What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

xxxtent

Feb 26, 2018
Unfortunately, because it's not 'an official version' they won't.
Oh then can you start a new thread or something can say that its a remake or fan rework of the original vc game by tobe. Cause i see like a lot of games on this websites which get abounded by the original dev and someone else takes over. Obviously if you dont want to do that , its cool.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Oh then can you start a new thread or something can say that its a remake or fan rework of the original vc game by tobe. Cause i see like a lot of games on this websites which get abounded by the original dev and someone else takes over. Obviously if you dont want to do that , its cool.
I did try to ask for a take over of the thread.

It's fine.

Regarding 9.2, everything seems to be coming along great. The Backstage Jobs feature hasn't caused many problems, and it's been a very stable build so far. Most of what I'm doing involves playing through and getting the numbers tweaked just right. It's fiddly work and I'm not quite sure I'm content with the numbers, quite yet, but that's a good problem to have.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You can make a separate theme as a theme as a mod for the game and that's it.
It's fine.

Changing Snob so she'll only bounce when she's eligible to do Foreplay.

Also changing the first-three-girl generation so that not only will it pick from girls flagged with "firstgirl=true" if you have any, but also, it'll select from a short list of traits to give her, so no Snob, no On-Floor, or other mid-game-aiming girls.

Also, adding an extra calculation in Scramble Mode that adjusts girls' starting values based on the relative values of the girl's JSON-set stats. This won't make you able to get 'mega stats' per se, but if you have a girl with 0 in 5 stats and 100 in the 6th, the game will recognize that disparity and give a slight adjustment up for that 6th stat and an adjustment down for the other 5.

Also, shower thoughts gave me the inspiration for a new game mode. Not a big deal to add actually. It'll be available in Classic and Scrambled variations.

Crown Jewel Mode is going to give a set of endgame goals. Nothing big. Five girls get randomly* assigned as 'Crown Jewels.' Each requires a MASSIVE cost of resources, each one requiring more types of resources than the last. It's basically there to set an endgame goal: Get 5 Crown Jewels. Each one is going to be a 100-stat girl with a unique trait that makes them extremely overpowered in the booth game.

Basically, once you get these girls, that's it, you've pretty much won.

Not a big deal of a mode, but it gives something to work towards should you want it.

*of course, if you set the girl to have the Crown Jewel trait in their JSON then they're going to automatically start as one of the 5 Crown Jewels, unless you have 6+ girls like that, in which case it'll randomly choose 5 and demote the rest to powerless.

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
9.3 will be going up some time today. I'm happy with where it stands, the game balance is to my liking (though some things are going to be a bit tougher).

----------

Since I have started working on Venus's Club, there have been assorted minor changes to the Description.JSON, either discovered traits that can be set, or additional traits that can be set that I've discovered how to set in advance. My announcements to these changes are spread throughout this and the Girlpack thread, and while it's fine for communicating these discoveries live, it is not a good way to keep a record of these and any other changes that may occur.

I want to make sure you have a place where that information is collected and exists.

One document that I am including with 9.3 is a reference sheet to all the different fields in Description.JSON, what they do, what their defaults are, as well as a guide to the "Power" entry and how to use that to force a girl to start with a specific trait in Normal Mode. For those who enjoy going in and tinkering with the Description.JSON file and customizing your Normal Mode experience, I think it might be good to have all the information on the fields in one place.

Now, there ARE fields I have not included that you could set if you knew what they were called, but those can break the girl and how she functions, so I'm not telling you those internal fields. (for example, it's possible to have a girl start off working for the brokers with a level 100 resources contract. Useful for troubleshooting and bugtesting, but I'm not going to tell you how to do this.)

------------------------------

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
Are skills no longer supposed to increase by working the booths? I guess there's enough other ways to increase them anyway. Also the first Crown Jewels step i had (100 rep) was completed with me having like 30,maybe that was because of the advertiser staff that hit 112% at that point, didn't get anything for it though.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Are skills no longer supposed to increase by working the booths? I guess there's enough other ways to increase them anyway. Also the first Crown Jewels step i had (100 rep) was completed with me having like 30,maybe that was because of the advertiser staff that hit 112% at that point, didn't get anything for it though.
Skills are a bit harder to grind, until you have a Trainer.

The crown icon to hire a jewel shouldn't appear until you fulfill all the requirements. Once it does, you'll see the Crown Jewel show up as a recent recruit.

The first one is relatively easy to get.

After that... not so much.

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
Yeah that's why i think something wacky must have happened, i'm not at 100 rep now let alone when it went to 4/5 available and there was no recent hire. :unsure:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah that's why i think something wacky must have happened, i'm not at 100 rep now let alone when it went to 4/5 available and there was no recent hire. :unsure:
Might be that pesky underflow error... do you have someone in your team with the trait 'Crown Jewel?' (Might have also accidently recruited her into your team through other means despite that not supposed to be allowed to happen)

Kane2607

Sep 18, 2018
Nope, no crown jewels in here! Also i'm not sure how you retrain traits but if it's that "Retrain 3" button i can't seem to get that one to work,maybe i'm blind and just don't see what i need for it.

tweight

Aug 14, 2018
Hello, I have a problem playing on Macbook m1 via parallels on Windows 11 (arm). Instead of all images from the packs, a standard white image is loaded instead of images from the pack, but everything is fine with the video.
Снимок экрана 2022-05-21 в 07.23.27.png

i'm talking about this image

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hello, I have a problem playing on Macbook m1 via parallels on Windows 11 (arm). Instead of all images from the packs, a standard white image is loaded instead of images from the pack, but everything is fine with the video.
View attachment 1822586

i'm talking about this image
Might want to talk to one of the pack makers who makes Mac packs, because this means it's not finding the files, so there might be some Mac-specific thing you need to do. I know that mac users' packs have some differences but I'm not an expert on the platform.

Nope, no crown jewels in here! Also i'm not sure how you retrain traits but if it's that "Retrain 3" button i can't seem to get that one to work,maybe i'm blind and just don't see what i need for it.
I'll work on this and get a fix going as soon as I get some time to do so.

Not sure how it's showing 4/5 crown jewels with you having none, but I can create an error check for it, and push that into a build.

michiforever

May 10, 2020
Skills are a bit harder to grind, until you have a Trainer.
assigned a trainer for group skill, had the max costume as well, played the day and had 0 improvements, are you sure it is working? tried it with a new game, and there it worked, maybe a corrupt file

Last edited:

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
assigned a trainer for group skill, had the max costume as well, played the day and had 0 improvements, are you sure it is working? tried it with a new game, and there it worked, maybe a corrupt file
There's an element of RNG to it, and this may be affecting gains.

ZipoZipo

Jan 28, 2020
Greetings,

Great Work Disgruntler!

Please advise if there are gonna be any movement on the Nicole front. It kinda sucks that there is no story to it.

Neveretheless great job, and maybe its just me..

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Greetings,

Great Work Disgruntler!

Please advise if there are gonna be any movement on the Nicole front. It kinda sucks that there is no story to it.

Neveretheless great job, and maybe its just me..
Naw, it's not just you. I'm very aware that Nicole's story is something some people desire to see progress on.

But, it is divisive. Time spent on creating story is time not adding core features.

For me, it comes down to the idea that adding new story to Nicole would be very tedious (due to how it's implemented, it would not be easy for me to just add new chapters of writing) coupled with the simple fact that I don't download or rip videos myself. Not my forte, so to speak. I just build systems and maths and stuff. And when you couple that with the fact that, well... I just don't know where to take her story after the final date. I'm just not confident I can deliver here.

I understand your desire for more Nicole stuff. I'm just uncertain I can do you right on that front.

---------

As for what my brain is cooking up right now:

A) I have many ideas for mechanics and direction that have ended up on the cutting room floor. Many ideas that just haven't got a good 'fit' for them. Good ideas, wrong game. That's just the nature of the best. But, these ideas might fit in a different game. So, I am considering starting up a new project, though no ETA at all on news on this. What I can say is that if I do create my own game it will:
  1. Take place in the same general 'universe' as Venus's Club, and be a spinoff.
  2. Be a systems-based game in the same way Venus's Club is.
  3. Have a different gameplay loop entirely from Venus's Club (otherwise I'd just do it in Venus's Club)
  4. Have a different gameplay fantasy than Venus's Club. We have two VC-Girlpack games based on running a club. We don't need a third, or more importantly, I don't need to be making a third. If I want to make a Strip Club/Brothel game and mechanic, there's no need because VC already exists and scratches that itch. The game I am thinking of would play to a different game fantasy.
  5. Use the VC Girlpack format, which is the biggest strength of VC. VC was always a decent game but it was the Girlpack system that came out of it that made it really good, and kept me coming back. Without the Girlpack system, there would be no Happy Hour, and none of us would still be in this conversation today. Any game I'd want to make would want to have the same customizability and user control and expandability that VC has, and there is no need to reinvent the wheel when this wheel rolls so nicely anyways.
B) Bug fixes are always a concern.

C) My next big patch won't likely be a gameplay patch, but a utility patch. I'm currently in the drawing board/ui building phase of creating a utility that will permit the player to edit the contents of the Description.JSON files through the game's ui, rather than by editting the JSON files directly. On top of this, I am considering a means to be able to edit the data.yml file for TUSC play as well. Most of this is for my own convenience, at the end of the day.

Last edited:

ChubberLang

Oct 1, 2017
Doing a quick run (normal with crown jewels) from the start and I'm noticing a few of my hires (maybe 1 in 10) are not starting with a specialty at all. I only noticed after Delta White (I set all my packs to 0 to speed up testing) was given hot teacher but had no specialty at all.

I restarted the game and hired my 24 girls again. This time a different group of three had no specialty.

Is this a bug, an issue with the girlpacks, or are some girls not supposed to have specialties?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 49 Votes