Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Will certainly give it a go and report back. Congrats for another step towards the revamp and general upgrade!

Alas, there's not much you can do with the random review bombs. You can tell folks clearly that the game is unfinished and a work in progress, requiring text to read, only for that to backfire spectacuarly. Probably because they didn't read the disclaimer. heh.
I literally had bolded text that said DEV NOTE: UPCOMING CONTENT BROKEN and then got complaints that the demon library was broken. Made zero sense.

Reactions: DeMarcus16
Mar 23, 2022
I've released 1.98, but it is a little /too/ buggy for me to consider releasing on F95 as I already have a few scathing reviews from when the forest was broken in early <1.40.

It's a public post on subscribestar.

I've been playing and testing around a bit. There's a lot of issues. Like A LOT obviously. That's what happens when you revamp a game. I expected as much as I found. I'm liking how the new combat functions to an extent. The actual combat it self pretty good. Would be better if it wasn't just run away and out range them but it's still early so I'm sure that'll be figued out. One of the main issues that I'm facing is you basically can't win fights. If you beat the enemy it throws error forcing an emergency exit. If you lose, depending on the enemy, it's either an error or no exit. As a male losing to goblins does white screen no exit, losing to dogs/wolves is an error for example. Actually I think batgirls are thhe only enemy that's I've had no game breaking errors/bugs for. Also weird how Magicians don't have unlimited power until after you give one of the two blue books to death (yup that bug again). I can't figure out how to make traps as hunter. I'm assuming it was just removed thouugh. I have a whole plethora of bugs but I'll leave it at this for now.

Oh, I'm also liking the new map. Goblin cave was moved out off the current play area yeah?

I literally had bolded text that said DEV NOTE: UPCOMING CONTENT BROKEN and then got complaints that the demon library was broken. Made zero sense.
Yeah people are smert some times and complain without reading.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I've been playing and testing around a bit. There's a lot of issues. Like A LOT obviously. That's what happens when you revamp a game. I expected as much as I found. I'm liking how the new combat functions to an extent. The actual combat it self pretty good.

1. Would be better if it wasn't just run away and out range them but it's still early so I'm sure that'll be figued out.

2. One of the main issues that I'm facing is you basically can't win fights. If you beat the enemy it throws error forcing an emergency exit. If you lose, depending on the enemy, it's either an error or no exit. As a male losing to goblins does white screen no exit, losing to dogs/wolves is an error for example. Actually I think batgirls are thhe only enemy that's I've had no game breaking errors/bugs for.

3. Also weird how Magicians don't have unlimited power until after you give one of the two blue books to death (yup that bug again).

4. I can't figure out how to make traps as hunter. I'm assuming it was just removed thouugh. I have a whole plethora of bugs but I'll leave it at this for now.

5. Oh, I'm also liking the new map. Goblin cave was moved out off the current play area yeah?
1. Enemies will eventually have ranged attacks. I've mainly been testing combat on zombies.

2. Zombies and bats are my two punching bags. I'm working through stats and abilities to get more enemies in line with the new code but it is taking awhile.

3. How odd, I was shooting firebolts as a wizard during testing. You're doing the Wizard Class and Chosen One start, right?

4. You can technically make traps, but they don't do anything yet. Same with the Witch class.

5. It is meant to be accessible through the mountains as an alternative to the Fort.

Mar 23, 2022
1. Enemies will eventually have ranged attacks. I've mainly been testing combat on zombies.

2. Zombies and bats are my two punching bags. I'm working through stats and abilities to get more enemies in line with the new code but it is taking awhile.

3. How odd, I was shooting firebolts as a wizard during testing. You're doing the Wizard Class and Chosen One start, right?

4. You can technically make traps, but they don't do anything yet. Same with the Witch class.

5. It is meant to be accessible through the mountains as an alternative to the Fort.
1. Makes sense. Will every enemy have ranged attack or will it be most enemies but a select few don't like zombies?

2. Makes sense then why Bats don't have any bad errors. Not quite sure why zombies do then.

3. Yes, the Wizard Class and Chosen One start. I think it was 60 mana that get's consumed until I either refill it the nomal way or hand a blue book to Death and learn my first spell giving me "endless" mana. I'd need to look into mooe but I definitly run out off mana.

4. Got it. Not in game yet.

5. It doesn't show up only the fort and monastay do. Is there any unlock conditions?

Dten

Mar 15, 2019
5. It doesn't show up only the fort and monastay do. Is there any unlock conditions?
I found it in the forest as allways (I test too 1.98)

Someone already mentioned that most of the combat remains unfinished because it gives an error or a blank page, the only place I have seen that works correctly is in the arena

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Makes sense. Will every enemy have ranged attack or will it be most enemies but a select few don't like zombies?

2. Makes sense then why Bats don't have any bad errors. Not quite sure why zombies do then.

3. Yes, the Wizard Class and Chosen One start. I think it was 60 mana that get's consumed until I either refill it the nomal way or hand a blue book to Death and learn my first spell giving me "endless" mana. I'd need to look into mooe but I definitly run out off mana.

4. Got it. Not in game yet.

1. No, but some will have reach and can hit you from a certain amount of squares away.

2. How odd, I thought I did a thorough run of zombies since the zombie gf questline is involved in that. I'll do another run to find the problem.

3. Oh. It's not endless in the sense of you never run out, its endless in the sense that your mana cap is not 50 times your level, it's 10 billion.

5. I'll add it back into the game, and remove it from the forest, as a place in the swamp in the next bugfix/image update.

Mar 23, 2022
I found it in the forest as allways (I test too 1.98)

Someone already mentioned that most of the combat remains unfinished because it gives an error or a blank page, the only place I have seen that works correctly is in the arena
That one is bugged and shouldn't show up. It only shouldn't show up. It only shows up if you go to the werewolf den first. It's bugged though.
1. No, but some will have reach and can hit you from a certain amount of squares away.

2. How odd, I thought I did a thorough run of zombies since the zombie gf questline is involved in that. I'll do another run to find the problem.

3. Oh. It's not endless in the sense of you never run out, its endless in the sense that your mana cap is not 50 times your level, it's 10 billion.

5. I'll add it back into the game, and remove it from the forest, as a place in the swamp in the next bugfix/image update.
2. After pulling out the cheat sword and armour for testing. Zombies are only minorly bugged at least so far. Like full males getting their pussies fucked or full females getting their dicks fucked.

2a. Fun fact if you get kidnapped. Either quit and restart or emergnecy exit. Don't struggle it won't work. The bindings get refilled too much to break them.

3. So because you start with 60 you'd need to refill it but there isn't a feasible cap to your max. Makes sense I guess. I'm just used to the old one where you mana increased passively with the hat. I'd need to get the hat to test that obviously.

5. As I meantioned to Dten, goblin cave shows up if you go to the werewolf den. So maybe a bit off checking regarding that might be in order.

WinterGreen

Mar 21, 2022
Going to put any errors in a spoiler group and try to have the actions to replicate it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall this is fun. Definitely gonna try the rat start and see how that works out. Though I will say trying to use a ranged weapon on multiple enemies like the wasps in the mines quest line does not fair well for you cause they all move together and can stay in melee range of you.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
May be some duplicates with the above but this is what I've discovered after poking around however briefly. Also going to stick under spoilers to save space:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022
Sigh. I didn't want to post my incomplete list off bugs but seeing how everyone else is I shall too. Don't worry, mine won't be duplicates.

I didn't want to post this because the whole point of this update was to get a feel of the new game mechanics and not an actual update. Obviously there was going to be bugs with the massive sweeping changes. Getting game mechanics down with no error's was what mattered. Like I'm pretty sure if you verse multiple enemies they all get a movement at you so if there are 10 enemies thats 10 movements towards you. So not 10 enemies moving 1, that's 10 enemies moving 10. Making outrunning a hoard of slow zombies impossible with 5-6 movement. Anything without an enemy amount +1 movement will get you caught. Or if there was a Class based bug (which appart fom me being dumb hasn't been any with wizard).

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
That one is bugged and shouldn't show up. It only shouldn't show up. It only shows up if you go to the werewolf den first. It's bugged though.

2. After pulling out the cheat sword and armour for testing. Zombies are only minorly bugged at least so far. Like full males getting their pussies fucked or full females getting their dicks fucked.

2a. Fun fact if you get kidnapped. Either quit and restart or emergnecy exit. Don't struggle it won't work. The bindings get refilled too much to break them.

3. So because you start with 60 you'd need to refill it but there isn't a feasible cap to your max. Makes sense I guess. I'm just used to the old one where you mana increased passively with the hat. I'd need to get the hat to test that obviously.

5. As I meantioned to Dten, goblin cave shows up if you go to the werewolf den. So maybe a bit off checking regarding that might be in order.
2. That is strange. There were a few broken images I fixed but I thought I had the gender specific events locked.

2a. That's an intended feature. You can be too weak to escape your bindings and get given to the necromancer.

3. Mana does increase passively with the hat and, if you're a wizard, you get Fireball.

Going to put any errors in a spoiler group and try to have the actions to replicate it.

Overall this is fun. Definitely gonna try the rat start and see how that works out. Though I will say trying to use a ranged weapon on multiple enemies like the wasps in the mines quest line does not fair well for you cause they all move together and can stay in melee range of you.
Percy is getting a new quest and I'm removing the saw hole from the suburb dorms as that entire area is being redone into something different.

When you win in combat you get an event where you can do things to your opponents. Taking things from them needs you to turn stealing on, which I'll make a mention of.

Weapons were changed and you can't buy them from Avedon due to weapon restrictions. I'll add kitchen knives to the other store later.

Fighting wolves and wasps with a ranged weapon is going to be awful due to their speed. Regular enemies have been given new speeds, usually 1 to 5 squares depending on how agile they're supposed to be. I may redo the math for the player's speed and up how far away you need to flee before you can escape.
May be some duplicates with the above but this is what I've discovered after poking around however briefly. Also going to stick under spoilers to save space:

2. Yes. They're going to appear in town at the bottom while in the city and in rooms.

2b. Gobwife should have a little blurb about being let into the city when she meets up with you during a conversation with Death, but the ratkids are missing a scene where you get threatened by Det.

3. There's plans for the allies being able to assist with shakedowns by the guards.

Sigh. I didn't want to post my incomplete list off bugs but seeing how everyone else is I shall too. Don't worry, mine won't be duplicates.

10. I didn't want to post this because the whole point of this update was to get a feel of the new game mechanics and not an actual update. Obviously there was going to be bugs with the massive sweeping changes. Getting game mechanics down with no error's was what mattered. Like I'm pretty sure if you verse multiple enemies they all get a movement at you so if there are 10 enemies thats 10 movements towards you. So not 10 enemies moving 1, that's 10 enemies moving 10. Making outrunning a hoard of slow zombies impossible with 5-6 movement. Anything without an enemy amount +1 movement will get you caught. Or if there was a Class based bug (which appart fom me being dumb hasn't been any with wizard).
1. Fixed.

2. The win screen where you can loot, rape or kidnap them isn't in since I haven't finished the loot table for it yet.

3. In Avedon, it won't. Weapons are prohibited. I'll remove it in the next test build.

4. Fixed.

5. I'm removing that wall and putting it somewhere else, but that is still odd.

6. It does give you rope, it just doesn't show in your inventory since it doesn't have a use yet. You'll need it for exploring and crafting.

7. School is getting a rework.

8. Fixed.

9. Fixed, as in you can find it by going to the mountains.

10. That's exactly how it functions, but enemies with ranged attacks are going to slow them down now. Most enemies now have a speed of 1-3 depending on their average speed. Most humanoid enemies have a 1, kitsune can have up to 3. Animals start at 3 and go up. I'm also going to make the acrobat faster, but also increase the distance needed to escape.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Percy is getting a new quest and I'm removing the saw hole from the suburb dorms as that entire area is being redone into something different.

2. Yes. They're going to appear in town at the bottom while in the city and in rooms.

2b. Gobwife should have a little blurb about being let into the city when she meets up with you during a conversation with Death, but the ratkids are missing a scene where you get threatened by Det.

3. There's plans for the allies being able to assist with shakedowns by the guards.
Percy stuff! Neat. I have a terribly silly sketch I'm going to clean up and lob in your general direction later. Not so much game content as worth a chuckle, I think.

2. Regarding the wandering people mechanic on the road, a random adventurer tagged along with nothing better to do, and every now and then they appear to be slapping things around while I'm in the Arena. The duo of goblins *almost* makes sense, especially if they are huggably, rapeably soft, as a arena draw, but the rando being tacked on seems silly. How long do they keep 'following'?

I figured they would split when I entered Avedon, or rested in a inn - but the inn is unfinished, so it's the surburbs for resting currently, or the slums. But the slums have their own issues which you are already aware of.

2a. Can't seem to access the red light district, so no slooty clothes for whoring atm beyond random encounters.

2b. Weirdly, I didn't see that. Then again, tracking down the goblin cave required to pretty much submit and get raped to trigger it.

3. Also neat.

4. Seems that potions in general all end up with that mismatch error. (Pounded a few of the healing types to recover after the arena.)

5. There doesn't appear to be any limit to how high you can train your kung fu in the monestary. Woah.

5a. I assume there is going to be some events sprinkled in there between martial values? Like, you hit 100, a new belt or unique enounter, that sort of vibe?

5b. Unarmed is currently flavored thusly: You strike 1 from afists for 57 damage

Beware those afists! They have a mean aright hook.

5c. Odd idea. I wonder if it would be possible to 'modify' a clothing set. Like, monk outfit to lewd monk -> take more damage, because it's covering far less, but gain some extra dodging mojo and gain the lurid tag, or whatever it is called.

6. When you first go to the Monestary as Unlucky, you have the option to ask for access to the library by asking for Loksi by name. But in the intro she isn't named, only described in a brief sentence or two. So unless there is another plot blurb directing you there, it doesn't quite make sense.

6a. However, comma, if there is a rumor of an aged wise woman elf that has been around for nearly forever, NOW that could get the player thinking it could be important to track them down, even if they don't know them by name. Only to get gobsmacked (ha) when the figure out who it is. Pretty sure the dramatic tears would fire u immediately, regardless of how "manly" the PC is.

Could be a fun moment for the allies to ask -who is that, what's going on, etc.

7. I like the extra activity along the roads, and elements such as the knight company traveling to the fort. Makes it feel less empty, and more lived in.

8. Finally met Alex in the arena. Dem thighs. Nice to see more ties to the Amazon, too. Can totally see her getting handsy once the PC has proved themselves, or even getting silly/saucy in the arena when either is defeated and arena rape is a thing. "Welp. I lost. Guess it's time to give them a show!" etc.

8a. To give Alex some extra spice, perhaps she could level up occasionally or have different matches where she becomes more formidable, perhaps. Give her a reason to stick out beyond a notch on the belt, as it were.

8b. Actually, much like the prison guards, it could be amusing if the PC starts getting on a first name basis with the 'unique' foes in the Arena as they gain rep.

8c. Dunno if you are still pondering class skills, but the arena text brings an idea forward for a (Gladiator?) ability: Grandstand/showboat. Gives up their attack, temporary HP boost to the player, ramp and hype up your allies damage/assists for a few rounds. Are you not entertained?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022
1. That's an intended feature. You can be too weak to escape your bindings and get given to the necromancer.

3. In Avedon, it won't. Weapons are prohibited. I'll remove it in the next test build.

5. I'm removing that wall and putting it somewhere else, but that is still odd.

6. It does give you rope, it just doesn't show in your inventory since it doesn't have a use yet. You'll need it for exploring and crafting.

9. Fixed, as in you can find it by going to the mountains.

10. That's exactly how it functions, but enemies with ranged attacks are going to slow them down now. Most enemies now have a speed of 1-3 depending on their average speed. Most humanoid enemies have a 1, kitsune can have up to 3. Animals start at 3 and go up. I'm also going to make the acrobat faster, but also increase the distance needed to escape.
1. At what point do they hand you over? I've been struggling and got over 1000 needed but still have to stuggle. Or is it just a chance thing and I'm lucky/unlucky? Because maybe a hard cut of point is needed in the off chance of situations like me.

1a. Talking about the necromancer. Can you even beat him? Every time I cheezed/cheated the fight and won he'd just comment about me escaping and summon more zombies.

1b. Tonya's (zombie gf from the fishing village) quest is bugged. If you take her to the grave yard it forces an event that doesn't exist causing a white screen. Funny enough an emergency exit also doesn't work here because it takes you to the grave yard which forces the event.

3. What about in britmoor? I can't access the shop there either.

5. Very specific bug that is irrelevant got it.:ROFLMAO:

6. Weird that you'd count it as a resource like wood. I'm assuming wood also doesn't show up. I'm unable to buy an axe to get it after all. Not to mention that it'd be an item that isn't used frequently enough to warrent needing to be a resource. Unless it is in which case nevermind.

9. Then onto next bug of it doesn't show in the mountains either.

10. So combat sucks a bunch until ranged attacks are introduced. Because larger hoards just exhausted you to defeat because you can't run from them. And it's technically intended, got it.

Ayumumono

Jun 21, 2017
damn, I rushed to become as dog, but found the potion was one of the many error triggers now (plus I assume you arent supposed to be able to get to the witch yet normally since you blocked the road past the Fort.). I knew itd probably happen but alas. Good luck fixing all the new problems. I'm excited about all the new fun stuff. I already found the new mouse stuff neat.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Percy stuff! Neat. I have a terribly silly sketch I'm going to clean up and lob in your general direction later. Not so much game content as worth a chuckle, I think.

2. Regarding the wandering people mechanic on the road, a random adventurer tagged along with nothing better to do, and every now and then they appear to be slapping things around while I'm in the Arena. The duo of goblins *almost* makes sense, especially if they are huggably, rapeably soft, as a arena draw, but the rando being tacked on seems silly. How long do they keep 'following'?

I figured they would split when I entered Avedon, or rested in a inn - but the inn is unfinished, so it's the surburbs for resting currently, or the slums. But the slums have their own issues which you are already aware of.

2a. Can't seem to access the red light district, so no slooty clothes for whoring atm beyond random encounters.

2b. Weirdly, I didn't see that. Then again, tracking down the goblin cave required to pretty much submit and get raped to trigger it.

3. Also neat.

4. Seems that potions in general all end up with that mismatch error. (Pounded a few of the healing types to recover after the arena.)

5. There doesn't appear to be any limit to how high you can train your kung fu in the monestary. Woah.

5a. I assume there is going to be some events sprinkled in there between martial values? Like, you hit 100, a new belt or unique enounter, that sort of vibe?

5b. Unarmed is currently flavored thusly: You strike 1 from afists for 57 damage

Beware those afists! They have a mean aright hook.

5c. Odd idea. I wonder if it would be possible to 'modify' a clothing set. Like, monk outfit to lewd monk -> take more damage, because it's covering far less, but gain some extra dodging mojo and gain the lurid tag, or whatever it is called.

6. When you first go to the Monestary as Unlucky, you have the option to ask for access to the library by asking for Loksi by name. But in the intro she isn't named, only described in a brief sentence or two. So unless there is another plot blurb directing you there, it doesn't quite make sense.

6a. However, comma, if there is a rumor of an aged wise woman elf that has been around for nearly forever, NOW that could get the player thinking it could be important to track them down, even if they don't know them by name. Only to get gobsmacked (ha) when the figure out who it is. Pretty sure the dramatic tears would fire u immediately, regardless of how "manly" the PC is.

Could be a fun moment for the allies to ask -who is that, what's going on, etc.

7. I like the extra activity along the roads, and elements such as the knight company traveling to the fort. Makes it feel less empty, and more lived in.

8. Finally met Alex in the arena. Dem thighs. Nice to see more ties to the Amazon, too. Can totally see her getting handsy once the PC has proved themselves, or even getting silly/saucy in the arena when either is defeated and arena rape is a thing. "Welp. I lost. Guess it's time to give them a show!" etc.

8a. To give Alex some extra spice, perhaps she could level up occasionally or have different matches where she becomes more formidable, perhaps. Give her a reason to stick out beyond a notch on the belt, as it were.

8b. Actually, much like the prison guards, it could be amusing if the PC starts getting on a first name basis with the 'unique' foes in the Arena as they gain rep.

8c. Dunno if you are still pondering class skills, but the arena text brings an idea forward for a (Gladiator?) ability: Grandstand/showboat. Gives up their attack, temporary HP boost to the player, ramp and hype up your allies damage/assists for a few rounds. Are you not entertained?
2. Oversight. In the upcoming bug fix version they now properly fuck off. The adventurers don't though as they're going to be given a character page and you have to personally tell them to fuck off.

2a. Red light district is now in Junktown as guard lockdowns now extend to the slums.

4. I'll take a look, I may have misspelled something.

5. Your skill is added, with some math involved, as damage to attacks. Having a high enough melee skill can have you slap an enemy to death, but you pick up a sword and you poke them for 4 damage.

5a. Eventually yes, since I like the concept of the Oblivion screens that say how cool you are.

5b. I know about that one, I used the spelling error to catch my eye when I was figuring out disarming the player. I'll fix it for the next bugfix release.

5c. Eventually. The PC can make clothes and upgrade weapons at the moment, modifying clothes to be more/less slutty is planned.

6, 6a. Mountains are getting a rework. The trading company is going to have a base there.

7. There's going to be more added once I actually finish Avedon. The military camps I was talking about, finding people camping, seeing people being attacked, attacking people. There's a lot planned and it is slowly coming together.

8. I plan on expanding a lot of NPC's once I get to the Arena. There isn't much I need to do to the arena itself as it is the least broken part of the game so far, but the NPCs can be updated. Becoming the Grand Champion was always planned and I even have an annoying fan to add in.

8a. I may make her more forceful if you defeat her and don't get her pregnant, as that is her goal in Avedon, but that's a ways off.

8b. I plan to have a full named bracket if the PC wants to become the champion.

8c. I'm still thinking of a Soldier/Gladiator start and I don't want backstory stuff to be picked up by other PCs.

1. At what point do they hand you over? I've been struggling and got over 1000 needed but still have to stuggle. Or is it just a chance thing and I'm lucky/unlucky? Because maybe a hard cut of point is needed in the off chance of situations like me.

1a. Talking about the necromancer. Can you even beat him? Every time I cheezed/cheated the fight and won he'd just comment about me escaping and summon more zombies.

1b. Tonya's (zombie gf from the fishing village) quest is bugged. If you take her to the grave yard it forces an event that doesn't exist causing a white screen. Funny enough an emergency exit also doesn't work here because it takes you to the grave yard which forces the event.

3. What about in britmoor? I can't access the shop there either.

5. Very specific bug that is irrelevant got it.:ROFLMAO:

6. Weird that you'd count it as a resource like wood. I'm assuming wood also doesn't show up. I'm unable to buy an axe to get it after all. Not to mention that it'd be an item that isn't used frequently enough to warrent needing to be a resource. Unless it is in which case nevermind.

9. Then onto next bug of it doesn't show in the mountains either.

10. So combat sucks a bunch until ranged attacks are introduced. Because larger hoards just exhausted you to defeat because you can't run from them. And it's technically intended, got it.
1, 1a, 1b: I'll have to take a look as I've made some changes and may have fixed it.

3. Does the shop never open or does the weapon set just never appear?

5. Aside from fixing the North Road outside of Avedon, most of my focus is starting from the sewers and expanding all the locations from there. The graveyard is no longer attached to the Noble district as there will soon be a dress code for there, wearing nice clothes in the slums gets you mugged, and wearing slutty clothes outside of the slums gets you arrested.

6. You can buy an axe from Britmor, I think Dana's shop was always set up different and works(?) but I don't know. I intend to have weapons you can pick up from locations like a cult dagger needed for a disguise later on.

9. I have it fixed in my upcoming bugfix version.

10. The main danger for the player will always be a horde of enemies. They stacking rushing you isn't intended, but the player getting rushed is. I will eventually have the player start out at different distances to help the rushing.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
2. Oversight. In the upcoming bug fix version they now properly fuck off. The adventurers don't though as they're going to be given a character page and you have to personally tell them to fuck off.

2a. Red light district is now in Junktown as guard lockdowns now extend to the slums.

4. I'll take a look, I may have misspelled something.

5. Your skill is added, with some math involved, as damage to attacks. Having a high enough melee skill can have you slap an enemy to death, but you pick up a sword and you poke them for 4 damage.

5a. Eventually yes, since I like the concept of the Oblivion screens that say how cool you are.

5b. I know about that one, I used the spelling error to catch my eye when I was figuring out disarming the player. I'll fix it for the next bugfix release.

5c. Eventually. The PC can make clothes and upgrade weapons at the moment, modifying clothes to be more/less slutty is planned.

6, 6a. Mountains are getting a rework. The trading company is going to have a base there.

7. There's going to be more added once I actually finish Avedon. The military camps I was talking about, finding people camping, seeing people being attacked, attacking people. There's a lot planned and it is slowly coming together.

8. I plan on expanding a lot of NPC's once I get to the Arena. There isn't much I need to do to the arena itself as it is the least broken part of the game so far, but the NPCs can be updated. Becoming the Grand Champion was always planned and I even have an annoying fan to add in.

8a. I may make her more forceful if you defeat her and don't get her pregnant, as that is her goal in Avedon, but that's a ways off.

8b. I plan to have a full named bracket if the PC wants to become the champion.

8c. I'm still thinking of a Soldier/Gladiator start and I don't want backstory stuff to be picked up by other PCs.
2. If they aren't a named NPC or special, perhaps have them with a timer for days or rests before they offer to part ways? Might be getting too complex, but it could be interesting if they have a hidden (or not so hidden, more on that in a sec) set of ethics or goals, so if you kick a puppy, they brandish steel to end you, or you sleep somewhere less than secure and they try to rob and rape you, as they were doing the sneaky sneak thing all along.

2 Extra. Since they have a personality and you are still looking for elements to make classes shine, how about one of the magic based classes, or one that is good at "reading" people be able to scry/discern their basic alignment, wheres others would have to train up the skill? Unsure if it's worth all the effort though, haha.

2a. Oh! Interesting. Always did enjoy the city above/below a city vibe here and there. Or the silly Pillars of Eternity castle dungeon that went straight down forever.

5. Gotcha. I was mostly curious if spamming the training to infinity was a bug or a feature.

5a. The Oblivion is strong with this one. You have chosen... wisely.

I had a couple shameless ideas pop up while I was sawing some logs with the sleep, so I'll dump them here in case they inspire anything:

5c. Awesome.

6a. Good opportunity to fill it full of all sorts of travelers and potential contracts for your farm, perhaps. Since they may have access to stuff the suburbs in Avedon may not.

7. I love it when a plan comes together! Now we just need a hot orc wearing all the bling that throws foes helluva far. I pity the fools.

8+. Sounds great! The arena was always one of my favorite bits from Oblivion. Regarding Alex, maybe one of her issues is that not only does she need to encounter somebody stronger (Red Sonja style), but most seed is too 'weak' to get the job done? The PC, however...

Edit: Was flipping through my collection of online art for inspiration, saw one with the amazon type doing the squats on a person and their naughty bits, getting a core workout on many levels. Doesn't really fit with Alex's theme of only submitting to the strong, but got a chuckle thinking of the PC walking into the back rooms with Alex getting her 'reps' in, showing a rookie the ropes (and so much more.) PC inquires to their condition, and they produce a shaky, but happy, thumbs up.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022
1, 1a, 1b: I'll have to take a look as I've made some changes and may have fixed it.

3. Does the shop never open or does the weapon set just never appear?

5. Aside from fixing the North Road outside of Avedon, most of my focus is starting from the sewers and expanding all the locations from there. The graveyard is no longer attached to the Noble district as there will soon be a dress code for there, wearing nice clothes in the slums gets you mugged, and wearing slutty clothes outside of the slums gets you arrested.

6. You can buy an axe from Britmor, I think Dana's shop was always set up different and works(?) but I don't know. I intend to have weapons you can pick up from locations like a cult dagger needed for a disguise later on.

9. I have it fixed in my upcoming bugfix version.

10. The main danger for the player will always be a horde of enemies. They stacking rushing you isn't intended, but the player getting rushed is. I will eventually have the player start out at different distances to help the rushing.
3. The shop opens. You can buy potions, an axe (which only shows up if you have enough) and rope. No option of weapons.

5. Oh another rare bug related to northen road is that the random encounters can throw an error. I'm not sure why or where, seeing how I've had it proc twice in my many travels of those roads. Not much of a priority due to you focusing the sewers just something to keep in mmind.

6. I found that out last time I was playing it. Lucky it wasn't under weapons otherwise I'd never see it.

10. I get that hordes are dangerous. Makes sense more enemies equals more danger and I get enemies rushing you. But the player should be able to counter being rushed at least to some extent. Maybe a check or a cap to the max distance they can travel based on the enemy type? Wolves for example can go pretty far pretty fast where a zombies aren't fast. So a max distance for a group of wolves might be let's say 7-8 while a horde of zombies might be 3-4. This way speed does actually have a use other then how fast you can run into the enemies. Plus hordes can still rush you if you aren't careful and fast enough but single targets can easily be out run like normal because there isn't a change.

Unrelated point. Skills might need messing around with. It's fine and it functions as is but needing open the ledger too check to see if I can skill up is a little inconvenient. This is nothing major and is a little nitpick that doesn't need attention. Just me and my smooth brain not checking it regularly.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
2. If they aren't a named NPC or special, perhaps have them with a timer for days or rests before they offer to part ways? Might be getting too complex, but it could be interesting if they have a hidden (or not so hidden, more on that in a sec) set of ethics or goals, so if you kick a puppy, they brandish steel to end you, or you sleep somewhere less than secure and they try to rob and rape you, as they were doing the sneaky sneak thing all along.

2 Extra. Since they have a personality and you are still looking for elements to make classes shine, how about one of the magic based classes, or one that is good at "reading" people be able to scry/discern their basic alignment, wheres others would have to train up the skill? Unsure if it's worth all the effort though, haha.

2a. Oh! Interesting. Always did enjoy the city above/below a city vibe here and there. Or the silly Pillars of Eternity castle dungeon that went straight down forever.

5. Gotcha. I was mostly curious if spamming the training to infinity was a bug or a feature.

5a. The Oblivion is strong with this one. You have chosen... wisely.

I had a couple shameless ideas pop up while I was sawing some logs with the sleep, so I'll dump them here in case they inspire anything:

5c. Awesome.

6a. Good opportunity to fill it full of all sorts of travelers and potential contracts for your farm, perhaps. Since they may have access to stuff the suburbs in Avedon may not.

7. I love it when a plan comes together! Now we just need a hot orc wearing all the bling that throws foes helluva far. I pity the fools.

8+. Sounds great! The arena was always one of my favorite bits from Oblivion. Regarding Alex, maybe one of her issues is that not only does she need to encounter somebody stronger (Red Sonja style), but most seed is too 'weak' to get the job done? The PC, however...

Edit: Was flipping through my collection of online art for inspiration, saw one with the amazon type doing the squats on a person and their naughty bits, getting a core workout on many levels. Doesn't really fit with Alex's theme of only submitting to the strong, but got a chuckle thinking of the PC walking into the back rooms with Alex getting her 'reps' in, showing a rookie the ropes (and so much more.) PC inquires to their condition, and they produce a shaky, but happy, thumbs up.
2. There will be different versions. Right now they're just the basic combat ally since I needed to see if it worked.

5y. I had the idea for the PC to gain an island to use as a base but didn't really all the details ironed out. I could have you go through a fighting tournament and then its yours because everyone else is dead.

3. The shop opens. You can buy potions, an axe (which only shows up if you have enough) and rope. No option of weapons.

5. Oh another rare bug related to northen road is that the random encounters can throw an error. I'm not sure why or where, seeing how I've had it proc twice in my many travels of those roads. Not much of a priority due to you focusing the sewers just something to keep in mmind.

6. I found that out last time I was playing it. Lucky it wasn't under weapons otherwise I'd never see it.

10. I get that hordes are dangerous. Makes sense more enemies equals more danger and I get enemies rushing you. But the player should be able to counter being rushed at least to some extent. Maybe a check or a cap to the max distance they can travel based on the enemy type? Wolves for example can go pretty far pretty fast where a zombies aren't fast. So a max distance for a group of wolves might be let's say 7-8 while a horde of zombies might be 3-4. This way speed does actually have a use other then how fast you can run into the enemies. Plus hordes can still rush you if you aren't careful and fast enough but single targets can easily be out run like normal because there isn't a change.

11. Unrelated point. Skills might need messing around with. It's fine and it functions as is but needing open the ledger too check to see if I can skill up is a little inconvenient. This is nothing major and is a little nitpick that doesn't need attention. Just me and my smooth brain not checking it regularly.
3. Dana can only sell axes, albeit at a high markup, due to the weapons ban in Avedon. She'll have more stock of stuff once I get to Britmor.

10. Traps, Ice Magic, Intimidating presence, Quick Step are meant to help with the swarming, once I add those things in. Ranged enemies will start shooting at you, with reduce accuracy for distance(except magic), but zombies push and swarm as intended. I do intend to have enemies retreat eventually once you hurt them enough/kill enough of them.

11. I added a "You have X amount of unspent skillpoints" to your Skills tab now.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes