Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Chapter 4 on Easy is.... easy... like everything else on that difficulty.

Just put two jails around the starting square, put whatever resource/trap/whatever room is more convenient for you, and watch them gets stuck because the AI doesn't have enough move points.

Admittedly, this also worked for me because I stalled a LOT in previous chapters to build up resources and infrastructure. Well, that and building Training and Mingle points with the girls I had by that point.

I'm still working my way through the first playthrough, but the biggest challenge so far has been:
1. Actually getting enough Arcana cards to do shit... in the end I gave in at Chapter 5 and just used CE to mod in a bunch so I don't have to worry about them beyond my Ether reserves. Even with all the extra cards, I've mostly been using them to increase birth counts on the girls to unlock those up to 100 births Arcanas.
2. Actually not obliterating the enemy too fast so I can build up points and stuff... though I've probably been overkilling it tbh, especially since I'm going for Chaos first. >.>"

In fact, point 1 was essential for point 2, because if you don't cheat Arcana cards, you're forced to be very efficient with your divisions... and the best way to do THAT is to be extremely lethal... which is stupidly easy on Easy.

And that's with divisions that are honestly mostly kind of meh. I'm a long way away from the absurdities I had back in Hollow...

Also, so far, I feel like most of the base game commander units haven't been super impressive... I guess I'll see if that changes when I get the titles from the Law playthrough...

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
You had Sigmund and you didn't make a Tomoe Beast squad for him? Brooooooo.
This is right after i got Tomoe, and i had him for a while at that point with Nature boosts - which about the same anyways. Not to mention i don't see anything weird with having him - he's was perfectly buildable for a while at that point XD.

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
Man, even playing on easy, I struggle with the big attack at the beginning of chapter 4. Where exactly am I supposed to get all those units from to halt the invasion.

I am fucked, because I didn't plaster cradles all over my floors?
View attachment 2855047

This is my usual set up. Replace Command Rooms with anything else after your resource per turns get higher to support your deployment.

I tried using Goddess Rooms, but I can never get good results from it. My deployed units won't ever have enough treasure hunt to make use of it. If they did get enough treasure hunt, they won't be able to one shot kill the enemies anyways.

If I use my main treasure hunt team to attack a half dead unit on a Goddess Room, the results are very poor anyways. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the enemies' current HP matters for treasure hunt rewards. At least it seems that way from experience. You get pretty much nothing from killing a division with all 1 HP.

That's why I just placed Mines. It's not much, but they have a few Bounty Hunter 7 and 8 in there.

I used this on my 2nd playthrough jumping from Normal to Very Hard. On my first run, I did the camp 9 units in the entrance strategy as well. That is very risky in higher difficulties.
use this set up , this will do also in very hard difficulty, although from hard to easy i just place 9 unit on first 3 room.
i will not show my team because i use very late unit so you will not able to use it.

Weissheart

Jun 10, 2020
You had Sigmund and you didn't make a Tomoe Beast squad for him? Brooooooo.
Kukul has nature boost = 20, which also works for the him and the rest of the group, which is good combination (don't know who is the last one)
I'm not sure how did you get so many bonus chars at that time

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
played on normal and not once they made it past first floor.

as for the siege level, i have no idea how but somehow they just stuck on ground floor. maybe something to do with how the first square is "full". I don't remember having 9 squads at this point yet so I really have no idea. if I have to take a guess it has something to do with 2 or 3 in battallion settings

which reminds me, what exactly is the difference between command nature and boost nature?

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Kukul has nature boost = 20, which also works for the him and the rest of the group, which is good combination (don't know who is the last one)
Problem is that he's a Night unit and since he's a melee attacker there's a good chance he'll cause the enemy to switch targets. Should be fine if you only keep the squad for encounter battles but otherwise it could be quite bad.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
i want to replace cerberus (div 4) into something else but can't decide which. he's growth C so he's definitely out.

1692691410812.png

Weissheart

Jun 10, 2020
Problem is that he's a Night unit and since he's a melee attacker there's a good chance he'll cause the enemy to switch targets. Should be fine if you only keep the squad for encounter battles but otherwise it could be quite bad.
I've checked and it seems Tomoe has Beast Boost = 20 and Command Beast = 20 (if squad leader), which is better than Kikul. But I'm not sure what do you mean by switching? You mean that enemies will target him? Maybe I'm getting something wrong with skills, but how Tomoe counters that?

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Well, thanks to those that wanted to help me, but I managed to do it by myself. I guess the AI decided to be nice or something.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Day attuned though? i know enough mechanics to not run night units in day squads without it lol.

I was key grinding so i have a couple of them. But then again Sigmund is not Key - you get him naturally.
And last one is basic hobbit iirc - i keep him there to have a bit of Treasure hunt so they can grab some arcana on encounters

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
I've checked and it seems Tomoe has Beast Boost = 20 and Command Beast = 20 (if squad leader), which is better than Kikul. But I'm not sure what do you mean by switching? You mean that enemies will target him? Maybe I'm getting something wrong with skills, but how Tomoe counters that?
Melee attackers take counter damage, and during the day when its defense is halved it's most likely going to become the bait instead (even a day melee attacker in a day team eventually take so much chip damage that they get targeted by enemies instead). But if Sigmund is in a night team with Tomoe, this won't be an issue because Beast Boost 20 and Command Beast 20 is so insane that even though Tomoe is a Day unit, she can still be a bait in a night team. And a night Beast team just annihilates everyone especially during Carmilla's chapter.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
fuck it, i'm using cheatengine. I find myself savescumming for keys that it's probably faster to cheat.

rng drops screw you.

Weissheart

Jun 10, 2020
Melee attackers take counter damage, and during the day when its defense is halved it's most likely going to become the bait instead (even a day melee attacker in a day team eventually take so much chip damage that they get targeted by enemies instead). But if Sigmund is in a night team with Tomoe, this won't be an issue because Beast Boost 20 and Command Beast 20 is so insane that even though Tomoe is a Day unit, she can still be a bait in a night team. And a night Beast team just annihilates everyone especially during Carmilla's chapter.
Hm, I don't think that 20 difference will be that huge in this case, especially if you put some vampire attack/day attuned in him

fuck it, i'm using cheatengine. I find myself savescumming for keys that it's probably faster to cheat.

rng drops screw you.
Well I don't think anyone here going to judge you, so you should be fine. And yes, rng sucks. I've ended using x10 (which I found most useful) keys with lot of QS/QL

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Aaaaagh. Damn it. I didn't realize that you needed 18 Chaos AND 18 Law for the True version of a route...

Ugh... Damn the wording in the guide. I thought it was mixed value or something.

Fuck. Now my first run won't hit True anything because of it... unless I can figure out a way to change the Law value in the save I have right before finishing Chapter 6... Damn it this is seriously killing my motivation to keep playing. :/

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Aaaaagh. Damn it. I didn't realize that you needed 18 Chaos AND 18 Law for the True version of a route...

Ugh... Damn the wording in the guide. I thought it was mixed value or something.

Fuck. Now my first run won't hit True anything because of it... unless I can figure out a way to change the Law value in the save I have right before finishing Chapter 6... Damn it this is seriously killing my motivation to keep playing. :/
I'm not even sure if there is a difference, for chaos route at least. My first run was the same as you with minimal law points. Later when I did the true chaos, I didn't see anything extra from the story. It just skipped everything that I've seen before.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not even sure if there is a difference, for chaos route at least. My first run was the same as you with minimal law points. Later when I did the true chaos, I didn't see anything extra from the story. It just skipped everything that I've seen before.
As far as I understand from the guide, True Chaos and/or True Law help unlock some extra scenes and units.

In any case, after a couple of hours of bashing my head against Cheat Engine, I managed to edit in the 5 extra Law points I needed at the end of the Chapter 6 save. I'm sure there's a smarter way to do what I did, but I am dumb, not even a script kiddy, so it's a miracle I could do even this much.

Still way faster than reloading fuck knows how far back and replaying to this point. Also way faster than waiting until I complete my next Chaos playthrough.

Not to mention that I already had the World Arcana that you get from having a 50 combined Chaos+Law value, so this doesn't really change anything. Could've gotten the 18 law easily if I wasn't dumb and picked Law a few more times in some Chaos/Law choices and probably on one of Shigure's Law or Affection choices, since she doesn't need much affection anyway.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Still think the wording in the guide(s) could be better... If only to fool proof it for idiots like me. XD

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
As far as I understand from the guide, True Chaos and/or True Law help unlock some extra scenes and units.

In any case, after a couple of hours of bashing my head against Cheat Engine, I managed to edit in the 5 extra Law points I needed at the end of the Chapter 6 save. I'm sure there's a smarter way to do what I did, but I am dumb, not even a script kiddy, so it's a miracle I could do even this much.

Still way faster than reloading fuck knows how far back and replaying to this point. Also way faster than waiting until I complete my next Chaos playthrough.

Not to mention that I already had the World Arcana that you get from having a 50 combined Chaos+Law value, so this doesn't really change anything. Could've gotten the 18 law easily if I wasn't dumb and picked Law a few more times in some Chaos/Law choices and probably on one of Shigure's Law or Affection choices, since she doesn't need much affection anyway.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Still think the wording in the guide(s) could be better... If only to fool proof it for idiots like me. XD
I just told you there was no new scenes or unlocks based on the 18 Chaos or 18+18 variations. On both, you can pick the option that leads to the final Chaos route content with Angel Milia if you have enough total points by then.

I got all the "True Chaos" units like Avatar Mother Esteria and Bloody Blades Turia on that first run where I had barely any Law points.

I'm wondering if True vs Normal routes are even a thing really.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I just told you there was no new scenes or unlocks based on the 18 Chaos or 18+18 variations. On both, you can pick the option that leads to the final Chaos route content with Angel Milia if you have enough total points by then.

I got all the "True Chaos" units like Avatar Mother Esteria and Bloody Blades Turia on that first run where I had barely any Law points.

I'm wondering if True vs Normal routes are even a thing really.
Hmmmmm....

Loaded some saves and took a look at some things.

It LOOKs like when you don't have a minimum in 18 in both Law and Chaos, that the choice is auto-selected. possibly depending on what the higher value is between Law and Chaos. Which might mean that the only choice that's absolutely relevant for True Law/Chaos is the one with continuing or ending the experiment with the psycho.

Interesting.

Though, it's more interesting that it seems like the game gives you Title Selection scenes no matter. Though I suppose that's to be expected for GAIA given that you don't have explicit and easy access to Corrupt versions of units on the Chaos route like you do in other games.

On a completely different note...

I want to punch whoever it was that came up with "Fraddy"... it just.... sounds so stupid... Ugh. Seriously. Grammy was already bad enough. The localization for GAIA definitely feels worse overall than the one for Hollow... We're all weebs here. If we're interested in this game to begin with, we're already familiar with the honorifics and all that jazz....

kidsadrzsd

Jul 25, 2019
Hmmmmm....

Loaded some saves and took a look at some things.

It LOOKs like when you don't have a minimum in 18 in both Law and Chaos, that the choice is auto-selected. possibly depending on what the higher value is between Law and Chaos. Which might mean that the only choice that's absolutely relevant for True Law/Chaos is the one with continuing or ending the experiment with the psycho.

Interesting.

Though, it's more interesting that it seems like the game gives you Title Selection scenes no matter. Though I suppose that's to be expected for GAIA given that you don't have explicit and easy access to Corrupt versions of units on the Chaos route like you do in other games.

On a completely different note...

I want to punch whoever it was that came up with "Fraddy"... it just.... sounds so stupid... Ugh. Seriously. Grammy was already bad enough. The localization for GAIA definitely feels worse overall than the one for Hollow... We're all weebs here. If we're interested in this game to begin with, we're already familiar with the honorifics and all that jazz....
well, i played frontier before but not hollow ,seem everyone like hollow more frontier and gaia.
i thinks gaia give title is good but have a bad point that except theo if you need another title for other heroine u will need loop again....
when i compare with frontier i thinks gaia have more powerful unit and unique unit come from the key that the plus point.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes