Mar 23, 2022
1. I, personally, also have "Captions" and "Hotkeys" on as they make the game easier to read.

The windows can be moved around. I keep "Additonal Desc" on the left side, "Main Desc" in the middle and then "Options" on top of "Actions" as there are generally not a lot on that side.

I can also link the version of QSP I use if you want it. There's different versions that do different things but the most common one is the Sonnix 1.9 version.
1. I don't have captions or hotkeys. I'm not even sure as to where or how to turn them on. I only run what ever the default is for the version I'm using.

2. This is a question more for others but your opinion would be appreciated.

So I've been writing a quest out. I think I'm almost done. I've written the bulk of the lore and most if not all the hints. All I've got left is coding the puzzle, which shouldn't be too difficult if a little crudely done. Also the final scene after solving the puzzle. So I guess onto my question. I have two characters that I'm considering. One has a bit of art that I could find and is semi diverse in nature. Unfortunatly it's mostly limited to human. So goblin or other races might miss out in authenticity. The next is probably worse by those criteria. All the art work I've quickly skimmed was either humanoid demon on them or human on them. The last option I have is say fuck it to finding unique things to go with them. It'll give a lot of options in terms of art work but the pictures wouldn't feel the same. So I guess I'm asking which options should I choose for a demon that looks almost indistinguishable from a human?

1. Zinna from pokemon

2. Morbous from Helltaker

3. Fuck it from fuck it.

This is not an indicator that I'm close to done. I'm busy in real life and haven't had much time to progress. I still have a lot to do in regards to this so please don't assume I'm close and that I can give an eta.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. I don't have captions or hotkeys. I'm not even sure as to where or how to turn them on. I only run what ever the default is for the version I'm using.

2. This is a question more for others but your opinion would be appreciated.

So I've been writing a quest out. I think I'm almost done. I've written the bulk of the lore and most if not all the hints. All I've got left is coding the puzzle, which shouldn't be too difficult if a little crudely done. Also the final scene after solving the puzzle. So I guess onto my question. I have two characters that I'm considering. One has a bit of art that I could find and is semi diverse in nature. Unfortunatly it's mostly limited to human. So goblin or other races might miss out in authenticity. The next is probably worse by those criteria. All the art work I've quickly skimmed was either humanoid demon on them or human on them. The last option I have is say fuck it to finding unique things to go with them. It'll give a lot of options in terms of art work but the pictures wouldn't feel the same. So I guess I'm asking which options should I choose for a demon that looks almost indistinguishable from a human?

1. Zinna from pokemon

2. Morbous from Helltaker

3. Fuck it from fuck it.

This is not an indicator that I'm close to done. I'm busy in real life and haven't had much time to progress. I still have a lot to do in regards to this so please don't assume I'm close and that I can give an eta.
1. Settings-Show/Hide and then click it. I also thing you can hit CTRL+(number keys) to enable them without opening the menu.

2. Why not just have a demon form/human form? Death, Bill, Bede and Baph(goat demon) have multiple forms they take.

Also:

Do not try to mimic my schedule with updates/releases. What I am doing is probably unhealthy. Please take your time.

Mar 23, 2022
1. Settings-Show/Hide and then click it. I also thing you can hit CTRL+(number keys) to enable them without opening the menu.

2. Why not just have a demon form/human form? Death, Bill, Bede and Baph(goat demon) have multiple forms they take.

Also:

3. Do not try to mimic my schedule with updates/releases. What I am doing is probably unhealthy. Please take your time.
1. Yup. I'm stupid alright. I didn't even know there was a settings. Turns out always using default is not always the best course of action.

2. I thought it would be easier to discribe them that way without giving too much away.

2a. Was not aware Bill did that. I guess it makes sense though.

3. Oh trust me I'm not. I can't keep up with writing weekly. I'm just too slow at it. I think I started writing this a month ago, I started writing in 1.99.35 (Yup I'm writing in that version). I started putting this together about 1.99.32. Like writing down ideas, story boarding, etc.. The just forming ideas part.

3a. As for whether it's healthy or not, that's up for debate. For some it might be okay. I'm not one of them obviously. Now if it's chaotic or not doing that? Yeah that's chaotic.

BubbaJubbs

May 29, 2021
Are you not seeing the images or is the game not running?

You can drag, or move, most of the "windows" in the game to where you would like.

At the top of QSP when you open it up you'll have "Settings" and then "Show/Hide".

Make sure that "Options", "Actions" and "Main Desc" are all on. "Additional Dec" should open on its own when you start the game.

I, personally, also have "Captions" and "Hotkeys" on as they make the game easier to read.

The windows can be moved around. I keep "Additonal Desc" on the left side, "Main Desc" in the middle and then "Options" on top of "Actions" as there are generally not a lot on that side.

I can also link the version of QSP I use if you want it. There's different versions that do different things but the most common one is the Sonnix 1.9 version.

I don't have that done yet. Right now they just riot for about a month and then it calms down.
Thank you for the help. For some reason everything except for additional descriptions defaulted to closed, but I fixed it.

Mar 23, 2022
I see. I didn't know if this was like some other games where some starts are significantly more difficult than others.
I think the only start that has any pratical game based effect is the chosen one start. That's the only one that starts with some form of passive income. 200 gems a week is how much it give. That's nothing btw. Apart from that each start has their own unique dialogue at certain parts. I can vouch for Chosen and LaughingFox says Unlucky is great. I've yet to play Maid or Last of Line. But I'd assume they'd have something unique to them.

Reactions: BubbaJubbs

Potatogod08

Nov 13, 2017
I have the wings from the succubus class, but I can't take the flight that the Flower Maiden talks about. Is this in development or am I missing something?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Is there a recommended start for a first time player?
It's a matter of perspective.

If you're a Human/Elf and choose Wizard you can be the Lost Wizard start and you get lightning powers at the start of the game.

Chosen One can get a pretty powerful spell quite early on by fucking your sister/brother and dealing with the implications of that.

Unlucky has the most weapon skill of any start and, if the math actually works out, does about 10 extra damage with spears at game start.

I have the wings from the succubus class, but I can't take the flight that the Flower Maiden talks about. Is this in development or am I missing something?
Not yet.

I've bitten off too many sidequests at the moment. I am actively trying to finish the quests in Avedon that have been left pending for months at this point.

Reactions: nixx and BubbaJubbs

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
So I am stuck on a number of quests. I am unsure if it is due to a bug or due to my inability to find where I need to be.

1720771221502.png

I cannot quite find it, I suspect the quest is incomplete.

1720771081300.png

Not sure how to get to the deep ocean.

1720771299905.png

Not sure what I need to do. I think I spoke with Bede but not sure what further action I can take. This has been hanging there for about half a year now at least. Something is stuck.

1720771385055.png

I am unable to receive the item I think. I tried interacting with the king in the throne room.

1720771470051.png

I think this would require the sleep travel power. I am unsure what to do to trigger it as I was able to do on an earlier playthrough. This has been stuck for a very long time as well.

One other weirdness I observed is my inability to find extensions of the tentacle hive along the road. They are there but not always accessible from the road side. I think this applies to the own camp as well which can be hard to find.

And lastly the save file for your delightful bug busting. I was running it on 1.99.38_Patch_1_Fix

Mar 23, 2022
So I am stuck on a number of quests. I am unsure if it is due to a bug or due to my inability to find where I need to be.

View attachment 3823653

I cannot quite find it, I suspect the quest is incomplete.

View attachment 3823645

Not sure how to get to the deep ocean.

View attachment 3823659

Not sure what I need to do. I think I spoke with Bede but not sure what further action I can take. This has been hanging there for about half a year now at least. Something is stuck.

View attachment 3823661

I am unable to receive the item I think. I tried interacting with the king in the throne room.

View attachment 3823666

I think this would require the sleep travel power. I am unsure what to do to trigger it as I was able to do on an earlier playthrough. This has been stuck for a very long time as well.

One other weirdness I observed is my inability to find extensions of the tentacle hive along the road. They are there but not always accessible from the road side. I think this applies to the own camp as well which can be hard to find.

And lastly the save file for your delightful bug busting. I was running it on 1.99.38_Patch_1_Fix
1. Cho's old circus is north or fort reach. Meaning go to fort reach and go north (the 500 gem way). Just keep heading north till you find the lucky lollipop.

2. Go to mont creek and go to the docks. Talk to the lady there about getting a boat. Go back to Avedon and pick it up from the dock yard. Then hire the sailor in the pub there.

3 & 5. Both of those are broken due to a bug. I've patched it previosly but the changes didn't make it to Snekk's version. You could fix both of those by going into cheat then reset bede's death. To be fair I can't actually patch it either. Not short of adding in a bunch of stuff. But basically Bede died so white space is inaccessable. But the game doesn't recognise that she's dead so you can still talk to her.

4. Give her the eye when she's at the forest portal.

This parts for Snekk because I'm too lazy to write a second message.

In plaguemeet line 49 Change 'Bede was killed by the Horseman Plague attacked you' to something like 'BedeHorsemanPlague' or something similar. I personally use BedePlauge but that's me.

In dreams line 123 change 'Bede was killed by the Horseman Plauge when he attacked you' to something like
'BedeHorsemanPlague' or something similar. I personally use 'BedePlauge' but that's me.

in resetquests line 8 change the second one to the same thing.

Basically the idea here is to change the long sting of Bede's death to something simpler and less prone to messing up. If you'd prefer to keep it long then ignore me and just change the second or first one so they are the same.

Reactions: shiroineko

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017

1. I cannot quite find it, I suspect the quest is incomplete.

2. Not sure how to get to the deep ocean.

3. Not sure what I need to do. I think I spoke with Bede but not sure what further action I can take. This has been hanging there for about half a year now at least. Something is stuck.

4. I am unable to receive the item I think. I tried interacting with the king in the throne room.

5. I think this would require the sleep travel power. I am unsure what to do to trigger it as I was able to do on an earlier playthrough. This has been stuck for a very long time as well.

1. Added the mile/kilometer marker to the quest hint so its easier to know that you need to go further north.

2. Reworded it to tell that you just need to get back into the water. They're mermaids, they zoom around the ocean at breakneck speed.

3. Added a few more checks and descriptions on where to go.

4. Removed the fact you need to have it equipped. Not sure why I had that in to be honest.

5. It does. It may actually softlock if you deny May until I add the other gates to hell and the powers that let you reseal the doors from the outside.

Oh. How odd.

I fixed it. For some reason she wasn't appearing in the main area.

An admin fix is that all movable NPC's appear in the cheat menu. Go to your ledger, hit the cheat button and then the Dev testing area button. From there you can find Prime and then move her somewhere else. Emergency escape to get out of there.

1. Still working on that area.

2. I'm redoing the school and fixed the gym class.

Reactions: shiroineko
Mar 23, 2022
where are the 2 founding members of the apothecary?
There are 6 founding members if I'm not mistaken. William is..... well he's in a unique predicament. I can't say where for spoiler reasons. Vespera is also in a special place. Not the same as William but special none the less. Sal Pidgen I believe is the old man on top of Monduval's hotel. So he's known to be alive. Flur is at her flower shop in the slums. So she's known to be alive also. Amrel is the first sawmill foreman before he's replaced if I'm not mistaken. Ausra is the only location that I don't believe is openly shown or pointed out. So I'm not sure where she is.

As for looking for the two as the quest suggests that's impossible. Sal has nothing to say and Flur has one date. The quest currently ends at that point if your wondering.

neolancer

Jan 6, 2021
There are 6 founding members if I'm not mistaken. William is..... well he's in a unique predicament. I can't say where for spoiler reasons. Vespera is also in a special place. Not the same as William but special none the less. Sal Pidgen I believe is the old man on top of Monduval's hotel. So he's known to be alive. Flur is at her flower shop in the slums. So she's known to be alive also. Amrel is the first sawmill foreman before he's replaced if I'm not mistaken. Ausra is the only location that I don't believe is openly shown or pointed out. So I'm not sure where she is.

As for looking for the two as the quest suggests that's impossible. Sal has nothing to say and Flur has one date. The quest currently ends at that point if your wondering.
a thanks

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes