Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
It's uh. Well no offense, there's clearly a decent amount of work at play here, but fuck it's rough. Nothing makes sense. Things just keep happening. The game assumes you know things you don't constantly.

I'll just give a random excerpt as an example. You can start in a slum, technically 'stuck' there, but there are a million ways out, such as the sewer. You leave via the sewer and go to say, the market district. You enter an inn, there's a bartender, you click on them, it says 'The mother of the girl you met in the wall in Avedon'. I have no idea who either of these people are. Idk why the game thinks I do.

It's clear there are a number of interesting systems going on here, but hell it's incoherent. Which is kind of an important thing to handle in a game that is made out of a lot of text.
From 1.97 to now I've started on an overhaul of the game so there's a lot that still needs to be touched up. I had no idea what I was doing when I started and I reached a point where I could no longer add things to the game because of how badly I coded it. While it isn't perfect, it is better than it was.

The wall quest hasn't been added back in yet, I'll try to get it working again by next release but it isn't high on my priority list due to other stuff I'm fixing.

I've fixed the innkeeper description for the moment, is there any other parts that don't make sense? I can make them more clear if you point them out.

untoldterrors

Jan 2, 2023
you are doing great, seeing how this has matured from when i found it probably 0.8 its gone leapsand bounds, even if you do break everything in the process but as they always say you cant make scrambled eggs without breaking a few in the process

theess12

Mar 14, 2021
I'm also one dude and have no formal coding experience.

Doing the best I can.
you are doing great, seeing how this has matured from when i found it probably 0.8 its gone leapsand bounds, even if you do break everything in the process but as they always say you cant make an omelettes without breaking a few in the process
and you're making the mother of all omelettes here

Jul 28, 2019
and you're making the mother of all omelettes here
If anyone is worried about parts of the game being a bit scrambled then just wait for a 'stable' release (stable in a relative sense). As far as I am aware we are still in a series of test/experimental/unstable versions - which massively overhauled a number of game systems - although likely getting towards the end of it. I expect the thread will be pushed to the updated game list once that happens.

I think development is going well, that is the game is becoming significantly better. And it was already pretty damn good, imo.

Personally waiting for a stable version before doing a big playthrough. Snekk's basement is a bit crowded (but they seem to be having a lot of fun). :LOL:

Reactions: Solid Snekk
Mar 23, 2022
If anyone is worried about parts of the game being a bit scrambled then just wait for a 'stable' release (stable in a relative sense). As far as I am aware we are still in a series of test/experimental/unstable versions - which massively overhauled a number of game systems - although likely getting towards the end of it. I expect the thread will be pushed to the updated game list once that happens.

I think development is going well, that is the game is becoming significantly better. And it was already pretty damn good, imo.

Personally waiting for a stable version before doing a big playthrough. Snekk's basement is a bit crowded (but they seem to be having a lot of fun). :LOL:
If you're waiting on a "true" stable build then you might be waiting forever. QSP games are unstable in general, the engine itself litrally just breaks lines of coding randomly. Snekk could not touch a section but it'd be broken next update because it's QSP. If you're waiting on a Bethesda Stable then well I'd say it's pretty close as of 1.99 patch 11. Shoppings annoying but functions technically. A few quest don't start or randomly just don't progress. The standard males getting pregnant or females impregnating people. The usual stuff but at least the game works. In the wise words of some guy "It just works.".

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017

I wish you the best of luck on your wait.

• Haha
Reactions: feelotraveller

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017

Slowly making the game more stable. 2.0 is going to be all of the content that 1.97 had, but upgraded and updated to be less bad.

As with most updates I start with a plan and then meander somewhere else and work on that instead. My plan for update 13 is some touches up to the market and town areas, possibly adding in the suburbs but we'll see how I get along.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
A bit fast gameplay...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1. The commander is unlocked via different questline or coming in through the north gate. Avedon is on lockdown because women keep being murdered. I'll add a note that travel north of Avedon is blocked until the murderer is caught.

2. Fixed. I added one too many "and" tags while writing something.

3. There was an image that was accidentally a gif, but it was the solo masturbation instead of self suck. Those images seem to work fine and I replaced the gif with an image.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Hey nothing to add, and I mostly just lurk, but keep it up Snekk!
Thank you, but you have to have something to add. Any parts you want me to add/work on for the next update?

The market and town were pretty slim with content I had to fix but I don't want to move ahead of schedule on other areas just yet.

WinterGreen

Mar 21, 2022
Hey nothing to add, and I mostly just lurk
Come on my man, take my hand and I'll show you the people on the other side.

Joking aside, I would say that in my insane rambling of humbleness, that more egg preg would be neat to have more of. From creature wise that is already in game, would be the snake, (actually, think i read somewhere a few posts back that the snake girl you meet can get preggos, yet to see that) and not in game, maybe i don't know, moths maybe? Found in either dark places like the sewers or on the forest at night if you have a light source on you or something, maybe slugs in the swamp marsh.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Come on my man, take my hand and I'll show you the people on the other side.

Joking aside, I would say that in my insane rambling of humbleness, that more egg preg would be neat to have more of. From creature wise that is already in game, would be the snake, (actually, think i read somewhere a few posts back that the snake girl you meet can get preggos, yet to see that) and not in game, maybe i don't know, moths maybe? Found in either dark places like the sewers or on the forest at night if you have a light source on you or something, maybe slugs in the swamp marsh.
Only snakes in the game now are the ones from Dragon Isle, but they're an invasive species and give live birth. Western Avedonia, near Mont Creek, is going to get its own snakes since its more of a jungle area. I just need to finish up Avedon first.

There's a lamia that you can obtain from Dragon Isle, but I'm going to redo that area soon. She'll eventually be able to get preggo, popping out new lamias. Other than that, lamias are going to be a Sultanate/desert area monster.

I do have flies on my todo list though, I changed how eggs work to make it easier for me to add new scenes. Giant moths are going to be a thing in the mushroom area once I finish that.

Slugs were something I've been considering, but possibly in the swamps north of Fort Reach. With Avedon being home to a religious order that exterminates non-humans, having too many monsters close by wouldn't make sense.

The desert is also going to be a major sultanate enemy with eggs, such as sandtraps and ants.

bluebirb

Jan 20, 2020
Hey, Snekk, I'm just a lurker, but I've been here since the start of the thread. Love the game and how it's developing. Amazing to see how much work you're putting in that project. If I may add few thoughts? Sorry for potential mistakes, English is not my first language.
1) Very nice to see more eggpreg coming in the future! Lamias and sandtraps in desert remind me of dear old CoC, still love that game.. the only thing I would really like to see in Vicindio, which CoC lacked - maybe desert lamias/nagas can be females AND males? So we can get preggos too? Pretty please?
2) This is just an observation. I noticed that you sometimes shelf some content for the future if you don't have sufficient art/picture to accompany it with. While it's of course your game and your decision, I just think it's kind of sad. Pictures are nice, but I think if you have good content ready for the game, it's ok to put it in a game without pics for the time being, at least. Games like this one require imagination from the reader's part, imho. Sometimes pictures can even interfere with the immersion, if player imagined scenes' details different. Anyway, the choice is yours, of course, just thought I say what's on my mind.
Actually, maybe I could help with art? If I wanted to share art you can use for the game, where I could send it? I swear I saw links for the same thing somewhere in the thread, but can't find them at the moment. There's is also an idea, but you may find it bothersome - you can create a list of things (like google doc) you need to find art for, so people can share if they have something similar. Would be nice, and probably help you with art search for specific scenes. Just and idea, you can totally ignore that if it's not to your liking.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Sovietslime

May 25, 2021
Thank you, but you have to have something to add. Any parts you want me to add/work on for the next update?

The market and town were pretty slim with content I had to fix but I don't want to move ahead of schedule on other areas just yet.

Likely that I will, but notetaking and comprehensive playing take time and I don't have it :) I'll letcha know as soon as I got something for you

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
If you click on the End of Days, being this error, after house repair
The game doesn't like me putting quotation marks in the quests area. The problem was it mentioned a doll with the words "Find Me" on it. Fixed by rewording it.

Hey, Snekk, I'm just a lurker, but I've been here since the start of the thread. Love the game and how it's developing. Amazing to see how much work you're putting in that project. If I may add few thoughts? Sorry for potential mistakes, English is not my first language.

1) Very nice to see more eggpreg coming in the future! Lamias and sandtraps in desert remind me of dear old CoC, still love that game.. the only thing I would really like to see in Vicindio, which CoC lacked - maybe desert lamias/nagas can be females AND males? So we can get preggos too? Pretty please?

2) This is just an observation. I noticed that you sometimes shelf some content for the future if you don't have sufficient art/picture to accompany it with. While it's of course your game and your decision, I just think it's kind of sad. Pictures are nice, but I think if you have good content ready for the game, it's ok to put it in a game without pics for the time being, at least. Games like this one require imagination from the reader's part, imho. Sometimes pictures can even interfere with the immersion, if player imagined scenes' details different. Anyway, the choice is yours, of course, just thought I say what's on my mind.

Actually, maybe I could help with art? If I wanted to share art you can use for the game, where I could send it? I swear I saw links for the same thing somewhere in the thread, but can't find them at the moment. There's is also an idea, but you may find it bothersome - you can create a list of things (like google doc) you need to find art for, so people can share if they have something similar. Would be nice, and probably help you with art search for specific scenes. Just and idea, you can totally ignore that if it's not to your liking.
1. There's going to be a whole village of them, most sentient races in the Sultanate have their own little communities that they live in.

2. I make the plans for what I want to add to the game before I look for images. Not finding art hasn't stopped me before, it just means I repeat the character portrait for scenes instead of adding in a new image.

If you can find images or think a scene could use more art, by all means just send it to me. Posting it as a link to a good drive or messaging me the art works, I don't mind either way.

Reactions: Arkelot

Arkelot

Sep 26, 2021
By going through the tunnels and escaping the slums that way, I seem to break a few quests, such as the slums no longer being under lockdown. Also, is there a wiki? this seems to be a great decent-sized game, enough to have a wiki. Could I help get started on one?

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes