Bruhmomento67

May 1, 2022
Elves get a bonus to Knowledge, which is basically wisdom if this was DnD. If I did a sort of racial background I'd have to make two two types, as the Last of the Line Elf is an Avedonian Elf while all the others are various half breeds. I do like the concept of a spirit that they have access to, but aside from basic combat additions I am unsure what else to make it do.

I do have an idea and I'll see how it works as Elf shouldn't be a race you can get turned into. Basically there was a thing I read once that this one sect of Elves wore masks because there were only so many variations to the perfection of beauty that the Elves bring. Instead of looking a lover looking like your mom or grandmother, everyone would wear a customized mask.

As for Holstaurs I still don't know. Maybe I can make asset expansion a more credible threat, but they may just have to be beefier humans for now.

Ask your friends and lovers. You can make friends at the Frog and the Jolly Lumberjack by talking to/fucking the other employees.
ok i did that but i dont see the button to recruit them do i need to have the affection level at a certain number or something also for the friends at the lumberjack/frog do i need to hang out with them certain number of times before i can recruit them?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
ok i did that but i dont see the button to recruit them do i need to have the affection level at a certain number or something also for the friends at the lumberjack/frog do i need to hang out with them certain number of times before i can recruit them?
You have to be friends with all of them, and there's ten of them. After that, ask to hang out after work.

To have them work there needs to be a path to the brothel, which requires owning a farm and having the sawmill make it for you.

After you have the talk asking them to join, hire them via the ledger in the brothel bedroom.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Moon2587

May 7, 2021
Well the elves being friendly with fauna works, that doesn't sound overpowered. Holstaurs could just maybe get a bonus in dealing with people because they "smell" good due to pheromones. This could translate to getting stuff a little cheaper. Again it gives benefit but doesn't totally change the value of other races.

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
Well the elves being friendly with fauna works, that doesn't sound overpowered. Holstaurs could just maybe get a bonus in dealing with people because they "smell" good due to pheromones. This could translate to getting stuff a little cheaper. Again it gives benefit but doesn't totally change the value of other races.
1706915207381.png
Yeh my first thought was a Beef Burger smelling good...

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I have 1.99.17 over on , but I'll copy the rant at the top.

I've been working on this for about eight months and had to start over because of how bad my prior code was, I was having doubts about if I could continue due to a legitimate skill issue.

No, QSP coding just sucks. I'm playing around in Twine and it's the easiest thing ever, I already have a custom combat and clothing system working and I've only been playing with it off and on for a few weeks at this point.

So my spare time is rather packed at this point. Real life, other games I want to play and other projects I want to work on are making adding content to Vicindio a tad scarce at the moment.

I'm not going to drop the project, I haven't hit the wall that I keep talking about, but I may focus on just refining existing content rather than adding new for awhile.

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017

I've been working on this for about eight months and had to start over because of how bad my prior code was, I was having doubts about if I could continue due to a legitimate skill issue.

No, QSP coding just sucks. I'm playing around in Twine and it's the easiest thing ever, I already have a custom combat and clothing system working and I've only been playing with it off and on for a few weeks at this point.

So my spare time is rather packed at this point. Real life, other games I want to play and other projects I want to work on are making adding content to Vicindio a tad scarce at the moment.

I'm not going to drop the project, I haven't hit the wall that I keep talking about, but I may focus on just refining existing content rather than adding new for awhile.
So is the future of the project looking to be more like a twine change for your sanity or the "Good and definitely not jank" QSP?
Either way I'm not fussed how you manage the game, I'll enjoy it either way.
Still, how did you keep yourself sane after all this time dealing with QSP?

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018

Honestly as a fellow Designer (who mostly works in Unreal4/5) I am amazed you stuck with it so long. Even I have been given early prototypes to build upon, and immediatly dumped it and rebuilt it myself with good practices.
I am glad you are giving the Twine side of things a good. It is extremely easy to work with and very easy to expand upon as your coding confidence grows. Looking foward to see what you do with it :)

nekolilly

Aug 1, 2017
Solid Snekk
Need Tentacle Quick fix ;w;
Bug that found for now
1.Tentacle hive bug well everything bug there.
2.shop in school don't have exit need to use emergency exit to get out.
3.Zombie girl(Tonya) don't have option to move to live somewhere else.
4.Donate all Fish seem bug too in orphan don't know Rat girl in port should have same bug

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
So is the future of the project looking to be more like a twine change for your sanity or the "Good and definitely not jank" QSP?
Either way I'm not fussed how you manage the game, I'll enjoy it either way.
Still, how did you keep yourself sane after all this time dealing with QSP?
I'm not giving up on Vicindio I'm just playing around with a few other things. The jank of QSP is rather enjoyable now that I have a better idea how it works.

Whatever I do in Twine will be a different game, possibly in the same universe though. In Rubedo they had some sort of infinite dungeon near Caer Doom, a landmass that I sank into the ocean.

Who's to say I'm not insane? We're 127 pages in and I've responded to most criticisms and feedback about what I'm doing. It took me six months to make a payment system and I use it as a blog for incomplete releases.

I don't know. I like problem solving and since QSP has a lot of problems I'm usually quite busy.

Honestly as a fellow Designer (who mostly works in Unreal4/5) I am amazed you stuck with it so long. Even I have been given early prototypes to build upon, and immediatly dumped it and rebuilt it myself with good practices.
I am glad you are giving the Twine side of things a good. It is extremely easy to work with and very easy to expand upon as your coding confidence grows. Looking foward to see what you do with it :)
This has spun wildly out of control.

It started because I was playing Rubedo as a slum dweller and I was tired of drunks having 30k health and kicking my ass when I was young and fit. It's evolved into its own game that I've spent 8 months on so far. Crazy how time flies.

I'm still going to stick with Vicindio though. As I tinkered around with Twine I got a few ideas of how I can fix/do a few things.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Solid Snekk
Need Tentacle Quick fix ;w;
Bug that found for now
1.Tentacle hive bug well everything bug there.
2.shop in school don't have exit need to use emergency exit to get out.
3.Zombie girl(Tonya) don't have option to move to live somewhere else.
4.Donate all Fish seem bug too in orphan don't know Rat girl in port should have same bug
1. Fixed, it was a bug caused by nuns
2. Added.
3. You will eventually unlock that for her at the end of her questline
4. Fixed, how odd.

nekolilly

Aug 1, 2017
1. Fixed, it was a bug caused by nuns
2. Added.
3. You will eventually unlock that for her at the end of her questline
4. Fixed, how odd.
3.Tonya at captain ship still not end of quest?

and about Tentacle Hive can we build Hive at Avedon farm?

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Tonya at captain ship still not end of quest?

2. and about Tentacle Hive can we build Hive at Avedon farm?
1. It is, but the Femme Fatalis ship is also how the player visits other islands and sea content that I don't have ready yet.

2. I'll add a path to get to the brood if it is at mile marker 3, and I'll add some stuff to the house basement since it is mostly empty.

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
Can you remind me of the two methods to get the demon seed? I think one was that you could buy it. We need a wiki at this point.

nekolilly

Aug 1, 2017
1. It is, but the Femme Fatalis ship is also how the player visits other islands and sea content that I don't have ready yet.

2. I'll add a path to get to the brood if it is at mile marker 3, and I'll add some stuff to the house basement since it is mostly empty.
okay [ 3.Zombie girl(Tonya) don't have option to move to live somewhere else. ]
it my fault for not add that it mean from ship
because it don't have option that I can't move her out of ship that why I ask question ;w; .

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
Can you remind me of the two methods to get the demon seed? I think one was that you could buy it. We need a wiki at this point.
You either go to sewer market and keep explore cycling until it pops, or do Pery's quest to gain access to Circus folk and ask the magician guy.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes