Level 6 has a new female enemy. What new enemy would you like to see in level 7? Pick your top 2..

• Male (human)

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Female

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Futa

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Monster (similar to zombie or goblin)

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Dog

Votes: 33 45.2%

• Total voters

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I really don't see the difficulty in the game. You always have more than enough ammo to deal with anything
Yeah me too, it's challenging in some partes yeah, but in a good way IMHO.
Hopefully you guys won't be disappointed in the new release, I'm dialing back the difficulty to make it more consumable. But I'm liking how it plays with the new settings. Instead of the 'let's see if I can survive this room' approach, it plays more like level 4 -- the enemies are there but they're not the main objective, and instead you're focusing on solving quests and finding H content.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Quick dev update, I added a nifty little feature today that I'm already loving. In conversations/animations, holding down x (or z or c) now rapidly skips forward/backwards through the dialogue. Great for devs like me who need to test some component of the dialogue/animation, and even better for players who want to skip the dialogue and get to the good stuff :)

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
Hopefully you guys won't be disappointed in the new release, I'm dialing back the difficulty to make it more consumable. But I'm liking how it plays with the new settings. Instead of the 'let's see if I can survive this room' approach, it plays more like level 4 -- the enemies are there but they're not the main objective, and instead you're focusing on solving quests and finding H content.
Anyway in a hgame "QUALITY">>>>>>gameplay, so no problem.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Dev update:

The new anim count is now up to 6 and the latest anim was the best kind -- it just came to me during development and only took 1 day to complete from start to finish. Compare that to the typical time of 1-3 weeks to complete an animation and you can see why I'm excited. It fits the spirit of level 1 and hopefully folks will like it.

I just completed some new rooms and logic for level 2 that will add some variety and personality to the level. The logic involves decision branching -- i.e., what happens is based on decisions you made during conversations with NPCs -- which is a lot trickier to get right than I expected. RenPy and RPGM have prebuilt decision branching features that devs can leverage, but I'm building my own as I go. Maybe someday there will be a RenPy for sidescrollers...

Here's a peek at one of the new NPCs. Here name is Gemini and that name is intentional. Hopefully you'll get to meet her in a few weeks...

npc_gemini-street-013.png

Feb 11, 2023
Dev update:

The new anim count is now up to 6 and the latest anim was the best kind -- it just came to me during development and only took 1 day to complete from start to finish. Compare that to the typical time of 1-3 weeks to complete an animation and you can see why I'm excited. It fits the spirit of level 1 and hopefully folks will like it.

I just completed some new rooms and logic for level 2 that will add some variety and personality to the level. The logic involves decision branching -- i.e., what happens is based on decisions you made during conversations with NPCs -- which is a lot trickier to get right than I expected. RenPy and RPGM have prebuilt decision branching features that devs can leverage, but I'm building my own as I go. Maybe someday there will be a RenPy for sidescrollers...

Here's a peek at one of the new NPCs. Here name is Gemini and that name is intentional. Hopefully you'll get to meet her in a few weeks...

View attachment 2909012
you just keep on given, dont ye? Excellent work handsome; will gemini be accompanying mc through gameplay?

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Awesome you were able to incorporate decision branching!
There's actually branching in L4 with finding the goblin sample, meeting Straga, etc. Nothing overly complex but implementing it and covering all possible decision combinations is a lot more work than I expected.

Reactions: Tempering

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
There's actually branching in L4 with finding the goblin sample, meeting Straga, etc. Nothing overly complex but implementing it and covering all possible decision combinations is a lot more work than I expected.
Hopefully you'll get a week of sleep soon. I'm suffering for you!

Reactions: valkaree99

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
New poll added about background music. Do you guys care?

FYI the keybindings poll was right down the middle - 50% of the folks wanted it, 50% didn't. Will look into that feature going forward.

Reactions: Tempering

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Regarding the background music poll: I would always turn it on but I have encountered instances of atrocious music in games before, enough to turn off completely or keep at less than 5% volume for quiet ambience. It does not hurt much to have zero music, great games work fine without it. However atrocious music will sour tastes on the game.

Waaaatta

Oct 3, 2021
Regarding the background music poll: I would always turn it on but I have encountered instances of atrocious music in games before, enough to turn off completely or keep at less than 5% volume for quiet ambience. It does not hurt much to have zero music, great games work fine without it. However atrocious music will sour tastes on the game.
I agree with everything you said. For instance, when I play Counter Strike, I usually set the background music to the minimum. But for a game like The Witcher 3, I ramp it up to 150%! :LOL:

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
I generally play hgame without audio, don't wanna wear headphones. BUT having some background music is better than not having it in a game, just the least of priorities thou.

Reactions: valkaree99

Sergio61rus

Aug 16, 2019
Secret Codes:
Type in title or levels screen.
ASHLEY - Unlock Ashley level and CGIs.
ESCAPE - Unlock Escape level and CGIs.
BACKDOOR - Unlock Backdoor level and CGIs.
ALLCGIS - Unlock all CGIs.
ALLANIMS - Unlock all animation.
DEBUG - Debug (I don't know what it is or why.)

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
It's a big day! Today is the 1-yr anniversary of the initial release (alpha). What a year it's been, and what a different game VK is now. If you haven't played the alpha, here's just some of what's been added over the last year:
- 4 new levels
- 27 new anims (31 total)
- 19 new CGIS (23 total)
- 50+ (lost count) background soldiers
- Lotsa new NPCs
- 1 new trap
- 1 new enemy
- Savegame system
- HD anims
- Anim gallery
- CGI gallery
- Parallax foreground/background
- Background objects (trees/bushes/etc)
- New storyline

The main thing we lost was the upgrade system, which I kinda miss but it didn't work well with the new game direction. That and the mercenary level, where you just killed zombies until you died. But it was still a fun game, so if you've never played it (or you just wanna relive old memories) you can download it .

Have fun and don't party too hard!

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
Dev update 2023-09-16

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stay tuned, getting close...
Yeah, Lore is ALWAYS important for a game, even a Hgame!

4.60 star(s) 23 Votes