FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
all the review are being vague.
the UI looks like a pain from screenshot, i feel like i gonna click 4 times just to do a single thing.
you know what ? i gonna test it out my self.

i hope there is no hand holding tutorial where you are forced to click on X spot and y spot while can't skip it.
Thinks the game looks to be a pain to play/figure out, hopes there isn't a detailed tutorial.

Wat.

Last edited:

BlindBigot

Sep 24, 2021
all the review are being vague.
the UI looks like a pain from screenshot, i feel like i gonna click 4 times just to do a single thing.
you know what ? i gonna test it out my self.

i hope there is no hand holding tutorial where you are forced to click on X spot and y spot while can't skip it.
Nope, it's an old game. All the guidance you get is a vague infobook in the menu.

Reactions: Cuhulu Disciple

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Man... I wish japanese engines had dynamic auto mode that adjusted the wait time based on the length of text like renpy.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
how do you unlock new units to recruit i always have a hard time with this part
????

In this entire series, the party development is directly linked with the route u picked, who u conquered first/fought first and your overall ranking once chapter ends. Basically u gotta conquer the entire map area in a specific number of turns before winning the "main target" that will end the round chapter. The lower amount of turns and more areas u conquer, higher will be ur final score, those final score generate extra items to convert into equipment later, the options will slowly open as u get more and more of these base materials... so u can craft end-game stuff later u need S++ in all Chapters. Cheat Engine to fix turn number and elapse turn value to 1 is ur friend for this.
This is the image for the medal amount with blank down it, the x10 is the conversion ratio to any free medal based in the girl u conquered/chapter u at
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Based in the chapter u are/girl u conquered, u free more kinds of units in these menus on the left side in this part
There's also some kinda of intermission stages added between chapters where u meet a situation that u can choose 3 routes, to help(law) or to fight an specific race. The very first one have as the chaos option in the middle to "Attack the Fairies". By beating the fairies and seeing the fairy queen h-scene, u open more of fairy/elves units. These are also spread through the story... if u picked a different route/alignment it would open another race than fairy folk.

Outside of gears, whenever u finish a chapter u also open/release badges, those badges are used to open units, when u conquer a girl, the elemental badges of that girl is freed, basically u have BLANK medals that u can convert into medals from the same element as the girls as u slowly advance the story, using as example the red dragon girl will give u materials to create dragons(medals related to that) where u burn your BLANK medals converting into those. There's a hard limit of how many units u can hold at once(should be around 148) and also better ranks at the end of chapters release more BLANK badges. The phase of the moon/elemental affinity changes the mood and base stats of the units, it's represented by a face in the unit creation screen. Pink face with heart in eyes means the unit will have highest possible growth ratio with using these medals as materials, similar to phase of the moon u can alter the combo of medals pressing on the alter, this will also generate a passive skill/battle ability that unit can use/change their starter mood/growth rate as u level them up. Here's a screen with an unit with best growth ratio+best mood and tactical skill active, if i press on the alter button it'll change the medals used, change it's mood and also remove the tactical battle skill

Every unit have a basic kind like farming, development, etc... they get a fixed value of exp based in how many territorys of such kind u have and ur development level, in the hospital there's a button that exchange to the development value where u can power level ur stuff to 50 so ur units get max bonus exp each turn, even if not used.(Farming will get bonus level based in farming development tier). Here's the screen of the "Internal Affairs"

Its also good to point out that the Chaos/Law value tends to define the ending u're reaching based on ur choices, seeing more scenes/corrupting the girls more will lock u outside of their possible ending or lock the ending where mc is happy with girl X, while having high chaos value and corrupting everyone will throw u into the chaos ending. Both endings outside of the normal where u balance everything and don't pick any have their own special fights, final bosses and corrupted heroines tends to have higher base stats than their normal versions. U can also go for heroine x ending that later should open their special version in a NG+ that is as strong as their corrupted final form(without being corrupted obvious). But with small changes like, more healing than dmg, higher def than atk, etc. If u want the pure love route, choose answers that boost law value, don't see any scene that mc uses hypnosis on the girl/push them further, don't corrupt their advisors. Basically the only scene with tentacles/hypnosis should be the very first/conquest and then, doing the non h-scene events amplifying their friendship value ti'll the end of the game. A combination of all that is what throw u in the law ending + heroine ending based in the one u focused most of ur AP points on the chapter intervals.
You can get all the info u need to know in what kind of route u are in the intermission screen that is like this
It have information on the chapter of the story u are(these games tends to end in like 8 or 9 chapters, 7 tends to be if u don't meet any condition so u don't see any of the true law/chaos ending bosses. It have information on the corruption of the girls(the whip image and number), the number of encounters that the girls themselves liked/talks with them and their affinity(the heart). Down these u have the "Action Points" that limits ur encounters/talks with the girls... Also if u choose like "Sylvia in the Baths"(the corruption scene related one and push further stuff) it'll erase the "Great Minds think alike" where u would talk with Sylvia+Anora, amplify their friendship point by 1 and also, avoid the hentai scene with her and her advisor at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarwion
Nov 12, 2019
I was having the same error, when you set the exception to the anti virus did you selected the whole folder or just the application?.

Because I did the exception for the whole folder and it worked.
I put the whole folder as a exception for it (dualtail save folder under documents).

thispls13

Jan 23, 2021
1637954987593.png
tried the "read me if won't start" which just told me to launch another thing which i did then got the same message so it'll basically loop, so i dont know what to actually do

Jul 16, 2019
In this entire series, the party development is directly linked with the route u picked, who u conquered first/fought first and your overall ranking once chapter ends. Basically u gotta conquer the entire map area in a specific number of turns before winning the "main target" that will end the round chapter. The lower amount of turns and more areas u conquer, higher will be ur final score, those final score generate extra items to convert into equipment later, the options will slowly open as u get more and more of these base materials... so u can craft end-game stuff later u need S++ in all Chapters. Cheat Engine to fix turn number and elapse turn value to 1 is ur friend for this.
This is the image for the medal amount with blank down it, the x10 is the conversion ratio to any free medal based in the girl u conquered/chapter u at

Based in the chapter u are/girl u conquered, u free more kinds of units in these menus on the left side in this part
There's also some kinda of intermission stages added between chapters where u meet a situation that u can choose 3 routes, to help(law) or to fight an specific race. The very first one have as the chaos option in the middle to "Attack the Fairies". By beating the fairies and seeing the fairy queen h-scene, u open more of fairy/elves units. These are also spread through the story... if u picked a different route/alignment it would open another race than fairy folk.

Outside of gears, whenever u finish a chapter u also open/release badges, those badges are used to open units, when u conquer a girl, the elemental badges of that girl is freed, basically u have BLANK medals that u can convert into medals from the same element as the girls as u slowly advance the story, using as example the red dragon girl will give u materials to create dragons(medals related to that) where u burn your BLANK medals converting into those. There's a hard limit of how many units u can hold at once(should be around 148) and also better ranks at the end of chapters release more BLANK badges. The phase of the moon/elemental affinity changes the mood and base stats of the units, it's represented by a face in the unit creation screen. Pink face with heart in eyes means the unit will have highest possible growth ratio with using these medals as materials, similar to phase of the moon u can alter the combo of medals pressing on the alter, this will also generate a passive skill/battle ability that unit can use/change their starter mood/growth rate as u level them up. Here's a screen with an unit with best growth ratio+best mood and tactical skill active, if i press on the alter button it'll change the medals used, change it's mood and also remove the tactical battle skill

Every unit have a basic kind like farming, development, etc... they get a fixed value of exp based in how many territorys of such kind u have and ur development level, in the hospital there's a button that exchange to the development value where u can power level ur stuff to 50 so ur units get max bonus exp each turn, even if not used.(Farming will get bonus level based in farming development tier). Here's the screen of the "Internal Affairs"

Its also good to point out that the Chaos/Law value tends to define the ending u're reaching based on ur choices, seeing more scenes/corrupting the girls more will lock u outside of their possible ending or lock the ending where mc is happy with girl X, while having high chaos value and corrupting everyone will throw u into the chaos ending. Both endings outside of the normal where u balance everything and don't pick any have their own special fights, final bosses and corrupted heroines tends to have higher base stats than their normal versions. U can also go for heroine x ending that later should open their special version in a NG+ that is as strong as their corrupted final form(without being corrupted obvious). But with small changes like, more healing than dmg, higher def than atk, etc. If u want the pure love route, choose answers that boost law value, don't see any scene that mc uses hypnosis on the girl/push them further, don't corrupt their advisors. Basically the only scene with tentacles/hypnosis should be the very first/conquest and then, doing the non h-scene events amplifying their friendship value ti'll the end of the game. A combination of all that is what throw u in the law ending + heroine ending based in the one u focused most of ur AP points on the chapter intervals.
You can get all the info u need to know in what kind of route u are in the intermission screen that is like this
It have information on the chapter of the story u are(these games tends to end in like 8 or 9 chapters, 7 tends to be if u don't meet any condition so u don't see any of the true law/chaos ending bosses. It have information on the corruption of the girls(the whip image and number), the number of encounters that the girls themselves liked/talks with them and their affinity(the heart). Down these u have the "Action Points" that limits ur encounters/talks with the girls... Also if u choose like "Sylvia in the Baths"(the corruption scene related one and push further stuff) it'll erase the "Great Minds think alike" where u would talk with Sylvia+Anora, amplify their friendship point by 1 and also, avoid the hentai scene with her and her advisor at this point.
thanks for the info and literally a guide how does cheat engine works can u use it to get the medals u need ?

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
View attachment 1520063
tried the "read me if won't start" which just told me to launch another thing which i did then got the same message so it'll basically loop, so i dont know what to actually do
This kind of error about dll tends to happen when ur system lacks the "Visual Redist" installed or any of the executable packages. Basically u need to manually update that as someone asked earlier in this thread about the japanese window that pops up after the game installation, i also shared a link to an All in One Package there.

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
In ancient times, the Holy Land of Helvetia flourished under the goddess Elnath's protection.
So, is this game set in an alternate universe version of... Switzerland? 0/10 if there are no yodeling monstergirls! :LOL:

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
thanks for the info and literally a guide how does cheat engine works can u use it to get the medals u need ?
Cheat Engine 7.2 is a downloadable tool that the people who make trainers in the internet download to make their tables. U can basically download it from it's official page by searching on google, open it, load the game, attach it to the process and edit value on real time. Badges are "2 byte" value type... resources are "4 bytes". Just attach to the game, look at the number, search value, do a change in the value within the game(recruit, heal, burn some), search next with the modified value and voila. U can alter in real time. The problem is that if u freeze the value/end chapter/load save, the place the values are in memory change. Thus if u had a value frozen while playing the game have high chances of just crashing out of nowhere... but this can be avoided if u save constantly. Also, every time this happens, u as the user/player needs to find the values again by doing scans and then next. So yeah, everything in this game is possible to cheat. If don't want to keep on searching the value again, would need someone with proper coding knowledge so they can actually make an script. A script is an auto-search function for an specific combination of values within teh memory, so everytime the game changes the place of the value in it's memory, the script will follow to alternate the value without blocking game overall functions. But yeah, u can use Cheat Engine to cheat and get best score possible all the time(S++) while u play to open more stuff. Basically Cheat Engine works in any game, as long as u have a real value for what u want to cheat/know the kind of code u want. Some games use float, others use double, RPG Makers VX Ace from this forum uses a "double number +1". Like if u have 6, need to search for 13 or do a "6+6+1" search(yeah, cheat engine works with multiplying/addition/subtraction). Old flash player games used to multiply value by 8 to find... so yeah, every engine have a different method/value kind to be found, but everything uses math, even hexadecimal values in some. Venus Blood have numbers directly at ur face and their real so... just a bother that they constantly move places(adress) in memory, what sometimes clashs with some stuff that will happen thanks to scenes/load/new game/etc.

Last edited:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Well, maybe their new game venusblood savior will go up from this game when it will be released (And pretty soon it seems too) ?

My bet is that when VB: Savior comes out next year (and so far it looks really good) they will announce another localization kickstarter, this time for their newest installment in the series.
It would be a pretty good business model, another kickstarter would give them time and money to develop game after Savior.

I only wonder for how much longer english community is gonna keep financing those localizations. 2 000 00$+ is a really hefty price tag for a mere localization.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteHanson

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
My bet is that when VB: Savior comes out next year (and so far it looks really good) they will announce another localization kickstarter, this time for their newest installment in the series.
It would be a pretty good business model, another kickstarter would give them time and money to develop game after Savior.

I only wonder for how much longer english community is gonna keep financing those localizations. 2 000 00$+ is a really hefty price tag for a mere localization.
We will have to see, for now we can't really know but yeah, could be a good thing

Well, this was a kickstarter with some goals (adding more things in the game) and you could buy various things (read packs, like the game + artbook, things like that) to help this kickstarter. Even when it was the first kickstarter with Frontier, it nearly got to the last goal too so yeah, for now i can see pepole continuing financing those kickstarters.

ndbl1992

Dec 21, 2018
JorgeFFC How to cheat to get best score - S++ ? I found value for materials but do not know which value to cheat to get highest score.
Also do you know what is the value type of equipment amount ?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
I am sorry But is there any reason to cheat to get best score? You either fight fair and square - or just play easy and use "Win the fight" button that game provided for those who do not care since there is no actual worth behind cheated rankings.

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
Does anyone know if there's difference in the damage characters deal or receive depending on the row they are currently in (Frontine/Backline)?

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
JorgeFFC How to cheat to get best score - S++ ? I found value for materials but do not know which value to cheat to get highest score.
Also do you know what is the value type of equipment amount ?
It's literally turn number/counter. The difference is that there are 2 turn counters... one shows total and one that's hidden and counts how long u took to finish the map. All chapters/battles will start at elapsed turn 1, though total will show the total of all maps. As long as u can get the total turn and the elapsed value locked into 1, no matter how long u take to conquer the entire region ignoring final objective, as long as u get all bases and leave the last one for last and lock turn and elapsed in 1, u will meet "S++" condition. Deaths or whatever don't change anything, u can die and heal as much as u want.

To find elapsed if u're in the imddle of a run, u can try "Unknown Initial Value", press "End Turn" and in the option of value kind or scan type u go like "add value by" and write 1... and keep looping... finish turn, add 1 in the value, finish turn, add 1 in the value. Do that ti'll u get the right counter for turn/elapsed and freeze both at 1. This will make guaranteed S++ in all maps as u finish them.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes