RPGM Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall [v0.3.0] [A Memory of Eternity]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
since the days of the original NES...
It may interest you that I have a completed 40-hour type RPG in the same writing style (I'm solodev of both games) but different art (pixel style) and less polish: https://f95zone.to/threads/memoirs-...1-05-a-memory-of-eternity.47258/post-10082790

Looking sick with a big ass sword, or vampirussy. The struggle is real.
Why not both? There's a planned feature in the Slayer campaign to "flip" captured vampires. I'm sure the image of leashed bloodsuckers is someone's kink.

But of course, it's uh... totally consensual stuff. I'm going to have to make that very clear... in case people have questions.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
If you are going to stick with the placeholder MC image, I would recommend perhaps switching it another less glaring color (perhaps blue?) and/or making the placeholder a little transparent.

As it stands, the white placeholder can be quite distracting and immersion-breaking
I know I have exactly zero intentions of looking at it. Hell, RPGM is an almost automatic ignore for me in the first place. The only reason it wasn't is cause I didn't see any of it's stupid pixel shit and map (which just means tedious walking around grinding random encounters).

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Why not both? There's a planned feature in the Slayer campaign to "flip" captured vampires. I'm sure the image of leashed bloodsuckers is someone's kink.
Yeah, thats something I would definitely do with my character once the game is done. For roleplaying purposes of course.

Reactions: DrFree

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
Yup, but this demo doesn't have character creation yet, so you choose male/female at the start.

rends looks amazing my man, good luck with the game!

just got a question, would we only be able to create a female or male protagonist or will you add the option to have a futa protagonist?

Reactions: DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Hey, just letting you know I appreciate having placeholders for a mechanic that's not there yet.
I understood it the moment I saw the tags + the images.
Can't undersrand people that just went "wtf gonna have the palest vampire's dick ever" so fast.

And ofc, I appreciate the big titty goth vampire GFs, especially the plural.

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
Hey, just letting you know I appreciate having placeholders for a mechanic that's not there yet.
Can't undersrand people that just went "wtf gonna have the palest vampire's dick ever" so fast.

my thought exactly, everyone was like WTF is this, and shitting on the MC without even giving themselves a second to understand what's going on, making fools out of themselves

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
rends looks amazing my man, good luck with the game!

just got a question, would we only be able to create a female or male protagonist or will you add the option to have a futa protagonist?
Male and female player characters are in, not sure about futa. It will be a lot more work in rendering, writing, choices, etc. A significant investment in time I'm not sure if I want to spend. Probably not.

my thought exactly, everyone was like WTF is this, and shitting on the MC without even giving themselves a second to understand what's going on, making fools out of themselves
Yeah, a little surprised by the reaction to a placeholder. But if the main criticism is something I was going to change anyways, then I'll chalk it up as a success.

Feb 19, 2023
Bolded since I imagine a lot of people are gonna ask.

There's character creation, so the white silhouette is a neutral stand-in for all possible appearances. Yes, it's a placeholder.
I could actually play as the white silhouette character & it wouldn't bother me at all. I'm paying 100% attention to the beautiful big boobed girls anyway. The white silhouette character actually looks better then a third of the male models on this site anyway. If I get to play the game and the white silhouette character is there I'll totally try a run through with him :LOL:

Feb 19, 2023

You guys are right.

Sure there were a few people that were obviously having fun joking about it but others just came off as fools :rolleyes:

Reactions: DrFree and elmicho
Feb 19, 2023
Isometric, party-based, grid combat with choice and consequence inside an open world setting.
Plus big titty goth vampire GFs! What more can you ask for?​
Could you mention a couple games that use the Isometric, party-based, grid combat similar to Vampire Syndicate? I saw you mention Baldurs Gate 3 (I have not played) but you were comparing combat ratio more then gameplay. I don't think I've played too many games like this.

Isometric, party-based, grid combat with choice and consequence inside an open world setting.
Plus big titty goth vampire GFs! What more can you ask for?​
I love big titty GFs and goth vampires are good too!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I hope this ends well but I have seen overcomplicated rpgm games before (Eromancer). So we will see if the devs have bite more than they can chew or not.
The banner girl is hot.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Could you mention a couple games that use the Isometric, party-based, grid combat similar to Vampire Syndicate?
All of these are SFW games ofc, and some are grid while others are freeform. The old infinity engine RPGs (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, etc), Pillar of Eternity 1 & 2, Spiderweb games like Avernum, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jagged Alliance 2, Tyranny, Divinity Original Sin 1 + 2, Fallout 1 + 2.

It's a huge genre, I'm sure I missed a lot.

File is corrupt, something about a checksum error. Looks like \www\audio\bgm\Ship3.rpgmvo is corrupt after extraction. I downloaded the file from Mega. Haven't tried running the game yet. If possible, can I get a non-corrupt version of the file? I'd prefer not to download the whole thing twice
I would just upload that file, but unfortunately as it's a default RPGM file I cannot do that legally (weird thing to say on a pirate website, but I'm not an anon here). I would suggest trying out the compressed version?

Feb 19, 2023
All of these are SFW games ofc, and some are grid while others are freeform. The old infinity engine RPGs (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, etc), Pillar of Eternity 1 & 2, Spiderweb games like Avernum, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jagged Alliance 2, Tyranny, Divinity Original Sin 1 + 2, Fallout 1 + 2.

It's a huge genre, I'm sure I missed a lot.
Thanks!

Stiig

Jan 19, 2018
The ladies look nice and if the focus is mainly on the rpg elements(And I like them) it sounds like it will be right up my Alley. Could not care less if MC white placeholder person or not even shown personally in scenes or is silent protagonist.

I guess I will go try Memoirs of a Battle Brothel to get a taste of your craft.

Just a dumb question: You are not related to the Throtgar/TJ Lazer Tyrannicon?

qmechan

Jul 9, 2021
Really solid work! The placeholder protagonist gave me a chuckle but it's not too immersion-breaking. You're really doing great! And MOABB was AMAZING!

Keep up the great work!

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Bolded since I imagine a lot of people are gonna ask.

There's character creation, so the white silhouette is a neutral stand-in for all possible appearances. Yes, it's a placeholder.
I'm sorry you had to say this, I thought it was obvious with the character creation screen you showed and it being in early Alpha.

I'm interested in this just because you included that option. You also finished a project, so I'm super in.

Now....

Gameplay Pregnancy / future tags??? :unsure:

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes