CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
hey how do i get a brothel been trying to figure it out for a while now and i cant find it
I can't remember all of the details, I never tried to do anything with it.

It starts with finding a ruined mansion in the forest. If you go inside and explore it a bit, you should get a prompt about rebuilding it. After that you can talk to the Sawmill Foreman about rebuilding it. I don't know what or if anything else is involved, that was about as far as I ever went, but it's a place to start at least.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Vicindio-1.99.16
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Could be for transformations like the one in Rubedo where you had to deal with a gradual change from a guy to a girl. But in this case you could have it from one race to another, or just to do certain things under conditions as well. I think you could have a lot of TF fun if you want with curses if you are into that.
I'm a fan of gradual changes, similar to Corruption of Champion where eating or drinking something gives you a random mutation. It's why the male/female potions are so janky.

My problem is giving said mutations purpose as "Oh, you have wolf ears" is kinda boring. I want the mutations to be unique and useful, like being enough of a bee lets you lactate honey instead of milk and having wolf fangs lets you eat zombie flesh.

I have a few ideas for some rewards for full mutations. Holstaurus cannot be weighed down by their assets, humans are not the subject of racist attacks, catfolk can turn into a cat, fairies can shrink, lizardfolk can naturally breathe underwater, but a few of the finer details escape me.

Reactions: AH-64E

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I'm a fan of gradual changes, similar to Corruption of Champion where eating or drinking something gives you a random mutation. It's why the male/female potions are so janky.

My problem is giving said mutations purpose as "Oh, you have wolf ears" is kinda boring. I want the mutations to be unique and useful, like being enough of a bee lets you lactate honey instead of milk and having wolf fangs lets you eat zombie flesh.

I have a few ideas for some rewards for full mutations. Holstaurus cannot be weighed down by their assets, humans are not the subject of racist attacks, catfolk can turn into a cat, fairies can shrink, lizardfolk can naturally breathe underwater, but a few of the finer details escape me.
What about cat folk being able to scale high areas to avoid certain enemy encounters?

Mar 23, 2022
What about cat folk being able to scale high areas to avoid certain enemy encounters?
So do what the acrobat class should/can do?

If I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I've played CoC (1), but weren't races for the most part pointless? I know it changes writing flair but apart from that wasn't it pointless to be different races. CoC 2 has a few that I know of but those once again aren't all too special, same with TiTS really. I could be wrong on though and I know TiTS is trying to give some diversity to it beyond slight changes to text.

edit: Yay for misclicking enter

As for random potions effects to my knowledge the way CoC and TiTS do it is it runs a check to see if you have x then adds changes after running a check to see if that part will be effected. For example (not a real items but shh):

player eats turn to cat fruit

rng a number between 1 to 10
if =<3
if penis size <10 but >4 increase size by 1
rng number between 1 and 10
if tail =< 0 add cat tail
if tail type /= 3 //this is just a number for race to make it easier
set tail type =3

etc. etc.

Mind you this is NOT how it should be written obviously. No, I'm not going to write it or look into it yet. Yes I am tired, why do you ask? And depending on how you've set up your races it could make new item/race changing items impossible or easy to add. Although I'm sure you knew this and I'm just tired rambling.

I just had a quick look at the coding of 1.99.16 and to my (limited) knowledge (which isn't much) adding race changing items like Fen's games might be a bit too far. You'd probably have to bare minimum add a racial score like thing it before setting a race. Meaning x number of points equals x race. To stop it shitting itself and to make it easier you could have a default race that if no points reach a thresh hold then your that race. Though realisitcally if you were to do it you'd have it so a majority of points equals your race but shh. Mean while this would really take up a lot of time and you could simply have it so that changing items like that do a static thing each time.

As for what is special about each race well I'll leave that up in the air/up to you. My tired shamble of a post is already boring, stupid, unnecessarily complicated and needlessly long.

P.s Sorry for typos. I'm probably not going to fix them.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
That would fit too much into the acrobat class. Since catfolk in the game used to be a curse, and technically still is, they're getting the racial feat to shapeshift into a cat. It's also a spell so I want to give them another class feature.

If you are shapeshifted into a cat you can escape without being lewded by enemies.

