Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
My five cents on the matter are as follows; imgs should be used only for main areas and characters. Combat and occasional sex, such as defeat etc. they could have just the text, enriched with description etc... Course of Temptation is a good example of how images aren't necessary, not even pixelated like dol.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Images have always been a real bottleneck to development progress with these sorts of games and I wouldn't be sad to see their use reduced.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
I am going through and fixing a lot of the art so when I finally get the game back out you'll need to redownload the art.

Should only be the once though.
Just please don't cut the sex part to the "and then they fucked" description. More than one sentence makes it much more enjoyable experience.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I'm not cutting out the scenes I currently have, I'm just adding a minigame. The current images are going to go into where the pixel lizard woman is.

It was the framework for what I wanted the sex combat to be but I just not got it working after I initially gave up on it.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hey folks. Figured I'd ask in case anybody had some glorious insight. I'm fucking around with some art with nuns, characters, and holy symbols.

Snekk has passed along some ideas, and I figured it can't hurt for more: This is regarding the symbol for the Falling Fire (the main religion for the 1st area of the game).

Obviously crosses are right out; as wonderful as they are they don't really fit in this setting. But it's hard to argue with the simplicity and usefulness of a pendant / symbol hanging from the neck and such.

Messing around, nothing has quite 'clicked' yet. If you've an idea or suggestion, I'm all ears.

Not a big deal, but it's proving a fun distraction all the same.

Mar 23, 2022
Hey folks. Figured I'd ask in case anybody had some glorious insight. I'm fucking around with some art with nuns, characters, and holy symbols.

Snekk has passed along some ideas, and I figured it can't hurt for more: This is regarding the symbol for the Falling Fire (the main religion for the 1st area of the game).

Obviously crosses are right out; as wonderful as they are they don't really fit in this setting. But it's hard to argue with the simplicity and usefulness of a pendant / symbol hanging from the neck and such.

Messing around, nothing has quite 'clicked' yet. If you've an idea or suggestion, I'm all ears.

I have an basic/bad idea on one but I'd like to hear what Snekk had suggested before I mention mine, just incase I mention one of his. Mine would probably look weird anyway as most of it's symbolic of things.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022

You could use a falling comet or sword with a fire moving around the blade like a snake.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I have an basic/bad idea on one but I'd like to hear what Snekk had suggested before I mention mine, just incase I mention one of his. Mine would probably look weird anyway as most of it's symbolic of things.
Slightly angled question mark with a more accentuated top was mentioned. Based on a dragon crashing into a volcano and destroying it.

May try a falling meteor or comet as suggested, the trick is not making it too elaborate so it can be repeated / replicated easily enough. ...Or accidentally making it look like sperm flying, apparently. That's what I get for attempting to draw when I should be sleeping, haha.

Mar 23, 2022
Slightly angled question mark with a more accentuated top was mentioned. Based on a dragon crashing into a volcano and destroying it.

May try a falling meteor or comet as suggested, the trick is not making it too elaborate so it can be repeated / replicated easily enough. ...Or accidentally making it look like sperm flying, apparently. That's what I get for attempting to draw when I should be sleeping, haha.
Those sound way better and more complex than my idea, lol, excluding my one "Duh make dragon head lol". All I thought of was a mix of a few symbols that are religious and alchemic to make some garbage. I basically thought of something similar to this: the top white red triangle for fire (like the alchemical symbol for fire). Blue triangle for air (alchemical symbol for air). The two triangles together is for the struggle between God and humans and stuff. The two triangles like that is also a symbol for silver (silver is considered very pure but not as pure as gold in alchemy). Finally, the triangle in a circle is usually symbolic of community in some religious circles. Here's a bad example I quickly threw together.

1727976117917.png

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hm. I dig it, and it has a good look to it. Simple and effective!

...But I can't help but think alchemists in Avedon are pretty much nerds. And nerds have that creative and free thinking thing going for them, which would absolutely make them a target or exploitable in the anything-that-isn't human-and-sometimes-that's-not-enough super happy friendly place known as Avedon.

I mean, there's no way Percy survives without Protagonist Power intervention, talented mouth and stretchy internal organs or no. (And even then...)

...May have to poke Snekk on this one though. I could totally see that being used as a symbol for an Alchemical order or guild that rose and fell, and there's also that whole line of research and lore Percy digs up with the PC in the lake prison below.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
It would have to be a simple design that a generally illiterate peasant could understand.

The Falling Fire symbol could be as simply as a circle with a line trailing off, like an angled question mark, or it could be hyper detailed. Depends on the individual and where it would be. Other symbols could also be used but that depends on their style, the nuns having double triangles would be funny if when you corrupt them the symbol turns into something that looks more like a pair of tits.

Reactions: Fizel

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Getting the sex system up and running and using Lu, a lizardfolk in the Dragon Isles that you are given as your first potential love interest, as the test.

Still working on NPC sex and pregnancy but the system seems to be working fine, I just need to finish testing and get the pictures in.

Should have a demo out this weekend if all goes well

Mar 23, 2022
Okay so my first idea is out because it's too smart lol. How about instead something that looks a fire, maybe falling, so illiterate people know it's the falling fire. Something perhaps similar to this. I hope I don't to explain what's funny about it.

1728003443636.png

Also I'm too lazy to colour this one.

Edit: The symbolism is different in this iteration but I tried to make the core of it something the stupid masses would understand. Fire/meteor equals Falling Fire. As for the actual symbolism I'll leave that unknown unless Snekk asks for it, the masses don't need to know why there are two triangles in the center.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsyTurtle
Mar 23, 2022
I mean, I threw it together in thirty seconds what did you expect? Some Picasso rendition lol. It very much didn't end up like I envisioned. Couldn't get the non-straight lines to work how I wanted.

Mar 23, 2022
Hahaha. No, no, I get that. I just...

I can sort of imagine a similar conversation going down in a fantasy world. Symbols gilded with precious metals, the craftsman beaming with pride over the new insignia.

...And some half asleep village guard says, "wot, innit a turtle?"
I don't know which is worse. The argument over it being a weird turtle, an ugly fire, or an upside down fat chick. Or the nun who has to explain it's none of those and what it actually means.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes