desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, I'm getting major decision paralysis on NG+ turn 1 lol. I got all the Mikos back after losing them on my first Chaos run. And some really strong Hero units are unlocked for birthing. Too many possibilities on division formations. It's like 4D tetris.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Does anyone know the calculation for critical?

Specifically, how does Deadly resist work? Is 100 deadly resist immune to critical hits, or can creatures with immense crit rate bypass this?

Untitled.png

Look at this bitch lol. Isn't she pretty much immune to every attack if you put her on leader? You just need to overstack evasion so that enemies with ranged/dimension + high flank can't hit her. Well, as long as 100 deadly makes her immune to crits. There is a claw that gives 25 parry + 25 evasion. Put more evasion from titles, and you got a super tank.

Last edited:

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019

Specifically, how does Deadly resist work? Is 100 deadly resist immune to critical hits, or can creatures with immense crit rate bypass this?

View attachment 2838541

Look at this bitch lol. Isn't she pretty much immune to every attack if you put her on leader? You just need to overstack evasion so that enemies with ranged/dimension + high flank can't hit her. Well, as long as 100 deadly makes her immune to crits. There is a claw that gives 25 parry + 25 evasion. Put more evasion from titles, and you got a super tank.
probably not what you expect, also when choose leader,i prefer someone with boots,command or sap skill.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016

View attachment 2838541

Deadly Resist is a simple subtraction on Critical Boost.
You still get some crit based on Speed.
And it has Nocturnal so it is incredibly weak in Daylight, I recommend Day Attunement.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
at what chapter did you guys removed theo's original crew (ether wisp, little whisper etc?)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Deadly Resist is a simple subtraction on Critical Boost.
You still get some crit based on Speed.
And it has Nocturnal so it is incredibly weak in Daylight, I recommend Day Attunement.
Yea, I read through the HOLLOW thread to find the discussion on parry tanks. Deadly resist will subtract from crit rate, but extremely few unit can surpass such high deadly resist, at least in HOLLOW. She is extremely weak regardless and doesn't rely on defense to tank, so day attuned wouldn't matter. Give her an evasion and deadly resist title to overstack it just in case, and she should be pretty much invulnerable unless there is an enemy that has unimaginably high speed and crit boost.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
She is extremely weak regardless and doesn't rely on defense to tank, so day attuned wouldn't matter. Give her an evasion and deadly resist title to overstack it just in case, and she should be pretty much invulnerable unless there is an enemy that has unimaginably high speed and crit boost.
The problem is precisely that Nocturne will negatively affect her speed in Daytime.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The problem is precisely that Nocturne will negatively affect her speed in Daytime.
Losing all her speed will lead to less decrease in crit protection than losing 25 extra deadly resist from a title.

From Hollow thread.
Crit % = sqrt(atk Speed) * 3 - sqrt(def Speed) + atk Critical Boost - def Deadly Resist

Noel's Speed will usually fluctuate between 150~200, depending on how many boosts are stacked onto her. The difference between 150 and 200 Speed is less than 2% crit reduction, so it's not a huge factor. It's worth noting that if Noel's Speed gets reduced from 150 to 1, she loses ~11% crit reduction.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
: units/arcanas/items filters; hotkeys; skills tooltip, leader change, no units limit like in Hollow
Bug reports.

When you swap tabs, like from birthing/formation/items, it sometimes hangs with the search box remaining on screen. It resolves itself if you click somewhere on the screen.

When you click on the small portrait to switch between mothers in the birthing screen, the game crashes if you don't have any mothers who have remaining slots to give birth.

Small suggestion for the search fields. Adding a small (x) you can click to remove the search term without having to delete it using the keyboard would be quite convenient.

Last edited:

hilih--

May 22, 2019
UI Mod updated to
  • fixed ice and undead icons in filters
  • fixed crash on dismissing units from the Formation screen
  • fixed crash on toggle mother in the Birth screen in specific conditions
  • fixed white square border on the top left corner of the Equipment screen
I got one suggestion, but I'm not sure if it's technically possible. It would be nice if there was a better UI for title selection. At the very least, it would be nice if we can see what stats the titles gives and then either confirm it or pick something else. It would be even better if we could actually see the whole skill set of the unit so we can better decide which title fits the best.

Right now, there is so much save loading to pick the title, and for the NG+ titles, you can't even save during it.
I'll check it, but cannot promise anything.

When you swap tabs, like from birthing/formation/items, it sometimes hangs with the search box remaining on screen. It resolves itself if you click somewhere on the screen.
Ok.

When you click on the small portrait to switch between mothers in the birthing screen, the game crashes if you don't have any mothers who have remaining slots to give birth.
Should be fixed already.

Small suggestion for the search fields. Adding a small (x) you can click to remove the search term without having to delete it using the keyboard would be quite convenient.
Ok.

Reactions: desmosome

nyleva

Aug 19, 2020
Yea, I read through the HOLLOW thread to find the discussion on parry tanks. Deadly resist will subtract from crit rate, but extremely few unit can surpass such high deadly resist, at least in HOLLOW. She is extremely weak regardless and doesn't rely on defense to tank, so day attuned wouldn't matter. Give her an evasion and deadly resist title to overstack it just in case, and she should be pretty much invulnerable unless there is an enemy that has unimaginably high speed and crit boost.
There's a minimum 5% chance to crit regardless of any other factors. Not really a big deal on easier difficulties, but when every enemy starts getting added attack and group attack...

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There's a minimum 5% chance to crit regardless of any other factors. Not really a big deal on easier difficulties, but when every enemy starts getting added attack and group attack...
Is that right? That would be bad if she gets one shotted in high difficulty or something lol.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
what am I doing wrong?

the top screenshot is before I dismissed this unit. the bottom is after dismissing and re-recruiting it again. the stats are lowered (which is probably because I didn't rebirth it at the best time) but other than that, only triumph changed. what's the point of re-rebirthing them again?

1691656273317.png

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
what am I doing wrong?

the top screenshot is before I dismissed this unit. the bottom is after dismissing and re-recruiting it again. the stats are lowered (which is probably because I didn't rebirth it at the best time) but other than that, only triumph changed. what's the point of re-rebirthing them again?

View attachment 2840876
Dude, the top screen clearly still has weapons equipped. That's why the stats look like the same or even lowered.

Reactions: DuniX

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
Dude, the top screen clearly still has weapons equipped. That's why the stats look like the same or even lowered.
...that doesn't answer the question. literally what's the point of rebirthing them again when I could just get stronger (more costly) units?

• Angry
Reactions: gervid

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
...that doesn't answer the question. literally what's the point of rebirthing them again when I could just get stronger (more costly) units?
Costly units have lower Growth Rate, meaning you can't use the more powerful Arcana Cards and lower Level Cap.
Besides it's the overall team composition that matters, not the individual, you shouldn't birth useless units from the start.
And many units have niche uses based on equipment that you can find.

• Red Heart
Reactions: gervid
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes