What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

phox00

Apr 29, 2018
Noted. Thank you.

I'll be playtesting a change to the role then. She'll give less of an upgrade to customers, but she does it only while she's recovering energy. So using her harder gets her bonus for longer.
I don't know if it's possible but maybe allow the managers to change traits when sending them to class while playing in scramble. Or can you allready change traits in scramble?

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
I don't know if it's possible but maybe allow the managers to change traits when sending them to class while playing in scramble. Or can you allready change traits in scramble?
I think there is supposed to be an investor ultimate that let's you change a girl's trait but i gotta be real i have yet to see it show up,not sure if i'm really unlucky or if its bugged.

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
Noted. Thank you.

I'll be playtesting a change to the role then. She'll give less of an upgrade to customers, but she does it only while she's recovering energy. So using her harder gets her bonus for longer.
This sounds like a very good idea. I like this a lot.

The Manager stuff sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Same with Club Familiarity--I can't quite picture what you mean but I'll see it when I play it.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Same with Club Familiarity--I can't quite picture what you mean but I'll see it when I play it.
Basically, the longer and more a girl works at the club, the more 'on the job training' they get just being immersed in it. So a girl might not have 100 popularity (for, say, an Advertising role) but if she's been working for you long enough, she might have garnered enough knowledge on how the club works to make up for it. As well, girls who are working backstage passively gain Familiarity over time, because, I mean, they're doing work for the club on the back end.

---------

I think there is supposed to be an investor ultimate that let's you change a girl's trait but i gotta be real i have yet to see it show up,not sure if i'm really unlucky or if its bugged.
I forgot to tell the method that assigns random ults to the investors that this trait exists. This is fixed on the test build.

------

So, I have discovered, through my various experiments, that it is possible (in Normal Mode) to assign a girl a Trait in the JSON file, if you know the right codes to do so. This is not a part of the next patch, this is a thing you can do, live, right now.

To set a default trait that a girl starts with, in Normal Mode, in the Description.JSON file for that girl, add the following field:

"Power" =<num>,

where <num> is the index for which power you want to give according to the following table:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The reason for the duplicate entries for 'enthusiasts' is because it used to be six traits but I consolidated them for backwards save compatibility. There is some error checking to make sure that it updates to the correct trait of the pair but I can't guarantee full functionality if you use the unprefered trait. I will not be overriding this functionality for Normal Mode, because Normal Mode is the 'fuck it, it's your sandbox do what you want, be op, not my circus not my monkeys' mode.

Last edited:

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
So, I have discovered, through my various experiments, that it is possible (in Normal Mode) to assign a girl a Trait in the JSON file, if you know the right codes to do so.

To set a default trait that a girl starts with, in Normal Mode, in the Description.JSON file for that girl, add the following field:

"Power" =<num>,

where <num> is the index for which power you want to give according to the following table:
How does this correlate to the Specialty characteristic that you mentioned a few pages back?

For instance, if a girl's specialty is Sex but her power is External Enthusiast. Does she get upgrades in foreplay, oral and sex?

Just wondering if it was possible to cross the characteristics in a way to make a girl with low openness be good to almost 80 from the outset.

Thanks again for the work you're putting into this.

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
How does this correlate to the Specialty characteristic that you mentioned a few pages back?

For instance, if a girl's specialty is Sex but her power is External Enthusiast. Does she get upgrades in foreplay, oral and sex?

Just wondering if it was possible to cross the characteristics in a way to make a girl with low openness be good to almost 80 from the outset.

To my understanding Specialty is just a starting stat bonus that has relations to things like the Hot Teacher trait.

Traits like Enthusiast let you sidestep openness. So for your example she could sidestep openness for foreplay and oral, but needs the required openness for sex. Though she will be better at Sex, once unlocked, because of her specialty.

I think that is right, through there may be other bonuses to learning with specialties that I'm not aware of.

Reactions: jggold

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021

In Normal Mode, obviously, yes.

----

Some transparency on how the traits are derived however in Scramble Mode.

First it takes the 'scramble level' of the club and corresponds that (with some randomness) to the openness of the candidate girl. Then, her stats are scaled linearly with that openness.

From there, her specialty (if she doesn't already have one by default) and her trait is randomly determined.

The speciality gives her a +15 bonus to that skill, and if she has the enthusiast trait, she gets a further +10 bonus to the two skills affected by that trait. (In the test build, Enthusiasts always get their 'enthusiasm' in the same skill they specialize in.)

Then she gets a bonus of +10 to every skill her openness naturally gives her access to.

After that, the stats get a random variance applied, and that's how you get your girl's starting skills in scramble mode!

So, if you had an all zero girl, a girl (in current build) could start with Specialty in Sex, External Enthusiast, and have a good starting set of skills from Foreplay to Sex, with a starting dab in Dance as well.

Though, this might not be an optimal set up for endgame; YMMV (your meta may vary.)

Myself, I've found good starting girl traits that will go the distance are things like Energetic, No Thoughts, and I hope Floor Manager 2.0 makes this list too. I'm not unhappy to see an girl 2 or 3 Self-Promo, but not in my first girl.

Once you get the checklist done, M/S, Cousin, Advertiser, Self-Promo, and Over-Achiever start to get into play. What I'll often do when I approach club level 3 (Foreplay tier) and level 5 (Final tier) is bank the appropriate enthusiasts in my revealed lists because their openness won't matter for the new tier of work.

I'll also pick up Life Coaches, and make one a priority for the booth.. The one Life Coach will boost the other Life Coaches. In Test Build though using Life Coaches will get them online faster.

I don't worry about starting skills, so much, just because Brokers takes care of that for a girl that's too far behind, and class takes care of the rest.

I still need to do more playtesting on the test build though, because I've deliberately gone in and chiseled at part of my own meta.

----------------

To set up your default Speciality skill in JSON (which will carry over and matter in Scramble Mode):

"specialSkill" = <num>,

where <num> corresponds to the specialty you want the girl to have:

NONE = 0,
DANCE = 1,
POSE = 2,
FOREPLAY = 3,
ORAL = 4,
SEX = 5,
GROUP = 6

If you don't have the field, it defaults to 'none.' So if you have a girl 'famed' for a specific level of an act, you can have her specialized and force her to start with a little bonus in Scramble Mode. This bonus won't apply in Normal Mode, because I assume you've set that manually yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: jggold

rbaxt

Nov 4, 2017
Just a headsup, I think the girlnextdoor trait may be bugged. At the end of the night all the other girls will leave, but the girl with the trait will stay and the night will not end. Creating a soft lock on the game.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Just a headsup, I think the girlnextdoor trait may be bugged. At the end of the night all the other girls will leave, but the girl with the trait will stay and the night will not end. Creating a soft lock on the game.
Might be a one off. Have you replicated this?

rbaxt

Nov 4, 2017
It could be something other, as I have been playing around with the new trait start for classic mode. And since adding the traits the night will not end. I'm checking now to see if it works fine with the non traited girls.

rbaxt

Nov 4, 2017
It seems like the problem was a corrupted save, started a new game and it worked fine. Sorry about that.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It seems like the problem was a corrupted save, started a new game and it worked fine. Sorry about that.
Not a problem at all--that issue usually indicates something broke when saving, so I just wanted to be sure. I appreciate you bringing it up anyway.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
yup that is a bug which pisses me off too, but i don't think anyone knows a way to fix it from what I've heard.
Yeah, I'm not able to find the cause of it, and figuring out an alternative implementation has been a pain.

Doing so means doing some rejiggering of *waves at all that* and I don't want to break things worse than it already is now, given how core the booth game is to everything (and how core the zoom button truly is not) it's a matter of risk assessment.

I'll get to reimplimentation but I'm WAY too far into this build's changes to start messing with that level of thing. That'd have to be something I do as a starting point of a new build.

--------

In response to the feedback on Soft Skills, I'm testing a new trait which has the name "Boring But Effective Investor Trait" which gives a free level to all investor traits.

I forgot who gave the feedback requesting Theme Nights as a mechanic. I'm currently going to be testing a Theme Night investor Ult.

On top of this, if an ultimate has some obvious synergy/necessity with a scaling investment trait, I'm going to force the investor to have that trait as well. So, for example, an ult that boosts happiness gain will have the happiness + trait.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021
I acquired the modular booth but can't find the option to set the focus on one performance. How can i do it?
on the planning page, you will see a widget for each modular booth. The default is random. Click that and then you can choose a specialty for the booth.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I acquired the modular booth but can't find the option to set the focus on one performance. How can i do it?
In Happy Hour:

1652810829355.png

In Vanilla:

You go click on the button 'select booth specialties' on the bottom left, and it pulls up the booth list. (working off the top of my head, it's been a hot minute since I've had Vanilla in my hands)

Either way, click the button for the booth, and set it to the Work Type you want, or Random if you prefer. In Vanilla, there's no benefit for going Random, in Happy Hour, you get a small bonus.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes