randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
I dont think lolis will fit the game but has any really tall woman been added to the game? or is in the game already? either orc, demon or amazon like

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Shamelessly promoting the game's : click and watch some exclusive 0.10 previews. And follow, of course :)

Dev is there a bug for Zhilli dominance scene? It doesn't seem to unlock for me
There should be menu after this text:

Code:
zhil "Oh, I still can't pay you... Unless you {b}really{/b} love pastries... And most people here... well, the taste is different here."

zhil "They prefer... {size=-8}Oh, who cares what they prefer.{/size}"

menu :
            "How will you treat [zhil]?"
            "Train her and see how things roll (Seduction/Gentleman)":
                $ kiwanwaiZhiliSeductionFlag = True
                jump kiwanwaiZhiliSeduction
            "Use the training to nail her little cunt (Dominance)":
                $ kiwanwaiZhiliDominanceFlag = True
                jump kiwanwaiZhiliDominance

Even I can't botch this simple code.

Bobbylee69

Nov 19, 2020
Shamelessly promoting the game's : click and watch some exclusive 0.10 previews. And follow, of course :)

There should be menu after this text:

Code:
zhil "Oh, I still can't pay you... Unless you {b}really{/b} love pastries... And most people here... well, the taste is different here."

zhil "They prefer... {size=-8}Oh, who cares what they prefer.{/size}"

menu :
            "How will you treat [zhil]?"
            "Train her and see how things roll (Seduction/Gentleman)":
                $ kiwanwaiZhiliSeductionFlag = True
                jump kiwanwaiZhiliSeduction
            "Use the training to nail her little cunt (Dominance)":
                $ kiwanwaiZhiliDominanceFlag = True
                jump kiwanwaiZhiliDominance

Even I can't botch this simple code.
Apologies, was a user issue. I didn't realise there was a second training session that unlocks it

Reactions: Doorknob22

Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
"No loli but [t]here is a D-Cup halfling."

Who is not involved in the story enough for me! Lol.

Ogviously, I'd like to be able to bring her back to the castle to add to the "collection" but I'd like to see her character involved in more adventures much like how the Priestess and Girl-Queen were used to seek out artifacts. I'd find it both interesting and humorous to have a follow-up adventure that takes us to meet/meat her sister in Weirdwood. I'd even write that story outline for you, if you were interested in doing something like that. Don't know if the other developer would be amenable to a 'cross-over' though.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Loxxxthenasty

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
Eager for the new update...Hee hee hee!!....
However I personally would like to see Khan bring all his baby mommas back to the castle!!
ALL OF THEM.... They were all instrumental in his success so far
End game vibe though
Can't muck up the current story progress which is FUCKIN EXCELLENT!!!
Looking forward to more content with the sister that appeared and her friend...
Can't wait for him to break the other sister and his mommy dearest

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hi. So, I've been investigating the mystery of the missing Alam after mc has sex with her while she's pregnant. It seems like after Alam gets pregnant, she never gives birth.

What I got from reading the code is this:
  1. alamPregoSexCondition is set to True when the game evaluates act2/revisits
  2. alamPregoSexCondition being set to true tells the game to give us the option to do "Alam - growing up"
  3. playing through "Alam - growing up" will set alamPreggoSexPlayed = True
  4. The check for whether or not Alam is in the palace is checked by
    if alamInPalace == True and alamPreggoSexPlayed == False:
Since Alam's file has no more content past the act2/revisits, I'm guessing this is on purpose for future content. Is that correct? If not, I'd like to recommend the condition for Alam showing up in the palace as
./game/wenches/wenches.rpy, line 224
Code:
if alamInPalace == True and (alamPreggoSexPlayed == False or alamPregoSexCondition == True):
With that said, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's also MUCH better programmed than most ren'py games I've played. Files are pretty clean and pretty well maintained. I can see some refactoring that's currently in progress due to the old separation of wenches vs harlots among other things. But it is rather impressive.

