3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
can anyone update the game for its new beta branch?
There is a 'beta' branch to test out unstable changes before pushing that build over to the default branch.

It is highly recommended that you DO NOT switch to the beta branch if you want the most stable gameplay experience (less chance of crashes / major issues)

If you are interested in testing the latest beta versions, you can now opt-in!
(right-click game in library > VentureSeas > Properties > Betas)

BETA CHANGELOG
  • Added 3 difficulty settings: Casual, Standard and Hard
  • Difficulty affects: coin + exp gain, equipment stats, starting coin & crew levels
  • Difficult can be changed in settings at any time (temporary solution)
  • Mehande can now modify various aspects of your appearance via ship explore
  • Fixed crashes due to characters wearing non-existent clothing items
  • Performed more data validation to characters on load
  • Fixed bug where crewman prospect appearances might not show on load
  • Prevented use of Guar Milk on masculine faced characters
  • Fixed inventory tabs locking in all screens after viewing the 'use a product' menu
  • Ruined Alcazar, zone 7 outro: Added comment to push player to visit Azure Oasis tavern
  • Applied progression fixes to zone 7 ruined alcazar
  • Attempted fixes for chapter 1 progression (to prevent chapter ending before boss)
  • Added some missing transitions (when a scene changes to another)
  • Fixed progression bug that can happen when visiting Nyaura brothel
  • Combat animation speed will now update without opening and closing settings menu
  • Fixed capitalization issues with outfit buttons
  • Fixed issues with abnormally high Max HP scaling
  • Fixed issues with private healthcare showing vastly incorrect values
  • Genitals no longer clip under leggings
  • Fixed helms not properly hiding, when character 'nudity' is toggled
  • Fixed facial and ear piercings showing above face masks
  • Removed errant unerased pixels on lurid vest graphic
  • Added set quantities for items which can be bought from traders
  • Added crafting recipe to convert a faulty Arquebus to a common Arquebus
  • Fixed crewman AI using 'shoot n' stab' rune incorrectly
  • Changed Emerald Slime class from [Rogue] to [Blitzer]
  • Added surrender button to combat
Does F95Zone have a policy on unstable branches/beta branches/nightly builds? Seems like replacing the downloads for the (admittedly still crashy) main branch entirely with the (supposedly less stable) beta branch might be a poor decision, but having both options available for download also seems a bit off kilter.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Does F95Zone have a policy on unstable branches/beta branches/nightly builds? Seems like replacing the downloads for the (admittedly still crashy) main branch entirely with the (supposedly less stable) beta branch might be a poor decision, but having both options available for download also seems a bit off kilter.
AFAIK if it's leaked/upload here it will be made available on the first post. If a pre-released version replace entirely a previous "stable" release on the first post, I don't know.

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
Are the sex scenes supposed to be without the mc? It says I'm boning som hermaphrodite but it's only her in the scene

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
I have a LOT of crashes during battles, it's getting really unnerving (especially since you can't save between dungeon levels unless you return to ship in which case you lose bonuses)

also for some reason my main explorer got swapped for a character i hadn't unlocked yet (the bulky lady) when i tried enter dungeon

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I have a LOT of crashes during battles, it's getting really unnerving (especially since you can't save between dungeon levels unless you return to ship in which case you lose bonuses)

also for some reason my main explorer got swapped for a character i hadn't unlocked yet (the bulky lady) when i tried enter dungeon
What gender is your player character? I suspect the developers have made some assumptions regarding gender in their encounters and events, and as a result crashes that affect some players don't affect others at all.

As for the party leader swapping, I'm assuming you just started chapter 2? That's a plot-related event and you may have missed the lead-in to that.

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
I have a male, the game crash during fights when runes are flung at each other (i have put max speed on combat, that base speed is way too slow)
My crew are field medic and hunter BTW (also i feel like the party leaer doesnt use the ruight rune when I "skip" as a marksman she should use aimed shot but instead uses a rune i don't know that shows a hand and does very little damage)

Party leader swapping : I am at the 3rd room of 1st dungeon, nowhere near end of any chapter, going back to ship and trying to get back to thedungeon fixed it (though i wad able to fight a bit with the other party leader, until it crashed (probably no deck for that character since i wasn't supposed to have her yet)

PS : regarding battle crashes i think the field medic may be bugged, she started healing enemies before crashing last time
actually went on a loop where only my crew acted without the party leader for about 10/15 actions

PPS anyone knows where the saves are located ?$

PPPS : the loop bug happens when you try to use wolf summon VS the bandit that has 2 wolf with him/her, the summon doesnt seem to work properly in that fight (the wolf doesnt appear, but it seems he is there and attacking taking your party leader's turn)

Last edited:

Joseph9999

Aug 6, 2017
I can't seem to raise anyone's affection anyone here have a full save with maxed stats
And I only got 1 scene with aurelia and I've seen screenshot of her footjob scene how can I get it?

Last edited:

stefan555

Jul 8, 2018
On linux could be used "java -jar VentureSeas.jar" command. Works native, no wine needed. Debian 10 xfce. Sure to be installed some jre from your repositories.

schneefall

Jun 17, 2019
It seems the version on the first post is outdated? The northern caverns (so basically chapter 4) are unavailable and there's no accessible progress - the beta right now is just a bugfix patch so the caverns content was already a patch ago.

Anyone know if it will be updated here soon? I would have just gotten it but I feel like having to spend a 20$ patreon tier for so many crashes/unfixed issues is a bit steep.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It seems the version on the first post is outdated? The northern caverns (so basically chapter 4) are unavailable and there's no accessible progress - the beta right now is just a bugfix patch so the caverns content was already a patch ago.

Anyone know if it will be updated here soon? I would have just gotten it but I feel like having to spend a 20$ patreon tier for so many crashes/unfixed issues is a bit steep.
As far as I can tell, the Deepmount Caverns update has yet to drop. The beta branch, per announcements, appears to still be based on Royal Summons. I know their roadmap put the general tune-up after Deepmount Caverns, but I'm fairly certain that's intended as releasing the general tune-up into the main branch rather than beta testing it.

Having poked through the unfinished/outdated deepmount caverns content left in the Royal Summons build, it's a big content update that would warrant the same level of newsposting announcements that Royal Summons got. Since I don't see said announcements, and the update has a specific name that only exists on their roadmap, I'm assuming that it's not out.

Reactions: schneefall

schneefall

Jun 17, 2019
As far as I can tell, the Deepmount Caverns update has yet to drop. The beta branch, per announcements, appears to still be based on Royal Summons. I know their roadmap put the general tune-up after Deepmount Caverns, but I'm fairly certain that's intended as releasing the general tune-up into the main branch rather than beta testing it.
Maybe I've misread it or thought it's an update when it was, in fact, something else. I was looking at the steam page which does mention the caverns and then the redirect to their changelog. I saw something there before the beta notes among the lines of "deepmount caverns now accessible" and thought they released it with the june patch.
Bummer, I like the plethora of customization, but sort of wished you could do something with it (like any actual interaction/cg with the crew or player), the northern armor also looks nice.

Thanks for the clarification!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
If I download the game now, it is the latest version ?
The stable one, it's this for now. As far as I know, two other bug fixes came out after this which are not here I think, but other than that there's the "Beta branch". Which you could say is kinda the most recent version in a certain sense, so.. yeah. No, it's not the most recent this one here, but it's the most "stable" more or less! The beta instead is unstable and probably full of crash and such, so..

Long story short: just download this in the main OP. For now.

Last edited:

niarax

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2017
I apologize for the random question but, was Mehandre's sex scene added back into the game? I played it a few months ago and they weren't anywhere to be found, not even in the debug menu, so I thought I'd check back later. She's honestly the only reason I have any interest in this game lol.

Reactions: NotVeryViolet
3.20 star(s) 27 Votes