What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

rbaxt

Nov 4, 2017
The way it happens it seems to be picking crown jewels and throwing them into the lottery. Only happens in 9.5.0.2 which has a horked start menu. If you start the game with only a small number of packs you can't play at all, need somewhere near 20 packs to avoid. Then when you start it will take you to scramble even though only normal should be available.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The way it happens it seems to be picking crown jewels and throwing them into the lottery.
The packs that went to the lottery in my last game weren't there at the start, so they couldn't have been picked as Crown Jewels. I figured it was some kind of glitch with adding them in later, which is why I'm curious to see whether those same ones will end up in the lottery again.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
The packs that went to the lottery in my last game weren't there at the start, so they couldn't have been picked as Crown Jewels. I figured it was some kind of glitch with adding them in later, which is why I'm curious to see whether those same ones will end up in the lottery again.
I don't usually play Crown Jewels style anyways. And I have over 300 packs, so the small sample size certainly isn't my issue.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The way it happens it seems to be picking crown jewels and throwing them into the lottery. Only happens in 9.5.0.2 which has a horked start menu. If you start the game with only a small number of packs you can't play at all, need somewhere near 20 packs to avoid. Then when you start it will take you to scramble even though only normal should be available.
If it's happening in Scramble Mode, this isn't what's happening, because no one gets 'thrown into the lottery.' This is just not behavior that exists in the game.

In normal mode, it checks girls who are flagged for the lottery in their JSON. In scramble, it ignores the flag and grabs a random girl who is not in the CJ list for that specific game.

-----

You are right though, it is going into the scramble mode when scramble mode should be disabled. I'll get back to you on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logan1377

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If it's happening in Scramble Mode, this isn't happening, because no one gets 'thrown into the lottery.' This is just not behavior that exists in the game.
I've already reported that happening to you once before. Just because you're not aware of a reason why/how it would be happening doesn't mean it can't.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I've already reported that happening to you once before. Just because you're not aware of a reason why/how it would be happening doesn't mean it can't.
The problem isn't that it's throwing girls 'into the lottery' in scramble mode (that wouldn't do anything, Scramble Mode just ignores the lottery's existence), the problem appears to be that it's doing normal mode behavior but giving access to the scramble mode UI which is the undefined behavior.

EDIT: I think I found the cause.

Tested a fix, seems to work but my build is in a limbo state because of other changes needing to be worked with so I do not have an eta on this.

What's happening with the bug is when you start a new game, what it's doing is checking if the toggles for the various game selections are set, and then going forward with those selections. I switched to toggles because there's a third setting in the works and every game-type setting I add would double the number of buttons and so I swapped over to toggles.

What I forgot to do is check to see if a toggle was deactivated in the logic for checking if the toggle was set or not upon starting a gain. So what you're seeing is the abnormal behavior the game does when trying to do scramble+cjs with a low girl-count.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logan1377

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The problem isn't that it's throwing girls 'into the lottery' in scramble mode (that wouldn't do anything, Scramble Mode just ignores the lottery's existence)
All I know is, when I clicked on the lottery button in Scramble mode, it recruited girls that weren't available (even after all the other girls were recruited) in the normal Recruit Girls screen.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
All I know is, when I clicked on the lottery button in Scramble mode, it recruited girls that weren't available (even after all the other girls were recruited) in the normal Recruit Girls screen.
The only filter I have for girls in Scramble Mode's recruitment is CJs. Otherwise, it clones a girl directly from the master data table without respect to the lottery.

Now the lottery should not be selecting CJs in Scramble Mode, but in the case of a small roster, undefined behavior gonna undefined.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The only filter I have for girls in Scramble Mode's recruitment is CJs. Otherwise, it clones a girl directly from the master data table without respect to the lottery.

Now the lottery should not be selecting CJs in Scramble Mode, but in the case of a small roster, undefined behavior gonna undefined.
I'm playing a game with Scramble and CJs now, so whenever I've recruited everyone in the Recruit Girls screen, I'll do an inventory and see if anyone's left out again this time (it could take a while for me to get that point, I'm not in a hurry).

skinnynerd

Sep 25, 2020
What I forgot to do is check to see if a toggle was deactivated in the logic for checking if the toggle was set or not upon starting a gain. So what you're seeing is the abnormal behavior the game does when trying to do scramble+cjs with a low girl-count.
Interesting. I am running 340 girlpacks, so I don't know if the count is causing the problem on my end. I tried updating to .2, but still no dice. Thanks for the quick reply!

rbaxt

Nov 4, 2017
Never said anything about the wonky behavior because it wasn't game breaking, and was in the test build. I only discovered it when I was testing packs I was working on and not knowing the code was taking a guess as to why packs not noted as such were ending up in the lotto and that made the most sense.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Never said anything about the wonky behavior because it wasn't game breaking, and was in the test build. I only discovered it when I was testing packs I was working on and not knowing the code was taking a guess as to why packs not noted as such were ending up in the lotto and that made the most sense.
Oh no, it's fine, I'm not being pedantic to be a dick about it, I'm being pedantic to help myself troubleshoot and eliminate causes and actually solve the problem and hopefully help to get a workaround while I slowly fuck around with *everything else I need to get fixed in this build.*

I actually don't really know the behavior (for post 8.1) for girlpack-counts that are fairly low or the behavior of what happens when you hire 'all the girls' because that's not really feasible with the girlpack-count that I have--so there's certain things I need to fix in that regard as well, technical debt I've earned for myself through changes I've made to accomodate large girlpack counts.

Reactions: rb813

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This game appears to be dead?
Will there be an update?
The game's been more or less complete for a while. I have some plans for expansion.

New content is made for it almost every week though, so 'dead' is probably the wrong word for it. It's not really about the updates to the game itself though, it's about the user content for this kid.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
One could argue that this game will get more new content than any other. People can create girlpacks forever if they want to.

Reactions: jggold

grunt0815

Apr 20, 2019
Does club level passively increase skill?
All my Girls gain +2 in every skill despite me not buying cam shows/making sure they all have the energetic trait.
-no lounge/trainer/leader or investor traits(except free classes that I never send them to maybe?)
-bought but never used the broker

Also for some reason, all Girls start with 0 in Dance and 10 in every other skill although I edited all to 0.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Does club level passively increase skill?
All my Girls gain +2 in every skill despite me not buying cam shows/making sure they all have the energetic trait.
-no lounge/trainer/leader or investor traits(except free classes that I never send them to maybe?)
-bought but never used the broker

Also for some reason, all Girls start with 0 in Dance and 10 in every other skill although I edited all to 0.
There's a bonus to skills applied as you unlock various policies.

One could argue that this game will get more new content than any other. People can create girlpacks forever if they want to.
Yeeeep.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
And also, there are a ton of visual novels out there already. Some of us like games with a focus on something besides clicking through endless text.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes