Aug 8, 2017
any male to female stuff in the game?
PC (backstory): If you pick Last of the Line (male) start, then it happens to you in the prologue (albeit you do still have a dick, but there are ways to lose that.)
NPC (gameplay): Percy starts as a dude, and can be given a potion to turn female.
(While that's all that I can remember, there may be more - I haven't explored much of the game starting as a male character.)

Reactions: HotSausageGrrl

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
MPreg is in an odd spot since it is one of those cursed conditions that get you arrested for something that you can't control like getting raped and impregnated by a monster.

The school is going to be overhauled soon once I add in the ability to take classes. I need to make it so that if you made any friends as a student that they get referenced when you start teaching.

One of the main problems I've been working on is fixing the problems with the inventory so that stuff like crossdressing can be done without getting odd messages like "You drink the makeup kit" or accidentally opening up the inventory during conversations and having to restart the event.
We will live in lawlessness, with Blackjack and Hookers.

1697962322555.jpeg

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I'm working on getting the second bugtest version out. Just finishing up a few events and re-testing the magic spells I put in.

Should have a release out tomorrow, and I'll post it on my subscribestar for free again.

You'll have to redownload it again. Saves may work as I've mostly just been doing back-end stuff. Trying to fix the potion system took really long before I just gave up and redid it.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
I'm working on getting the second bugtest version out. Just finishing up a few events and re-testing the magic spells I put in.

Should have a release out tomorrow, and I'll post it on my subscribestar for free again.

You'll have to redownload it again. Saves may work as I've mostly just been doing back-end stuff. Trying to fix the potion system took really long before I just gave up and redid it.
Have battle errors been fixed? They were the most troublesome, couldn't beat anyone without getting errors.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
A fair question. I myself was opting to wait for a new testrun before dabbling. Mostly because crazy busy, but also because us fine folk were already thumping Snekk about the head and shoulder with bug reports.

Also: obligatory ra, ra cheer for the Dev. You can do it!

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Have battle errors been fixed? They were the most troublesome, couldn't beat anyone without getting errors.
I think so. I'm blasting zombies, bats, wolves and goblins with lightning in the sewers and not getting any errors.

Still need to work on loot tables and after-combat rewards, but fighting doesn't seem to have any obvious bugs.

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
I think so. I'm blasting zombies, bats, wolves and goblins with lightning in the sewers and not getting any errors.

Still need to work on loot tables and after-combat rewards, but fighting doesn't seem to have any obvious bugs.
I have some time recently, I will play the next test version and report bugs. It is a duty to which we are called, hehe.

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Should the student start be playable yet?
In the test version, I get:

Error
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!

Thing is, as far as I know, the student start is a new thing, so I don't know if its just not implemented yet or what.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Should the student start be playable yet?
In the test version, I get:

Error
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!

Thing is, as far as I know, the student start is a new thing, so I don't know if its just not implemented yet or what.
Not yet, along with the lizard start.

Apr 29, 2022
1. Huh, weird, last time I've heard, I could have the chosen one start as an elf; either I was mistaken or that is no longer the case with this version of the game.

2. Decided to try the last of the line start for a spin and the image is missing:
1698266133065.png

2a. Another broken image:
1698266422147.png

3. On a similar vain, upon getting the first opportunity to open up my ledger and finding the Recall Knowledge/Notes on people, places and stuff I got this error message:
1698266668716.png
granted, I didn't go to the backrooms from that so at least nothing of bad happened there really.

4. I checked out Mariko and after her instruction to check the flower shop, I got this:
1698268291641.png
It might have something to do with the fact that I only took the flower and not the gold and when she told me that I had to give the flowers to Death, I did and then she burned them off; pissing off Flurr. It's ok thought as after that error message I got to the dialog regarding Mariko.

5. Not sure if this is a glitch, oversight or me being stoopid. Mariko told me to ask some folks around regarding the lock-down, including Basket and her Daddy knight; but when I went to talk to her, she didn't have any new dialog regarding the lock-down, it is worth mentioning that I did talk to her beforehand and asked her about her origins, which did still refer to Det and his mansion as if my character knew about him, and we were in it, instead of the Sleepy Fox Inn. So is Basket's lack of new dialog a bug, oversight or just plain intended as not everyone mentioned by Mariko is supposed to have a response to the lock-down.

6. I tried exploring the sub-sewers but didn't find anything, not even an error message. Forgot if Snekk had already added encounters and stuff to find down there.

7. When I tried to prepare myself against the serial killer, I thought that since the clothes would make me slower, I decided to take them off; but since then, my pleasant female clothes have been lost to the ether.

8. Upon coming across a decrepid dog/wolf thing, and naturally surrendering, I got to the wolf's hideout. Horay! However upon first mating with one of them, I got another instance of a broken image:
1698270337358.png
Actually, all wolf sex images are broken.

9. So the Wolves brought me to the forest after all, which is pretty convenient for me as a healer as I can then grab the herbs, but then as I explored the forest, I came across this upside down image, somehow:
1698270999755.png
Was this intentional? What's weirder was that the image then turned back to downside up.

10. I've began to train my warhounds but despite having the leadership for at most 2 allies, none of them were available to become my allies, despite the older text suggesting otherwise in the encounter.

11. So I went from the forest back to Avedon proper and found a curious option, to fly over the wall, which doesn't make sense as I am but a mere elf, last of the line, but somehow I am maybe also a fairy? How was this possible? Was it unintentional or could I have some feature that I didn't notice that granted me flight here?

12. So I fought against the prisoners assaulting someone, I died pretty fast, leveled up and then entered the void, with the emergency exit that curiously leads me to the graveyard now; I'm automatically out of the prison, so that's a plus, I guess.

12a. Upon encountering the sewer dog again, because I forgot to remove my prison uniform, I didn't get the dog to bring me back to my den, so I got back to the void.

13. So after trying to defeat the serial killer, by going back to use my bow only for the fight to end (maybe thanks to my dogs that I recruited through healing the sewer dogs); I went to the cabin in the south woods only to get this error:
1698272644605.png

14. So I only now tried using the hole and I got stuck there:
1698274299413.png

Hopefully I'm not over-burdening Snekk with these points of feedback.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I highly doubt you are over-burdening Snekk with your feedback. My guess is that this is the kind of stuff he is looking for when he released the latest test version.

I say, go forth and try breaking the game in any way you can think of. It's probably the best way to find errors and missing 'stuff'. :)

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Huh, weird, last time I've heard, I could have the chosen one start as an elf; either I was mistaken or that is no longer the case with this version of the game.

2. Decided to try the last of the line start for a spin and the image is missing:

3. On a similar vain, upon getting the first opportunity to open up my ledger and finding the Recall Knowledge/Notes on people, places and stuff I got this error message:

granted, I didn't go to the backrooms from that so at least nothing of bad happened there really.

4. I checked out Mariko and after her instruction to check the flower shop, I got this:

It might have something to do with the fact that I only took the flower and not the gold and when she told me that I had to give the flowers to Death, I did and then she burned them off; pissing off Flurr. It's ok thought as after that error message I got to the dialog regarding Mariko.

5. Not sure if this is a glitch, oversight or me being stoopid. Mariko told me to ask some folks around regarding the lock-down, including Basket and her Daddy knight; but when I went to talk to her, she didn't have any new dialog regarding the lock-down, it is worth mentioning that I did talk to her beforehand and asked her about her origins, which did still refer to Det and his mansion as if my character knew about him, and we were in it, instead of the Sleepy Fox Inn. So is Basket's lack of new dialog a bug, oversight or just plain intended as not everyone mentioned by Mariko is supposed to have a response to the lock-down.

6. I tried exploring the sub-sewers but didn't find anything, not even an error message. Forgot if Snekk had already added encounters and stuff to find down there.

7. When I tried to prepare myself against the serial killer, I thought that since the clothes would make me slower, I decided to take them off; but since then, my pleasant female clothes have been lost to the ether.

8. Upon coming across a decrepid dog/wolf thing, and naturally surrendering, I got to the wolf's hideout. Horay! However upon first mating with one of them, I got another instance of a broken image:

Actually, all wolf sex images are broken.

9. So the Wolves brought me to the forest after all, which is pretty convenient for me as a healer as I can then grab the herbs, but then as I explored the forest, I came across this upside down image, somehow:
View attachment 3034121
Was this intentional? What's weirder was that the image then turned back to downside up.

10. I've began to train my warhounds but despite having the leadership for at most 2 allies, none of them were available to become my allies, despite the older text suggesting otherwise in the encounter.

11. So I went from the forest back to Avedon proper and found a curious option, to fly over the wall, which doesn't make sense as I am but a mere elf, last of the line, but somehow I am maybe also a fairy? How was this possible? Was it unintentional or could I have some feature that I didn't notice that granted me flight here?

12. So I fought against the prisoners assaulting someone, I died pretty fast, leveled up and then entered the void, with the emergency exit that curiously leads me to the graveyard now; I'm automatically out of the prison, so that's a plus, I guess.

12a. Upon encountering the sewer dog again, because I forgot to remove my prison uniform, I didn't get the dog to bring me back to my den, so I got back to the void.

13. So after trying to defeat the serial killer, by going back to use my bow only for the fight to end (maybe thanks to my dogs that I recruited through healing the sewer dogs); I went to the cabin in the south woods only to get this error:
View attachment 3034174

1. I cleaned up the code when I added in the lost start and forgot to add Elves. Fixed.

2. Fixed. The elven city is being expanded, once I get to the forest, and the images were relocated.

3. Fixed. As I go along I'm going to update that, but there are not many things to write about yet.

4. Somehow I put the image for Kaiden in there instead of the tag for the slum lockdown. Fixed.

5. Basket's knight should point when Basket isn't looking where you need to go.

6. I'll take a look, I changed that area when I added in the lair you could take over.

7. How odd. I encountered a similar problem that I thought I fixed where I was considered nude when it still said I was wearing clothes. I'll take a look.

8. Wolves are getting a rework but the rabid dog isn't supposed to lead to the wolf den, it just attacks you due to the rabies. Wolves are still broken, but the dog is fixed.

9. You got snagged in a rope trap by the Hunter statue, who is able to set traps.

10. I need to work on that, dogs behave weird when I try to have them in combat for some reason, despite them being the only one that worked before.

11. I may have left some acrobat and fairy tags open for my testing. I'll fix them.

12. Emergency exit now drops you off in the graveyard since it is now the starting area instead of the entrance to the city. As for the prison stuff, I'll take a look as I changed nothing with the prison.

13. I actually fixed that this morning after doing some testing. There's a few other fixes I have as well that I probably need to start writing down.

I don't mind the bug reports, in fact I want to encourage them.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Small update:

I'm gonna get some events finished in Junktown like stores randomly selling items, the brothel working, Det visiting the Rat start and then possibly have another test build release.

I did have to rip the tag I was using to stop the PC from opening their inventory anywhere as it broke cutscenes and events. It'll go back to the old system where your things are located inside a chest in certain places. I can also allow changing in alley ways and events for being caught, which is a fun concept.

I'm also having to drop the lizard race. Scenes default to human if your race doesn't have an image, but having scales and then not having them bothers me greatly. It's why male goblin as a choice is being removed.

Reactions: TheMiserableGoose

Zorok

Feb 12, 2020
Ahh, I was really looking forward to the lizard race. Is the issue a lack of images, or a bug?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Ahh, I was really looking forward to the lizard race. Is the issue a lack of images, or a bug?
I can't find a common theme among the images along with enough of the images to make it work. I got some hyper-realistic Skyrim Argonians alongside some cartoon kobolds that are massively smaller than their partner.

I may try again with it later, but working on it now is taking away time that I can be using to fix the bugs and get a stable build out.

Zorok

Feb 12, 2020
Is it reasonable to ask for the lizard race to be left on the backburner instead of pulled, at least until a later date? Even without the images, I enjoy what flavor text there is.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes