TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
tried check on bust size and player "equipment" no crash
Tried as in directly modified some of the game's scenes to run those checks on invalid characters? There are a range of gender-specific checks that the game can run in the scene scripts, and several of those need to be prefaced with checks to ensure the player has a valid gender, since they crash if the player doesn't.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
That is a bit low, so long as you're not getting 80%+ cpu nonstop while the game is running it should not be a factor though.
I was assuming it had to do with the slow loading times and occasional loads in-game. It only started crashing after I finished the first town in the tutorial. Usually if I try to go back into the forest.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
I was assuming it had to do with the slow loading times and occasional loads in-game. It only started crashing after I finished the first town in the tutorial. Usually if I try to go back into the forest.
You got an ssd or old 5400rpm hdd?

borrowed

Feb 18, 2020
Tried as in directly modified some of the game's scenes to run those checks on invalid characters? There are a range of gender-specific checks that the game can run in the scene scripts, and several of those need to be prefaced with checks to ensure the player has a valid gender, since they crash if the player doesn't.
can you tell me specific of this crash so I can check them since tried it till end game and at lindon loretta quest finish it no bug or crash so far and tried with everything use cheat engine to buy all items modify male into having bigger breast but I still cant figure out how to make penis smaller so I can't test it out or even change sex male to female or female to male so I can't test that also my test so far checking breast enlarging the breast changing equipment or crew and whores no crash.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
can you tell me specific of this crash so I can check them since tried it till end game and at lindon loretta quest finish it no bug or crash so far and tried with everything use cheat engine to buy all items modify male into having bigger breast but I still cant figure out how to make penis smaller so I can't test it out or even change sex male to female or female to male so I can't test that also my test so far checking breast enlarging the breast changing equipment or crew and whores no crash.
Right, so. This type of crash is part of the game's scene scripts in the .tsv files embedded into the jar. It affects checks for the player and randomly generated characters (such as your crewmates on missions), and is specific to checks involving gender specific anatomy, such as bust size, dick size, etc. Some of these checks will crash if performed on a character that lacks the relevant anatomy, rather than defaulting or otherwise having a clean escape condition. In many cases through the game, the affected functions are performed without verifying in advance that the character they're being used on has the relevant part, and so if the player and their party is not comprised of an all-futa cast, the chance for a crash goes up dramatically.

As it's been a while since I last directly modded the game, I don't remember the specific functions that did it. That said, the functions involved have a few categories, such as grabbing a size descriptor for the part for use in dynamic text or grabbing a numeric size for use in scene flow. If you want to verify, the simplest way would be to crack open the game and modify one of the early scenes to run a bunch of those checks on the player and crew. The game is a java .jar container, which is literally just a renamed .zip format file. So long as you're modifying existing scenes rather than adding new ones, it's pretty self explanatory to dig into the game, find one, and modify it.

I've sworn off modding this game myself until the beta branch gets merged back into the main branch, however. Too many backend updates to be worth redoing the level of changes I prefer to add until things stabilize.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Run task manager or hwinfo while loading the game windowed & see if anything is hitting 100%.
Physical memory is in the 90s, while cpu usage is usually in the tens at most. Strangely, although the loading was still goofy, in-game as well, I did manage to play the game without crashing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Physical memory is in the 90s, while cpu usage is usually in the tens at most. Straneglyl, although the loading was still goofy, in-game as well, I did manage to play the game without crashing.
Your issue is limited ram then.

Oct 17, 2017
idk why i liked this game so much considering i only saw 1 proper sex scene and wasted 2-3 hours on same dungeon still i was quite enjoying it BUT there is so many random crashes LOL

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
is the game supposed to randomly crash?
Nope, but it common by the previous posts. Just remember to save often and avoid certain things. I think one of the issues has to do with checking things about your character, so futa I heard has less crashes. My advice is don't click too fast during the dungeons so it doesn't crash while loading something.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Nope, but it common by the previous posts. Just remember to save often and avoid certain things. I think one of the issues has to do with checking things about your character, so futa I heard has less crashes. My advice is don't click too fast during the dungeons so it doesn't crash while loading something.
Can affect crewmates too. On older builds I never ran into crashes while running a futa player with all futa crew, but any other combination resulted in occasional crashes.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I gave this a try because it had futa tag but I am disapointed that the first scene with whom ever that npc or was she a goddess or an angel her sexual scene is blanked out so you don't know what she or this scene is but other scenes don't blank out like the first scene the first scene is forced yet worthless seeing that it don't show no sex only her nudity but in my opinion as for a pirate or ship sailing exploration game I would pick pillars of eternity royal deadfire before I'd play this again it's more fun just without the nudity and sexual content still more fun then this.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
The very first mission in the forest I got the goal "less 12 room movements made" if rooms means spaces/squares then that is impossible there are more spaces/squares in both pathes to the camp fire icon the goals are a bit rediculouse anyone know how to complete this impossible goal?

• Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO
3.20 star(s) 27 Votes