1. If I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I've played CoC (1), but weren't races for the most part pointless? I know it changes writing flair but apart from that wasn't it pointless to be different races. CoC 2 has a few that I know of but those once again aren't all too special, same with TiTS really. I could be wrong on though and I know TiTS is trying to give some diversity to it beyond slight changes to text.

edit: Yay for misclicking enter

2. As for random potions effects to my knowledge the way CoC and TiTS do it is it runs a check to see if you have x then adds changes after running a check to see if that part will be effected. For example (not a real items but shh):

player eats turn to cat fruit

rng a number between 1 to 10
if =<3
if penis size <10 but >4 increase size by 1
rng number between 1 and 10
if tail =< 0 add cat tail
if tail type /= 3 //this is just a number for race to make it easier
set tail type =3

etc. etc.

3. Mind you this is NOT how it should be written obviously. No, I'm not going to write it or look into it yet. Yes I am tired, why do you ask? And depending on how you've set up your races it could make new item/race changing items impossible or easy to add. Although I'm sure you knew this and I'm just tired rambling.

I just had a quick look at the coding of 1.99.16 and to my (limited) knowledge (which isn't much) adding race changing items like Fen's games might be a bit too far. You'd probably have to bare minimum add a racial score like thing it before setting a race. Meaning x number of points equals x race. To stop it shitting itself and to make it easier you could have a default race that if no points reach a thresh hold then your that race. Though realisitcally if you were to do it you'd have it so a majority of points equals your race but shh. Mean while this would really take up a lot of time and you could simply have it so that changing items like that do a static thing each time.

4. As for what is special about each race well I'll leave that up in the air/up to you. My tired shamble of a post is already boring, stupid, unnecessarily complicated and needlessly long.

P.s Sorry for typos. I'm probably not going to fix them.
1. Pretty much, which is why I want some usefulness to being a certain class. There's a whole dungeon planned that is 90% easier if you're a catfolk or can turn into a cat. The fairy can go into the mushroom area earlier and unlocks a completely new area.

2. I mean, that's similar to how my potions work. Male potion tries to remove your breasts and make your cock at least 10 inches. Female potion tries to give you a vag and make your bust a 10. It's the easiest way to make it work.

3. Not impossible. I'm adding more references to "mutations" in Avedon, random people having some animal features.

Mutations will be tracked using the ledger and you can more or less "buy" the mutations that you want. Full human but with cat ears is going to be a thing. Having too many racial mutation points forces a random mutation, and having all the racial mutations for a species turns you into a that species.

It was in the game in a previous version but I took it out in the overhaul update I did because I wanted to get the racial images in before I finished that system. The potions still give the points, they just don't do anything at the moment.

There's a few things I already have planned:
* Humans are the majority and are the default.
* Goblins cannot be turned male, due to Thesaur's influence.
* Catfolk naturally turn female, and then into housecats. Their race is a genetically unstable.
* Lizardfolk can breathe underwater, which will remove the timer where you start to drown while exploring underwater.
* Fairies can shrink and naturally fly, letting them into many areas super early. I'll add flying out of the lockdown this update.

The problems are Elves and Holstaur as I don't really have anything for them. Holstaur can't be burdened with massive assets, but I don't see that being a problem unless I add a creature that causes it.

The non-standard races you can change into are generally planned out:
* Bees make honey, can fly and call upon other bees if outside and near a hive.
* A wolf can eat raw flesh to heal and gets boosts to having dog allies, upping their own and the dog damage.

It's all subject to change, and I'm more than open to suggestions.

Mar 23, 2022
That would fit too much into the acrobat class. Since catfolk in the game used to be a curse, and technically still is, they're getting the racial feat to shapeshift into a cat. It's also a spell so I want to give them another class feature.

If you are shapeshifted into a cat you can escape without being lewded by enemies.

1. Pretty much, which is why I want some usefulness to being a certain class. There's a whole dungeon planned that is 90% easier if you're a catfolk or can turn into a cat. The fairy can go into the mushroom area earlier and unlocks a completely new area.

2. I mean, that's similar to how my potions work. Male potion tries to remove your breasts and make your cock at least 10 inches. Female potion tries to give you a vag and make your bust a 10. It's the easiest way to make it work.

3. Not impossible. I'm adding more references to "mutations" in Avedon, random people having some animal features.

Mutations will be tracked using the ledger and you can more or less "buy" the mutations that you want. Full human but with cat ears is going to be a thing. Having too many racial mutation points forces a random mutation, and having all the racial mutations for a species turns you into a that species.

It was in the game in a previous version but I took it out in the overhaul update I did because I wanted to get the racial images in before I finished that system. The potions still give the points, they just don't do anything at the moment.

There's a few things I already have planned:
* Humans are the majority and are the default.
* Goblins cannot be turned male, due to Thesaur's influence.
* Catfolk naturally turn female, and then into housecats. Their race is a genetically unstable.
* Lizardfolk can breathe underwater, which will remove the timer where you start to drown while exploring underwater.
* Fairies can shrink and naturally fly, letting them into many areas super early. I'll add flying out of the lockdown this update.

The problems are Elves and Holstaur as I don't really have anything for them. Holstaur can't be burdened with massive assets, but I don't see that being a problem unless I add a creature that causes it.

The non-standard races you can change into are generally planned out:
* Bees make honey, can fly and call upon other bees if outside and near a hive.
* A wolf can eat raw flesh to heal and gets boosts to having dog allies, upping their own and the dog damage.

It's all subject to change, and I'm more than open to suggestions.
2. I haven't looked into how CoC or TiTS does it exactly but I'm pretty sure the way they do it is vastly different to yours. Mind you they do technically have a different base but that doesn't mean you can't use their as inspreation so to speak. I'll look into it more now that I'm awake but no promises and also take someone else with more knowledge over mine.

3. From the way you're said it mutations would function in a differernet way yet similar to what I was discribing. Which doesn't mean they can't coexist. What I was discribing would be a racial score so to speak. The changes one indures would add or subtract points from a static max. The the highest race score would be what ever your race would be. For example I'm 100% human, my score would be 10/10 human. I suddenly gained cat ears, my score would be 9/10 human 1/10 catperson. I'd still be scored as a human due to being 9/10 human. In situation where a racial score is 50/50 then you'd need to set a race order or something similar. for example humans are number 1, cats are number 2 and elves are number 3. that way if you end up with a 50/50 of cat, elves or human you wouldn't have any conflicts. You could also avoid this by having a "mixed" race where if none of your scores are above 7 for example you'd be a "mixed" race.

As for how mutations could coexist with that is if mutation mutations aren't limited to racial limitations. For example a cat ears mutation could be a mutation but you could get then anytime. while cat ears from a race canging item is set. Also mutation of race changes wouldn't be limited to specifics or races. A male catperson comes to mind. You could also have different mutaions be positive and negative based on the change. For example and I know this isn't in but a werewolf/dogperson having a salamander tail mutation would be pretty dangerious what with it being fur next to a tail that's on fire. Finally due to mutation not being limited to race you could have scyth arms because fuck it.

4. If you're stuck on elves and holstaurs I might be able to give a few ideas or at least for elves. I've done extensive research on them, just don't ask why. So elves, while they are made up their roots are plentiful. Depending on where you want their basis to be could make their uniqueness quite varied. For example are they a spirit? Yup some elves are known to actually be litral spirites giving them basic incorporialness. Yes, they have a solid body but they can go through walls with enough practice. Some of those types are also known to be quite the trickester due to being spirites. So the usual projectial voice, invisability, telepathy, etc.. Those usually are associated with spells and not races though. Next would be spirited like being, basically being that worship a spirit or god/godess so faithfully they have unique things to them. For example being able to talk to or hear plants and animals thoughts and feelings. Some are granted they ability to change their form to that of animals. Next would be a being of magic. These ones are as the name suggests a being that is made up of magic and not flesh and blood. To physical attacks they are quite resilient almost immortal to them. Although usually quite weak to magic nulifying effects. Also due to being living magic their magic capabilites are quite high. I've seen quite frequently recently that elves could be a form of demon. Given their long life and odd apperence this could be a thought. This would open up they idea that due to them being a form of demon demonic magic have none to little effect on them. They'd also have the ability to use it. Plus I saw in a different erotic novel form of media that they could be linked to a sub race of succubus and if they feed enough (unnatual levels of sex) they could earn a demon-esk form or a true form. Finally you have the more mundane ones, things like forest elves. Elves with really good hearing, sight, smell taste and touch. Basically supper human senses. making them exelent tracker, hunters and gatherers. Good with bows and hand to hand, usually spears. Finally there is humans but long life and pointy ears. That's it, they are the same apart from that. Obviously I did miss some but these are the more spectaular and also less impressive ones. So feel free to mix match and do what you want. Or ignore me and do as you please. I'm happy either way.

As for Holstaurs I haven't research as much on them. To my knowledge you've got larger then humans natually. Depending On "breed" you've got large "assests" and a lot of litral and figurative milk. They can be prone to being passive baby bitches that won't hurt a fly and run from anything to want's to fight litrally everything. The fighting one are usually known for having weapons much larger then them. So a twelve foot "man" wielding a 20 foot blade/hunk of steel, yikes. They are also known for being quite relisient be it physical or magical. Spiritual magic usually is their downfall due to them usually being cursed, not always though. So basically freaky stong, can lift basically anything. Large assest are nothing. Usually but not always cursed.

Sorry for the wall if anyone skipped to this part. Sorry to anyone cringing at my poor spelling and grama. I'm stupid when it comes to that.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
2. I haven't looked into how CoC or TiTS does it exactly but I'm pretty sure the way they do it is vastly different to yours. Mind you they do technically have a different base but that doesn't mean you can't use their as inspreation so to speak. I'll look into it more now that I'm awake but no promises and also take someone else with more knowledge over mine.

3. From the way you're said it mutations would function in a differernet way yet similar to what I was discribing. Which doesn't mean they can't coexist. What I was discribing would be a racial score so to speak. The changes one indures would add or subtract points from a static max. The the highest race score would be what ever your race would be. For example I'm 100% human, my score would be 10/10 human. I suddenly gained cat ears, my score would be 9/10 human 1/10 catperson. I'd still be scored as a human due to being 9/10 human. In situation where a racial score is 50/50 then you'd need to set a race order or something similar. for example humans are number 1, cats are number 2 and elves are number 3. that way if you end up with a 50/50 of cat, elves or human you wouldn't have any conflicts. You could also avoid this by having a "mixed" race where if none of your scores are above 7 for example you'd be a "mixed" race.

As for how mutations could coexist with that is if mutation mutations aren't limited to racial limitations. For example a cat ears mutation could be a mutation but you could get then anytime. while cat ears from a race canging item is set. Also mutation of race changes wouldn't be limited to specifics or races. A male catperson comes to mind. You could also have different mutaions be positive and negative based on the change. For example and I know this isn't in but a werewolf/dogperson having a salamander tail mutation would be pretty dangerious what with it being fur next to a tail that's on fire. Finally due to mutation not being limited to race you could have scyth arms because fuck it.

4. If you're stuck on elves and holstaurs I might be able to give a few ideas or at least for elves. I've done extensive research on them, just don't ask why. So elves, while they are made up their roots are plentiful. Depending on where you want their basis to be could make their uniqueness quite varied. For example are they a spirit? Yup some elves are known to actually be litral spirites giving them basic incorporialness. Yes, they have a solid body but they can go through walls with enough practice. Some of those types are also known to be quite the trickester due to being spirites. So the usual projectial voice, invisability, telepathy, etc.. Those usually are associated with spells and not races though. Next would be spirited like being, basically being that worship a spirit or god/godess so faithfully they have unique things to them. For example being able to talk to or hear plants and animals thoughts and feelings. Some are granted they ability to change their form to that of animals. Next would be a being of magic. These ones are as the name suggests a being that is made up of magic and not flesh and blood. To physical attacks they are quite resilient almost immortal to them. Although usually quite weak to magic nulifying effects. Also due to being living magic their magic capabilites are quite high. I've seen quite frequently recently that elves could be a form of demon. Given their long life and odd apperence this could be a thought. This would open up they idea that due to them being a form of demon demonic magic have none to little effect on them. They'd also have the ability to use it. Plus I saw in a different erotic novel form of media that they could be linked to a sub race of succubus and if they feed enough (unnatual levels of sex) they could earn a demon-esk form or a true form. Finally you have the more mundane ones, things like forest elves. Elves with really good hearing, sight, smell taste and touch. Basically supper human senses. making them exelent tracker, hunters and gatherers. Good with bows and hand to hand, usually spears. Finally there is humans but long life and pointy ears. That's it, they are the same apart from that. Obviously I did miss some but these are the more spectaular and also less impressive ones. So feel free to mix match and do what you want. Or ignore me and do as you please. I'm happy either way.

As for Holstaurs I haven't research as much on them. To my knowledge you've got larger then humans natually. Depending On "breed" you've got large "assests" and a lot of litral and figurative milk. They can be prone to being passive baby bitches that won't hurt a fly and run from anything to want's to fight litrally everything. The fighting one are usually known for having weapons much larger then them. So a twelve foot "man" wielding a 20 foot blade/hunk of steel, yikes. They are also known for being quite relisient be it physical or magical. Spiritual magic usually is their downfall due to them usually being cursed, not always though. So basically freaky stong, can lift basically anything. Large assest are nothing. Usually but not always cursed.

Sorry for the wall if anyone skipped to this part. Sorry to anyone cringing at my poor spelling and grama. I'm stupid when it comes to that.
Elves get a bonus to Knowledge, which is basically wisdom if this was DnD. If I did a sort of racial background I'd have to make two two types, as the Last of the Line Elf is an Avedonian Elf while all the others are various half breeds. I do like the concept of a spirit that they have access to, but aside from basic combat additions I am unsure what else to make it do.

I do have an idea and I'll see how it works as Elf shouldn't be a race you can get turned into. Basically there was a thing I read once that this one sect of Elves wore masks because there were only so many variations to the perfection of beauty that the Elves bring. Instead of looking a lover looking like your mom or grandmother, everyone would wear a customized mask.

As for Holstaurs I still don't know. Maybe I can make asset expansion a more credible threat, but they may just have to be beefier humans for now.

how do i get brothel employees
Ask your friends and lovers. You can make friends at the Frog and the Jolly Lumberjack by talking to/fucking the other employees.

Slybandit

Jun 11, 2017
.16 Vers, first bug I noticed is that on human start male chosen one, any attempt to talk to bill results in an error.

Line 26
Code 112
Desc end not found

Moon2587

May 7, 2021
It might be boring, but in a practical sense you could have elves have faster mana regen and/or stronger spells when casting. Holstaurs could have similar effects for melee weapons. Or go one step further where elves have weaker melee and Holstaurs weaker magic. Keeping humans where they have no benefit but no drawbacks.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Elves get a bonus to Knowledge, which is basically wisdom if this was DnD. If I did a sort of racial background I'd have to make two two types, as the Last of the Line Elf is an Avedonian Elf while all the others are various half breeds. I do like the concept of a spirit that they have access to, but aside from basic combat additions I am unsure what else to make it do.

I do have an idea and I'll see how it works as Elf shouldn't be a race you can get turned into. Basically there was a thing I read once that this one sect of Elves wore masks because there were only so many variations to the perfection of beauty that the Elves bring. Instead of looking a lover looking like your mom or grandmother, everyone would wear a customized mask.

As for Holstaurs I still don't know. Maybe I can make asset expansion a more credible threat, but they may just have to be beefier humans for now.

Ask your friends and lovers. You can make friends at the Frog and the Jolly Lumberjack by talking to/fucking the other employees.
For Holstaurs you could give them bonus damage for large weapons and/or a larger health pool, maybe something extra like a stat boost after being milked. You could also give them a charge attack that can deal increased damage depending on strength/speed/height.

Lumepanter

Dec 24, 2017
It could be that if Hunger or food bufs ever are implemented, since wheat grows like weed in Avedonia, then holstaurs wouldn't need to eat, or could get a food buff others can't because, well, they eat grass amongst other things. But they wouldn't able to eat their oponents or catch game.
Also it would be fun to see Holstaurs with bigger assts having a smuther attack, that would reduce oponents health or defence or something.
---

Mar 23, 2022

Maybe what ever you decied on doing regarding elves make an Avedonian (true) elf (Last of the Line) either a stronger version of what ever racial benifite you give elves or a different thing. For example let's say you decide to give elves the ability to walk through doors. Give Avedonian elves the ability to astral project along side walking through walls. Because if the player can't turn into an Avedonian elf after change out of it without cheating then you might as well make it enticing to stay as it.

I did a bit more thinking regarding Holstaurs. Have you heard of the Simii in TiTS? It's basically a race of super resistant monkey people. My thought process was if Holstaurs are decendents of Minotaurs and the Minotaurs were cursed by demons (mainly with the collars) then a lingering albeit weaker form of the curse could be apart of the race. Causing abundence of strenght, stamina, etc.. While also making it so that transmogs are pointless. Only something excessivly potent and speciallized to Holstaurs would work. Obviously once broken they could change freely until they turn back into a "true" Holstaur enabling the curse again. Although I'm not sure how other players would react to not being able to mess with their race so freely. You'd have to ask them. I'd be okay with it but I don't really change races. Also with the intruduction of curses you could make them resistance/immune to them, what with basically being cursed already. This is assuming that they are decendents of Minotaurs though.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
It could be that if Hunger or food bufs ever are implemented, since wheat grows like weed in Avedonia, then holstaurs wouldn't need to eat, or could get a food buff others can't because, well, they eat grass amongst other things. But they wouldn't able to eat their oponents or catch game.
Also it would be fun to see Holstaurs with bigger assts having a smuther attack, that would reduce oponents health or defence or something.
---
Technically the PC doesn't need to eat, something they mention a few times in scenes. Eating gives the PC temp Hp at the moment.

I do like the concept of having such a fat ass that it deflects attacks. I'm gonna give them the chance to halve damage from incoming damage if their tits are big enough.

I'm working on attacks on the last enemy, mostly for the succubus class, so you can have an event with the final enemy but with how combat is currently coded I can't get it to work.

Maybe what ever you decied on doing regarding elves make an Avedonian (true) elf (Last of the Line) either a stronger version of what ever racial benifite you give elves or a different thing. For example let's say you decide to give elves the ability to walk through doors. Give Avedonian elves the ability to astral project along side walking through walls. Because if the player can't turn into an Avedonian elf after change out of it without cheating then you might as well make it enticing to stay as it.

I did a bit more thinking regarding Holstaurs. Have you heard of the Simii in TiTS? It's basically a race of super resistant monkey people. My thought process was if Holstaurs are decendents of Minotaurs and the Minotaurs were cursed by demons (mainly with the collars) then a lingering albeit weaker form of the curse could be apart of the race. Causing abundence of strenght, stamina, etc.. While also making it so that transmogs are pointless. Only something excessivly potent and speciallized to Holstaurs would work. Obviously once broken they could change freely until they turn back into a "true" Holstaur enabling the curse again. Although I'm not sure how other players would react to not being able to mess with their race so freely. You'd have to ask them. I'd be okay with it but I don't really change races. Also with the intruduction of curses you could make them resistance/immune to them, what with basically being cursed already. This is assuming that they are decendents of Minotaurs though.
I have three potential abilities for Elves, possibly the ability to choose one to have active at a time.

* Tree Stride, which lets them teleport to any stretch of road along the northern road or other forests they come across. The western road is in a valley, so no trees. To reach Dragon, Amazonia, or Tentacle islands you'll have to visit them first.
* Elven Accord, which stops hostile plant life from attacking
* Hidden Ears, where you hide your ears to stop racist attacks

As for Holstaur...

I don't know. I like the smother attack, I like being so beefy you deflect attacks, but I don't want one specific class to have a distinct and clear advantage in early game. Elves being able to tree stride only works in areas with trees. Goblins are naturally friendly to goblin pcs. Fairies can fit into spaces that require a spell earned later.

I really don't know. I could give each race some special and powerful abilities but I'm worried about the power creep that would bring in. The game started as a mod to Rubedo because I didn't like getting beaten up by drunks with 30k health. I don't want the inverse where the PC causes enemies to die by simply being near them, at least not in early game.

Mar 23, 2022
Technically the PC doesn't need to eat, something they mention a few times in scenes. Eating gives the PC temp Hp at the moment.

I do like the concept of having such a fat ass that it deflects attacks. I'm gonna give them the chance to halve damage from incoming damage if their tits are big enough.

I'm working on attacks on the last enemy, mostly for the succubus class, so you can have an event with the final enemy but with how combat is currently coded I can't get it to work.

I have three potential abilities for Elves, possibly the ability to choose one to have active at a time.

* Tree Stride, which lets them teleport to any stretch of road along the northern road or other forests they come across. The western road is in a valley, so no trees. To reach Dragon, Amazonia, or Tentacle islands you'll have to visit them first.

As for Holstaur...

I don't know. I like the smother attack, I like being so beefy you deflect attacks, but I don't want one specific class to have a distinct and clear advantage in early game. Elves being able to tree stride only works in areas with trees. Goblins are naturally friendly to goblin pcs. Fairies can fit into spaces that require a spell earned later.

I really don't know. I could give each race some special and powerful abilities but I'm worried about the power creep that would bring in. The game started as a mod to Rubedo because I didn't like getting beaten up by drunks with 30k health. I don't want the inverse where the PC causes enemies to die by simply being near them, at least not in early game.
If you're worried about potential power creep early game there are two solutions that spring to mind. First the most obvious being simply have it so that racial benifits don't effect combat and having them only be explorative or social. Meaning no Holstaurs taking less damage or a unique attack but the Tree Stride would be okay. The next method would be to heavily monitor how they act so that they can't or won't snowball. This is a lot more tedious because every addition to combat would mean needing to check it but it would mean you're allowed things like smothering attacks from Holstaurs or lizardfolk with acid breath. There is a third option that I can think of but knowing what I know it's obviously a no go. It would simply be remove race benifits all together. All races would be treated the same (with a few exceptions like human racisim). Fairies wouldn't be able to shrink, elves would be just pointy eared humans and lizards wouldn't be able to breath under water. It would only be cosmetic, excluding the race score like elves getting extra knowledge.

Option one would mean you'd have to think of a non combat related benifit for Holstaurs but would limit the scope of available benifits. Option two would give a broader scope but mean you'd need to keep an eye on and constantly check for early snowballing. Option three removes both the issue and any potiental gains there (also is the easiest route).

If you want Holstaurs to be a combat focused race that is the only race with combat buffs then sure. Just try and avoid percentages. Those get crazy insanely fast. Ten percent of ten is one, nothing. Ten percent of one thousand is one hundred, something. In the end you do you, I'll still download and play it.

Jul 28, 2019

Is it too late to suggest that Elves might be able to talk to (and hear) animals normally incommunicable creatures? Sort of wisdom + nature. That would allow them different options in certain situations.

As to the power creep issue just keep the abilities somewhat useful in a set of limited circumstances. Then balancing the breadth/usefulness is just about saying (making up) why fairies can't fly everywhere, or lizardfolk can only breath in certain types of water. etc.

On the meta-level, assuming the means are easily accessible in game, I'll be thinking about 'when' I want to be each race and plan out a cycle to get each of their special content/easy access at an appropriate point in my playthrough. But that's just me.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Is it too late to suggest that Elves might be able to talk to (and hear) animals normally incommunicable creatures? Sort of wisdom + nature. That would allow them different options in certain situations.

2. As to the power creep issue just keep the abilities somewhat useful in a set of limited circumstances. Then balancing the breadth/usefulness is just about saying (making up) why fairies can't fly everywhere, or lizardfolk can only breath in certain types of water. etc.

On the meta-level, assuming the means are easily accessible in game, I'll be thinking about 'when' I want to be each race and plan out a cycle to get each of their special content/easy access at an appropriate point in my playthrough. But that's just me.
1. I tried adding in talking to animals but I felt it took away from the few animals who talk on their own.

2. Moving the northern road made the map easier to plot out and allows horse travel to make sense. Flying straight up is a planned feature, there's whales and griffons up there, among some other stuff. I might add it in in the next update.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes