Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
The difficult part of getting releases out is finding a stopping point where I can button up all the current things I'm working on to get a build out.

I keep forgetting to write down what I'm doing because I'm busy doing other stuff so the actual changelog is a bit slim.

A few things are not done yet, including:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I mean, if it's not done then it's not done. Get all the stuff you planned on getting done and working first, then check if it's ready for a release. If you just rush through chances are very likely that you'll be releasing a version that's filled with content with unfinished signboards, bugs and gaps at the corners. It's not going to be enjoyable playing a release like that, i would think. No reason to rush a release for that, at least that's my two cents on it :unsure:

Reactions: PsyTurtle

denich

Mar 24, 2021
build 5

"dragonhellgate", ACT without ":"
act 'Enter into Hell itself' replace on act 'Enter into Hell itself':

"prison", IF without ":"
if cellmatemeet=0 and notcriminal=0 replace on if cellmatemeet=0 and notcriminal=0 :

"junksale", uncorrect name "20$junkitem"
if $junksale=20: i=20$junkitem='Harpy feather' replace on if $junksale=20: i=20&junkitem='Harpy feather'

"storeweapon", "=" ???
if storeshortsword>0: 'Short Sword: <<storeshortsword>> - <a href="exec:storeshortsword-1&shortsword+=
replace on
if storeshortsword>0: 'Short Sword: <<storeshortsword>> - <a href="exec:storeshortsword-1&shortsword+=0

"southforestplaces"
if ForestBrothel=1 and BrothelRestoration=0 and Northroad=2: 'There is an <a href="exec: minut+=1)& gt ''ForestBrothel''">old mansion</a> nearby.'&*nl
replace on
if ForestBrothel=1 and BrothelRestoration=0 and Northroad=2: 'There is an <a href="exec: minut+=1& gt ''ForestBrothel''">old mansion</a> nearby.'&*nl

if forestdoorknow=1 and Northroad>7 and Northroad<12: 'Some sort of enchanted <a href="exec: minut+=((12-northroad)*30& gt ''ForestDoor''">Stone Door</a> lies hidden in the forest, but you know where it is.' & *nl
replace on
if forestdoorknow=1 and Northroad>7 and Northroad<12: 'Some sort of enchanted <a href="exec: minut+=((12-northroad)*30)& gt ''ForestDoor''">Stone Door</a> lies hidden in the forest, but you know where it is.' & *nl

"fightabomination"
set phealth=rand(12, 24 replace on set phealth=rand(12, 24)

Last edited:

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Heyo! Been considerably distracted from one crisis to another, feels like, so I don't have a clue (even less than usual, haha!): which is the most current version or update for this glorious game? Here or over on Subscribestar? Thanks in advance.

And happy generic winter spooning the heater without consent style holiday thing, one and all!

Mar 23, 2022
Heyo! Been considerably distracted from one crisis to another, feels like, so I don't have a clue (even less than usual, haha!): which is the most current version or update for this glorious game? Here or over on Subscribestar? Thanks in advance.

And happy generic winter spooning the heater without consent style holiday thing, one and all!
Still the Subscribestar one. I think it's test build 5? And I prefer happy generic spooning the aircon without consent style. Fuck spooning a heater in 35 degree celsius (95 fahrenheit). But yes happy generic seasonal wishes too all.

Reactions: Laughingfox

wapoww

Sep 8, 2020
In build 4 and 5, starting as a student.

I came across Basket and Knight, then I talked to them. Next, I visited the orphanage and met the nun, followed by Basket, Knight, and the nun scene... which brought me outside the Slum's lockdown.

What is the purpose of escaping the lockdown if I can just use Basket & Knight's scene to escape the slum?

Slybandit

Jun 11, 2017

I came across Basket and Knight, then I talked to them. Next, I visited the orphanage and met the nun, followed by Basket, Knight, and the nun scene... which brought me outside the Slum's lockdown.

What is the purpose of escaping the lockdown if I can just use Basket & Knight's scene to escape the slum?
I believe that is the point of the quest, is to help escape the lockdown, another way is to help the gangs, use the sewers.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
build 5

Fixed, thanks for pointing them out.

build 5

Code:
Area: onvisit
Line: 329
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!
I believe I fixed it, when I did some testing it didn't throw up any errors.

Random lockdowns are going to be a rotating and random schedule of guards holding certain districts hostage because they can.

I'm going to add more ways to escape the lockdowns, such as the Acrobat simply climbing out or a myriad of teleportation options. The lockdowns are simply the guards shaking down poor people, you'll be able to buy your way out or pass laws to outlaw them entirely.

The city of Avedon is meant to be a shithole and I'm slowly adding more ways to show it.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
Fixed, thanks for pointing them out.

I believe I fixed it, when I did some testing it didn't throw up any errors.

Random lockdowns are going to be a rotating and random schedule of guards holding certain districts hostage because they can.

I'm going to add more ways to escape the lockdowns, such as the Acrobat simply climbing out or a myriad of teleportation options. The lockdowns are simply the guards shaking down poor people, you'll be able to buy your way out or pass laws to outlaw them entirely.

The city of Avedon is meant to be a shithole and I'm slowly adding more ways to show it.
it was with a male pc, warrior, if this help :unsure:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1.99 will be released probably tomorrow, posted here to update the thread.

2.0 will then be all the bugfixes that need to be done and I'll update the listing so it gets suggested once again.

I'd like to thank all of you for dealing with my updating of the core systems, it probably wasn't easy watching me nuke my own game because I used to be worse at coding. I'm still bad, just not as much.

Here's the current changelog, but a few things may change between now and then.

Mar 23, 2022
1.99 will be released probably tomorrow, posted here to update the thread.

2.0 will then be all the bugfixes that need to be done and I'll update the listing so it gets suggested once again.

I'd like to thank all of you for dealing with my updating of the core systems, it probably wasn't easy watching me nuke my own game because I used to be worse at coding. I'm still bad, just not as much.

Here's the current changelog, but a few things may change between now and then.
I can't vouch for anyone else but I sure as heck found it entertaining to watch you burn and rebuild it. Sort of like watching a wild waratah. Can't wait for the next time you decide to nuke the coding.

Also did you fix camps? I think they got broken in test build 5, I couldn't build one. Might be a me thing seeing how no one else noticed it.

Welp looking foward to 1.99 or test build 6, which ever it's called. Excitement.

• Haha
Reactions: Rexaureus

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I can't vouch for anyone else but I sure as heck found it entertaining to watch you burn and rebuild it. Sort of like watching a wild waratah. Can't wait for the next time you decide to nuke the coding.

Also did you fix camps? I think they got broken in test build 5, I couldn't build one. Might be a me thing seeing how no one else noticed it.

Welp looking foward to 1.99 or test build 6, which ever it's called. Excitement.
I've been feeding people to Baird and it's been working but I'll do another run on a fresh save.

It's actually a numbered update so I'll update the thread. Crazy how the last one was three months ago.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Screenshot_12.jpg

I broke time again. Apparently condemning random peasants and adventurers to a life inside an unfeeling machine only to be milked for their fluids is something reality does not like.

Possibly no update tonight until I fix that.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Honestly, at this point it's such a common thing to the people of this world that they probably think what ever gods remain are now just fucking with the people for shits and giggles.
I should add a crazy dude who cries about the bugs that happen.

"Fighting was illegal back in the day. If you tried to pick a fight you got sent to the White Space. I barely escaped with my life!"
"The forest was too dangerous up until a few years ago. You'd die instantly if you saw a werewolf, let alone a pack of regular wolves. I barely escaped with my life!"
"Women seducing you at a bar? Once again, you'd die instantly. Barely escaped with my life."

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Version 1.99 is mostly going to be a bugfix update for 2.0. There should only be minor updates unless I change my mind.

Win 1.99: -

Aug 8, 2017
I'm going through the student start and came across this line:
I'm pretty sure the he should be she.

In the CoC analogue, I have the option of grabbing the silvered spear and accompanying dagger, but later neither appears in the Manage your Weapons menu. Using the Give All Weapons cheat includes both of them.

In the Merchant Guild under Look at the armors for sale. there are these two entries:
Code:
Buy some female spellsword armor (250 gems)
Buy some female spellsword armor (240 gems)
The cheaper one turned out to be male spellsword armor.

After Pull your amulet back out and enter the gate followed by Defend yourself, I got the following error:
Code:
Area: on visit
Line: 24
Code: 112
Desc: [end] not found!

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes