desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
hmmm i am wondering - if i change unit elemental type with arcana - would it count for boost skills or not
Boost skills are for their "type." The element changes from arcanas are for their affinity which is a different thing that makes them stronger or weaker based on the day.

Reactions: DuniX

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Boost skills are for their "type." The element changes from arcanas are for their affinity which is a different thing that makes them stronger or weaker based on the day.
Yea, thought so. just never bothered to check, thanks~

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
For damage, she only has 50 helmet split and and high crit boost. For defense she has 50 godly and 75 slayer def. Her main draw is her group attacks, but you first need to be able to do high damage and mitigate counter attacks for that to matter.

That defense is not enough to minimize counter damage in higher difficulty, especially if you give items to boost her mediocre damage. She definitely needs dimension slash to add damage and prevent counter attacks. She def needs lethal crit as well to make use of her high crit.

When you first unlock her, most likely you just give her the 30 helmet split spear to cap the helmet split. You can tell that she doesn't perform that well compared to real powerhouses like evil Theo or well balanced units (offense + counter mitigation) like Bloody Blades Turia or Faceless Reaper Lulu.

I mean, the fact that I still have to use a range attack item on her to make her survive means her item splots are not complementary to her skill set. Until you can give her dimension slash from the last tier spear, I think she is mediocre. It would have been nice if she at least had like 150 evasion to make her really good at evasion decoy. 100 evasion is decent, but it will be bypassed sometimes by flank attacks.
no need , use hanya seal and gladys will solve.

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
In this game, I realized that you definitely want to go for the 10x keys and avoid 20x pulls. Reload until you pull one of the "visitors."

AFAIK, all the 20x pulls are able to be normal summoned once you unlock their arcana. Unlocking Arcanas is so easy in this game compared to previous titles. All you need is 2 runs and you can unlock all arcanas except reverse world. That means you can birth most of the 20x key pulls in your 2nd and 3rd run, including putting titles on them.

10x have chances to pull "visitors." These units can only be summoned normally after you pull it from the 10x key.
no, 20 key also have visitor and more powerful than 10 key, also one more thing, although u unlock all arcana you will not able to recruit powerful visitor until you unlock it with key then dismiss and recruit to add title for them.
1692079762157.png
also my team to farm high tier weapon
1692081855812.png

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
^ that stuff is lategame as hell XD. me an my poor 3rd chapter build cant compare.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
would it be better to only give them the extra arcanas once they reached loyalty 100?

also i noticed that dismissing extra units doesn't increase my food/magic per turn. why am i still paying them?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
would it be better to only give them the extra arcanas once they reached loyalty 100?

also i noticed that dismissing extra units doesn't increase my food/magic per turn. why am i still paying them?
You are paying per deployment not per turn

and for arcana - depends if you need power now or later

Reactions: DthX17

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Rebirthing at 100 loyalty is extreme min maxing. The reason to rebirth units is to change their titles to something different. 100 Triumph is just a bonus.

That means you also should obviously put the best titles you can when you first hire them. Most units are shit without titles.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
You are paying per deployment not per turn

and for arcana - depends if you need power now or later
oh its just deployment. i see. so they can just remain in my roster and never bother.

hmm then maybe i should never even think of rebirthing. it's better to buy the more costly units. in the end you can only use 72 units. 72 costly units (minus commanders) at the end.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
oh its just deployment. i see. so they can just remain in my roster and never bother.

hmm then maybe i should never even think of rebirthing. it's better to buy the more costly units. in the end you can only use 72 units. 72 costly units (minus commanders) at the end.

Let me correct myself - By deployment i meant "Deployment into fight" basically after every fight you see the "Bill" for the squad usage. and you pay it regardless of if the battle was initiated by you or was defensive. but yea, otherwise they dont take anything

dracala

Jan 6, 2019
Costly units have lower Growth Rate, meaning you can't use the more powerful Arcana Cards and lower Level Cap.
Besides it's the overall team composition that matters, not the individual, you shouldn't birth useless units from the start.
And many units have niche uses based on equipment that you can find.
What does Growth rate do? what kind of benefit does it bring?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
What does Growth rate do? what kind of benefit does it bring?
Growth Rate is your maximum level cap and the Arcana you can use.
If it has a Growth Rate of E you aren't using any Arcana and overall Level is going to be pretty low compared to S ranks.
Can't remember exactly but I think S rank was level 200? so it's 10 levels every rank below that.
So in essence with higher tier units you trading power for customization.
There are some higher tier units that have an "idea" or "kit" already set up for you that you would otherwise have to build on another unit with tradeoffs(like leader skills) but that can have their own advantage in that you can optimize more for their purpose.
Of course there are also units that are completely useless.

Here is an example of what kind of niche you units you can build if you actually look around.
Remember the humble Poltergeist? Kinda useless right? But it also has 2 item slots, that means you can put 2 Demon Explosives + 20 Self-Destruct from the title for a total of 80 with the cheapest cost at 2.
Of course it's not ideal since it has a bunch of deadly resist and Target Miss so it's a bit tricky to use.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016

You rebuild them once you get better arcana, IF you rebuild them and not just dismiss them to free up an egg slot after they served their purpose in the early game.
100 loyalty is usually a good time to update them. Sometimes I even update them 50-70 if I want to do something else with them and the titles are shitty the first time.
Use the best arcana you have to serve their purpose, you are going to replace them with later arcana so there is no reason not to use the earlier arcana.

Speaking of which do the egg slots get reset next playthrough? Is the strategy to collect units each playthrough that you build?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
why can't i birth the very important mimic? what do i do to unlock the XIX arcana?
You can get it as a drop from the x4 key of destiny at night, that's what I did to get it early.
But yea you aren't going to birth it for a while.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
In case anyone was overlooking it, there is this unit called Glasya-Labolas. It's E growth, but it has a pretty nice skillset for damage. The thing is that this unit's type is exactly all the types that Avatar Mother Esteria boosts. That's a massive 175 boost on this unit just from Avatar Mother.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So in essence with higher tier units you trading power for customization.
It's actually more about getting power front loaded in your first couple playthroughs. They come with very high initial stats which means they grow much faster per level than the early S-A tier units. They also have quite a good loadout of skills to compensate for weak titles. Their lower level cap doesn't matter in the first few runs since none of your guys reached it anyways.

But once S~A tier units hit their higher level cap, they will catch up in stats and even overtake them if they are not trash units. Their skills also end up much better for their roles like you said thanks to high tier arcana.

In the end game, it will generally be the Hero units and some others with high growth that becomes the strongest.

May 12, 2021
Anyone know how to resolve this error that pops up when I try to save?

View attachment 2849002
just like this person even I am unable to overwrite saves or after deleting the save slots unable to save a new scene on the now blank space. the google translation of the message is.

Cannot save to file (file cannot be opened or is write protected).

This only happens for the old saves which were not created in the current session. I have no slots to save now :(

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
just like this person even I am unable to overwrite saves or after deleting the save slots unable to save a new scene on the now blank space. the google translation of the message is.

Cannot save to file (file cannot be opened or is write protected).

This only happens for the old saves which were not created in the current session. I have no slots to save now :(
Saves should be located in documents/dualtail - so check there if there some kind of writing protection

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes