• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Who was your favourite heroine?

• Audrey

• Cassandra

• Samira

• Victorica

• Yoona

• Yuria

Results are only viewable after voting.

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
Quite honestly? No, those tags don't necessarily mean like this.

Mind control is far broader than "just" brainwashing, and many of which I enjoy.
ok, so now we are confused, what exactly don't you like about the game? Because the way it's starting to look, you might dislike such a specific and niche thing that there is realistically no real risk of you running in to again or it only exist in a very narrow subset of games. thus we would be better off giving specific names and titles than tags

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
What is swinging tag about in this game?
I think it's a reference to a specific ending:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But I wouldn't say that's swinging, so imo the tag is incorrect.

Edit: actually, I think AkaQ below is correct. Yeah, I suppose that ending could count as swinging.

Last edited:
Reactions: AkaQ

AkaQ

May 23, 2022
Isn't "swinging" to trade couples?
Technically there is ONE scene in one of the ending BUT
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
ok, so now we are confused, what exactly don't you like about the game? Because the way it's starting to look, you might dislike such a specific and niche thing that there is realistically no real risk of you running in to again or it only exist in a very narrow subset of games. thus we would be better off giving specific names and titles than tags
Mind controlling someone into betraying their friends and family (and country/planet/galaxy).

I'd say "stories in which the villain wins", but even that's not a firm line: (forever ago) Evil, Inc. managed to skirt this line between "hot" and (to me) "squick". And if this story had been focused on a black-vs-blacker story about a coup within the Neo-Terran Confederacy (and featuring Samira and others) I think it would have stayed on the "hot" side in my head.

CorrHen

Mar 6, 2023
Mind controlling someone into betraying their friends and family (and country/planet/galaxy).

I'd say "stories in which the villain wins", but even that's not a firm line: (forever ago) Evil, Inc. managed to skirt this line between "hot" and (to me) "squick". And if this story had been focused on a black-vs-blacker story about a coup within the Neo-Terran Confederacy (and featuring Samira and others) I think it would have stayed on the "hot" side in my head.
Sounds like you don't really want a corruption game. You want a less guilt inducing game. Like an innocent into hypno-slut style game? Maybe just avoid the corruption tag.

Corruption is all about betraying. It is literally why we're here.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Sounds like you don't really want a corruption game. You want a less guilt inducing game. Like an innocent into hypno-slut style game? Maybe just avoid the corruption tag.

Corruption is all about betraying. It is literally why we're here.
But corruption doesn't mean "in turn betraying everyone" here. It's all kinds of "moral degeneration". I like about 1/3 of the games tagged here with "Corruption", so I can't use that by itself. If it were about the corruption tag, it's not only about the protagonist being the agent of this corruption in other people, but it's specifically about that corruption having bigger impact than just the individual.

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016

Ah I get what going on here, well yuor in luck, see by shear technicality what yuo have here in both Valdana and Isis, is a Japanese spin on the corruption genre (in truth it originated there, but for simplicities sake let's go with "spin") called something to the affect of Akeuchi or the like, supposedly meaning "dark path" or somesuch, this type of corruption is verry rare in the west (and if yuo discount magical girls themed stuff in japan even rarer still) as yuo most like have gathered, the corruption tag is mostyl used for moral degeneration and debauchery, in a near exclusively sexual connotation, with the "moral and ethical" part present here being fairly rare or downplayed.

so in short, avoid japanese games with the corruption tag, sinse they are most likely to have something similar to this series, NTR get's a special mention since it often features the girl in question also becoming worser person.

realistically speaking the type of corruption in the Fall series and in Tjords work, is very very rare, so to my mind it's not really worth the effort to try and stay away from it, since more often than not most games taged corruption won't be like it

CorrHen

Mar 6, 2023
Ah I get what going on here, well yuor in luck, see by shear technicality what yuo have here in both Valdana and Isis, is a Japanese spin on the corruption genre (in truth it originated there, but for simplicities sake let's go with "spin") called something to the affect of Akeuchi or the like, supposedly meaning "dark path" or somesuch, this type of corruption is verry rare in the west (and if yuo discount magical girls themed stuff in japan even rarer still) as yuo most like have gathered, the corruption tag is mostyl used for moral degeneration and debauchery, in a near exclusively sexual connotation, with the "moral and ethical" part present here being fairly rare or downplayed.

so in short, avoid japanese games with the corruption tag, sinse they are most likely to have something similar to this series, NTR get's a special mention since it often features the girl in question also becoming worser person.

realistically speaking the type of corruption in the Fall series and in Tjords work, is very very rare, so to my mind it's not really worth the effort to try and stay away from it, since more often than not most games taged corruption won't be like it
I haven't checked the corruption tag much here. I guess I was wrong about just avoiding the corruption tag. Sorry

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
[...] this type of corruption is verry rare in the west (and if yuo discount magical girls themed stuff in japan even rarer still) as yuo most like have gathered, the corruption tag is mostyl used for moral degeneration and debauchery, in a near exclusively sexual connotation, with the "moral and ethical" part present here being fairly rare or downplayed.
If this is correct, it would explain why I don't really enjoy corruption in western games. I always thought they were toothless. OG corruption best corruption. :)

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
But corruption doesn't mean "in turn betraying everyone" here. It's all kinds of "moral degeneration". I like about 1/3 of the games tagged here with "Corruption", so I can't use that by itself. If it were about the corruption tag, it's not only about the protagonist being the agent of this corruption in other people, but it's specifically about that corruption having bigger impact than just the individual.
This is a problem between western and japanese interpretation of corruption genre.
90% of corruption western material is a stories about sluttification in fact. At the start heroines can be frienldy with protagonist or dislike him, but they always ends as his sluts. It seems like this is the western look on the corruption theme.

The Japanese tradition of corruption genre pursues other goals. Works in this type of stories are uses the tag «akuochi» — fall to the devil side, and this is means what it says. Heroines starts as warriors of justice, pure and innocent girls, or just good people. But in the end they are choosing the devil side. The progenitors of this genre are old sentai shows in which some of sentais were brainwashed by the villains for an episode or two and fighting with their former friends on the evil side. Mahou shoujo shows also made a significant contribution. Especially evil trasnformation of Chibiusa and some other mahou shoujos. But the most spicy was a trope when the evil organization had a method to transform a human into a monster. Mirror saga in Sailormoon is a perfect example. The antagonis searched the pure mirror of soul. Every episode her servants kidnapped a person that could have a pure soul-mirror. 1) They extracted mirror,
2)mirror dimmed because it wasn't pure,
3)person with dimmed soul-mirror tranformed into a moster of the week.
Sometime these persons were women which transformed into a female-monsters and that trope became a sexual fetish for some people.
So the trope with heroine becoming evil soon migrated to visual novels. At first it was just the bad ends, but, as time passes, japanese market got the games entirely dedicated to the «akuochi» genre. Maika games, Venus Blood series, games from Lusterise — they are all famed for the stories when the evil side winning, heroines becoming evil and betraying/killing their former friends and even humanity. Sometimes you play as a villain coquering the world and it's heroines, sometimes as a hero and becoming an object of betrayal and death in the end.

Actually there is a problem with tagging on this site. You were misled with corruption tag because you searched sluttification game. And I in 90% of cases find myself deceived here in search of games about heroines falling to the evil side. Because both of this type of stories are tagged here as «corruption» games.

Last edited:

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
This is a problem between western and japanese interpretation of corruption genre.
90% of corruption western material is a stories about sluttification in fact. At the start heroines can be frienldy with protagonist or dislike him, but they always ends as his sluts. It seems like this is the western look on the corruption theme.

The Japanese tradition of corruption genre pursues other goals. Works in this type of stories are uses the tag «akuochi» — fall to the devil side, and this is means what it says. Heroines starts as warriors of justice, pure and innocent girls, or just good people. But in the end they are choosing the devil side. The progenitors of this genre are old sentai shows in which some of sentais were brainwashed by the villains for an episode or two and fighting with their former friends on the evil side. Mahou shoujo shows also made a significant contribution. Especially evil trasnformation of Chibiusa and some other mahou shoujos. But the most spicy was a trope when the evil organization had a method to transform a human into a monster. Mirror saga in Sailormoon is a perfect example. The antagonis searched the pure mirror of soul. Every episode her servants kidnapped a person that could have a pure soul-mirror. 1) They extracted mirror,
Sometime these persons were women which transformed into a female-monsters and that trope became a sexual fetish for some people.
So the trope with heroine becoming evil soon migrated to visual novels. At first it was just the bad ends, but, as time passes, japanese market got the games entirely dedicated to the «akuochi» genre. Maika games, Venus Blood series, games from Lusterise — they are all famed for the stories when the evil side winning, heroines becoming evil and betraying/killing their former friends and even humanity. Sometimes you play as a villain coquering the world and it's heroines, sometimes as a hero and becoming an object of betrayal and death in the end.

Actually there is a problem with tagging on this site. You were misled with corruption tag because you searched sluttification game. And I in 90% of cases find myself deceived here in search of games about heroines falling to the evil side. Because both of this type of stories are tagged here as «corruption» games.

Interesting.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Very well said. And the last part is especially true. "Corruption" tag on f95zone is pretty much useless.
I don't think it has to be useless. Just use corruption and sluttification as seperate tags and everybody is happy.

AkaQ

May 23, 2022

Yeah! 100% this!
Most of the times I see the "Corruption" tag on this site/western-daz-games it is been used on incest games just because of the taboo (moral degradation).

Last edited:

joshua1776

Mar 5, 2018
I did not notice it until I finished but the title screen changed to show the corrupted characters. Anyone know if there are title screens with only some of the characters corrupted, showing as more and more get brainwashed?

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
I did not notice it until I finished but the title screen changed to show the corrupted characters. Anyone know if there are title screens with only some of the characters corrupted, showing as more and more get brainwashed?
checked the files and no, it's all or nothing

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes