Level 6 has a new female enemy. What new enemy would you like to see in level 7? Pick your top 2..

• Male (human)

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Female

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Futa

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Monster (similar to zombie or goblin)

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Dog

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters

SinfulFantasy

Jul 31, 2021

So far, my very best attempt was I got down to 4 enemies remaining. The problem? Those 4 enemies were inside of me (because of ONE mistake, yet fucking again) and I COULD NOT HIT THEM. I tried the strategy of stand still and look the zombies in the eye while I reload as they kick the living dogshit out of me and it simply allowed me to die with a full magazine when I got swarm cucked for the 25th time.

My official, and final, review of this beta as I really do not want to give it yet another try because I fear when I inevitably die yet again from one mistake, I will put my fist through my computer screen is as follows.

The zombies are too fast. I will die on this hill.
"But I got through the whole level and only got hit once"
Congratulations, have a fucking cookie. The level is still broken for us normal people.

The zombies have a RIDICULOUS attack range. I've had zombies hit me long before they actually reach me.

The player's kick range is too small. I've had zombies touch my foot while it's out and kicking, but not take the hit. So, either the range doesn't actually extend to the end of the foot, or the kick stops taking effect before the foot is actually lowered.

The zombies should not be able to stand inside the player. When they do, they cannot be hit by anything. Not the gun or the kick. Once more than one get on top of you, there's nothing you can do to kill them before more show up and it's already too late.

The kick should knock back and stun zombies. When I have a whole fuckload of zombies on top of me, I should be able to kick them away and stun them for long enough to reload. If being able to kick many zombies a once means the kick no longer one-shots fast zombies, I'm 1,000% fine with this.

Zombies shouldn't stack. Multiple times I've died because 4-5 fast zombies were stacked on top of each other, and when I shoot at them, only one gets hit and the rest keep running and hit me. There's nothing you can do to stop it because even if you slide past them, that just puts them right on top of you and then you're fucked (see previous paragraphs).

I'll say it again, 50 fast zombies should NOT be the starting point. Fighting 50 of them is stressful and hard as fuck. If we're insisting on fighting 50 of them, then that should be the 'boss' fight of the level. If 50 is hard, 100 is excessive, and 150 is fucking ridiculous.

Fast zombies should not attack faster than normal zombies. Their gimmick is that they can run. That's enough to make them unique and far more dangerous than normal zombies. Making them swing like a buzz saw is excessive and leads to stunlocking.

There is currently no 'reward' for sliding a zombie's attack. I personally believe that if zombies swing and miss, there should be a consequence for the zombies. As the player, when I swing with my kick, I'm locked in place for long enough for the zombies to take advantage of that. I should get that same opportunity when they miss. Yes, I know they stand still when they swing already. It's not long enough of a pause. Even if you only give fast zombies a longer hit pause, that's fine. It can be a drawback to their increased running speed. You can't shoot an enemy's stat through the roof without giving a debuff to a different stat. That's not how balancing works. Fast zombies currently have no achilleas heel and it's painfully obvious that they need one.

As for not wanting to break the game with cheats, that's kind of the point. The cheats are supposed to be for the people who just can not beat whatever part they're stuck on. I'll try to assign numbers to it to make my point. Let's say I get stuck on a level that's 10 hard. If the cheats are only strong enough to make that 10 hard level an 8 hard level, imagine how fucked the guy is that gets stuck on a 4 hard level and had to use the cheats to get over that hump. If 4 hard is hard enough for that guy to need cheats, He's FUCKED when he gets to the 10 hard level cheats or no cheats because even with cheats, that level is an 8 hard level when he couldn't even beat a 4 hard level. You get what I mean? If someone downloads this game and doesn't like it because the cheats broke the game and made it too easy, then he doesn't need the cheats in the first place and he ruined the fun for himself. If you don't need the cheats and want the challenge, then don't use the cheats. Simple.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
valkaree99 I haven't tried the new .1 update, but I certainly agree with some of the recommendations I've read about the game beforehand. What you did with .1 most certainly helps, but I wonder if it's not the right course of action.

Slow down the fast ones a little bit, or at least make it so they don't stop INSIDE the character after they hit her. Increase rate of fire on the gun a LITTLE bit, and reduce reload time a bit and/or make her be able to reload while moving. And recast on evade would do well to be reduced. Obviously you don't want people sliding non-stop to avoid damage perpetually, that's cheap as fuck. But the cooldown is a wee bit too long (or maybe a "double slide". Can use it twice in a row, but it's a stacking cooldown. If the CD is say, 2s, you can double slide, but you can't slide again until the fourth second). The chief issues I've noticed with a great deal of these side-scroller adult games are clunky mobility and enemies stacking inside the character.

Some other obvious suggestions would be sprint, jump, and controller compatibility.

All in all, though. Fun game, mate. Great art and animations, entertaining plot. Love the lustrous decline into depravity with the corpses. I suspect that's likely going to develop into two different story outcomes. Whether or not you caved to the carnal desires with the dead bodies. I look forward to how this turns out. Kudos!

Reactions: valkaree99

NeuroCrush

Jul 6, 2021
Hi! I tried v3 few days back. Made it to the 100-zombie level. Gave it a few tries, but got crushed quickly all the times. So that was my max then.

Today, I tried the Beta update and managed to finish all levels. The 100-zombie level definitely got better. You now still have a chance, even if you get knocked down one or two times. That was quite impossible before. Once you got knocked down once, you were done. It's still tough, but doable now. The levels after that seemed similarly difficult.

Interestingly, what actually felt more difficult in the Beta, is the 48-zombie level. You don't have a machine pistol yet, and once the zombies start to spawn faster, you'll get overwhelmed quickly, and one bad move is usually game over. I think the previous spawn rate was fine there. Switching the rate back but otherwise keeping the other Beta tweaks could probably make this level ok.

Keep up the good work, dev! It's a nice little game!

El Perverso

Nov 2, 2017
Man you should concentrate on doing the clean code. As for now, your code is a piece of shit. And I don't like shit as well as those who do it :)

Reactions: MoreNow

El Perverso

Nov 2, 2017
So what am I supposed to do, get hit then stand perfectly still right in front of the swarm of zombies standing inside my asshole while I reload, then take another hit right after my reload finishes because I now don't have enough time to run away? I make 1 single mistake and I now have 3 zombies right on top of me and they're so fast I literally cannot get away from them for long enough to kill them all before I get hit again. It's broken as all fuck.
That's because of not so good control. If you make an arcade game, a sidescroller as it is, you MUST do fine controls. And as I see it, it is not by now. In fact, controls are way fucked up now.

Reactions: Kokabeto

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
honest question... why would you ruin this game w/ what comes across as super weird guro content? can you add a guro-free setting?

foible

Aug 29, 2017
valkaree99 Just played the last level in the new beta. My vote was torn between too hard/can complete, and challenging. I went ahead and voted too hard on account of the suggestions I made in my first post. I would much rather see faster character actions (such as fire/reload) and some kind of hitbox/collision buffer so the enemy doesn't stack up inside her. One wrong move in the swarm sections and they all just stack up inside her where she can't hit them but they can still hit her. Very frustrating.

Question. Every sidescroll/fighter game I've ever played, PC's melee attacks strike all enemies inside the hitbox, but yours only strikes one enemy. Is this something you did intentionally because, realisticallly, a single punch/kick can't hit seven people at once? I mean, it totally makes sense on account of the swarms. Wouldn't be any challenge at all if her kick hit multiple targets. Just back against the wall and spam melee. Maybe if her melee could hit a limited number? Like two or three at a time?

Aug 10, 2019
I still want to see more Zombies fucking the girls laying around. the zombie using the spiked girls face is probably my favorite part of the update, or the player getting spiked and then ass fucked.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
honest question... why would you ruin this game w/ what comes across as super weird guro content? can you add a guro-free setting?
I tried building in a guro-off setting but it ended up being very limiting. Everything would need an 'alternate' - animations, traps, conversations, storylines, etc. Too much work and it would have taken away from my intended vision.

I know it's not for everyone, but it's what I want in a game.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Video of a failed attempt (not the one mentioned below, but still has the same issues)

So far, my very best attempt was I got down to 4 enemies remaining. The problem? Those 4 enemies were inside of me (because of ONE mistake, yet fucking again) and I COULD NOT HIT THEM. I tried the strategy of stand still and look the zombies in the eye while I reload as they kick the living dogshit out of me and it simply allowed me to die with a full magazine when I got swarm cucked for the 25th time.

My official, and final, review of this beta as I really do not want to give it yet another try because I fear when I inevitably die yet again from one mistake, I will put my fist through my computer screen is as follows.

The zombies are too fast. I will die on this hill.
"But I got through the whole level and only got hit once"
Congratulations, have a fucking cookie. The level is still broken for us normal people.

The zombies have a RIDICULOUS attack range. I've had zombies hit me long before they actually reach me.

The player's kick range is too small. I've had zombies touch my foot while it's out and kicking, but not take the hit. So, either the range doesn't actually extend to the end of the foot, or the kick stops taking effect before the foot is actually lowered.

The zombies should not be able to stand inside the player. When they do, they cannot be hit by anything. Not the gun or the kick. Once more than one get on top of you, there's nothing you can do to kill them before more show up and it's already too late.

The kick should knock back and stun zombies. When I have a whole fuckload of zombies on top of me, I should be able to kick them away and stun them for long enough to reload. If being able to kick many zombies a once means the kick no longer one-shots fast zombies, I'm 1,000% fine with this.

Zombies shouldn't stack. Multiple times I've died because 4-5 fast zombies were stacked on top of each other, and when I shoot at them, only one gets hit and the rest keep running and hit me. There's nothing you can do to stop it because even if you slide past them, that just puts them right on top of you and then you're fucked (see previous paragraphs).

I'll say it again, 50 fast zombies should NOT be the starting point. Fighting 50 of them is stressful and hard as fuck. If we're insisting on fighting 50 of them, then that should be the 'boss' fight of the level. If 50 is hard, 100 is excessive, and 150 is fucking ridiculous.

Fast zombies should not attack faster than normal zombies. Their gimmick is that they can run. That's enough to make them unique and far more dangerous than normal zombies. Making them swing like a buzz saw is excessive and leads to stunlocking.

There is currently no 'reward' for sliding a zombie's attack. I personally believe that if zombies swing and miss, there should be a consequence for the zombies. As the player, when I swing with my kick, I'm locked in place for long enough for the zombies to take advantage of that. I should get that same opportunity when they miss. Yes, I know they stand still when they swing already. It's not long enough of a pause. Even if you only give fast zombies a longer hit pause, that's fine. It can be a drawback to their increased running speed. You can't shoot an enemy's stat through the roof without giving a debuff to a different stat. That's not how balancing works. Fast zombies currently have no achilleas heel and it's painfully obvious that they need one.

As for not wanting to break the game with cheats, that's kind of the point. The cheats are supposed to be for the people who just can not beat whatever part they're stuck on. I'll try to assign numbers to it to make my point. Let's say I get stuck on a level that's 10 hard. If the cheats are only strong enough to make that 10 hard level an 8 hard level, imagine how fucked the guy is that gets stuck on a 4 hard level and had to use the cheats to get over that hump. If 4 hard is hard enough for that guy to need cheats, He's FUCKED when he gets to the 10 hard level cheats or no cheats because even with cheats, that level is an 8 hard level when he couldn't even beat a 4 hard level. You get what I mean? If someone downloads this game and doesn't like it because the cheats broke the game and made it too easy, then he doesn't need the cheats in the first place and he ruined the fun for himself. If you don't need the cheats and want the challenge, then don't use the cheats. Simple.
First of all, you are the MAN for putting in all this time into the game and then providing feedback. Know that I appreciate it and want to help you out.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- The player's kick range is too small. I've had zombies touch my foot while it's out and kicking, but not take the hit. So, either the range doesn't actually extend to the end of the foot, or the kick stops taking effect before the foot is actually lowered.

You're right, I'm used to it but it should be longer. Here's what it is now, will adjust.

1681664472261.png

As for the other items you mentioned, I don't disagree but I'm not going to implement them because they require significant change to the core code and likely will break something in the process. And if the main reason for them is to help with the 48-zombie room, then it would be better for everyone if I just made that room easier. Which I will. There are a few other rooms on the level with fast zombies, but they should already be easier, and I can make them even easier, too.

- As for not wanting to break the game with cheats, that's kind of the point...

What I meant by 'breaking' was literally that - I need to come up with a god mode or similar that, when used, will still allow you to progress, open doors, see all animations, etc. Easier said than done. But I have some ideas.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
valkaree99
Question. Every sidescroll/fighter game I've ever played, PC's melee attacks strike all enemies inside the hitbox, but yours only strikes one enemy. Is this something you did intentionally because, realisticallly, a single punch/kick can't hit seven people at once? I mean, it totally makes sense on account of the swarms. Wouldn't be any challenge at all if her kick hit multiple targets. Just back against the wall and spam melee. Maybe if her melee could hit a limited number? Like two or three at a time?
Thanks for the feedback. I spent a lot of time in the beginning weighing options, and there are pros and cons to each, but ultimately selected these mechanics since that's how they work in Parasite in City. I modeled the controls on that game since it's so popular and I wanted to build a similar game. At this point I won't be changing any controls, too late for that, but maybe in the next game...

Reactions: cheeded

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hey how's the game goin I haven't played any updates yet
If you modeled this after parasite in city where's the foes with impregnation with consequences making more?

SinfulFantasy

Jul 31, 2021
ALRIGHT. At long last, I have FINALLY gotten past the 50 fast zombies. If you stand in one spot and ONLY move if they spawn close to you or to collect ammo, it's possible. I did it one time on the original version 0.3.00 last night, then went to the beta today to try the same strategy, and died. So, even when using what seems to be the optimal strategy on the first room, it's still really tough, but not skull bashing impossible. I still think it needs tweaks to make it easier and more forgiving, but as of right now, if you have the patience to memorize when to move, when to reload, and what spots to stand still in and for how long, it is doable.

Now, since I died in the beta, this next round of input is based on everything after 50 zombies in the original version 0.3.00.

THE MACHINE PISTOL IS A GOD SEND. Everything after the machine pistol in my opinion is great. The hoards of zombies look scary and intimidating, they get the player's heart pumping, and most importantly, the machine pistol makes it very balanced and possible. As for the spikes in the final mad dash for the exit, I did get nailed by the final spike a handful of times because I poorly timed my slides leading up to it, but the room is designed in a way that even when you die at the very last second, it's not hard to get back to where you were and fix the mistake because there's a checpoint like 30 seconds before it, so no issues there. I don't remember getting upset or frustrated after I got the machine pistol, so my issue is solely with that very first 50 zombies room.

Additionally, I would like to propose a suggestion.

We have normal zombies, we have fast weak zombies, and we have normal weak zombies. How about a slow, but tough zombie? Perhaps give some zombies a bulkier, more muscular design and call them 'strong' zombies that move slower than hell, but take 5-7 shots (whichever balances better), and hit twice as hard as a normal zombie. Fighting them with the machine pistol seems like it would balance out. You have 30 rounds per mag and with some decent ammo drop placements, mixing a few strong zombies into the mix could be a fun addition. And as for the clothing, perhaps a strong zombie could strip the player completely regardless of clothes health? A very strong enemy to be sure, but if used sparingly and in the right way, it could be a unique enemy that's fun to fight, but not insanely punishing. (ie. NO 50 STRONG ZOMBIE ONLY ROOMS.) Strong zombies would only really work in my opinion if they were paired up with the normal speed weak zombies in sparing quantities if implemented.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Hey how's the game goin I haven't played any updates yet
If you modeled this after parasite in city where's the foes with impregnation with consequences making more?
Lol good to see you but are you ever gonna play the game again?? Devs have feelings, too...

I would love to have an insect enemy, that fly H scene in PIC is one of my fav's. Even better, if Val can get pregnant and bring her offspring to some other character like Hailey does to her sister in Hailey's Treasure Adventure. Unfortunately I don't have a way of doing it with my current animation skills.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
You really should find someone to help you with those renders and as for when I'll play soon maybe

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
ALRIGHT. At long last, I have FINALLY gotten past the 50 fast zombies. If you stand in one spot and ONLY move if they spawn close to you or to collect ammo, it's possible. I did it one time on the original version 0.3.00 last night, then went to the beta today to try the same strategy, and died. So, even when using what seems to be the optimal strategy on the first room, it's still really tough, but not skull bashing impossible. I still think it needs tweaks to make it easier and more forgiving, but as of right now, if you have the patience to memorize when to move, when to reload, and what spots to stand still in and for how long, it is doable.

Now, since I died in the beta, this next round of input is based on everything after 50 zombies in the original version 0.3.00.

THE MACHINE PISTOL IS A GOD SEND. Everything after the machine pistol in my opinion is great. The hoards of zombies look scary and intimidating, they get the player's heart pumping, and most importantly, the machine pistol makes it very balanced and possible. As for the spikes in the final mad dash for the exit, I did get nailed by the final spike a handful of times because I poorly timed my slides leading up to it, but the room is designed in a way that even when you die at the very last second, it's not hard to get back to where you were and fix the mistake because there's a checpoint like 30 seconds before it, so no issues there. I don't remember getting upset or frustrated after I got the machine pistol, so my issue is solely with that very first 50 zombies room.

Additionally, I would like to propose a suggestion.

We have normal zombies, we have fast weak zombies, and we have normal weak zombies. How about a slow, but tough zombie? Perhaps give some zombies a bulkier, more muscular design and call them 'strong' zombies that move slower than hell, but take 5-7 shots (whichever balances better), and hit twice as hard as a normal zombie. Fighting them with the machine pistol seems like it would balance out. You have 30 rounds per mag and with some decent ammo drop placements, mixing a few strong zombies into the mix could be a fun addition. And as for the clothing, perhaps a strong zombie could strip the player completely regardless of clothes health? A very strong enemy to be sure, but if used sparingly and in the right way, it could be a unique enemy that's fun to fight, but not insanely punishing. (ie. NO 50 STRONG ZOMBIE ONLY ROOMS.) Strong zombies would only really work in my opinion if they were paired up with the normal speed weak zombies in sparing quantities if implemented.
NICE!!! Ok then, you can try, but unless I hear otherwise I'm just gonna roll this into the public release. Changes:
  • '50-zombie room' now only has 25 zombies
  • '100-zombie' and '150-zombie' rooms are changed per this post. Calling that out here since it sounds like you didn't play those easier versions of the rooms in the beta.
I really like your idea about a big zombie. At this point I'm ready to move away from the zombies for a bit and introduce a new enemy, but the idea of a high-powered enemy in the midst of others is very appealing so I can definitely see something like this in a future level.

Reactions: cheeded

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
how about instead of a hulking zombie you make a mutated scientist he's not undead but he was driven insane by the pain of mutations caused by the virus if that's a thing.
He goes full Patriarch like from Killing floor.. maybe without the chaingun though.

SinfulFantasy

Jul 31, 2021
NICE!!! Ok then, here's a last beta you can try, but unless I hear otherwise I'm just gonna roll this into the public release. Changes:
  • '50-zombie room' now only has 25 zombies
  • '100-zombie' and '150-zombie' rooms are changed per this post. Calling that out here since it sounds like you didn't play those easier versions of the rooms in the beta.
I really like your idea about a big zombie. At this point I'm ready to move away from the zombies for a bit and introduce a new enemy, but the idea of a high-powered enemy in the midst of others is very appealing so I can definitely see something like this in a future level.
Perfect. Though I missed the locations of 2 of the CGs in the gallery. Far right of the middle row of page one, and first one on page 2.

4.60 star(s) 23 Votes