Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
From what other games have done lemme think back...

CoC (Corruption of Champtions), CoC2, TiTs (Trials in Tainted space) uses a system where sex attacks is basically just modified by any player skills they have, being mostly static attacks from and at enemies, It wasn't complex but very simple to achieve what it wanted.

Lilith's Throne, Broken Dreams Correctional Center uses more complex modifiers the player themselves can tweak globally. Some Enemies/NPCs might prefer big titted female characters, others might like small cocked futas, so sexual attacks that used parts would scale better or worst with those preferences.

Pulling up some ideas I could throw into the ring, I think having a grapple/molest option probably would be better than just flaunting your bits. It seems like a much better way to do it than just pulling down your pants to stroke off to entice the enemy unless they're that lust drunk, because you could just flaunt your stuff before the battle even starts and that saves the trouble of the battle in the first place.
I do plan on implementing a grab mechanic for zombies as grabbing is what they do. Possibly a coil mechanic for lamias and snakes.

I've been playing BDCC as I think about how to fix certain things and their flirt mechanic is just wiggle whatever the enemy likes. Possible, but they have a set amount of named enemies. Having a new character made after every encounter would crash the game due to size real quick as the quests the player encounters takes place over the entire world and at least three dimensions.

Most games by Fenoxo have a simple tease and lust mechanic. If you get too lustful you lose, which I think sucks. A Succubus/Incubus class is going to exist in my game eventually and they're pretty high lust beings.

I may just be over thinking it, I may just move the sex to victory/loss scenes where a defeated player can still win the fight by fucking the enemy unconscious.

if you feel the problem is because a single stat for stamina control causes it to become too easy to exploit by repeatedly training that single stat, just make that stamina become the limiter of how much u can train, each training took a percentage chunk out of your current stamina which you can no longer train when it reaches 0. You can also reduce the amount growths from just self-training, at the same time I feel that just having speed to determine stamina gain is bit too simplistic, example for speed you gain 0.5 of a point while endurance get 0.3 and strength get 0.2 of stamina, but this might become more work for ya.
The current rate of Health/Stamina is 1:1. Testing combat with the base of 10 in every stat has been awful so I'm playing Holstaur for more starting health due to their +3 to Strength.

They will be able to use money to buy stats as well, May in Hell is going to let you buy skillpoints, classes and curses that the PC can inflict upon themselves. The player buying a curse that makes them only eat semen gives, on average, the easiest count of temporary health the player can get. I don't know what the cap for temp hp is but at the moment there is not one. This is probably a mistake.

I will implement a stat cap for what the player can have based on quests completed and from simply physically training but the player has to spend their own stats to progress certain quests.

Tonya is going to remain a simple unintelligent zombie and the player has to give her points from their own Knowledge/Intelligence to have her regain sentience.

King Bornhorst will require Strength to power through his curse or he dies.

The various NPC lovers that are infertile will require Luck which increases their pregnancy chance.

Still working out the details on how I want it before I put it in the game but the "miracles" that the player performs have a cost. Want to heal the sick? Congrats on the power you had to spend to do so.

Sergilippo

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, i can't find Annette with the shipwreck start, as a male character, i looked up here in the forum and all suggest to check the housing district after 18.00, i can see and approach the prostitutes, but she dosen't show up, so is her quest related or i'm missing something? I checked up with the chosen one start, and no problem i can find her there, is her missing in the shipwreck start? Thanks if someone can tell me :)

Dec 23, 2022
Hi, i can't find Annette with the shipwreck start, as a male character, i looked up here in the forum and all suggest to check the housing district after 18.00, i can see and approach the prostitutes, but she dosen't show up, so is her quest related or i'm missing something? I checked up with the chosen one start, and no problem i can find her there, is her missing in the shipwreck start? Thanks if someone can tell me :)
Hello you have to complete the bug quest in the mine only then will she show up in the alleyway.

Reactions: Sergilippo

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I keep talking about it but I thought I'd finally post it to show you guys. The combat test is now up over on if you want to see how it is.

It also has the menus up and working I could get some feedback on how it works/doesn't work.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Writing out the sex combat behavior...sucks.

It feels too rigid and I don't like it.

The initial sex system I had in Rubedo was basically the same thing I just made, where the PC can orgasm multiple times but they're using different body parts to try and make someone else cum.

So....

Either my stat breakdown needs to change, which I don't really want to do as the PC can simply train up Speed(which controls Stamina) by running around their farm, or I need a different way to handle the PC fucking enemies in combat.

Any ideas/suggestions on how other games do it so I can go look?
Sorry, late to the party here. Busy week.

Fundamentally, you are kind of at a crossroads. Either sex has a big factor in combat, or it's icing on the cake. It seems like you want the combat to be front and center, as the story is mix of adventure, exploration, smex, lore, and of course, fighting the good (or bad) fight.

The inclusion of companions and numerous foes makes outright fucking in combat... tricky. Both to write, and to justify as a leap of logic. Like, if it's one on one, being held down and ravaged, or you yourself doing the ravaging, sure, it makes sense. Null sweat there.

But with the inclusion of multiple actors it starts getting bizarre. Why wouldn't somebody else take advantage, or stab somebody in the soft fleshy bits while the actors are doing the horizontal tango? If you have high charisma you can have a number of allies - does your team stand around holding up scorecards based off performance until you are done? (Actually, the Goblins just might.)

You could put them in a grapple 'state' if being lewded that could be interrupted, perhaps, but again, depending on the companies sparring you run the risk of chain stunning or other frustrating confusion.

Honestly I'd suggest an alternate sex combat system if that's how you want to roll, rather than trying to mash the bits together. I never saw an issue with resolving what happens sexy time wise after the battle anyway.

I'd just expand the fundamentals that make sense. Maxing out the lust in combat makes somebody orgasm; essentially a unique stun effect that renders their defenses pretty much moot. (Hard for a swordsman to land a swing when they are crosseyed and nutting, for example.)

Different classes or techniques could tweak this state, making it more impactful, or even a source of recovery.

Perhaps have a stacking penalty in the combat, so the more you climax, the bigger the tax on your energy grows, as at least in the qsp version losing all the energy resulted in immediate defeat regardless.

'Lust' attacks from Annette, the PC, critters or whatnot can still do their thing (though you'll also have to have a flag checked if something is humanoid and sexable, unless you want to start getting real unique for in combat sex descriptions, which sounds like a nightmare).

A option that a succubus or Annette (or Bill) could employ is the ability for lust damage to be considered physical damage, or deal a portion of it, thereby giving the whole sucking out the soul concept and lore some added weight, as well as giving them some combat potential that isn't merely a sexy status effect.

And again, certain types could be more resistant than others. Or weak. A holy type, monk, or druid would likely be more in tune with their bodies, desires, and resistance than say a warrior, thief, or mage.

Just spitballing here obviously, nothing needs to be taken as gospel.

But if it (sex combat) isn't feeling right, then your best move is probably to tweak it or shelf it until it does what you want.

Edit: Whoops, missed the demo link. I'll check it out later. Probably just invalidated most of the nonsense I just wrote, haha!

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
I keep talking about it but I thought I'd finally post it to show you guys. The combat test is now up over on if you want to see how it is.

It also has the menus up and working I could get some feedback on how it works/doesn't work.
Combat seems perfectly serviceable right now. Though a visual indicator for resources like hp always up instead of just being numbers or stuffed into a menu would be nice. Frankly I'm not really seeing a need for sex combat.

Also, aside from the broken shit like clicking the mutations menu in the ledge, the UI is also solid. However I would suggest that you consider options for sorting the quest list that aren't alphabetical. Categories based on if a quest is part of the main quest or not and what facet of that whole thing the specific quest is part of would be very helpful. As would generally improving the quest experience from the qsp version be.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Combat seems perfectly serviceable right now. Though a visual indicator for resources like hp always up instead of just being numbers or stuffed into a menu would be nice. Frankly I'm not really seeing a need for sex combat.

Also, aside from the broken shit like clicking the mutations menu in the ledge, the UI is also solid. However I would suggest that you consider options for sorting the quest list that aren't alphabetical. Categories based on if a quest is part of the main quest or not and what facet of that whole thing the specific quest is part of would be very helpful. As would generally improving the quest experience from the qsp version be.
Where would be a good spot to show the health if I put it somewhere on every page? Having a bar for health can be something I have as the default and as a toggle in the menu.

As for quests, what would be the best way to sort them?

Dec 23, 2022
For quest maybe a button for index or maybe a place in player stats that records what quest you are on or have completed.
You could also do a item in the inventory that tracks your progress and transformations. I apologize if it sounds condescending i
do not mean it that way i also dont know if that is possible to code on the new system you are working on.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Where would be a good spot to show the health if I put it somewhere on every page? Having a bar for health can be something I have as the default and as a toggle in the menu.

As for quests, what would be the best way to sort them?
Either as a side bar or under the current set of icons for all the menu stuff.

As for sorting quests, there are multiple good answers. However I gotta say that sorting them by questline is the best option. Assuming that the details for a given quest are sufficient to remind about where one is supposed to go and who is involved. Like the first quest for the kitsune goddess at the bar would be under the kitsune questline and remind you to go to the shrine near the fort.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
The extra section under the current one is gonna require some work, but how is this for the Quest system?

Screenshot 1 is what it currently is.

Screenshot 2 is what you see when you click on the Quest tab. This will remove the Completed quest tab as it puts it all in the same area.

Screenshot 3 is when you click on the name of the quest to see the full quest details instead of just the next objective.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Much better quest system. Though it is a bit unclear if the quest for talking to the lizard is set on the dragon isles or is named after them.

stat bars are also neat, but I think being under the menu bars would look better

duy123a

Sep 12, 2017
I just new to the game, but is the bow combat suck or if I really bad. Everytime I move further the enemy also move so no way to hit them.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
I just new to the game, but is the bow combat suck or if I really bad. Everytime I move further the enemy also move so no way to hit them.
yeh dont play bow snekk still working on improving the combat, bow have a major problem that it can't be fire at point blank, but every encounter starts you at right next to the enemies, so you already force to waste 1st turn to move away, and if they have higher speed than you, well you're shit out of luck they'll just catch up to u and knock you down.

Last edited:

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Picked up someone's code for stat bars on twinery and am trying it out.

They could still use some work but was this what you were thinking?
yeh, it looks good at full bar can u show one more screen shot of lost hp,mana,and stamina?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Picked up someone's code for stat bars on twinery and am trying it out.

They could still use some work but was this what you were thinking?
Unless there is a way to make the various bars line up with the text, personally, I would prefer just the plain bars (screenshot_4).
The bars with the text offset and throwing a gap between the bars just looks kind of weird. If the text could like up directly below or above each of the bars, that would be fine, but as it is in that screenshot, it looks kind of 'blegh'.

Mar 23, 2022
The extra section under the current one is gonna require some work, but how is this for the Quest system?

Screenshot 1 is what it currently is.

Screenshot 2 is what you see when you click on the Quest tab. This will remove the Completed quest tab as it puts it all in the same area.

Screenshot 3 is when you click on the name of the quest to see the full quest details instead of just the next objective.
I think a nicer version of the health bar location is under the like vombatidi gave an example of.

Also I prefer the second method, so Screenshot 2 and 3. Although maybe make it so completed quest also show up and it's collapsible. It's always hand to know what you've done and where you've been, but you don't need to know about it always.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes