Level 6 has a new female enemy. What new enemy would you like to see in level 7? Pick your top 2..

• Male (human)

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Female

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Futa

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Monster (similar to zombie or goblin)

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Dog

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Glad you like the game, and thanks much for all the feedback.

- Please add the appropriate tags - guro/necro, etc. I was a bit surprised by this content - the current disclaimer is a bit vague and easy to miss.

Like Hargan2 said below, there is no 'guro' tag, but I did add the necro tag (didn't realize there was one until now).

- Val's corruption was a great surprise, and really the main thing that kept me in the game. It sounds like you already have plans to expand on this in the future, which is welcome. It would be great to see some visual indicators of her mindset (alternative animations, a profile image with various stages of corruption, a simple counter/bar indicator, etc.)

The game is (and will continue to be) pretty linear. I.e., gameplay won't be affected by decisions. I like the idea but that mechanic needs to be built in from the start and the game is too far along to add it. Perhaps next game. But you can expect Val to become more corrupted as the game progresses.

- Controls are a little awkward at first, and the responsiveness could be tightened up a bit. This was especially evident on the "one hit kill" levels stuffed with spikes.

Can you provide more details? Controls feel good/responsive for me but I'm used to them.

- The option to skip/speed up the various animations was a nice user-friendly touch.

Thanks, glad they're helpful, I added them a few releases back and felt it would improve the gameplay/replay.

- Could benefit from a few more enemy types, but I understand the work throughput is limited.

Next release will have a new enemy. I have 3 other enemies prototyped.

- Val spying on the monsters taking the other women instead of rescuing them - or even joining in if she's corrupted enough. Val leading other soldiers into the creature's clutches would fall into the same bucket. As a bad end, someone above mentioned "Zombie Val" and I'll second the suggestion. Could be an opportunity to introduce a female enemy type as well.

Cool ideas, will consider

- Dialogue and choices could use a review for consistency of capitalization, etc.

If you find any specific issues w/ the dialogue just let me know and I'll fix them. Hell, if anyone wants to edit/contribute to the dialogue I'm open to that as well. I hate writing dialogue.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Very Tall dwarve

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Minor point, but there isn't actually a "guro" tag on F95. It's just sort of umbrella'd under "Graphic Violence," which the game is tagged as having. Necrophilia def needs to be added though. I also agree on the dialogue needing cleaned up a bit, the writing is good but a solid chunk of it either has minor errors or else could use some cleaning up to make it flow a bit better.
Thanks for saying the writing is 'good' because I still consider lots of it to be 'cringey', writing's just not my forte. I'm guessing you're way better at writing dialogue than I am. If you or anyone else wants to contribute/edit/etc I'm open to it.

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
If you find any specific issues w/ the dialogue just let me know and I'll fix them. Hell, if anyone wants to edit/contribute to the dialogue I'm open to that as well. I hate writing dialogue.
I'd be open to helping out, feel free to DM me either here or on Discord. I'm in between projects for other games right now, so I wouldn't mind volunteering my time.

Edit: Oh you posted as I was writing this, lol

Reactions: valkaree99

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I'm so unlucky because I can't play updated versions on windows 8.1 64bit ..

I Only can play this version >> " ValKaree_v0.1.0_Windows "
Sorry bro, wish I could help, it just comes down to being on an old OS that's out of support. But if I saw someone holding up a sign reading "Need money to buy a proper H-game PC" I'd throw him a few bucks. Just sayin...

Reactions: xxsevoxx99

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
A walkthrough would be nice. Im kinda stuck. Made it to 3rd meeting with the commanding soldier. He wants me to find some one who I havent been able to find.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
The game is (and will continue to be) pretty linear. I.e., gameplay won't be affected by decisions. I like the idea but that mechanic needs to be built in from the start and the game is too far along to add it. Perhaps next game. But you can expect Val to become more corrupted as the game progresses.
Totally understandable, and what you already have here is a good base to build off in a future game.

One further thought - a possible way to keep the linearity, but start to play around with some basic narrative elements is to have a level serve as a "bottle episode" - a mostly self-contained set piece that doesn't spill over into the "main story."

As a specific scenario, consider - Val meets another soldier at the start of the level - she's separated from her unit and is trying to get back. Her and Val have 3-4 encounters during the level (for example, each time Val clears an area), and the encounters build to 2-3 different outcomes depending on Val's choices.

A) Val saves the soldier and they go their separate ways,
B) Val leads the soldier into a trap,
C) Val corrupts the solider (or the other way around)

You don't have to track any other variables outside the level, or worry about integrating the soldier into the rest of the story - she doesn't exist outside the context of that level.

This could give Val (i.e. the player) a chance to flex her purity/corruption and livens up the monotonous "get to the next portal" feel.

- Controls are a little awkward at first, and the responsiveness could be tightened up a bit. This was especially evident on the "one hit kill" levels stuffed with spikes.

Can you provide more details? Controls feel good/responsive for me but I'm used to them.
I had the sliding mechanic in mind when I wrote this - I must have died 10-15 times to one of those spikes because it seemed Val was always just a hair too slow to go into the slide animation. There seems to be just a slight input lag, and its most evident on those "one hit kill" levels because they just leave you stranded.

As a general step, just start with formatting consistency - for example, do you capitalize the various dialogue options or not?

I wish I could lean in to help with the dialogue - I actually really like writing it. Unfortunately, I'm swamped with RL stuff.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
I liked this game. The gameplay is kinda rough, but not bad enough to make me stop. The art is ok. Val looks great and the other models aren't bad either.

I like the corruption theme, second level specially was a surprise.

And yes, the guro is always great for me. ^^

Hope to see some amputee scene(s) in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Val licking a girl without limbs, for example. ;)

Jun 7, 2020
I liked this game. The gameplay is kinda rough, but not bad enough to make me stop. The art is ok. Val looks great and the other models aren't bad either.

I like the corruption theme, second level specially was a surprise.

And yes, the guro is always great for me. ^^

Hope to see some amputee scene(s) in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Val licking a girl without limbs, for example. ;)
D:

cheeded

Apr 28, 2020
Haven't had as much time to work on it as I would like, but that said things are chugging along. The next level's going to be less linear with more tasks for Val to perform, so I had to spend more time than usual on the overall design and flow. But that's been completed and I've been coding for a few weeks now.
Nice. Some variety. Any photos you can share? Approximate release date?

Feb 11, 2023
Haven't had as much time to work on it as I would like, but that said things are chugging along. The next level's going to be less linear with more tasks for Val to perform, so I had to spend more time than usual on the overall design and flow. But that's been completed and I've been coding for a few weeks now.
Such a fucking good developer you are, burning your ass on the key board like a true game developer.

Reactions: valkaree99
4.60 star(s) 23 Votes