JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Looks good, but is the Corrupting "mechanic" still the same like the older games ?
As in, select a Girl, flip a switch, fight a few Days and then see the result ?
It's directly linked to the intermission between chapter events and choice of answers/events to watch. U can corrupt them or not, up to you, or just make friends by answering stuff they want to listen and not use hypnotic powers. There were some posts earlier than this where i kinda explained how the intermission stuff worked when someone asked with a min guide here...
https://f95zone.to/threads/venusblo...v1-0-3-ninetail-dual-tail.100855/post-7028640
I honestly prefer watching all possible events and still corrupting them after seeing the other choices as they disappear if u get value too high anyway.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
It's directly linked to the intermission between chapter events and choice of answers/events to watch. U can corrupt them or not, up to you, or just make friends by answering stuff they want to listen and not use hypnotic powers. There were some posts earlier than this where i kinda explained how the intermission stuff worked when someone asked with a min guide here...
https://f95zone.to/threads/venusblo...v1-0-3-ninetail-dual-tail.100855/post-7028640
I honestly prefer watching all possible events and still corrupting them after seeing the other choices as they disappear if u get value too high anyway.
Thanks for your info.

Is the entire game from the male MC POV?

Like, even the tentacle scenes? Is he just standing there narrating them?

TheXdragon

Jan 22, 2018
You aren't stupid, this game skips explanations for a LOT of stuff. The icons are like racial attributes. Icons next to "Type" means that unit belongs to that race. Icons next to "Slay" means that unit does bonus damage to those races. The only important types are Night (moon icon), Undead (white skull), and Wraith (ghost). Night units are weaker in daytime and stronger at night, Undead units don't get healed by normal healing like Target/Division Heal and need either Demon Medic or Equitable Heal, and Wraith units take and deal 1/4 damage against non-Wraiths (nullified if attacker slays Wraiths) and don't get healed by anything except Wraith Heal.

Besides that, stuff like Fire Blast and Fire Field don't deal damage to Fire units. The powerful Dragon Scales passive is nullified if the attacker slays Dragons. Types are especially important when team-building, since a lot of units have stuff like Beast Boost, which obviously buffs Beast units. Most teams are Type-centric (team of all Beasts, or all Undead, or all Nature/Human/Demon/Divine, etc).
Thanks a lot man, that will really help.

Really though.... what the hell the devs were thinking when they skipped all those explanations... I mean a lot of them are like, super important for gameplay and strategy... and why can't we sort the units by types or stats when recruiting? Go through every unit of a single race looking for the type you need it's a pain...

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks a lot man, that will really help.

Really though.... what the hell the devs were thinking when they skipped all those explanations... I mean a lot of them are like, super important for gameplay and strategy... and why can't we sort the units by types or stats when recruiting? Go through every unit of a single race looking for the type you need it's a pain...
VBF had a notoriously useless tutorial that barely tell you anything. There was pretty much no in game resources to actually figure out all the mechanics of the different skills and such. The saving grace was that there was an extensive wiki for it. This game has the same issue with a really shitty tutorial, but there is no wiki for any of the new mechanics introduced.

I'm finally kinda getting the hang of it again. Both VBF and this game have an extremely steep learning curve, but once you finally understand most of it, it gets really satisfying making the perfect teams that have the perfect set up.

One tip that will carry over from the first game is the importance of "Forward guard" and "defense only" on your tank unit. Forward guard will cover all attacks that specifically targets the unit in front of him (or the #6 unit if the tanker is in #1 slot). The idea is to place a really squishy low defense and health unit in the #1 spot with a tank with forward guard on #2. This makes the AI try to target the squishy and always gets blocked by the tanker. Defense only is a must on tankers because it gives them 50% dmg reduction.

After you set up that squishy and tank combination, your efforts need to go into nullifying cross (or wide + pierce) and all attacks. There are some other skill set ups that let you tank consistently, but the forward guard + squishy #1 slot is the simplest one I think.

Edit: There is a new skill called "Miss Target" which works like a reverse forward guard. That can work too.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
What are people's best teams?
there is no singular "best team" i would say. Any built team is decent enough. means pick the trait and build all/most units with boost trait properties. Also do not forget 2-3 night teams and 1 treasure/bounty hunt team

TheXdragon

Jan 22, 2018
VBF had a notoriously useless tutorial that barely tell you anything. There was pretty much no in game resources to actually figure out all the mechanics of the different skills and such. The saving grace was that there was an extensive wiki for it. This game has the same issue with a really shitty tutorial, but there is no wiki for any of the new mechanics introduced.

I'm finally kinda getting the hang of it again. Both VBF and this game have an extremely steep learning curve, but once you finally understand most of it, it gets really satisfying making the perfect teams that have the perfect set up.
Well, this is my first Venus Blood game, so I was a little lost whit the mechanics XD
I figured out most of it because I know how games works but it really isn't simple for new players.

One tip that will carry over from the first game is the importance of "Forward guard" and "defense only" on your tank unit. Forward guard will cover all attacks that specifically targets the unit in front of him (or the #6 unit if the tanker is in #1 slot). The idea is to place a really squishy low defense and health unit in the #1 spot with a tank with forward guard on #2. This makes the AI try to target the squishy and always gets blocked by the tanker. Defense only is a must on tankers because it gives them 50% dmg reduction.
Didn't think about that. Will try. Thanks.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
does difficuty effect the endings or can i play any of them without worry?
Difficulty does not affect endings or scene availability. The only time difficulty matters is when going for 100% Tactica and unit unlocks.

The steep learning curve is really no joke. There's enough "hidden" stuff (mostly unexplained mechanics carried over from previous titles) to make your head spin. On Normal difficulty, it's enough to recruit under optimal conditions and just build teams from the most powerful stuff that naturally goes together. Titles and equipment is just the tip of the iceberg, and you can still get through Hard with smart plays, but on Berserk Thanatos, stuff gets WILD.

I remember built an Evade decoy specifically to tank Dimensional Slash with a "perfect" Guarder (Cross Null, Parry 100, Slayer Defense 150, Godly Physique 50) to defend my backline composed of Fire/Dark/Poison Field passive burners with a Strat Barrier unit to get past a (frankly, total bullshit) boss.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020

After you set up that squishy and tank combination, your efforts need to go into nullifying cross (or wide + pierce) and all attacks. There are some other skill set ups that let you tank consistently, but the forward guard + squishy #1 slot is the simplest one I think.

Edit: There is a new skill called "Miss Target" which works like a reverse forward guard. That can work too.
Thanks for your info, man. Sounds like you know the game pretty well. If I may ask about the h-content: Are all the scenes from the male MC's POV? Does it change to anyone else, or is he always there?

Yokohama1501

Jan 15, 2019
Can you really not edit deployed troops at all until the map is over?
You can click on the city, double click the team to retract it, edit it then and afterwards deploy it again. You have to retract it before you move the team though and you won't be able to attack with it this turn.

Reactions: desmosome
4.10 star(s) 15 Votes