kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
isn't mine just makes bounty hunter skills yield double? ie - you kill stuff in the room. bounty hunter procks twice. at least that how i have read that room. never bothered to actually build
yeah eng sub just say double effect when in the room so i have to confirm way to farm ore effective.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Wow Very Hard for the second run is a big jump from Normal. I didn't have much trouble with this progression in Hollow but maybe I will lose this run lol.

Aug 22, 2017
I'm aware of the surface forces mechanic. The shelling type enemies too. What slipped my mind is the fact that they apparently affect the core. I'm not even sure if that chapter 3 tutorial actually says that they can damage the core, so they should be a priority in taking out. In fact, what I do explicitly remember is said chapter 3 tutorial saying that dealing with surface force enemies are optional, and its up to you whether you pursue them or not.

For something that can potentially cause an instant game over, you'd think they'd at least try to sell it with more urgency.

But the shelling type enemies don't appear every stage. And more often than not, it's some kind of backup/buffing/debuff type. And for the times they do appear, they were nowhere near as deadly as they were in that late game mission.
Difficulty spikes are a thing yes, and it was my fault for forgetting that they affect the core. But come on, there should be a more natural transition between "this is a mechanic that inconveniences your base and slowly chips away at the health of the rooms" to "if you don't kill this ASAP, you're gonna get an instant game over".

The game has so many stuff going on all at once, so your attention tends to get focused only on certain aspects. In fact, they actually do warn about stuff you can potentially overlook. For example, the game actually warns you if you're about to reach turn limit. But there is no indicator for something more common like your core taking damage/going critical. And hell, I can do without warnings like that too. But at least tell me why I got a game over. "Allied forces routed!" "Turn limit reached!" "Ether Core destroyed!". A simple prompt like that would've done plenty. Don't just abruptly cut to a black game over screen man.
For the record, if you play the tutorial it actually does state there that the shelling affects the ether core and you need to kill them asap or youll lose.

I still agree that a pop up message saying the source of the game over would be a good idea to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Reactions: DuniX

Aloise

Feb 7, 2022
i just trying to finish it on hard during the first playthrought... few chapters at the start were pain, now in chapter 8, smooth sailing so far
building trap rooms and stail units there (put strong units in matching rooms really helps). So far only once intruders breached past 1st floor
You never have enough gold - and rebuild room way cheaper than heal units
Attack squad with mimic "leader" getting all ore what i need for crafting equipment (and i convert some ore into blank cards)
main problem - always low on arcana/blank cards to build new units. Tried to play with farming on lab with 3x bio lab - but each lab after chap 5 getting insta demolished.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The annoying thing about this game is that making your deployed division too strong leads to damage to that room. Because if they wipe out the enemy, there is an open space for another enemy to move into, and your units can only fight once per turn, so they just hit the room even when you have 3 units there. It's kinda dumb how that works.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
what am I doing wrong?

the top screenshot is before I dismissed this unit. the bottom is after dismissing and re-recruiting it again. the stats are lowered (which is probably because I didn't rebirth it at the best time) but other than that, only triumph changed. what's the point of re-rebirthing them again?

View attachment 2840876
dunno how you manage this, aside from weapons being equiped. but here's how triumphing units actually works especially those that you have from the start and that have arcana slots.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What's the difference between true chaos and normal chaos?

Do you need 18+18 law and chaos by chapter 6 or whatever to get the true routes? I had super high chaos and less than 18 law, but I did have enough total to pick the "..." option and fight Angel Milia. The ending was basically a tentacle orgy. Is that the normal chaos ending?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
isn't mine just makes bounty hunter skills yield double? ie - you kill stuff in the room. bounty hunter procks twice. at least that how i have read that room. never bothered to actually build
yeah eng sub just say double effect when in the room so i have to confirm way to farm ore effective.
It works like the Bio Lab, I get a lot of cards if I fight multiple with my treasure hunting team but not much if I don't have treasure hunt.
You get better chances for Tier 7 and 8 ores but it does not double them when you get them.
main problem - always low on arcana/blank cards to build new units. Tried to play with farming on lab with 3x bio lab - but each lab after chap 5 getting insta demolished.
The strategy is to slowly collect them after you already grinded them with the resources rooms, either on the next floor or after they go back to ground and place a bio lab on b1 entrance(after you already cleared it and jail was destroyed serving it's purpose to delay)
Also you need at least 90+ treasure hunt for arcana cards as even if you get enough chances they can be wasted on the rarere cards as some you only get a 20% chance to get without treasure hunt on top of the 50% that can't be changed.
So even if you were "lucky" to get a rare arcana without treasure hunt you would still not get it but with enough treasure hunt it's guaranteed.
I can already confirm that even if you destroy a lot of squads with a deployed army you won't get many cards if it doesn't have treasure hunt.
The annoying thing about this game is that making your deployed division too strong leads to damage to that room. Because if they wipe out the enemy, there is an open space for another enemy to move into, and your units can only fight once per turn, so they just hit the room even when you have 3 units there. It's kinda dumb how that works.
If you set your battalion setting to single this is less of a problem.
3 enemies can engage your first squad and you can Standby the rest of your deployed armies if you want to use the other battalion settings to attack.
3 vs 1 with a Target Weakest(as you won't have enough attacks to destroy all of them) is how you use a Strong Army.
The Battalion Setting is pretty much always a tradeoff between attack and defense.
You want to defend with single while you want to attack with full to get to the commanders that are usually at the bottom.
A middle ground is 2 on 2 as that is pretty good for grinding while if you have 3 deployed 1 will be free to engage another target and you need at least 2 to get the Victory vs 3.
Also the biggest trick is you can infinitely farm armies on resource rooms that would normally retreat by attacking them with a battalion, they would also free up those squads that are deployed, that's one way to "relieve the pressure".

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
What's the difference between true chaos and normal chaos?

Do you need 18+18 law and chaos by chapter 6 or whatever to get the true routes? I had super high chaos and less than 18 law, but I did have enough total to pick the "..." option and fight Angel Milia. The ending was basically a tentacle orgy. Is that the normal chaos ending?
Seems you need the World Scales/Balance of the World scene to get the True Routes.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If you set your battalion setting to single this is less of a problem.
3 enemies can engage your first squad and you can Standby the rest of your deployed armies if you want to use the other battalion settings to attack.
3 vs 1 with a Target Weakest(as you won't have enough attacks to destroy all of them) is how you use a Strong Army.
The Battalion Setting is pretty much always a tradeoff between attack and defense.
You want to defend with single while you want to attack with full to get to the commanders that are usually at the bottom.
A middle ground is 2 on 2 as that is pretty good for grinding while if you have 3 deployed 1 will be free to engage another target and you need at least 2 to get the Victory vs 3.
Also the biggest trick is you can infinitely farm armies on resource rooms that would normally retreat by attacking them with a battalion, they would also free up those squads that are deployed, that's one way to "relieve the pressure".
You don't do 3v1 battles on turn 1. It's all 1v1 if you set it to singles. If your division wipes the enemy, the building will get damaged, that's essentially punishing you for being too strong, which is retarded.

Whatever though. I can work around that, but whats more annoying is that you only have 10 actions per turn which isn't even enough to deploy all your divisions on turn 1, let alone edit your dungeon from resource farming to trap/defensive if needed.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
You don't do 3v1 battles on turn 1. It's all 1v1 if you set it to singles. If your division wipes the enemy, the building will get damaged, that's essentially punishing you for being too strong, which is retarded.
You don't use resource buildings on turn 1 either, that's mostly jails and damage rooms to delay and don't really matter if they get destroyed.
You use resource rooms on the other choke points.
And you can do 3v1 battles on turn 2 while you redeploy your army and free some enemies up to get to the resource rooms.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
this isn't too much of a problem imo. the later buildings have much higher durability and can tank some units damaging that room.

the bigger problem I have is you can only have 12 squads while the enemy can have 20+. and that you can only deploy 10 squads on the very important first turn.

dunno how you manage this, aside from weapons being equiped. but here's how triumphing units actually works especially those that you have from the start and that have arcana slots.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you did used a cradle slot here right?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
the bigger problem I have is you can only have 12 squads while the enemy can have 20+. and that you can only deploy 10 squads on the very important first turn.
That's not a problem if you use jails at the entrance.
You might not even deploy much of the army to block them as the will try to attack jails themselves that will block the slower armies at the entrance.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes