baalshazar

Nov 22, 2018
Anyone got a cheat engine table for this? I just want all the resources so I can customize my dungeon atleast for right now.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
that said, this UI is extremely awful. why can't I do this multiple times in one turn for one? why can't I choose how many squads I get to fight vs how many do I send? and lastly that hint is very very awful. god I'm skipping the gameplay.
You can control how many enemy squads you engage based on the Battalion Setting in top right corner on the map.
The problem is that also controls the individual engagement for the deployed squads so it is a trade off otherwise you would hit them with full battalions all the time.

You need to save 20 keys of destiny and use them all at once with x20 button. That's how you pull the good stuff. 10x keys gets you intermediate stuff, but it's better to save to 20. 1x and 4x pulls are worthless.
The early keys are good for fodder that do not take up an egg slot, 4x you can also get an early Mimic.
10x or 20x is for when you want to get the powerful unique units.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
is there any point in buying ether core at the last level of the dungeon? what does "increase total dungeon hp" even mean when it doesn't increase the hp of other rooms?

doctahmasta

Oct 9, 2021
is there any point in buying ether core at the last level of the dungeon? what does "increase total dungeon hp" even mean when it doesn't increase the hp of other rooms?
I think it's a just in case measure if:
a) Enemy reach the last room
b) You get bombarded by attack from the surface

doctahmasta

Oct 9, 2021
I can't seem to get these extra units:
Milia (Sorcerous Angel)
Lulu (Faceless Reaper)
Esteria (Avatar Mother)
Teria (Pure Sinister Dragon)

Does anyone have any idea which route I need to finish? I've finished Law route (normal, Vanilla End) + Chaos Route Utopia End.

doctahmasta

Oct 9, 2021
By the way, just some tips for beginners:

1. Play the tutorial first, many of your questions can be answered there.
  2. Commonly, all squads must have at least one Guard (Shield Icon) and Healer (Skill: Division Heal, Demon Medic, Equitable Heal)
  3. Recruit competent DPS as soon as you can. Horse Musketeer and Dragon Knight are plenty strong in the first few stages since they have Sap Flying and Slay Flying. Very Useful when you have to contend against Milia's dragon knight squad. Incubus is quite powerful as well since it has double Slay Woman and Sap woman.
  4. Invest in buildings as soon as you can, it will unlock more buildings and even a new floor.
  5. Don't underestimate traps like Beast Graveyard and Jail. They can stop and weaken enemies by a lot.
  6. Build your squad around one theme. For example, you can build Man squad with Rein as its leader, or you can build a Night squad with Ether Wisp as its leader.
  7. Don't forget to equip items.
  8. Change your tactics. All of your squad has [Attack] tactics by default, surprisingly, for this game, [Defense] tactics is way more useful. My divisions got wiped out more often when I haven't changed the tactics to [Defense]
  9. Forward guard is the ultimate guard skill. If you don't know, the skill Range Attack and Flank Attack make your enemy attack bypass the Guard unit. The only way to reliably guard against those is using Forward Guard. The normal tactic is by placing either unit with the lowest level or the lowest defense in front of Guard with Forward Guard.

image_2023-08-08_214520731.png

Reactions: thanboxay

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
well i play venus blood frontier before and must say destiny key in this game much more useful, especially some unique unit can only be summoned!

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
I can't seem to get these extra units:
Milia (Sorcerous Angel)
Lulu (Faceless Reaper)
Esteria (Avatar Mother)
Teria (Pure Sinister Dragon)

Does anyone have any idea which route I need to finish? I've finished Law route (normal, Vanilla End) + Chaos Route Utopia End.
those unit come from chaos route with law+chaos over 50 if i correct. this can make you have a choice "..." in a scene kill titie, which make u fight socerous angel afterward.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
question, what buildings don't actually require you to kill enemies in that area for you to get their bonuses?

I suspect demon/dragon room to be one of this, since you can only build them once.

Last edited:

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
question, what buildings don't actually require you to kill enemies in that area for you to get their bonuses?

I suspect demon/dragon room to be one of this, since you can only build them once.
demon/dragon REQUIRE you have to kill enemy in that room to have bonus, this also the same with colliseum, bio lab, mine if translate correct(small confuse with mine only).
production like: food storage, laboratory, treasure vault, magic circle require kill in same level to have bonus or same room to have bigger bonus.
to be more detail , "upon kill" mean in that room ,

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
By the way, just some tips for beginners:

1. Play the tutorial first, many of your questions can be answered there.
  2. Commonly, all squads must have at least one Guard (Shield Icon) and Healer (Skill: Division Heal, Demon Medic, Equitable Heal)
  3. Recruit competent DPS as soon as you can. Horse Musketeer and Dragon Knight are plenty strong in the first few stages since they have Sap Flying and Slay Flying. Very Useful when you have to contend against Milia's dragon knight squad. Incubus is quite powerful as well since it has double Slay Woman and Sap woman.
  4. Invest in buildings as soon as you can, it will unlock more buildings and even a new floor.
  5. Don't underestimate traps like Beast Graveyard and Jail. They can stop and weaken enemies by a lot.
  6. Build your squad around one theme. For example, you can build Man squad with Rein as its leader, or you can build a Night squad with Ether Wisp as its leader.
  7. Don't forget to equip items.
  8. Change your tactics. All of your squad has [Attack] tactics by default, surprisingly, for this game, [Defense] tactics is way more useful. My divisions got wiped out more often when I haven't changed the tactics to [Defense]
  9. Forward guard is the ultimate guard skill. If you don't know, the skill Range Attack and Flank Attack make your enemy attack bypass the Guard unit. The only way to reliably guard against those is using Forward Guard. The normal tactic is by placing either unit with the lowest level or the lowest defense in front of Guard with Forward Guard.

View attachment 2836497
Those are good tips for beginners starting out.

For ultimate late game set ups (for higher difficulty berserk), you need to set up evasion units to dodge dimension slash. That means an evasion decoy, or using defenders that can get high evasion along with the usual tanking skills. Evasion decoy teams will require flank null. Evasion decoy means having the lowest HP x Def unit in slot 2 with 100+ evasion so ramged attacks and dimension slash targets the decoy, and having the 2nd squishiest unit in slot 6 guarded by the defender on slot 1 with forward guard or target miss.

Another significant mechanic is that barrier skills are multiplicative on different units but additive on a single unit. This means reaching 100 barrier on a single unit gives you immunity, but having it across multiple different units won't.

So a perfectly set up division consists of cross+all null, flank null, evasion decoy/tank, a tank unit with 100 slayer def and 90 hardy physique, 100 self destruct and 100 spell barrier, absolute cure, and enough healing. If possible, resist ailment or dauntless on the tank to block charmed. One sweeper with all/cross attack. And one heavy hitter that attacks in melee with high crit rate to bypass parry and enough defenses (counter res, slayer def, hardy) to survive counter attacks. After all that, it doesn't hurt to get some ambush alert to prevent massive shifts in formation (4+ shifts) that messes up the entire set up.

That's all super end game stuff though.

Last edited:

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
20? seriously? there's no way you could get 20 in chapter 4.

btw i need explanation on this. which of the units here are good on front/back/both?

View attachment 2835772
A units role is defined primarily by what skills they have though a general guideline is that the shielders are primarily guarders, orbs are supporters, mace are aoe berserkers (high attack, low defense) archers focus on avoiding direct combat with ranged attack and flank attack (iffy on this description), lancers focus on slaying either one or a few units at once (wide atk, pierce), and sabers generally focus on killing only one target at a time. There will be exceptions to this general guideline depending on a unit's natural skills and what you slot them with, but these are the tendencies I've noticed. Also something to note are class advantages (1.5x damage boost against advantaged class), the order goes mace>shield>orb>archer>lancer>saber>mace, bascically, the class eats the class above and is eaten by the class below.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
It's there so that you can tank some shots from bombardment when you have other things to worry about like taking care of a nasty commander with your battalion.

demon/dragon REQUIRE you have to kill enemy in that room to have bonus, this also the same with colliseum, bio lab, mine if translate correct(small confuse with mine only).
production like: food storage, laboratory, treasure vault, magic circle require kill in same level to have bonus or same room to have bigger bonus.
to be more detail , "upon kill" mean in that room ,
Pretty sure it works like the other resource rooms that you only need Victory not to completely destroy them.
You only need actual kills for the Arcana and Ores. Loyalty might also be different.
Not sure about Colosseum but I think is similar since Training Room works that way.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
It's there so that you can tank some shots from bombardment when you have other things to worry about like taking care of a nasty commander with your battalion.

Pretty sure it works like the other resource rooms that you only need Victory not to completely destroy them.
You only need actual kills for the Arcana and Ores. Loyalty might also be different.
Not sure about Colosseum but I think is similar since Training Room works that way.
If loyalty and triumph work here like it does in Frontier and Hollow, then you only need the game to count your battles as victories for the triumph to increase.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
If loyalty and triumph work here like it does in Frontier and Hollow, then you only need the game to count your battles as victories for the triumph to increase.
I mean I am not sure how the demon/dragon throne room bonus works for loyalty.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
: units/arcanas/items filters; hotkeys; skills tooltip, leader change, no units limit like in Hollow
OMG you mad lad. Are you the one that did the UI mod on HOLLOW as well?

Damn, I was just praying for a search function mod, but you added so many QOL features that I didn't even consider. Thank you.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes