better than his own queen.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
This exact condition is where MC is coming from, dungeon cells and executions:
remember, right at the start of this game, the killer queen came down to his prison cell
to get daggers into MC before his execution, while wanting to bang him but refusing him one last fuck.

MC is better than the queen who killed his king and wanted to execute him for it,
MC would have welcomed one last fuck but was denied,
so MC finds katarsis in offering his dungeon held wenches all the fucks
so he can alleviate their terrible standing, being better than his own queen in that.
Granting one last wish is a matter of pride for the executioner to afford the prisoner.
MC also does not want to kill his war prisoners, prooving again to be better than his own queen.
Imprisonment is the way of the coward too scared to commit to a decision, trying to hedge their bets with something that can be "reversed". Except it can't be reversed, not really, anyone kept in a dungeon for any significant length of time will hate you for it, you'll never be able to release them without risking Rebellion/Sedition.

If they are a threat, kill them, if they are useful, use them.

A Dungeon's only value is as a temporary place hold people until the time is right to execute them or ransom them. If that takes 4 years then you have fucked up.

The "killer" Queen was pathetic for putting the MC in a Dungeon... That will be her downfall.
She should have killed him or turned him to her service.

Reactions: Ifunrka

Hypermode

Feb 21, 2019
I know this will never happen but it would be really funny if one of the rulers actually listened to reason and just swore fealty to you during the initial parley session.

Just a tip to doorknob if he would ever want to speed up game development!

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I know this will never happen but it would be really funny if one of the rulers actually listened to reason and just swore fealty to you during the initial parley session.

Just a tip to doorknob if he would ever want to speed up game development!
You're not that far off the mark. I am toying with an idea of a Terror statistic that once it is high enough (Higher than the Wench's Courage) and assuming Karder has a big enough army to back up his threat, might cause Wenches to surrender without an actual war.

This even might tie nicely with the Fame mechanism discussed here which is coming in 0.8 (March 23).

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
You're not that far off the mark. I am toying with an idea of a Terror statistic that once it is high enough (Higher than the Wench's Courage) and assuming Karder has a big enough army to back up his threat, might cause Wenches to surrender without an actual war.

This even might tie nicely with the Fame mechanism discussed here which is coming in 0.8 (March 23).
Basically, when Parley actually works. :)

That seems to work against your already established major mechanic being a choice between: out right attacking a fiefdom for quick story progress and little content; or going through the entire fiefdom's infiltration scenario before attacking, to get more scenes/benefits/rewards/people/lovers/connections/money/weaken fiefdom before attacking/etc.

I would just HATE to lose out on any meaningful content if the terror/fame mechanic was forced or overrides potential infiltration scenario/gameplay/content, specially if the terror/fame mechanic had NO equal scenario in place.

In my opinion it would work for the best if the NON-attacking option in itself was the story/scenario for 'said' fiefdom to begin with, NO attack option and NO infiltration option, but a NON-combat scenario were a fiefdom is friendly or rolls over or etc. You know, map of town, a few tasks to do on said map, interactions with people and/or fiefdom's rulers, something similar to the infiltration scenarios, just not 'combat'y.

As long as you are not creating more work for yourself trying to make multiple or complex branching scenarios for a single fiefdom, the updates are already slow enough. ;)

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Buttons are unclickable on Main Menu. Clicking anywhere brings me to the Patreon page. Is the game paywalled now?

4.20 star(s) 127 Votes