What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Copied the happy hour mode to regular venus club and it's working, however i can't end the day when they preform, whenever i click on it it just won't do nothing. When i load autosave i progress to new day but money earned is suddenly in minus and same bug (can't end the day) persist. I mainly downloaded happy hour for continuation of Nicole scenes but while it does work there are no more dialogues so i don't know if that's an issues that causes no day end bug... Is there any solution for this? Or can somebody upload full save with basic girl pack?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Copied the happy hour mode to regular venus club and it's working, however i can't end the day when they preform, whenever i click on it it just won't do nothing. When i load autosave i progress to new day but money earned is suddenly in minus and same bug (can't end the day) persist. I mainly downloaded happy hour for continuation of Nicole scenes but while it does work there are no more dialogues so i don't know if that's an issues that causes no day end bug... Is there any solution for this? Or can somebody upload full save with basic girl pack?
Was this off a fresh Happy Hour game, or was it a continuation of a v8.1 game?

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Was this off a fresh Happy Hour game, or was it a continuation of a v8.1 game?
It's a loaded save from regular v8 i downloaded here, then i downloaded and pasted your V9.1.s.1 in your signature into regular v8 (maybe that's what messed it up) because of more Nicole options like BJ, etc, but like i mentioned, i can't end day when i click on it.

Other issue, but not that important, added Anna Polina, folder with files like img, json, etc is same as default girls pack but there is no option to hire her, maybe i have bugged save but i can't bother to start new game all over again because i unlocked everything with all upgraded for main girls pack in my v8 save of regular game.

I will try to just paste girls pack into Happy Hour v9.1.S.1 and see if that works.
Edit: That didn't work, same issue, i think only full save would solve this.

Last edited:

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
Also after downloading a girl pack if I rename the girlpack to something else then it doesn't appear in the game. Is there a way around it?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I will try to just paste girls pack into Happy Hour v9.1.S.1 and see if that works.
Edit: That didn't work, same issue, i think only full save would solve this.
I do my best to try to ensure saves are compatible as best as I can, but unfortunately, once new features start adding to the save files there's only so much I can do in that regard, and I apologize that it isn't in this case.

On the bright side, scramble mode is meant for replayability!

As for Anna not showing:

1) Make sure your Girlpacks folder is always organized and set up like this:

example.png

The system isn't going to look deeply into subfolders, it expects your packs to be organised like this, and if it finds something that doesn't quite fit, it won't accept it.

2) Make sure that her top level folder opens directly into the folder with images, JSON_data, texts, and videos folders. If opening it goes into a subfolder with the girls name again, the system can't see it correctly and will ignore it.

It should look like this:

example.png

If you have a data.yml file here as well, that's okay, that's for The Ultimate Strip Club and you can safely ignore it, Venus Club doesn't do anything with it, nor does it care that it's there, so just leave it there for TUSC-compatibility.

3) go into her JSON_data folder, open her Description.JSON file (you can do so in notepad)

example.png

and make sure that there's no line that says:

"inLottery": "true",

and if there is, either change "true" to "false" or delete the line entirely, if you want her to show up in recruits straight away. This line being "true" doesn't mean she isn't in the game, but it does mean you'll have to wait until you use the lottery before you'll see her.

Then, you'll also want to make sure....

Also after downloading a girl pack if I rename the girlpack to something else then it doesn't appear in the game. Is there a way around it?
4) You also have to make sure the girlpack folder name and their name in their information file is identical. So, go into her JSON_data folder, and open her Description.JSON file and make sure the line that says

"name": "Kimberly Brix",

or whatever, has the exact same name that you named her girlpack folder.

So, for example, for Xxlayna Marie, in the Description.JSON file, if the like says anything except

"name": 'Xxlayna Marie",

then the system will reject it outright, and it won't work or be visible by any means. The game will refuse to load it.

5) In the Description.JSON file, every entry but the last needs to end with a comma. I don't make the rules. JSON does.

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
If you rename the pack, you have to rename the description.JSON entry for the pack identically. A girlpack with a JSON "Name" entry that doesn't match the folder name will not appear.

If you've edited the JSON, check for other factors in the JSON: InLottery, ReputationCost, InfluenceCost.

If Lottery is True, she'll only appear in that portion of the game (random chance); If Reputation or Influece are higher than 0, she won't be available until you get farther in the game.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If Reputation or Influece are higher than 0, she won't be available until you get farther in the game.
Girls in Happy Hour should show up now with Influence costs when you haven't yet bought the crime family, I've removed that restriction. (Though it is still true in Vanilla)

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Disgruntler Thank for extensive explanation, are there any cheats available? I just wanna max out girls from basic pack like i already had in previous save and max upgrades.
I also find hiring chart overly complicated, is there basic mode lie hiring girl once like in basic game, if so that's great. I just don't wanna grind all over again when i was at the end game with v8.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Disgruntler Thank for extensive explanation, are there any cheats available?
For me, with the source code? Absolutely. ;)

I just wanna max out girls from basic pack like i already had in previous save and max upgrades.
Nothing's stopping you from manually setting a girl's base stats at max and then hitting 'repair.' But I'm not going to include a 'skip game' button or anything. As it stands, it only takes me 2-3 hours to do a full 'max the club' run (unless I get distracted with a QOL or balance adjustment) and Happy Hour is based around replayability rather than long grinds, almost like a rogue-lite.

I also find hiring chart overly complicated, is there basic mode lie hiring girl once like in basic game, if so that's great. I just don't wanna grind all over again when i was at the end game with v8.
Unfortunately, the game design just isn't going to be based around 'I'm at max and this is where I keep myself' but rather on replaying the journey to get there. I don't currently have anything in the works to that playstyle, instead my work is mostly going to be aimed at the player who's doing multiple complete playthroughs and is looking for ways to change things up. So, additions like The Brokers, the cost reworks, Scramble Mode, and the upcoming Investments Pack are going to be more around making the journey more interesting and varied. They don't really work around the idea of already having an established club and going back and seeing the changes.

For example, having a girl who you hire with low openness but unlocks the trait Oral Enthusiast is very meaningful when you're building your stable and trying to figure out how to get her 'online' with the rest of the club--thus giving her an immediate place where you don't have to grind her openness using Dance, and then Pose to get her caught up. But this is far less meaningful in endgame clubs where the solution is just 'hire someone with 83+ openness or don't hire anyone because you have everyone you need.' My thinking is that when a club is 'done', it's time to start a new game.

Brokers giving random shortcuts to the grind only makes sense within the context of that grind. However, I hope that I'm balanced things so that you always, every day, have something you can do or buy or improve so that you're never 'grinding' but rather, have a constant flow, in and out, of resources you're constantly spending.

That said, I'm going to do another playthrough now.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
One balance change that I have in mind for Investments Patch has to do with the happiness mechanic.

I've had a lot of time and playthroughs and I've come to the determination that I probably overshot the mark in terms of making happiness good. As in, it's really good now. The costume that gives bonuses for the gifts is too good, in fact. With that, the amount of happiness you can get is so high that it can even outdo the level of money gain from the original money gain costume, while also increasing the rep and influence gain. This is too strong in the mid-game, and I'm going to do something to pare this down, but I also don't want to make it unviable, considering that it is about where I want it at end-game where money no longer really matters.

A second problem that I've encountered is that of the Automated level of the bar, cigarettes, etc. (they're called 'Helps' in the game code so that's the term I'll use here.) With the Crime add-on for automated Helps available nice and early, there really isn't much need for these advancements. Except... they save 50$ per day each. At a cost of 15000, that means it'll take 300 days before this becomes a profit. I'm not happy with options that aren't real options, and this is right up there. So I'm faced with a choice. Do I nerf the automated help Crime add-ons, or do I do something about the Automated Level of add-ons?

-----------

Of course, me being me, I like to kill two birds with one stone.

So, in the current build I am testing, Happiness's cap is going to be reduced from 400 to 200. This is going to keep it viable a build option, and early game won't be a problem. But, eventually you're going to get happiness capped with clients and this is going to cap your resource gains in the midgame.

That said, Automated-tier helps, instead of doing something you don't need, will increase your happiness cap by 50 each. This means if you have all four, your happiness at endgame will be restored to the old cap of 400.

On top of this, Investments is adding in a second way to increase the happiness cap, so it is possible to get higher happiness caps and build your club in that direction if that is your desire. More details about how Investments work will be given closer to when I am ready.

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
All of that sounds good. However as someone who has done dozens of playthroughs, I had no idea the happiness mechanic was this deep. I just thought the smiley faces just gave a slight increase to cash or something.

This definitely sounds more interesting than I thought it was. Definitely going to try the gifts costume now, before it gets nerfed.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
All of that sounds good. However as someone who has done dozens of playthroughs, I had no idea the happiness mechanic was this deep. I just thought the smiley faces just gave a slight increase to cash or something.

This definitely sounds more interesting than I thought it was. Definitely going to try the gifts costume now, before it gets nerfed.
Oh I'll tell you exactly what it does.

1) Happiness acts as a bonus that adds on to money. Think of Happiness as a percentage that is multiplied by a bonus that gets added on to money at the end. At high levels, this can be quite a large difference.

2) Happiness acts as a coefficient that multiplies directly with reputation and influence gain. So, whatever you'd gain in rep or influence at 50 happiness, is doubled at 100 happiness. And 200 gives you double 100. And so on. The girl's skill is also a direct multiplier--this is why in Vanilla you don't see much gains at all in rep early on if you have a lineup of 300/0/0/0/0/0/0 girls. This is also why, in Scramble Mode, I automatically start girls with 10 in all the skills their openness allows, so that they always have some ability to get this ball rolling out the gate.

Happiness is increased every tick based on the skill of the girl (but NOT popularity) and as well, by the level of the gift you give. In vanilla, this never mattered because with the 3000 dollar tier gift bonus, you could more or less hit the cap of 100, which meant anything else that contributed to happiness didn't matter. So while Happiness has always been 'strong', it's always been trivial.

Happiness is STRONG in Happy Hour (in fact, that's why I named it Happy Hour). It will still be strong after the nerf, but it won't be 'Holy crap I am taking the gift buff costume every run' strong. Hopefully, you'll still want it as a reliable costume that does give gains, but you'll be motivated to switch to other costumes when needs present themselves. And with Investments, those needs may, in fact, present themselves.

---------

Another change in the pipeline. I'm going to be consolidating Foreplay and Oral Enthusiast into one trait, and Sex and Group Enthusiast into one trait. This is going to make them more powerful, however, this is also going to make Enthusiasts a little less common, which means they're going to be less reliable and more valuable, particularily in Scramble Mode. Weaker traits are going to have additional functionality added.

Eager Student will increase booth skill gains. As well, there is a possibility that Investments can make the class mechanic super strong and remove some of its limitations.
Hustle Queen is going to also affect the Investments mechanic;
High Society Fixer (the trait that reduces the time in Broker) is also going to be expanded to get extra money from Politicians (connections) and the new client type that comes with Investments. (in testing this can lead to massive gains, this is not a small value trait now)

Introducing a new trait (Booth Bunny) which forces a client to upgrade to a higher tier sex act if the girl is capable of handling it.

Introducing a new trait (Snob) which can be very detrimental if used incorrectly, however, it can be VERY useful if used tactically.

If there's any other traits that people aren't 'feeling excited about' let me know.

As well, I'm working on the main club screen a bit, trying to enhance grokability, and helping tutorialize it through direct play.

For example: The ability to buy costumes doesn't appear until you unlock it improvements right now. I'm a fan of this type of function, so I'm making it so that you can't open the Policies menu until you've unlocked the Stage in improvements, as well as making it that you can't access the Staff list without a recruit, or access the daily planning page without a stage and a girl to work it.

Last edited:

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
Oh I'll tell you exactly what it does.

1) Happiness acts as a bonus that adds on to money. Think of Happiness as a percentage that is multiplied by a bonus that gets added on to money at the end. At high levels, this can be quite a large difference.

2) Happiness acts as a coefficient that multiplies directly with reputation and influence gain. So, whatever you'd gain in rep or influence at 50 happiness, is doubled at 100 happiness. And 200 gives you double 100. And so on. The girl's skill is also a direct multiplier--this is why in Vanilla you don't see much gains at all in rep early on if you have a lineup of 300/0/0/0/0/0/0 girls. This is also why, in Scramble Mode, I automatically start girls with 10 in all the skills their openness allows, so that they always have some ability to get this ball rolling out the gate.

Happiness is increased every tick based on the skill of the girl (but NOT popularity) and as well, by the level of the gift you give. In vanilla, this never mattered because with the 3000 dollar tier gift bonus, you could more or less hit the cap of 100, which meant anything else that contributed to happiness didn't matter. So while Happiness has always been 'strong', it's always been trivial.

Happiness is STRONG in Happy Hour (in fact, that's why I named it Happy Hour). It will still be strong after the nerf, but it won't be 'Holy crap I am taking the gift buff costume every run' strong. Hopefully, you'll still want it as a reliable costume that does give gains, but you'll be motivated to switch to other costumes when needs present themselves. And with Investments, those needs may, in fact, present themselves.

---------

Another change in the pipeline. I'm going to be consolidating Foreplay and Oral Enthusiast into one trait, and Sex and Group Enthusiast into one trait. This is going to make them more powerful, however, this is also going to make Enthusiasts a little less common, which means they're going to be less reliable and more valuable, particularily in Scramble Mode. Weaker traits are going to have additional functionality added.

Eager Student will increase booth skill gains. As well, there is a possibility that Investments can make the class mechanic super strong and remove some of its limitations.
Hustle Queen is going to also affect the Investments mechanic;
High Society Fixer (the trait that reduces the time in Broker) is also going to be expanded to get extra money from Politicians (connections) and the new client type that comes with Investments. (in testing this can lead to massive gains, this is not a small value trait now)

Introducing a new trait (Booth Bunny) which forces a client to upgrade to a higher tier sex act if the girl is capable of handling it.

Introducing a new trait (Snob) which can be very detrimental if used incorrectly, however, it can be VERY useful if used tactically.

If there's any other traits that people aren't 'feeling excited about' let me know.

As well, I'm working on the main club screen a bit, trying to enhance grokability, and helping tutorialize it through direct play.

For example: The ability to buy costumes doesn't appear until you unlock it improvements right now. I'm a fan of this type of function, so I'm making it so that you can't open the Policies menu until you've unlocked the Stage in improvements, as well as making it that you can't access the Staff list without a recruit, or access the daily planning page without a stage and a girl to work it.
Sounds neat , will this be out soon?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Sounds neat , will this be out soon?
I hope so, but there's still more testing to go. There's a lot of moving parts in this one. Just now I solved a glitch that was causing the booths to give out +2000 ticks of money which is not at all correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: xxxtent

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
I appreciate the explanation Disgruntler. In other news as I was starting a scramble mode (to try out the gifts costume) I just realized you could click the smiley faces and it gives you information about the customer. Apparently they have a favorite finish? :WaitWhat: Does doing their favorite finish do anything?

BTW how does popularity work? Is it just a better chance at a richer customer?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I appreciate the explanation Disgruntler. In other news as I was starting a scramble mode (to try out the gifts costume) I just realized you could click the smiley faces and it gives you information about the customer. Apparently they have a favorite finish? :WaitWhat: Does doing their favorite finish do anything?
Yes, it gives you a windfall of resources that it adds on during the finisher, on top of what you normally get. This is going to be more important very soon, for certain builds of club.

BTW how does popularity work? Is it just a better chance at a richer customer?
It adds on to the money you get in the booths, although not as much as the skill. The thing is, though, it adds on to every act you ever do, so it is valuable to get. It won't impact happiness gain, however, and therefore doesn't affect influence or reputation gain, unlike skills.

The chance of a richer customer is based on your total reputation. On top of this, the Influencer increases your odds of getting a better customer than your reputation would determine. Above 91 rep, however, Influencers do nothing at all. It's also tiered, meaning that all Very Rich customers have the same base bonus, all Mega Rich customers have the same base bonus, and so on. This gets multipled and adjusted by other factors, of course, but those other factors are based on the girl's stats and any clubwide bonuses you have like costumes, and then the client's happiness every tick.

---------

Testing out the Snob for a while--this is an interesting support trait that doesn't make her good at the booth game herself, but makes her a good 7th or 8th girl by clearing out Dance customers swiftly or by quickly claiming Dance or Pose Politicians or Investors whose value is not determine by happiness or skill rating. This and the new Booth Bunny trait are game changers, allowing a different level of control over the booth game. This has encouraged me to make more traits which you don't necessarily want to work the booths for their own benefits, but offer support to other girls who you do. Of course, use of modular booths might be better for training girls, and I hope these kinds of decisions are interesting, as the game throws more random tools at you to accomplish your strip club dreams.

--------

Meanwhile, while this is going on, a new mechanic is coming in that ask you to change your strategy on the fly in order to gain permanent rewards.

The Investors are available once you start developing connection, same as the Brokers. They are interested financial backers who are interested in bolstering your club in various ways.

When you first unlock the Investors, you start with your choice of four randomly generated investors. Each investor has 3 passive abilities that gain levels over the course of your run, as well as one extra megaability which they get after they reach level 4. These abilities range from increasing the value of specific types of work, to lowering the costs of girls across the board, to even changing the prerequisites of openness to do certain types of work. On top of this, you can earn an extra slot at the broker, another negotiator, or other powerful abilities.

How you mix and match these random abilities with the girls that join your club and their traits is going to have an impact on your play, and this should add a lot of variance and layers of planning should you desire to.

However, investors are not simply content to give you abilities without some sort of proof that your business is viable. In order to level an investor up, you must first entertain them in the club. They will come to visit, and once you send a girl their way, they can see your club is legit and doing well, and you pass the inspection. This will permit you to level them up, and start building passive bonuses. Sometimes, though, an investor will have an additional test before they'll visit the club. They may require you to amass a large amount of influence, or they might see if you make a certain amount of profit in a day. Succeed at their test and they will visit the club anew. Sometimes you may need to switch gears, put off a purchase, or otherwise change your gameplay in order to please them. But the rewards are great for doing so, and some of the bonuses can rival that of costumes once levelled enough. example.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ChubberLang

Zephirot

Dec 24, 2017
There's a method to decide the stats of the girl in the happy hour version? I'm getting random stats and money to hire them.

mgunner2010

Dec 9, 2020
There's a method to decide the stats of the girl in the happy hour version? I'm getting random stats and money to hire them.
In Scramble Mode they will be randomized as far stats go, in Vanilla Mode they will have the stats that is regulated in the girls appropriate JSON file (the descriptor one). If you want to change a girls starting stats look in their folder and find the description JSON file, open it with notepad or such, look for the stat line(s) that you want changed and enter your desired stat number, save it, and then when you go back into the game (in Vanilla Mode) the girls starting stat when you recruit her will be reflected in the change.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
There are ways to kinda predict approximately what you'll get but the randomness is the point. (in Scramble Mode)

-----------------------------

Unfortunately the zoom bug has returned and I haven't figured out the cause yet, but I think this is worth releasing anyways.

This one is a bit of a game changer, literally.

Reactions: ChubberLang
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes