desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What is the calculation for win/loss in battle? How come I lose encounter battles sometimes even though I take zero damage and do a lot of damage to them.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
What is the calculation for win/loss in battle? How come I lose encounter battles sometimes even though I take zero damage and do a lot of damage to them.
It entirely depends on the Red - Blue bar, if you have more Blue then Red at the end you Win.
That means if you have 1 vs 3 even if you heavily damage with no losses the bar might still be stacked in the enemy's favor.
It only matters if you are grinding for resources.
You might want to have another unit on standby if you have heavily trafficked area even if the unit is weaker just to make up the numbers as long as it survives.
Or you just hit them with your Combat units, you can set up a encounter battle even with Combat units by clicking the +T thing next to the Sword/Attack icon. This is useful if you want to keep grinding them and not destroy them. It will also free up the deployed unit that can engage another unit that moves.

Now for a Mini-Guide on how to farm efficiently:
There are two types of farming, your Resource Grinders and your Finishers.
Resources Grinding as you might have already realized slowly grinds armies with victory after victory preferably with multiple units occupied at the same time and then you let them go to heal on the ground level and do it all over again.

The Finishers are for Arcana, Treasure Hunt and Ores that you can only get after you kill the enemy.
Ideally you want them on Cradles or Mines.
Good places to put them is on the exit or entrance to the next floor or on your first floor for the retreated enemies. You want to kill them so put your hard hitters or occupy them until you hit them with your Combat Units, there is no point in wasting turns if they are not on resource rooms, consequently there is no reason to kill them if they are on resource rooms other then hitting them with a Treasure Hunt army when you are running out of time and don't want to wait.

From my observation Treasure Hunt and Arcana drops follow a similar logic to Hollow.

https://f95zone.to/threads/venusblo...v1-0-3-ninetail-dual-tail.100855/post-7548518

That means if it works similar to Tactica you need at least ~4 Treasure Hunt or at least 1 on Hard Difficulty for the Army you put on Cradle to not waste your chances. And the more Treasure Hunt you have the better your chances to get the Rare Arcana.
You also ideally want to hit them with only your Treasure Hunt Army when there are more units around to maximize Arcana chances and Rarity.

For Ores the opposite is true where you want to hit them with as many armies that have Ore Drop Skill to maximize the value of the Mine.
For Treasure Hunt it only depends on the maximum value of your Treasure Hunt Division and the overall Quality of the enemy army and Numbers defeated.
An interesting case here is the Quetzalcoatl battle in chapter 2, the drops you get from the 2 extra divisions the enemy has is based on the "Quality" of the Quetzalcoatl division even if you are unlikely to actually kill him.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmosome

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
It entirely depends on the Red - Blue bar, if you have more Blue then Red at the end you Win.
That means if you have 1 vs 3 even if you heavily damage with no losses the bar might still be stacked in the enemy's favor.
It only matters if you are grinding for resources.
You might want to have another unit on standby if you have heavily trafficked area even if the unit is weaker just to make up the numbers as long as it survives.
Or you just hit them with your Combat units, you can set up a encounter battle even with Combat units by clicking the +T thing next to the Sword/Attack icon. This is useful if you want to keep grinding them and not destroy them. It will also free up the deployed unit that can engage another unit that moves.

Now for a Mini-Guide on how to farm efficiently:
There are two types of farming, your Resource Grinders and your Finishers.
Resources Grinding as you might have already realized slowly grinds armies with victory after victory preferably with multiple units occupied at the same time and then you let them go to heal on the ground level and do it all over again.

The Finishers are for Arcana, Treasure Hunt and Ores that you can only get after you kill the enemy.
Ideally you want them on Cradles or Mines.
Good places to put them is on the exit or entrance to the next floor or on your first floor for the retreated enemies. You want to kill them so put your hard hitters or occupy them until you hit them with your Combat Units, there is no point in wasting turns if they are not on resource rooms, consequently there is no reason to kill them if they are on resource rooms other then hitting them with a Treasure Hunt army when you are running out of time and don't want to wait.

From my observation Treasure Hunt and Arcana drops follow a similar logic to Hollow.

https://f95zone.to/threads/venusblo...v1-0-3-ninetail-dual-tail.100855/post-7548518

That means if it works similar to Tactica you need at least ~4 Treasure Hunt or at least 1 on Hard Difficulty for the Army you put on Cradle to not waste your chances. And the more Treasure Hunt you have the better your chances to get the Rare Arcana.
You also ideally want to hit them with only your Treasure Hunt Army when there are more units around to maximize Arcana chances and Rarity.

For Ores the opposite is true where you want to hit them with as many armies that have Ore Drop Skill to maximize the value of the Mine.
For Treasure Hunt it only depends on the maximum value of your Treasure Hunt Division and the overall Quality of the enemy army and Numbers defeated.
An interesting case here is the Quetzalcoatl battle in chapter 2, the drops you get from the 2 extra divisions the enemy has is based on the "Quality" of the Quetzalcoatl division even if you are unlikely to actually kill him.
How hard is it to manipulate the enemy, leaving them at low hp? I have only played the tutorial so far and those available squads were sometimes already strong enough to kill the enemies

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Max-Power Attack: More DMG done by attacks & taken by counters. Lowers reduction to DMG done by user (based on
HP)(max75).

I knew about the first part, but what is the second part of this skill description talking about?
Based on this wiki it seems it has something to do with the damage reduction when you are low on health.

If the unit is for example at 1 current HP but had 400 at the start of the battle then with that skill you would effectively have 300 HP?
Or maybe it's the reverse? but you aren't doing much damage at low HP so I think it's likely that it's a kind of "berserk" skill when units are at low health.
If you start the battle at 1 HP it isn't going to matter either way.
Other then that if you have 300% that is 1+3 times the damage similar to Counter Amp except Counter's have a inherent 1/3 multiplier.
How hard is it to manipulate the enemy, leaving them at low hp? I have only played the tutorial so far and those available squads were sometimes already strong enough to kill the enemies
It really depends on the squad, if you use mostly Tanks with Counter Amp then obviously their own Guards with Defense Only isn't going to attack you.
Counter Amp is also useful against multiple squads since they kill themselves, especially if you add a Range Null.

Last edited:

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
sooo there's a hint telling me that if I dismiss someone loyal and replace it something something then that unit becomes more powerful? I don't even get it. maybe if I remove them and replace someone much stronger, sure. but other than that it sounds like the typical "remove the weak, replace it with strong". does that hint really need to exist? or am I missing something really bad?

also just on chapter 2 and I already removed all the starter level 1 units

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017

after repeating from the start for about 10 times... i win stage 3.... ill switch to easy if i dont have the means to win

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Hmmm...the japanese wiki doesn't have any comments on what title to give to the elf siblings. I wonder is it because they suck in higher difficulty.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
sooo there's a hint telling me that if I dismiss someone loyal and replace it something something then that unit becomes more powerful? I don't even get it. maybe if I remove them and replace someone much stronger, sure. but other than that it sounds like the typical "remove the weak, replace it with strong". does that hint really need to exist? or am I missing something really bad?
Loyalty becomes Triumph which increases your stats when you rebirth them.

also just on chapter 2 and I already removed all the starter level 1 units
Don't do that! They are mostly useless and disposable and not worth the egg slot to rebirth them.

Nov 14, 2019
The usual strategy is to hit them with a battalion(multiple armies) when alone, especially useful on armies that heavily sap your own.
You have some control how you engage them, but they tend to be at the bottom that are defended from engagement by the above ones.
Millia also has low health in the early chapters so you can one shot her with Lala.

You can farm some arcana by grind some armies on choke points until they return to ground to heal and then build a cradle on the first entrance. You want to farm anyway(slow grind on resource rooms) so this is further recycling.
You also want to hit more armies with fewer of your own so have some delaying armies deployed and than destroy it with a treasure hunt army in combat.
The more difference between your army and theirs the more cards you get, the more treasure hunt the rarer the cards as long as they are unlocked.

Is it me or is Spell Barrier bugged? Doesn't show in division effects.

Ty for advice. I finish the easy mode and i guess im not gonna touch the normal. The reason is unlike hollow there is time limit of the turn. So the stalling tactic in hollow doenst work here.

and im lose fighting again Angel Milia Seriously what the hell with that 300 evade

so yeah this game is not for me.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
man I wish there's someone to tell me I should farm gold more than anything. the build upgrades are just simply amazing and it extends the floors aka more room for passives.

gold will never lose usefulness because items. but ehh, this is just my second run. did not even went past chapter 2 on first run. I knew I was BAD.
Don't do that! They are mostly useless and disposable and not worth the egg slot to rebirth them.
I was referring to the "eggless" ones. already removed them despite only have 6 squads.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Finally got 20 keys. Looks like they nerfed the Key of Destiny units. Most of the heroes were S growth before, but now they all seem to be A or less.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes