Level 6 has a new female enemy. What new enemy would you like to see in level 7? Pick your top 2..

• Male (human)

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Female

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Futa

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Monster (similar to zombie or goblin)

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Dog

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters

atychos

May 16, 2022
Good progress last week, in fact I added another anim so now it's up to 13 for level 4. And there's a good amount of content since it's not a linear level -- I'm guessing the level will take folks 30-60 mins to complete based on their game skills and whether they read the dialogue. And I already have a strawman plan for level 5, which is key since this is the point when I start stressing about what to do next. Working on the punchlist and hope to have a beta ready in 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned...
excited to see

Reactions: valkaree99

CokeLobster

Jul 9, 2021
wait i saw guro
how much guro? like girls death in the background or the mc gets teared up during sex scenes?

I4mn0b0dy

Dec 14, 2021
Ngl, the game is a little frustrating to play, with these controls. lol

Also, next level, can we get a zombie munching some pussy (literally)?

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Ngl, the game is a little frustrating to play, with these controls. lol

Also, next level, can we get a zombie munching some pussy (literally)?
Anything specific that can help it be less frustrating? I wont be changing the controls but I plan to make the first and maybe second levels easier.

No plans for a true 'pussy eating' anim but will keep it in mind, and lots of new anims in the upcoming release.

I4mn0b0dy

Dec 14, 2021
Anything specific that can help it be less frustrating? I wont be changing the controls but I plan to make the first and maybe second levels easier.

No plans for a true 'pussy eating' anim but will keep it in mind, and lots of new anims in the upcoming release.
Well, I had skipped to the third level for the gore content, so I can't comment on the difficulty of the first 2 levels. That said, with how fast paced the game gets, I think giving HP drops would go a long way in making this a bit less tedious. Maybe letting you kick multiple enemies at once as well.

Cus as it stands, the controls are concentrated together in such an awkward way, and all it takes is fumbling the buttons once, to get you locked in an animation that completely screws you over.

firepaw74

Mar 7, 2020
Well, I had skipped to the third level for the gore content, so I can't comment on the difficulty of the first 2 levels. That said, with how fast paced the game gets, I think giving HP drops would go a long way in making this a bit less tedious. Maybe letting you kick multiple enemies at once as well.

Cus as it stands, the controls are concentrated together in such an awkward way, and all it takes is fumbling the buttons once, to get you locked in an animation that completely screws you over.
Git gud.
Game is easy, maybe problem for you is that you jumped first levels that teach you basics of gameplay?

I4mn0b0dy

Dec 14, 2021
Git gud.
Game is easy, maybe problem for you is that you jumped first levels that teach you basics of gameplay?
I didn't have an issue understanding the "basics of the gameplay", it was really just the controls. General issues were things like pressing shift into z to fire, but aim animation not registering fast enough and getting stuck in a kick animation instead. Or trying to do a slide, but pressing A and getting stuck in a grenade animation.

The hand positioning to cover the keys you need to use is just awkward, so it's easy to press the wrong thing. And in a game where you only get 3 HP and have to kill like 60+ sprinting zombies, that got pretty annoying at times. Especially when one of those key fumbles can make you get hit twice back to back, if it happened when there's too many zombies.

And I don't know why you're doing the whole "git gud" thing. This isn't exactly the type of game people go to for a challenge. I mean part of the goal of playing this is to CHOOSE to die, to find new animations. Being discouraged from dying because that means playing through a "challenging portion" all over again, is well... a little counterproductive.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I didn't have an issue understanding the "basics of the gameplay", it was really just the controls. General issues were things like pressing shift into z to fire, but aim animation not registering fast enough and getting stuck in a kick animation instead. Or trying to do a slide, but pressing A and getting stuck in a grenade animation.

The hand positioning to cover the keys you need to use is just awkward, so it's easy to press the wrong thing. And in a game where you only get 3 HP and have to kill like 60+ sprinting zombies, that got pretty annoying at times. Especially when one of those key fumbles can make you get hit twice back to back, if it happened when there's too many zombies.

And I don't know why you're doing the whole "git gud" thing. This isn't exactly the type of game people go to for a challenge. I mean part of the goal of playing this is to CHOOSE to die, to find new animations. Being discouraged from dying because that means playing through a "challenging portion" all over again, is well... a little counterproductive.
Thanks for the feedback. I get that the controls take some time to learn and I plan to make the 1st 2 levels a little easier to help with that. They are based on the Parasite in City controls, and given how popular that game is I was hoping they would be well received.

Otherwise, thoughts on how to make it better? Remapping keys would help a lot of folks but it's a big task that I'm putting off to later in the project. Evade and Grenade are fundamental to the game so they won't be going anywhere. "Aim not registering fast enough" - is there a delay w/ the controls or is this a user error thing? The code sets your state to 'aiming' once shift is pressed, so there should be no delay there.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Otherwise, thoughts on how to make it better?
If you can't "tighten up" the reaction to the controls because the game is already reacting as fast as possible, you could consider approaching the problem from the other direction - and introducing some "slack" on the enemy or trap end of things.

For example, add a small delay to the trap activation triggers, or the enemies attack animations.

Alternatively, avoid the timing issue altogether and just give Val an extra notch of health.

For the "git gud!" crowd - you can always hide these adjustments behind a difficulty setting.

Reactions: shiruken

I4mn0b0dy

Dec 14, 2021
Otherwise, thoughts on how to make it better? Remapping keys would help a lot of folks but it's a big task that I'm putting off to later in the project. Evade and Grenade are fundamental to the game so they won't be going anywhere. "Aim not registering fast enough" - is there a delay w/ the controls or is this a user error thing? The code sets your state to 'aiming' once shift is pressed, so there should be no delay there.
It seems like there's a recurring issue of pressing shift and z together too quickly, causing a kick instead of a fire. Some of it could be user error, but nonetheless I do think it's an overly easy mistake to make, and one that carries disproportionate consequences.

I think the easiest solution would be to give more HP and/or even the occasional HP drop. Other things that would help are letting kicks hit multiple zombies at once, shortening the range on zombie attacks, giving more of a delay/windup for the zombie attacks, etc.

And I agree with the other guy, that difficulty settings that change how much of the above is implemented, could appease the people who want difficulty in their guro games. lol

vitadvore

Nov 14, 2018
If you can't "tighten up" the reaction to the controls because the game is already reacting as fast as possible, you could consider approaching the problem from the other direction - and introducing some "slack" on the enemy or trap end of things.

For example, add a small delay to the trap activation triggers, or the enemies attack animations.

Alternatively, avoid the timing issue altogether and just give Val an extra notch of health.

For the "git gud!" crowd - you can always hide these adjustments behind a difficulty setting.
It seems like there's a recurring issue of pressing shift and z together too quickly, causing a kick instead of a fire. Some of it could be user error, but nonetheless I do think it's an overly easy mistake to make, and one that carries disproportionate consequences.

I think the easiest solution would be to give more HP and/or even the occasional HP drop. Other things that would help are letting kicks hit multiple zombies at once, shortening the range on zombie attacks, giving more of a delay/windup for the zombie attacks, etc.

And I agree with the other guy, that difficulty settings that change how much of the above is implemented, could appease the people who want difficulty in their guro games. lol
Haven't we already had this conversation a bunch of times? The dev already made difficulty adjustments. It's not that hard a game guys. I'm with the git gud crowd, not because I like challenging h games but because i want the dev to spend their time making h content instead of wasting more time responding to the newest complainer of the week.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Haven't we already had this conversation a bunch of times? The dev already made difficulty adjustments. It's not that hard a game guys. I'm with the git gud crowd, not because I like challenging h games but because i want the dev to spend their time making h content instead of wasting more time responding to the newest complainer of the week.
I said absolutely nothing about this being a difficult game. Please dedicate some of that "git gud" energy to following a discussion.

vitadvore

Nov 14, 2018
I said absolutely nothing about this being a difficult game. Please dedicate some of that "git gud" energy to following a discussion.
No, but you did offer up 3 or 4 suggestions for the dev to work on, instead of making more H content. That was my point.

Reactions: firepaw74
4.60 star(s) 23 Votes