2.80 star(s) 12 Votes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
which brings me to the point , who the f makes a game with a absolete non supported player these days , like come on :mad:
It's not like this game is brand new. Versions were being made for quite some time before Flash was officially discontinued at the start of 2021. The OP is from May 26th 2017, which suggests work started on this title even before Flash started its journey into the trash. Flash was deprecated by Adobe in July of 2017 with an announced EOL for the end of 2020.

I would certainly not use Flash to develop a new project and devs should consider porting over existing work to something else, sure, can't deny that, but it's likely a lot of work. If all you've ever known was Flash and you're primarily an artist, the jump to learning another software/engine for games and animation can be jarring and time-consuming. And time is money for a lot of these kinds of content creators. Gotta churn out those loops at least. So they might not feel like they have the time to fully commit to moving on yet.

With the likes of Ruffle and Newgrounds Player digging in their heels, it's not even like Flash and swf format are completely dead and buried either. So "absolutely non-supported" isn't even accurate.

BTW, I'm not defending the game. If it's broken in places then it's broken.
Just seems a little odd to see a game that started being made before the format was discontinued being judged for using a format that has since been discontinued.

Last edited:

MrPsycho94

Oct 13, 2017
I have tried everything to play this game and it won't work because I don’t have the ShockwaveFlash Object. I even tried to install the last version to see if it works and it doesn't. Any solutions? Problem.png

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I have tried everything to play this game and it won't work because I don’t have the ShockwaveFlash Object. I even tried to install the last version to see if it works and it doesn't. Any solutions? View attachment 1833685
Adobe Flash Player isn't really a thing any more. Flash has been discontinued so in order to continue using the file type you need to look for a trustworthy third party player or figure out how to get an older build of the Adobe player working.
I know that Newgrounds Player works well for animations but I've never used it for anything with complex interaction. I haven't played a Flash game since before general support for the platform ended. Newgrounds is a trustworthy site imo though so I trust their player. I'd recommend starting with that.

slash

Jul 10, 2017
Its says collect clues but there is noting to collect and in the end i get a random number, how do i even play this game any one care to explain ?

Arkzero

Jun 4, 2021
Here's

1) Full save for last Windows version (extract and replace on Flash saves folder: usually ...username/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Flash Player, there search for the folder with the name of the game.)

2) I did a retranslation for Spanish:
-Deeper and clearer explanation on tutorial.
-Dialogs feel more natural now, also a bit more informal.
-Changes where the text was too large to fit screen space.
-Added quick mention of Asimov's laws of robotics on Soraya's quest.

Enjoy! This is my first contribution here

Reactions: Phnx and Kirin9k
Dec 11, 2018
The Vega Hunters Legacy Pack v1.1 - Mostly Complete!
D'oh! I goofed and forgot to include a couple of files. It's fixed now, so here is v1.1 of the Legacy Pack.

~If you have anything, that is missing here, please post it in this thread, so I can add it to the archive!~

Vega Hunters went through some considerable changes during its development. It wasn't just a process of adding new content with every update, but some stuff got altered or even discarded entirely.
This archive will allow you to play (almost) every version and see the differences in art, story and dialogue!
There is also a gallery for your convenience but it isn't complete. (More about that below.)

The game versions are mostly exe files. You can play them normally. A few are also available as swf files. There are also some animations in swf format.
You can open them using a standalone flash player. I have included one in the archive. Sadly, I have no apk files, except for the newest version. I couldn't find any intact download links for the older ones, sorry.

Some additional pointers about this archive:
Most updates were indeed just additive in nature. It's really not necessary to play them all, unless you like looking at sketched backgrounds and finding differences in dialogue.
The version numbering scheme is a bit confusing. It begins at V2 and continues onward to V10.5. After that, the game was overhauled completely. New protagonist, new gameplay style, a different way of progressing the story. After that, versions were numbered from 2.1 - 2.14.
I recommend you play at least versions 10.5 and 2.14 (the newest one).
Look at the changelogs.txt. to find anything else, that might interest you. Unfortunately, changes to dialogue aren't noted in the changelogs, unless it's cleaning up grammar and spelling errors.

About the gallery:
These are pictures of characters and scenes as they appear in the final version of the game, including sketches. These aren't screenshots, but pictures, that were shared by the developer on Patreon and elsewhere. This is NOT all the artwork, that can be found in the game, ONLY what the dev posted. There can be very slight differences between the pictures in the gallery and the art in the game, as sometimes last-minute changes were made between posting the preview pictures and posting updates to the game.
I would prefer it, if the gallery had all the artwork, but just taking screenshots and adding those is an unsatisfactory solution to me, for various reasons.

The folder [Lost Art] contains content, that was cut/altered at some point during development or never implemented to begin with.

~There is no official walkthrough to this game, because it's so simple and short. Read the gameplay_tips.txt, though. Otherwise, if you need help finding something or have other questions, contact me or ask the other helpful people on this forum!~

I have done one of these for Behind the Dune as well, check it out here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/behind-the-dune-v2-34-david-balsamique.128/post-7963268 (soon to be updated)

Edit: Obsolete!
Go here instead:
https://f95zone.to/threads/behind-t...egacy-packs-and-all-things-balsamique.151846/

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 12 Votes