Level 6 has a new female enemy. What new enemy would you like to see in level 7? Pick your top 2..

• Male (human)

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Female

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Futa

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Monster (similar to zombie or goblin)

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Dog

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
I think you just need to shorten your hitstun or introduce i-frames. I agree that it was annoyingly hard at some stages, this version might also be, haven't tried it yet.

Any design where you can be chain hit because you got hit *once* is bad design. Don't expect flawless play from your players when designing anything. You always have to double back and play test yourself and feel out how your design logic actually *feels*.

Like it's kinda hot she can get overwhelmed, but we're trying to play a game here. The ability to progress and enjoy the game without wanting to alt+f4 takes extreme priority imo.

EDIT: I realize that some people were complaining about the 50 enemies part. This is *less* understandable. Merely use the many grenades on the floor. Also I didn't realize i-frames were already in the game somehow, so shortening the hitstun so i-frames matter more sounds like a great solution.

Last edited:

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
Now that I've played through the new level, you need to add healing to the checkpoint before the boss. I'm currently softlocked because I have one hit of health left because of the damage you take from Ashley. The single zombie that's invulnerable doesn't do an animation (which is what I'm assuming is supposed to happen based on the dialogue just before)...she just dies instead.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. That's neat, but a little unintuitive. I fully expected something that looks like a boss and not just another zombie, so I thought he was supposed to do a scene where he throats her or whatever and now she can just move forward.

Reactions: valkaree99

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
Oh there's ANOTHER set of 50. Yeah no this sucks. They're too fast. Them dying in one shot is meaningless.

EDIT: Alright I did it, that's still a bit tight though. Shorter reload animation maybe?

EDIT2: Bro, 150? This would be fine if they didn't spawn so quick.

Last edited:

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Oh there's ANOTHER set of 50. Yeah no this sucks. They're too fast. Them dying in one shot is meaningless.
Yeah that's the one folks are talking about. And there are at least 3 more tough rooms after that one. It will get addressed but I definitely want more folks beta testing the patch so we can get the difficulty dialed.

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
Yeah that's the one folks are talking about. And there are at least 3 more tough rooms after that one. It will get addressed but I definitely want more folks beta testing the patch so we can get the difficulty dialed.
It's definitely doable. I got the 150 easily enough, and then the next spike room with the big swarms. It don't think it's hard? But it's not easy either. Shouldn't have to use fighting game reflexes to play a game of this particular format. I'm kinda torn. I like it, but I can easily see how it would be a problem for other players.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
But fuck the new level is so dam hard. Why don't you just add a difficulty setting? Someone in the poll said it was too easy. That was you wasnt it
Haha, wasn't me, but full transparency I did vote (had to in order to see the results) and selected 'keep as is'.

It's too late to add a difficulty setting, would be too much rework and would probably break a lot of stuff. Will save that for the next game. For this one I just want to dial in the difficulty and focus on H content going forward.

Howarde

Sep 23, 2017
Hi guys !
Thank you dev for the update, I am trying it right now.
I want to ask you something : are the new animations available on level 3 or do I have to do the whole game again to see them ?
Thanks !

Edit : I used the cheat to get access to level 3 directly

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
It's definitely doable. I got the 150 easily enough, and then the next spike room with the big swarms. It don't think it's hard? But it's not easy either. Shouldn't have to use fighting game reflexes to play a game of this particular format. I'm kinda torn. I like it, but I can easily see how it would be a problem for other players.
I guess that's been my thought, the challenge is kinda fun especially when you're mowing down tons of enemies. But I know people play it for the H content so I'd rather lean towards easy given the feedback on this release.

The 'fast 50' room is the toughest because you don't have the machine pistol yet and if they stop on you they stop 'on top' of you and you can't hit them. I'll tweak some settings, maybe their deceleration and attack delay so they a) stop further away, and b) wait longer before they attack again. I can also adjust # of enemies and average spawn frequency. And I can have the dead soldier provide more tips like 'keep moving' and 'kick them if you need to'.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Hi guys !
Thank you dev for the update, I am trying it right now.
I want to ask you something : are the new animations available on level 3 or do I have to do the whole game again to see them ?
Thanks !
Most of the new ones are on level 3. If you don't want to play the first 2 you can type 'escape' in the title menu to unlock level 3 and all CGIs for levels 1 and 2.

Feb 11, 2023
Haha, wasn't me, but full transparency I did vote (had to in order to see the results) and selected 'keep as is'.

It's too late to add a difficulty setting, would be too much rework and would probably break a lot of stuff. Will save that for the next game. For this one I just want to dial in the difficulty and focus on H content going forward.
just make the fucking game playable, what the hell were you thinking in making it so damn hard for???

Reactions: kunkunman3000

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I was leaning toward it being too hard, but now I want you to make it even harder just because it'll piss this guy off :ROFLMAO:

Gumbaumba

Mar 29, 2019
Its ok, but need do something with fckn zombies in ur texture... U cant hit him, cant shoot him, u must run away then do something... Thats really fucked up ... Idk maybe bullets must be fly out from u not from gun... or make the zombies not enter you but stand in front of you.

KTau

Oct 1, 2021
I guess that's been my thought, the challenge is kinda fun especially when you're mowing down tons of enemies. But I know people play it for the H content so I'd rather lean towards easy given the feedback on this release.

The 'fast 50' room is the toughest because you don't have the machine pistol yet and if they stop on you they stop 'on top' of you and you can't hit them. I'll tweak some settings, maybe their deceleration and attack delay so they a) stop further away, and b) wait longer before they attack again. I can also adjust # of enemies and average spawn frequency. And I can have the dead soldier provide more tips like 'keep moving' and 'kick them if you need to'.
I was gonna mention this actually. This and there's sometimes where a bullet will go PAST the zombie right in front of you, which is a free hit. You only get so many hits before you're a cutscene in this level. If at any point too many get on top of you there's no way out. Which again, thematic, but...

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I just got a very odd, but minor bug: I played through the first level and part of the second, saved, quit to menu, then the "exit" button wouldn't work. Every other menu item did, but for some reason the game just would not exit. It was registering the key press, it just wasn't quitting. I alt-tabbed, manually closed it, but now I can't reproduce the bug. Still, wanted to report it anyway.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I just got a very odd, but minor bug: I played through the first level and part of the second, saved, quit to menu, then the "exit" button wouldn't work. Every other menu item did, but for some reason the game just would not exit. It was registering the key press, it just wasn't quitting. I alt-tabbed, manually closed it, but now I can't reproduce the bug. Still, wanted to report it anyway.
Weird, haven't seen it but noted. Thanks for reporting!

SinfulFantasy

Jul 31, 2021
Dude we gotta get you to be a beta tester so we can address these issues before the release. Your posts crack me up but I hate knowing you're so frustrated.

We'll talk difficulty but first, what do you mean by "the game just eats your input"? You mentioned that before but I may not have understood it, and I want to make sure there's not a bug with the controls.
When you press a few buttons in quick succession and one of them just doesn't do anything. For example, when holding right then quickly slamming slide, aim, left, and shoot in quick succession, the game sometimes totally misses the 'left' input. So, instead of turning around and shooting what's behind you, you instead just shoot to the right. The game 'eats' your input to turn back to the left, meaning it doesn't read the input and acts as if you never pressed that key. Imagine if you're typing something really fast and you try to type the word "val" really quickly, but your computer writes out "vl" even though you know you pressed the A key. That's what an 'eaten input' is. I'm not sure if it's an engine issue or what.

As for being a beta tester, it would depend on what the scheduling on that would be and how often I would need to test new builds. I don't want to cause the update schedule to be pushed back because I haven't had time to play a build.

If my input is wanted though, I think the latest level would greatly benefit from increasing the intervals between fast zombie spawns as well as decreasing the overall enemy count in those rooms. If what I read before was true about them being 50 enemies, 100 enemies, then 150 enemies, I'd suggest dropping them down to 25, 35, and 50 with a bigger break between them spawning. Give the player some time to breathe and reload and whatnot. Also, the zombies should have some system in place so that they don't ever stand right on top of you so you can't hit them with a kick. They should always be in range of your weakest attack no matter how many are on you. Maybe give the kick a knock back effect too. That way, if you're in a situation where you have a stack of regular zombies on you, you can kick them and scoot them back a bit so you have time to reload or do whatever you gotta do so that stacking isn't ultra lethal.

Also, purely from a player's perspective, it's never a bad thing to include cheats to make the game super easy. Some of the best memories I've ever had gaming were from using cheat codes on GTA or Saints Row growing up, so they certainly don't 'ruin the experience' or 'cheapen' the game. As a player, having them there and having the personal choice to enable them if I want to can only ever benefit my experience with any given game. That way players who ARE skilled enough to play the game as is, and enjoy doing so, can do that. However, it also allows the players who aren't as good at the game, who maybe can't quite get a grasp on how to most optimally use the tools they're given in game, the opportunity to activate God Mode or Infinite Ammo to get past the sections that are really giving them a headache and enjoy the rest of the content your game has to offer. God knows I most certainly would have benefitted from the ability to punch in a button combination to activate God Mode just for those fast zombie sections so that I could actually progress past them and get to the rest of the game.

In games like this, yes it's fun to see the game over animations. But only when you actively WANT to see them. No one wants to be in a situation where they're stuck with the same animation, the same CG pic, and the same section of gameplay over and over.

4.60 star(s) 23 Votes