I should also say:
Code:
./map.rpy:752:    call evaluateAngiliaAct2 from _call_evaluateAngiliaAct2 #todo: put these in Wench class and call them as experssions, dumbass
No, you're not a dumbass. It's a pretty simple mistake which, if you're not a seasoned programmer that actually took data structures and OOP, it wouldn't come to you naturally/at the beginning of game development. Especially if it started off as a hobby/side project. You're doing well

And if I can suggest:

For this bit of code
Code:
label evaluateAlamRevisit:

if alamInPalace == True and alamImpregnationTurn and alamImpregnationTurn + 20 <= turnCount and alamPreggoSexPlayed == False:
        $ alamPregoSexCondition = True

return
Unless there's Alam being pregnant management that will happen later on, you can remove the check for alamPreggoSexPlayed == False since the only thing afterwards is setting alamPregoSexCondition to True. This is because alamPreggoSexPlayed can only be set to true if and only if alamPregoSexCondition is True.

In other words, regardless of the state of alamPreggoSexPlayed, you should always have access to the scene to set alamPreggoSexPlayed to be true or not if all the rest of the if condition is true. And the access to said scene is determined by alamPregoSexCondition.

Please note, this is only true if all evaluateAlamRevisit does, and will ever do, is set alamPregoSexCondition to True. If evaluateAlamRevisit is to be expanded later on or if you want the potential for evaluateAlamRevisit to be expanded later on, all this is null and void.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
"No loli but [t]here is a D-Cup halfling."

Who is not involved in the story enough for me! Lol.

Ogviously, I'd like to be able to bring her back to the castle to add to the "collection" but I'd like to see her character involved in more adventures much like how the Priestess and Girl-Queen were used to seek out artifacts. I'd find it both interesting and humorous to have a follow-up adventure that takes us to meet/meat her sister in Weirdwood. I'd even write that story outline for you, if you were interested in doing something like that. Don't know if the other developer would be amenable to a 'cross-over' though.
I love Peasant's Quest and Zhilli is obviously there as an homage/unofficial crossover to Rosy's story. I supported the project for a long time (till I lost my job LOL). As for an official crossover, I'm game if Tinkerer is.

Eager for the new update...Hee hee hee!!....
However I personally would like to see Khan bring all his baby mommas back to the castle!!
ALL OF THEM.... They were all instrumental in his success so far
End game vibe though
Can't muck up the current story progress which is FUCKIN EXCELLENT!!!
Looking forward to more content with the sister that appeared and her friend...
Can't wait for him to break the other sister and his mommy dearest
I love all my characters and since I try to give them personality and backstory (as well as a nice set of big juicy boobs), I'd sure want to see more of them and I'm happy for every opportunity that I have to do so. However (there's always a however, isn't there?), every hour working on adding content to existing characters is less hour adding new good stuff and this Ghengis-Khan-meets-Dan-Bilzerian experience is something I love about the game.

Hi. So, I've been investigating the mystery of the missing Alam after mc has sex with her while she's pregnant. It seems like after Alam gets pregnant, she never gives birth.

What I got from reading the code is this:
  1. alamPregoSexCondition is set to True when the game evaluates act2/revisits
  2. alamPregoSexCondition being set to true tells the game to give us the option to do "Alam - growing up"
  3. playing through "Alam - growing up" will set alamPreggoSexPlayed = True
  4. The check for whether or not Alam is in the palace is checked by
    if alamInPalace == True and alamPreggoSexPlayed == False:
Since Alam's file has no more content past the act2/revisits, I'm guessing this is on purpose for future content. Is that correct? If not, I'd like to recommend the condition for Alam showing up in the palace as
./game/wenches/wenches.rpy, line 224
Code:
if alamInPalace == True and (alamPreggoSexPlayed == False or alamPregoSexCondition == True):
With that said, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's also MUCH better programmed than most ren'py games I've played. Files are pretty clean and pretty well maintained. I can see some refactoring that's currently in progress due to the old separation of wenches vs harlots among other things. But it is rather impressive.

I should also say:
Code:
./map.rpy:752:    call evaluateAngiliaAct2 from _call_evaluateAngiliaAct2 #todo: put these in Wench class and call them as experssions, dumbass
No, you're not a dumbass. It's a pretty simple mistake which, if you're not a seasoned programmer that actually took data structures and OOP, it wouldn't come to you naturally/at the beginning of game development. Especially if it started off as a hobby/side project. You're doing well

And if I can suggest:

For this bit of code
Code:
label evaluateAlamRevisit:

if alamInPalace == True and alamImpregnationTurn and alamImpregnationTurn + 20 <= turnCount and alamPreggoSexPlayed == False:
        $ alamPregoSexCondition = True

return
Unless there's Alam being pregnant management that will happen later on, you can remove the check for alamPreggoSexPlayed == False since the only thing afterwards is setting alamPregoSexCondition to True. This is because alamPreggoSexPlayed can only be set to true if and only if alamPregoSexCondition is True.

In other words, regardless of the state of alamPreggoSexPlayed, you should always have access to the scene to set alamPreggoSexPlayed to be true or not if all the rest of the if condition is true. And the access to said scene is determined by alamPregoSexCondition.

Please note, this is only true if all evaluateAlamRevisit does, and will ever do, is set alamPregoSexCondition to True. If evaluateAlamRevisit is to be expanded later on or if you want the potential for evaluateAlamRevisit to be expanded later on, all this is null and void.
In 0.10 all females will have the option to be represented as a new class, class Female, which allows me to easily track pregnancies. Courtesy of gojira667, like all the actually good code in the game.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
In 0.10 all females will have the option to be represented as a new class, class Female, which allows me to easily track pregnancies. Courtesy of gojira667, like all the actually good code in the game.
Thank you for the answer. I don't know why I keep reading 0.10 as 0.1.0.

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I think there's a spelling error here.

Code:
./04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5420:        agmo "You don't look like much of a fighter with that Sabaka. You're under the auspices of house Baku?"
./04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5424:        agmo "I'd ask if there's a connection between house Baku and your desire to get yourself killed in the arena, but that's none of my business."
Unless there's some lore I'm missing, I think it's meant to be "house Buka"

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I think there's a spelling error here.

Code:
./04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5420:        agmo "You don't look like much of a fighter with that Sabaka. You're under the auspices of house Baku?"
./04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5424:        agmo "I'd ask if there's a connection between house Baku and your desire to get yourself killed in the arena, but that's none of my business."
Unless there's some lore I'm missing, I think it's meant to be "house Buka"
Of course it is a spelling mistake. Probably using the word auspices took too much of my brain resources... Anyway, fixed for 0.10. Thanks!

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Found more instances of "Baku" instead of "Buka". Did a game wide search for it this time. Included the bash command I used to find all the time instances.

Code:
$ find . -iname "*.rpy" -exec grep -Hiwn "baku" {} \;
./gallery/hawatia_gallery.rpy:1990:    "You continue to fuck both of them till the early light, waking up at Lord Baku's persistent knocking on your door."
./tl/fr/gallery/hawatia_gallery.rpy:7908:    # "You continue to fuck both of them till the early light, waking up at Lord Baku's persistent knocking on your door."
./tl/fr/wenches/sumia.rpy:3804:    # "The Blue Apes will seize the Red Arena as a reminder for the people of the Khaganate's might while you and [sumi] will ride to Lord Baku's mansion."
./tl/fr/wenches/sumia.rpy:5160:    # "You continue to fuck both of them till the early light, waking up at Lord Baku's persistent knocking on your door."
./tl/fr/quests/04 naniri hawatia.rpy:10368:    # agmo "You don't look like much of a fighter with that Sabaka. You're under the auspices of house Baku?"
./tl/fr/quests/04 naniri hawatia.rpy:10380:    # agmo "I'd ask if there's a connection between house Baku and your desire to get yourself killed in the arena, but that's none of my business."
./wenches/sumia.rpy:2003:    "The Blue Apes will seize the Red Arena as a reminder for the people of the Khaganate's might while you and [sumi] will ride to Lord Baku's mansion."
./wenches/sumia.rpy:2633:    "You continue to fuck both of them till the early light, waking up at Lord Baku's persistent knocking on your door."
./quests/04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5420:        agmo "You don't look like much of a fighter with that Sabaka. You're under the auspices of house Baku?"
./quests/04 naniri hawatia.rpy:5424:        agmo "I'd ask if there's a connection between house Baku and your desire to get yourself killed in the arena, but that's none of my business."
If you want to fix it in all files in one shot, you can do this in a linux-like command line:
Code:
find . -iname "*.rpy" -exec sed -i 's/Baku/Buka/g' {} \;
This says "Find all files [recursively] with the capitalization insensitive name of '<whatever>.rpy'. On found, execute the sed command of replacing any(/g tells the substitute to do it globally within the file instead of first found instance in that file.) mention of the word 'Baku' with 'Buka' in the file({} is a place holder for the filename supplied by the 'find' command.) found"

If you're on a mac, it's a little different:
Code:
find . -iname "*.rpy" -exec sed -i '' 's/Baku/Buka/g' {} \;
Because openBSD.

Reactions: Doorknob22

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Haven’t played this game in a while, and I wanted to ask if at some point the “rock, paper and scissors“ combat is going to be replaced with a more typical RPG turn based combat with abilities and such.
(Or maybe it is already replace)

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Haven’t played this game in a while, and I wanted to ask if at some point the “rock, paper and scissors“ combat is going to be replaced with a more typical RPG turn based combat with abilities and such.
(Or maybe it is already replace)
1. No plans for ditching the R/P/S. System. In a recent *poll I held, my patrons (surprisingly, I'll admit) said they liked it.

1694420249881.png

2. You can skip the R/P/S combat and instantly win it by clicking the chicken button.

3. If you didn't play for a long time I made two significant changes in the system: the opponents are now animated and their animation will hint at the upcoming attack, but you'll have to learn (preferably while in Defense mode) what each "hint" means. The second change was the removal of Subdue option: all subduable opponents are now not-killed automatically.

4. To be honest, I do think the R/P/S combat can be improved, but the "typical" RPG turn based combat is not only boring (IMHO) but takes much longer time (I think an R/P/S combat takes about 20 seconds). I'm open to ideas how to improve the R/P/S system without making it too complex. The nerd in me whines that the R/P/S is more realistic as well: in melee you attempt to guesstimate what your opponent will do and counter it.

*The numbers don't seem to add to 100% because it's part of a bigger poll with more options regarding Fiefdom management.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
1. No plans for ditching the R/P/S. System. In a recent *poll I held, my patrons (surprisingly, I'll admit) said they liked it.

View attachment 2921168

2. You can skip the R/P/S combat and instantly win it by clicking the chicken button.

3. If you didn't play for a long time I made two significant changes in the system: the opponents are now animated and their animation will hint at the upcoming attack, but you'll have to learn (preferably while in Defense mode) what each "hint" means. The second change was the removal of Subdue option: all subduable opponents are now not-killed automatically.

4. To be honest, I do think the R/P/S combat can be improved, but the "typical" RPG turn based combat is not only boring (IMHO) but takes much longer time (I think an R/P/S combat takes about 20 seconds). I'm open to ideas how to improve the R/P/S system without making it too complex. The nerd in me whines that the R/P/S is more realistic as well: in melee you attempt to guesstimate what your opponent will do and counter it.

*The numbers don't seem to add to 100% because it's part of a bigger poll with more options regarding Fiefdom management.
1) Ah that is indeed surprising

2) A real warrior never chickens out the experience

3) Well then this addition fixes most of the problems I had with RNG messing up my duels.
I like this choice, if it is done well it makes the player study the opponent’s move set to strike right and defeat with understanding the enemy.
Also great for the removal of the subdue options, I remind it took too much time subduing characters, it was irritating at some point and save scumming was needed.

4) You can make a fast and engaging turn based combat, but if it’s not your thing I understand.
I should replay it before giving suggestions, although ideas that pop up in my mind are abilities or one time special moves that change direction of the combat.

Anyways thank you very much for the detailed explanation, reliable as always

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes