Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Sorry, but I don't know anything about game engines, so I don't know how to argue your answer. I'll take it like it is, I guess there could be something worse, RAGS.
Yeah I agree, QSP and RAGS are looking like two very ugly peas in one pod. They even operate almost the exactly the same for text games with many windows and such.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Sorry, but I don't know anything about game engines, so I don't know how to argue your answer. I'll take it like it is, I guess there could be something worse, RAGS.
They're 100% right. The code for the potions didn't change between 1.97 and 1.98, but it's just completely broken. Not sure if was a compression error or what but the code simply broke do to something being deleted, and I can't find out what. Around 90% of the errors where it says that a semicolon is missing is because it just doesn't save it somehow.

I test out scenes before the game releases and it worked the time I test it, but then I get a plethora of bug reports about stuff I just wrote and have the scene still in Notepad++ and it is written correctly there.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Well, that sounds like a nightmare. Nothing more frustrating than something you spend your time on breaking, and not technically by your own hand, either.

In theory, if you know how a problem is being created, then you have means to combat it. But if it's some sort of translation error or issue from saving...

I'm sure you've already attempted this, but any shot at tracking down another creator that has been fighting the good fight with this system? With an annoyance as problematic as this is, you'd think there would be records or mention of others dealing with it as well.

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
Well, that sounds like a nightmare. Nothing more frustrating than something you spend your time on breaking, and not technically by your own hand, either.

In theory, if you know how a problem is being created, then you have means to combat it. But if it's some sort of translation error or issue from saving...

I'm sure you've already attempted this, but any shot at tracking down another creator that has been fighting the good fight with this system? With an annoyance as problematic as this is, you'd think there would be records or mention of others dealing with it as well.
All the QSP game guys struggle with the same issues, basically all of their change logs and patches are 80% fixing bugs caused by an earlier update. The only exception is probably Girl Life, but they've got a pretty big team of all-star collaborators with lengthy dev version testing (not to mention, oddly little/no drama). And even they have problems with bugs. It's just the nature of the beast.

The upshot of QSP, is it's fairly intuitive to learn organically as you're forced to fiddle with it, and you can learn a lot just by peeking at the internals of existing games like Albedo (which I think it itself is forked from some older game).

Reactions: HotSausageGrrl
Apr 29, 2022
I'm changing up how the inventory works because some item descriptions need a bit of text to properly convey what an item is, and the object panel is too small for it.

All your stuff is going to be in the equipment menu, which I can disable during cutscenes and fights to solve some bugs that got reported.

There's a number of menus in there, the ones I have so far are:

Accessories: Hats, Robes, Disguises and the like. Items that do things.
Books: All of your books, what they do and what they do for you.
Clothing: Your clothes
Food: All of your food supplies
Resources: Anything not considered anything else
Potions: Anything you drink or apply to yourself like lube, makeup and potions
Weapons: Weapons are in there too.

The question is should I have the ledger in the books tab or seperate and just another tab like clothes or food.
Regarding the inventory, I can't help but ponder a few things:

1. Where would poisoned foods go, if they are in fact going into the food supplies area or not, on the one hand, it would be funny to accidentally poison yourself with your own poisoned food or just something you unwittingly gathered, but the lack of clarity may be an issue gameplay wise as it would then do the opposite of what food normally does.

2. Where does armor go? I'd imagine that in the clothing section as it is something you wear (incidentally, can't wait for bikini armor to be a thing with maybe while having the drawback of obvious lack of protection, it could have evasion and maybe even protection from heat effects or something.)

2a. What about shields, are they "clothing" as they work as armor, "weapons" for as a combat item that is held in hand (but that could have some potential combat applications such as from a shield bash), or "resources" as it is not quite one of those things?

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Phew! Finally started feeling human enough to give this another crack, pun almost intended. It's almost as if I watched the recent Castlevania season, or something (it was mostly okay, Richter seems to bounce between being formidable to useless with the flip of a coin).

Wasn't sure how this one would go. Ultimately she ended up looking less like an adventurer and more of a lewd lion tamer... which given her Aunts whole circus setup, almost makes sense in a weird way, haha.

Now I can't help but imagine Percy having her own questionable training montage under her aunts tutelage, once she finds her will. Heh.

It's unfinished, gotta tend to the lines and colors, but seemed decent enough to be worth sharing. Viva la Percy!

Percy Tamer Color 01.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

WinterGreen

Mar 21, 2022
How do you break Meat's collar? I did the collar quest but it says I need to get someone stronger when I try it.
You need to use demon semen to break the collar, if meat's collar doesn't break then break the werewolf's collar first.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
How do you break Meat's collar? I did the collar quest but it says I need to get someone stronger when I try it.
Find this quest's walkthrough in the cheat section in the ledger. It will be much faster than explaining each step.

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017
Forgive me again for repeating myself, i don't think i saw a reply. How does catch Bill Fucking Bess as a male character in 1.97? I feel like I missed a step or something.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Forgive me again for repeating myself, i don't think i saw a reply. How does catch Bill Fucking Bess as a male character in 1.97? I feel like I missed a step or something.
Just stepping in into the barn zone should activate it. The event is probably time dependent, so try to do this at different times of the day.

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017
Just stepping in into the barn zone should activate it. The event is probably time dependent, so try to do this at different times of the day.
Tried that using 5min intervals going to and from the barn. Only saw bill there between 6:00am - 11:00am. Interacting with him gave me nothing at all. This is why im so confused as to why i haven't caught him. Went there once as a female at the start with a new game and caught him basically straight away.

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
Tried that using 5min intervals going to and from the barn. Only saw bill there between 6:00am - 11:00am. Interacting with him gave me nothing at all. This is why im so confused as to why i haven't caught him. Went there once as a female at the start with a new game and caught him basically straight away.
"if BillCaught=1 and BillCaughtAgree=0 and vagina>0:"

He's hetero, you need a vagina.

Mar 23, 2022
They're 100% right. The code for the potions didn't change between 1.97 and 1.98, but it's just completely broken. Not sure if was a compression error or what but the code simply broke do to something being deleted, and I can't find out what. Around 90% of the errors where it says that a semicolon is missing is because it just doesn't save it somehow.

I test out scenes before the game releases and it worked the time I test it, but then I get a plethora of bug reports about stuff I just wrote and have the scene still in Notepad++ and it is written correctly there.
Obviously I don't know much about Qgen or coding in general but is it a possibility that due to taking it out of qgen, putting the code into notepad++ then back into qgen is causing the issues?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I'm sure that'll be tweaked, if it hasn't been, in the future. Trap makeup for the win.
I'm working on actually having the disguise system function.

Obviously I don't know much about Qgen or coding in general but is it a possibility that due to taking it out of qgen, putting the code into notepad++ then back into qgen is causing the issues?
I wrote most scenes, aside from minor edits, in Notepad++. I've just accepted that things break or don't save correctly.

VIA2504

Oct 11, 2019
Hi! Is it me so dumb or something goes wrong? I can't find Yvee in goblins cave. Maybe there is some condition to make her appear?

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I'm working on actually having the disguise system function.
Keen. Going to use it on the boat and the amazons?

Thoughts on Percy outfit? Too silly? Or just about right? Working on getting used to adventuring outfits for the cast so I'm not always drawing them in the buff when they are in the city or wild. Or uh, other settings.

Messing with Gobwife instead of finishing the above, because I clearly can't learn. Hahaha.

Any idea when you'll hurl out another version? It's be easier to explore without most combat encounters resulting in mutually assured destrucion. No hurry, mind, just curious.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes