RPGM Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall [v0.3.0] [A Memory of Eternity]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
There will be an option to start as a vampire, although it comes with some drawbacks.
Can the Mc be born as such like poorblood vampire from a powerfull family like royal linige who live under fake rank and title but powerfull like a queen is. It could be fun see other vampire face freaking out by oversee Main Character true power.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Tyranicon

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
The one thing i dislike about the preview screens is the MC 3d model. Why the off-white mannequin instead of a detailed mc? It is such a sharp contrast with the other cast.

Other then that i looks good and i might try it out, good luck with future development.

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Can't wait for the MC of the game to be a real body and not this all-white aspect that we can't identify with... it's a shame because it's impossible for me to get into the game because of that.
Otherwise good continuation for the "DEV" game, but make a correction because this problem has already been reported at its launch and nothing has been modified... :(

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
This game remind me at GTA game on PlayStation 2, it kind nostalgic.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
The one thing i dislike about the preview screens is the MC 3d model. Why the off-white mannequin instead of a detailed mc? It is such a sharp contrast with the other cast.

Other then that i looks good and i might try it out, good luck with future development.
Can't wait for the MC of the game to be a real body and not this all-white aspect that we can't identify with... it's a shame because it's impossible for me to get into the game because of that.
I've been occupied with implementing the new battle system.

The white mannequin will be replaced when the story demo releases.

they are enemies I hope.
Yes, the Slayers will be an enemy faction that's basically a vampire hunter knightly order, but you can play as that faction.

And yes, there can be in-fighting even if you're in their faction.

Reactions: Moosica

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Yes, the Slayers will be an enemy faction that's basically a vampire hunter knightly order, but you can play as that faction.

And yes, there can be in-fighting even if you're in their faction.
So if I get we are the enemy if we are human? I don't like killing vampires.

I hope to see even when or if we play as Vampire (not servant I prefer be free from any vampire grips over me. I prefer choose I be in character creation as vampire whiche liniege is from ancient vampire, born as such.)

I hope to make some of them our allies just to corrupt them slowly if we are vampires, just kidness no mental tricks, otherwise it gonna be start a fight between MC as (Ancient) Vampire vs Vampires Slayers.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
So if I get we are the enemy if we are human? I don't like killing vampires.

I hope to see even when or if we play as Vampire (not servant I prefer be free from any vampire grips over me. I prefer choose I be in character creation as vampire whiche liniege is from ancient vampire, born as such.)

I hope to make some of them our allies just to corrupt them slowly if we are vampires, just kidness no mental tricks, otherwise it gonna be start a fight between MC as (Ancient) Vampire vs Vampires Slayers.
It seems like the Slayers are a faction the the player will be allowed to join if they are human. If you are human you don't need to be the enemy of all vampires.

I could see a vampire MC joining the Slayers and a vampire being able to recruit a Slayer being an interesting route.

Reactions: 88Michele88

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
This is a cool start. The music fits the vibe, the color scheme is well-chosen and pops. I'm not sure I really like the scanlines and the font. While both fit what you seem to imagine for the game, they will strain the eyes of your audience. Consider options to change them to something less intrusive.
Overall, I see what you're trying to do and I think it could be great.

It is however a fucking atrocity in regards to compression. 1.8gigs for a tech demo is a very, very bad joke.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tyranicon

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Wowie, and I though only wooden stakes could kill a vampire, those fanged-fems' are going to regret trying to service that thing! :D

Good luck with your game, I'll come back when there is a texturized MC, the placeholder is off-putting.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
There's different ways to start the game, including as vampire or vampire hunter.

There are antagonistic human factions. You will be able to choose the factions you want to align with. You can also betray them. At least, that's what I have planned.

Ctrl+v'ed this on backgrounds and motives. There will be a detailed character creator (at least in terms of mechanics, graphics might be limited).

So, because I like potentially overworking myself, I think I will be splitting player backgrounds from my previous games into "backgrounds" and "motives."

Backgrounds determine the player's starting funds, equipment, faction bonuses and will have different flavor text throughout the game.

Motives are big gameplay modifiers that will add new features or sidequests.

None of this is meant to be balanced in any way.

Planned Backgrounds:

Noble Scion
Former Courtesan
Mercenary
Street Thug
Cultist
Corp Floater
Spirit Hunter
Bloodpit Gladiator
Hacktivist
Conspiracy Theorist
Nobody

Planned Motives:

Undercover
You are an agent of the Traveler's Mandate. You have infiltrated the vampire lineages as part of an operation to align the underworld with the priorities of the Mandate. You will be able to call on the resources of one of the most powerful organizations in the world. But whether or not you can trust your superiors and their goals... is a matter of perspective.

Disgraced Vampire
One of the ways to start a new game already as a vampire. However, due to past... indiscretions, you are widely hated by other vampires and only barely tolerated by your own lineage. Your first task is to earn your redemption.

Avenger
You joined the lineages for revenge. A vampire killed someone very close to you, and you intend to return the favor. Rise through the ranks of the Uzakh Drucah and discover who your target is, and how you can eliminate them.

Slayer
You are part of the Slayer Order of Saint Gorfu. You and your brother knights have been deployed to MoonFall to eradicate the vampire menace. Root the bloodsuckers out of their hiding holes, destroy their organizations, and break the back of the Uzakh Drucah. There can be no mercy for the wicked. Kill them all.

Traitor Vampire
Once a proud immortal, you have been broken by the Slayer Order and are little more than a leashed pet. But you are still a vampire, and you may yet betray your new masters... unless you actually believe that they'll still need you when their job is done.

Rogue Agent
You have no permanent loyalties, but your abilities put you in high demand with the vampire lords.

I have some more I'm working on, but I don't think I'll commit to those unless I have time.

Reactions: GokutheG

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
A Vampire centered rpg of sorts with not only the option to play a female MC but it's entirely possible to play as a lesbian? Awesome! Definitely gonna keep an eye on this :D

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I just took a quick glance and immediately got nostalgic as fuck
Does anyone remember Syndicate from Bullfrog studios? :giggle:

Dogola

Oct 27, 2017
This looks good from the screenshots except the stock white chars. Please consider removing this character creation nonsense and rather give us a pre-defined character(s) with a real background. I feel this won't go anywhere and will be shallow and only scratch the surface of a story if you have to consider the CC choices and have every artwork/animation with Mr White, else it will be double or more work to create render/animations with every CC possibility and that wont happen.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I will come back to check when this finally has a character creation, the white placeholder MC is to distracting for me.

AstralBout

Aug 10, 2017
1.80 GBs for only v.0.2.0
I'm waiting sweatily embracing myself in the dark that I might have to install all my steam games for this.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So how complex is gonna be the character creation? Making just preset Male and Female is already a lot of work.
Is the banner girl a future character?

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
So how complex is gonna be the character creation? Making just preset Male and Female is already a lot of work.
Is the banner girl a future character?
It'll be like the old 90's RPGs, where you pick a walking/combat appearance and a face plate. There'll be a bunch of RPG stuff like stats, backgrounds, motives, etc too.

This isn't AAA or even AA (I'm the only dev), so there won't be a detailed character appearance creator like Cyberpunk 2077.

But it is a RPG, specifically a cRPG, so there won't be a fixed MC/PC.

Reactions: Ragnar

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
It'll be like the old 90's RPGs, where you pick a walking/combat appearance and a face plate. There'll be a bunch of RPG stuff like stats, backgrounds, motives, etc too.

This isn't AAA or even AA (I'm the only dev), so there won't be a detailed character appearance creator like Cyberpunk 2077.

But it is a RPG, specifically a cRPG, so there won't be a fixed MC/PC.
But we will have completed apperace for both gener like skin not that precheolder, that make me direct my attention so other things reder on whole sex scene. Or gonna be just like the one we see in previews? It's wierd.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes