3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Why do so many devs have an aversion to text-boxes and also not even having the option for them in the menu?

This isn't fun to look at;
View attachment 680068
I get what you mean. Before, there was a text box (in every image) but people complained to me that 25% of the images was invisible unless you pushed H every time. So I found a rather simple solution to get rid of those text boxes. My knowledge of coding is simply not advanced enough yet to make everybody happy :oops:.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I get what you mean. Before, there was a text box (in every image) but people complained to me that 25% of the images was invisible unless you pushed H every time. So I found a rather simple solution to get rid of those text boxes. My knowledge of coding is simply not advanced enough yet to make everybody happy :oops:.

I don't know off the top of my head how to include it, but its possible to have a text box option in the menu, even to allow choosing opacity.

another option may be in allowing/enabling choosing text colour, though I'd rather just have optional text boxes, that way people who like them can have them and people who don't can disable them.

Now that I've just finished the current content, I'll add that over-all the VN so far has a good start, though I think it'll become more interesting if/when some more choices or story path interactivity becomes available.
That might just be personal preference though as I'm usually less of a fan of kinetic VNs and I rather have some ability to influence encounters and outcomes.

Best of luck with it all.

Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I don't know off the top of my head how to include it, but its possible to have a text box option in the menu, even to allow choosing opacity.

another option may be in allowing/enabling choosing text colour, though I'd rather just have optional text boxes, that way people who like them can have them and people who don't can disable them.

Best of luck with it all.
I know it's possible, I've seen it in other games too. Finding out how it works might take me anything between a few hours to a couple of days, if I can get it working at all. I'll do that when I have time for it which, unfortunately, is not now :oops: .

Thanks for your feedback, it is really helpful and encouraging.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Just started this game. Looks interesting so far. :)

Buuut....i ran into kind of a bug at the second choice:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Attached the corrected script. Just unpack into "game"-folder

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Thanks!

I am aware of this bug, by the way. I discovered it one or two episodes later. The reason why I didn't change it already is that changing point settings wil cause failures in safes that are made after that point in the game. Or so I'm told. People would have to replay the game to get those points anyway. So I made a note to myself that I can't use these points for decisions later on. It's no big deal, I can work my way around it.

Just started this game. Looks interesting so far. :)

Buuut....i ran into kind of a bug at the second choice:

Attached the corrected script. Just unpack into "game"-folder

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
I think you could easily achieve better legibility by just increasing the outline weight in your code to outlineAmount = 3 or something. Simple fix. Custom colors won't solve it, since they will contrast against certain background but not others. But having a menu option for text-box visibility isn't a bad idea if you want to give players the choice.

Thanks!

I am aware of this bug, by the way. I discovered it one or two episodes later. The reason why I didn't change it already is that changing point settings wil cause failures in safes that are made after that point in the game. Or so I'm told. People would have to replay the game to get those points anyway. So I made a note to myself that I can't use these points for decisions later on. It's no big deal, I can work my way around it.
I wouldn't be too worried about people's saves on a beta, Rico. It's part of the process. It's great that you care to not disrupt player's experiences, but i think they'd rather know they're getting the absolute best story you can develop. Would be a shame to let that little bug hinder that outcome.

Last edited:

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I think you could easily achieve better legibility by just increasing the outline weight in your code to outlineAmount = 3 or something. Simple fix. Custom colors won't solve it, since they will contrast against certain background but not others. But having a menu option for text-box visibility isn't a bad idea if you want to give players the choice.
Thanks, excellent suggestion... I think. If only I had a clue what you mean :oops:. I think you highly overestimate my coding capabilities. I simply used a script that was made by Penfold Mole to get rid of the bog standard Ren'py text box that I found even more annoying. It should be reversable easily by removing that script, but I'll have to look up how exactly.

I very well may try and make my own custom text boxes one day, including an option to turn them on or off whenever you like, but that'll have to wait. I need to know a lot more about coding first to be able to do that.

I wouldn't be too worried about people's saves on a beta, Rico. It's part of the process. It's great that you care to not disrupt player's experiences, but i think they'd rather know they're getting the absolute best story you can develop. Would be a shame to let that little bug hinder that outcome.
Like I said, it's no big deal. To me, writing is like making a long road trip from the Netherlands, where I live, to Rome. Very early on, I missed to take a turn at a junction and I noticed only after an hour or so driving. Instead of turning around and going back to that junction, I took a turn left at the next to get back on track. No one would have noticed, unless you looked into the code. Not everything in my story is planned at the beginning, except the destination and a few stops on the way. There are many roads that lead to Rome, and the fun thing about writing is that I can create them myself. :)

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Thanks, excellent suggestion... I think. If only I had a clue what you mean :oops:.
I've only dabbled a bit in Python and i'm not familiar at all with Ren'Py. But as far as i can tell the value seems to be stored in \Game\gui.rpy in line 98. Changing the outlines absolute value to 4 gives you this result:
Like I said, it's no big deal. To me, writing is like making a long road trip from the Netherlands, where I live, to Rome. Very early on, I missed to take a turn at a junction and I noticed only after an hour or so driving. Instead of turning around and going back to that junction, I took a turn left at the next to get back on track. No one would have noticed, unless you looked into the code. Not everything in my story is planned at the beginning, except the destination and a few stops on the way. There are many roads that lead to Rome, and the fun thing about writing is that I can create them myself. :)
Very poetic view of writing. If you turn left too late and end up in Portugal, give me a call and we'll grab an Heineken.

PS: I've just been reading some of the older posts on this thread. Very sad to hear about your recent loss, Rico. My condolences. Wish you the best and hope the bad news came after a geweldige Koningsdag.

Last edited:

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I've only dabbled a bit in Python and i'm not familiar at all with Ren'Py. But as far as i can tell the value seems to be stored in \Game\gui.rpy in line 98. Changing the outlines absolute value to 4 gives you this result:
If it's that simple, I'll give it a try.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
*** UPDATED POST 2020-NOV-14 ***

Traducción al español - v0.7.1

Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original y luego descargar y extraer la carpeta "game" del parche y pegarla dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego, reemplazando todo si os pregunta.

---
Spanish translation - v0.7.1

As always, you have to download and install the original game, then download and extract the "game" folder from the patch and copypaste it into the same folder you've installed the game, replacing all when asked. A changing language option will appear in the Preferences menu

Download link / Link de descarga:

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Just finished 5.1. I have some mixed feelings.

I know exposition has to happen somewhere, but it felt like the vast majority of this update was exposition. I kept waiting for more to happen.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I really liked Gerti's old look. I thought she was a breath of fresh air compared to most models you see in these games, not to mention that girls in glasses are hot. It's up to the dev, but I'm hoping she'll go back to her old look.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Just finished 5.1. I have some mixed feelings.

I know exposition has to happen somewhere, but it felt like the vast majority of this update was exposition. I kept waiting for more to happen.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I really liked Gerti's old look. I thought she was a breath of fresh air compared to most models you see in these games, not to mention that girls in glasses are hot. It's up to the dev, but I'm hoping she'll go back to her old look.
It looks like you won't have to wait for long, because episode 6 is almost there. It's there already for my few Patreon supporters. In this episode you will see what I have in mind with Gerti's looks. To reassure any of you: she won't get bigger boobs :) .

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Havent tried this yet but so basicly the mc starts as an spectator following the girls and eventually meet them or ?

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
As for me, this game is the real definition of NTR.
First you choose a name for your character, and then you have to watch as two whores fuck with everything they can. Seriously?
I can understand that some people prefer "used" girls and choose them as their lifemates, but no one, I think, asks them to show a video of how rich their sex life was in the past. And here you are forced to be a real cuckold.
What the point in this observer, who we are forced to play? To tell these sluts to fuck off and eat some shit when we meet?

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes