What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
what is the zoom bug?
Hitting zoom on booths 2-6 doesn't work properly and I can't figure out the root cause. Sometimes happens when I go into the booth game functionality, sometimes I can revert it, this time I couldn't. It's hard to figure out what exactly is preventing the zoom buttons from working. What it should do is play the same video as is in the booth but on a pop-up. But, for some reason, it doesn't want to 'see' booths past the first, and there's no reason in the code why this should be that I can find. And sometimes, in unity C++ scripts, it can be something entirely unrelated.

With the gallery, however, the ability to see those videos on demand is present, just elsewhere.

DOaccolon

Oct 26, 2020
Hitting zoom on booths 2-6 doesn't work properly and I can't figure out the root cause. Sometimes happens when I go into the booth game functionality, sometimes I can revert it, this time I couldn't. It's hard to figure out what exactly is preventing the zoom buttons from working.
Just some guessing:

- Might be some kind of (invisible) overlay, so that you think you are clicking on the button but instead you click on some kind of layer?
- Might the new layout in the Main Menu causing issues with the Zoom-functionality?

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Just some guessing:

- Might be some kind of (invisible) overlay, so that you think you are clicking on the button but instead you click on some kind of layer?
Buttons still click, and the function that is called when you click it is still called--it just doesn't pop the popup. If, however, I remove the 'null reference' object offending line, it pops up the zoom window and only shows the video from the first booth paused. Not an object overlay issue.

- Might the new layout in the Main Menu causing issues with the Zoom-functionality?
Nope, the two things are completely irrelevant to each other. (The only objects the zoom button references are wholey within the booth game, not to mention the zoom button broke before I changed the club screen layout.) An object reference broke somewhere I can't find. I might have to rebuild the zoom functionality at the end of the day anyways.

-------

I'm at almost 100 rep in this playthrough. I have 5 connection to buy the brokers. One of my investors wants me to get up to 8 connection. Now the second one wants me to have 7 connection.

I have made a terrible mistake.

-------

Today, I am building some new traits. Karen's finally getting representation.

karens.png
What use is a girl who doesn't want to work the booths?

Answer: If she brings in better customers....

Last edited:

MrBlack_666

Apr 5, 2021
Bug in Scramble mode (9.2.Iv) : buying basic dance for Nicole makes freeze that can be aborted but after all recruited girls are missing, there are booths that are not bought and game is totally messed up.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Bug in Scramble mode (9.2.Iv) : buying basic dance for Nicole makes freeze that can be aborted but after all recruited girls are missing, there are booths that are not bought and game is totally messed up.
How many girl packs do you have?

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
I noticed i have a girl with the snob trait that can't do foreplay yet but still skips dance and pose booths which judging by the traits description i don't think is intended.

Last edited:

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
Here's my random thoughts on the new build.

There's blue 'report' text on the right side of the main menu that doesn't appear to do anything.

'External Enthusiast' doesn't exactly roll off the tongue (pun intended), nor does it provide much information about what it actually means. Edging Enthusiast? Hand and Mouth Enthusiast?

Nicole's freeze bug, where if her random night meeting happens at the same time you complete a mission it freezes the game. Yes, I know this was a problem in Vanilla, and reload of an autosave sidesteps it, but it's still here.

Love the investors. Very fun. Very cool way to spice up the mid-game. Obviously their big contributions aren't all equal. I found the school costs no energy one to be excellent, while the brokers allow four girls to be of limited value. Obviously this can be tuned over time. Overall investors are a very welcome improvement.

On the flip side, the investor mechanic exposes the weaker Broker bonuses even more. Money/connections is great, and free girl with bonus stats is an okay second place. Spending 25 rep and losing a girl for 4 days to get middling bonuses to stats/openness/popularity just feels bad, honestly.

Some of the investor requirements felt somewhat harsh (mostly the girl needs x amount of personal wealth/popularity) but they were all doable with the right girls with the right bonuses which I assume was the intent.

It would be nice to know what the interest rate is on saved funds in the investor bonus. I didn't notice anything on the post-work screen about it.

You were correct, Mover and Shaker is absurdly strong. Speaking of which, is there a $200 per tick limit on booth money?

Also, is Life Coach intended to be super-rare? I only saw it on one girl during two playthroughs and I didn't notice much change so I actually couldn't tell if it was working properly or not.

Overall, this was a great patch with some improvements I didn't know I needed. Great job!

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I noticed i have a girl with the snob trait that can't do foreplay yet but still skips dance and pose booths which judging by the traits description i don't think is intended.
If your club has the capacity to do Foreplay, her bouncing dance and pose is fully intended. Her job is not to build openness and generate money. Her job is to punt! The 'when she can do Foreplay' is solely to make sure a Snob in your openning first girl doesn't lock you out of the game. If that weren't necessary, she'd punt at all levels of openness at all times. In retrospect I could have put in a check that only checks to see if you have one other girl in your roster instead. Honestly though, I think the current implementation is the right call. Once your club is ready for her to punt, she punts, and she doesn't give any fucks.

536 catalogs/packs
Holy fuck, I have no way to test that, I only have 200+! Sounds like a memory leak issue then. I'll try to include more error checking in future builds but this is very time intensive, so please be patient with me.

There's blue 'report' text on the right side of the main menu that doesn't appear to do anything.
It's a debugging tool. The fact it's not 'doing anything' is actually a canary in a coal mine, it's catching -something- I just don't know what it's catching yet. There's some issues with the main menu page that don't appear to affect functionality but that I haven't budgeted the time to fix yet (because they don't seem to affect functionality.) Eventually that spot should report girlpacks loaded.

'External Enthusiast' doesn't exactly roll off the tongue (pun intended), nor does it provide much information about what it actually means. Edging Enthusiast? Hand and Mouth Enthusiast?
Neither does 'Non-pentrative Sex Enthusiast' which was the original name. Also doesn't fit in the text boxes. Honestly, I'm not happy with the name either.

Love the investors. Very fun. Very cool way to spice up the mid-game. Obviously their big contributions aren't all equal. I found the school costs no energy one to be excellent, while the brokers allow four girls to be of limited value. Obviously this can be tuned over time. Overall investors are a very welcome improvement.
One comment on Four Girls, is that at end game your rep gain is so massive you can crank out a girl to the brokers every turn, which is what this is meant to enable. There's also an investment ult that is bugged on the current build (the rng won't make it show up despite it being fully coded) which increases the bonuses given. This was my intended synergy. As well, Diploma is intended to synergize with Soft Skills, and sometimes a weaker ult by itself gets stronger when coupled with another.

On the flip side, the investor mechanic exposes the weaker Broker bonuses even more. Money/connections is great, and free girl with bonus stats is an okay second place. Spending 25 rep and losing a girl for 4 days to get middling bonuses to stats/openness/popularity just feels bad, honestly.
I am open to feedback and ideas on this, because I agree. I don't think that brokers is balanced if it's ALWAYS Resources or Girls though, and there needs be some variance on value on this mechanic or else it has to cost more. However, 25 rep is kinda a sweet spot for costs, anything less than that and you'd never feel it as a cost, and anything more than that and you'd be starving yourself for money. 25 is a good cost. So that's staying.

But if the bonuses don't 'feel good' I can definately work on this, gladly. Perhaps I should consider consolidating the three stat broker abilities into one, and then figure out a fourth broker benefit they could give.

I am not content with how often skill-ups come up in relation to the more swingy bonuses though. So, rest assured, I am looking at this and looking for answers to solve this.

Some of the investor requirements felt somewhat harsh (mostly the girl needs x amount of personal wealth/popularity) but they were all doable with the right girls with the right bonuses which I assume was the intent.
Some of the bonuses are intended to be easy to reach, in fact, most of the time you just automatically get them for early stages.

Some of them are meant to force you to reconsider your costumes, your modular booths or even change your booth strats. For example: Snobs still 'finish' their customers after they punt, which means they still get Popularity.

It would be nice to know what the interest rate is on saved funds in the investor bonus. I didn't notice anything on the post-work screen about it.
It's too weak at the moment, I'll let you know when it's buffed. And including it as information on the post-work screen is something I have overlooked.

You were correct, Mover and Shaker is absurdly strong. Speaking of which, is there a $200 per tick limit on booth money?
So, a little story about this. In testing I accidently made the Investment that boosted Random modular booths such that it multiplied the amount of money gained by the amount of money gained. This was producing ticks of 2000-6000 money which, well, let's just say that wasn't intended. So I put a hard cap in while I persued the bug. I fixed the bug, then I considered the hard cap. Before it wasn't really necessary, was it?

But then, I noticed how strong Mover and Shaker is and decided to keep the cap in.

Now playing with a M+S is a pain in the ass. You really have to get out of your mindless 'put first girl who can here' comfort zone and so it should be rewarding to minmax the booth game in this way. So I like that it is strong. But it will be tweaked so it's not as overpowering.

But the gameplay effect of adding depth to the planning phase and booth phase as well as encouraging you to bring more girls than you do slots and giving you a wider toolkit? I like this, I like it a lot, and going forward, expect more traits that work along these same principles.

For example, in test build right now, there's KarenOn-Floor Managers. This is an interesting trait because it's actually a negative. Once an On-Floor Manager reaches enough openness, they simply stop working. As soon as a customer appears, their energy is IMMEDIATELY reduced to zero. They will not work, at all.

However, while you have a KarenOn-Floor Manager on the field, all customers are boosted by a level automatically. So, instead of a Poor customer, you'd get a Below Average. This means that all customers bring in a higher tier of money than your current rep would indicate.

Also, I had to create a method called KarenFactor() and that delights me, even if no one will ever see it.

Also, is Life Coach intended to be super-rare? I only saw it on one girl during two playthroughs and I didn't notice much change so I actually couldn't tell if it was working properly or not.
Nope, RNG is RNG man. The key is you do need to get the girl the stats. Her job is to catch up girls who are behind, and over time, and gradually. They work in concert with each other though, as their effects are additive.

There's also one for skill-ups in the test realm, that trains girls in their skill specialty as well as gets girls' openness caught up.

The 'coach' type girls have another functionality intended for them in the future, so if they feel weak or that they don't have a place now, they will in the future.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Nicole's freeze bug, where if her random night meeting happens at the same time you complete a mission it freezes the game. Yes, I know this was a problem in Vanilla, and reload of an autosave sidesteps it, but it's still here.
Mmmmphh mppphh mpppppph MPPPHHPHH mppppppph!

I'm tired of people asking about this bug. It's a pain in the ass and I have no clue what's causing it, and the dialog system is outside my paygrade.

So rather than troubleshoot the dialog system, I just took a cudgel and changed the requirements for the trigger. Now, the random night meeting will only occur once you've completed the final mission (buy a crime service.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jggold

MrBlack_666

Apr 5, 2021
Holy fuck, I have no way to test that, I only have 200+! Sounds like a memory leak issue then. I'll try to include more error checking in future builds but this is very time intensive, so please be patient with me.
Its repatable also in Clasic mode- and its just in version 9.2.Iv (checked)- previous versions passed it with same amount of packs with no problem.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Its repatable also in Clasic mode- and its just in version 9.2.Iv (checked)- previous versions passed it with same amount of packs with no problem.
Is it consistantly happening for you, or did it happen the once? Can you replicate it?

I'm just curious about what's different in your environment from my own, because I've not seen this in my testing. But I'll gladly do a retest just to be sure.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
My dude I have managed to replicate it and I am working on a fix immediately!

EDIT: Figured out the exact cause. I had put in a bug fix that was messing with Nicole not getting the proper skillups when she was getting her higher bought items. However, in the case of the basic dance, this was causing her to reference a recruited nicole that did not exist yet, which made everything else confused. I have found a solution for the basic dance problem, and I am now going to test if the other parts remain fixed.

Last edited:

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
I think the icons showing the client allegiance are bugged? I was wondering why i was getting no mafia clients but i think the icon just doesn't show up. It still says what they are when you click on them.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thank you, Kane2607 and I see the cause.

I'm going in and doing a very quick rejigger of that code to include a bit more robustness and redundancy, to ensure the information gets presented and refreshed more often. I am not sure what happened to deactivate the original code, but I'm going to do some different stuff under the hood to get it to work from how it worked before--I needed to do something similar to make Girl Next Door work, so might as well go all the way. This will act as a backbone for a future QoL change I have planned, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention, because the fix for it is going to improve things on my end in the long run.

Good news is, I've got the fix done, and it should be ready shortly.

To sum up the fix, what it was doing before, was it was just tossing up the information when the booth customer was being built and that's it. If this goes wrong (and it was) then it just stops working because Unity gets confused and just gives up and I'm just used to dealing with this behavior at this point.

However, what I've added was continual updating to that information, such that it checks if any of that information changes and reposts it if it does. This means that a failure to put up the right client group portrait can be caught later (in this case a frame later, so you'll never see it), but it also means that if I want to add elements that change client information (which Booth Bunny and Girl Next Door already do in different ways) that I can do so safely. This also makes it easier to add new information and just insert it into this updating flow, which is now working the way I tend to design things and therefore easier for me to futz with.

Also, I've done some paring down of Nicole's videos, so the file size is going to be a bit lower.

The fixes are uploading now.

------

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes