Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Talk of the game engine aside, here's a small progress report.

The main hurdle with the game right now is the handling of children and pregnancy. The previous system in QSP simply gave you a baby item that you could use and, while I can do that, there is definite room for improvement.

There's going to be some locations, the Dragon Isles being one of them, where the player can control its development. More or less it is going to be a catchall for your stuff and things you have but don't want to deal with, such as Doktor when she is added in as she is incredibly high maintenance for being a spore.

The player can choose to send their children to Lo for the ghost kobold to care for. Lo will raise them in her kobold den so enjoy your borderline feral children that get released into Starfang Village. Once in the village they'll do various things like fish and explore the temple, which can kill them if you don't clear it of the snakes and mutants that live there.

They will passively deal with these threats as per your orders but it is possible to completely exterminate the threats or tame them, which will result in various outcomes such as the snakes accidentally turning your children into mutants due to their hyperactive healing venom.

---------

That is what I'm working on the moment. Trying to separate the roles of the genders as "Get Pregnant" should only apply to female and futanari.
Hm. Will we eventually be able to move the 'hub' back to the main Avadon /lake area? Not for nothing, but the mainland, farm, and life within interacting with all of the many, many locations, characters and circumstances is one of the things I found most appealing about the game, as your little population begins to swell with all sorts of unique characters that have various hooks into the world.

Although that said, I suppose far, far, far into the future the story will gravitate to a new continent and all that.

I mean, it seems like it should be doable, since kitsune shrines were and likely are a thing, but I figured I'd ask.

Long term, especially if we end up with the 'good result' with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
... I think I'd much rather have the kids grow up there. I liked it's vibe. But who knows, maybe Lo will grow on me.

Or of course, the more adventurous types (once grown up) volunteer to join you in the mainland or something. That way it could just be the various special first born types or whatever.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Hm. Will we eventually be able to move the 'hub' back to the main Avadon /lake area? Not for nothing, but the mainland, farm, and life within interacting with all of the many, many locations, characters and circumstances is one of the things I found most appealing about the game, as your little population begins to swell with all sorts of unique characters that have various hooks into the world.

Although that said, I suppose far, far, far into the future the story will gravitate to a new continent and all that.

I mean, it seems like it should be doable, since kitsune shrines were and likely are a thing, but I figured I'd ask.

... I think I'd much rather have the kids grow up there. I liked it's vibe. But who knows, maybe Lo will grow on me.

Or of course, the more adventurous types (once grown up) volunteer to join you in the mainland or something. That way it could just be the various special first born types or whatever.
The hub will be wherever you make it. Pretty much anywhere where the player owns the property they can make it their hub.

The slums house could get real crowded so some have to go live in the flophouse. The Britmor farm gets even more lively and Annette is happy but concerned about how many Steelwinds are running around.

Each will have their own unique quirks which some may not like, which I'm trying to think of ways to balance along with exactly how many owned properties the player can have.

Mar 23, 2022

If the torrii gates are still going to be a thing to link several locations then having everyone all jammed into one location seems pointless, at least to me. You can just go through a portal and suddenly you're now in a different location, so why not just spread them around?

The hub will be wherever you make it. Pretty much anywhere where the player owns the property they can make it their hub.

The slums house could get real crowded so some have to go live in the flophouse. The Britmor farm gets even more lively and Annette is happy but concerned about how many Steelwinds are running around.

Each will have their own unique quirks which some may not like, which I'm trying to think of ways to balance along with exactly how many owned properties the player can have.
That makes me wonder, is it a singular hub, like there can only be one, or is it more of a situation where they all develop based on what you put into it?

Now that you mention it's any player owned property does that mean the slum clinic could potentinally be one, what about the frog?

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Creating a home where all the people you care about can build a place of safety, security, and rampant, considerable boinking feels pointless? Press F to doubt.

To me it's not about stashing them away or cramming them in one locale, it's making a place that can stand on its own and assist in the future. As such, splitting them up everywhere, while safer and likely easier to program, doesn't land as well.

Also, just having a remote island away from everything feels ... easy. Less personal? I mean, clearly it isn't, Snekk wrote how there's dangers and you need to clear out ruins and critters lest your kin end up with a sudden case of the dead, but... dunno.

Compared to starting with a basic farm, developing buildings and groups with companions which enable *new* buildings or companions, exploring the cave prison, building *down* through it... that seems like quite the endeavor as is, if it still holds. I can't imagine it would be easy (or practical) to make multiple areas that all have the same function.

Then again I've always enjoyed the building up of a central town or hub, Suikoden style over time, watching it take shape from the actions and activities of everybody you have recruited. It feels like a reward of seeing the results of what you have achieved and explored, developing further and giving back.

That's why the forest / Avedon adjacent farm worked for me, despite there being a Steelwind Farm for the chosen one. It's building something new that everybody can rally behind.

Bess wanted a new place to feel she belonged, for example. Though I'm sure with some clever word no jitsu the PC could convince her to remain on the Steelwind farm regardless.

Feels like that's one aspect of the game that doesn't need that much of a rework, but again, just my opinion.

Meh, enough of that. I'm sure it'll be grand no matter what.

Unrelated:

Snekk, do all kobolds come in Red, or would you have the Skittles approach if you could? (Taste the rainbow.)

Mar 23, 2022
Creating a home where all the people you care about can build a place of safety, security, and rampant, considerable boinking feels pointless? Press F to doubt.
I'd press F to that statment too. I didn't say it was pointless to have a community where you can see it develop. I said having one singular place is. With how quickly you could cross the continent with the Torrii gates, having everyone at one place is pointless. Having multiple locations where they can be housed, cared for, loved, and you can watch their respective place grow, that's not pointless. In other words, having one hub is a missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
*shrugs*

A castle is only as strong as its foundation. Or to put it another way, putting troops in multiple locations is a fine plan, providing you have enough resources and manpower to garrison them all properly.

Otherwise there's nothing in 'em, effectively a costly landmark that eats up time and resources. Of course, if you can fill 'em up, it's do your advantage for sure.

I'm a simple creature.

On the purely selfish side, not having the farm near the forest will kind of nuke more than a few things I have been writing up, but that's fine. I'm sure they can be repurposed.

I honestly hadn't anticipated that aspect of the story being shuffled around. And really, it's not like it's always been the case, either. Just because I didn't use it, didn't mean it didn't exist, such as the sewer lair designed by baddies to do bad things.

Mar 23, 2022
Realistically neither is wrong, both have their pro's and con's. But from a story perspective not all character might like living in squalor. I know at least one of the character I wrote for the game which will never exist wouldn't like living in poverty, being part greed demon and all. But as you've said having everyone close by is just easier from a game play perspective. So I guess waiting to see what Snekk does is all we can do lol.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Well your choice of locale is on you.

I'm probably going to have my hub be the werewolf den once I get to it.

Each of the places is dangerous for different reasons. The Dragon Isles can be attacked by pirates, bandits will assault the farm now and then, Amazonia is under constant raids from the Centaur Isles, things live in the forest, sand creatures attack the Sultanate Oasis' and bugs live in the swamps.

The only truly "safe" hub location is whatever location you arm the strongest. The second would be the werewolf den as it is a ruined fort and, if you saved it, has a werewolf protecting it. Maybe more if you were frisky with him.

Having one or two people in each location is generally safer, lower numbers are less likely to be noticed or considered not worth it. Goblin wife adds 5 other people to the population of a settlement she's in because of her starting goblin friends.

Some locations are useless for having people live in, but you could use them for other purposes. Tonya's house in the slums is only really good for having Tonya live in it as only she is okay with living in the slums. You'll be able to turn it into a makeshift shop, brothel or inn. You could also theoretically use it to store captured people which Tonya, if she lived through her quest, is not okay with. The brothel thing also peeves her but she hornier now that she's dead.

----

Starting kobolds are blue, with Lo being red. If you have Lo revive herself then other colors begin appearing because she is so prolific in breeding her race.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
*Nods* Gotcha. Can always use more horny pirates, besides. Arrrr.

How does the whole farm setup work with the caves, for example? Before they were considered close enough that the werepups were extra security and getting banged with them (with or without a Percy) was a hop, skip and a jump away.

Hm. I wonder if there shouldn't be some option to have somebody look after a place, or... something. Like, I know I'm not really going to use Tonya's place, as I'd prefer a space with more room to grow. But maybe having Kaiden look after it, or renting it out would be a thing?

Red lewdbold first, and blue for group activities, check.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
The main hurdle with the game right now is the handling of children and pregnancy. The previous system in QSP simply gave you a baby item that you could use and, while I can do that, there is definite room for improvement.
Well, the twine has an inventory system too, why not place babies as items or sort them by race there too? And then use them for required upgrade for the village growth or something.

Last edited:

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Well your choice of locale is on you.

I'm probably going to have my hub be the werewolf den once I get to it.

Each of the places is dangerous for different reasons. The Dragon Isles can be attacked by pirates, bandits will assault the farm now and then, Amazonia is under constant raids from the Centaur Isles, things live in the forest, sand creatures attack the Sultanate Oasis' and bugs live in the swamps.

The only truly "safe" hub location is whatever location you arm the strongest. The second would be the werewolf den as it is a ruined fort and, if you saved it, has a werewolf protecting it. Maybe more if you were frisky with him.

Having one or two people in each location is generally safer, lower numbers are less likely to be noticed or considered not worth it. Goblin wife adds 5 other people to the population of a settlement she's in because of her starting goblin friends.

Some locations are useless for having people live in, but you could use them for other purposes. Tonya's house in the slums is only really good for having Tonya live in it as only she is okay with living in the slums. You'll be able to turn it into a makeshift shop, brothel or inn. You could also theoretically use it to store captured people which Tonya, if she lived through her quest, is not okay with. The brothel thing also peeves her but she hornier now that she's dead.

----

Starting kobolds are blue, with Lo being red. If you have Lo revive herself then other colors begin appearing because she is so prolific in breeding her race.
Snekk bit off on what you're currently focus on working, but will you expand on the slavery mechanic and will this game turn into something more morbid like add in cannibalism? feel like the foods stuff is really underutilize when our main character turn into something that doesn't require eating to survive.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
*Nods* Gotcha. Can always use more horny pirates, besides. Arrrr.

How does the whole farm setup work with the caves, for example? Before they were considered close enough that the werepups were extra security and getting banged with them (with or without a Percy) was a hop, skip and a jump away.

Hm. I wonder if there shouldn't be some option to have somebody look after a place, or... something. Like, I know I'm not really going to use Tonya's place, as I'd prefer a space with more room to grow. But maybe having Kaiden look after it, or renting it out would be a thing?

Red lewdbold first, and blue for group activities, check.
I'm still working on the specifics on how the various hubs will work.

The basics are:

If the Dragon Isles is attacked then the player can lose some of their inventory.

If you have a lover at a hub and it is attacked, they could be kidnapped. Tonya, being a zombie, could just be killed. However she is a revenant so she will raise from the dead on her own after a few days unless the PC revives her using magic.

Bill or Annette hanging out in a location will protect it 100% but you can only have one, the other will be at their own farm.

Gobriella, your goblin wife, will prevent goblin attacks at that location.

Still working on what Meat/the werewolf do as adventurers would want them both due to them being pure members of their race.

Well, the twine has an inventory system too, why not place babies as items or sort them by race there too? And then use them for required upgrade for the village growth or something.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Pic related is where I'm at now but the player is going to get the option to give Lo your children upon birth and she'll have Chaos age them up into adults.

Still working on it alongside raising them in other ways but pregnancy is the main focus for the moment.

Snekk bit off on what you're currently focus on working, but will you expand on the slavery mechanic and will this game turn into something more morbid like add in cannibalism? feel like the foods stuff is really underutilize when our main character turn into something that doesn't require eating to survive.
I do plan on expanding the slavery system as it would tie in perfectly with the village code, it would just need its own version.

Letting the player eat people was also an option, a thing the player could purchase in hell to make yourself more evil. This, of course, will make everyone hate you if you are caught doing it.

Not sure if I want to add in a Zombie/Vampire class that lets you eat people or just the ability. Being a trapper that eats whatever falls into your traps is a bit horrifying alongside being a Succubus that feeds on both cum and blood.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Oh, that's just the tip of the vore iceburg. But, uh, you're on your own for art for that stuff. Nopity nope with a side of nope, hahaha. Refused a few commissions for much the same. But there's plenty out there that should suit the needs just fine.

On the topic of food, though, that gives all the more reason for villages to have stats such as production and food costs to keep working at peak capacity.

I'm still not a zillion psycked on having multiple major hubs, but I could absolutely see use in having access to different reigons, gate style or otherwise.

Farm such as the Avadon or Britmore plot could have high yields of raw foodstuffs. Ditto from different means of milk production. Spelunking in the lake caves could reveal notes of precious materials for construction. The islands could have another important aspect they bring to the table. But you'd want to have them protected, as you say.

A suggestion, though this may get a bit messy: Train units. They would take a certain amount of time to complete training wise, and of course a base unit to work off of.

So for example, a basic PC farmgob has a wee bit of production and is mostly useless. But Gobwife (or another in her stead if she doesn't exist, possibly) could train up goblin sentries. It could even be an active choice between a 'real' Farmgob working the farm that has decent production (more than enough to justify their cost) but very little combat ability. Essentially different units.

Different units require a different amount of food. And size.

Different locations have a maximum 'size' of occupancy, which can be built on and improved by building more structures (although some locations have limited max capacity).

For example, one of Meat's daughters, or a centaur kid would take up way more size and food, but have larger yields as a tradeoff.

Extra units can either chill in Paradise for overflow, or potentially retire if they aren't needed. Or you can have your own Mercenary pool you can rent out, perhaps.

There could be random events of your units deciding they want to go get married, have a clutch of their own, etc.

...Thinking on it, there should probably be a third base town stat, Happiness or something. Keep it high, good chance of positive random events and % boosts to stuff depending on the location. Low would be the opposite.

For example, Kitsune aren't allowed to fight back, but they are amazing for morale and support.

So something like Food Yield, Habitat Size, and Mood.

Mar 23, 2022
I feel like defense is an important factor. Probably more important than mood. I'd say swap out mood for defense and add in a production value, and then you're set. After all, a happy but weak house isn't going to be able to defend themselves against a hoard of bandits. Where a strong but misrable house would still stand. As for the random events, sure, those sound simultaneously annoying and good. Losing population/production/defence be cause they are so happy they left. *clicks tongue* Noice.

Last edited:

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I ran through it pretty quick, but defense should be part of it, as it is tied to the units you have in a place as well as extra buildings, traits, plot goodies, whatever.

Mood / morale is important, because Charisma is a stat. Leadership is a thing. Fellowship is a thing. Or if you opt for it, ruling through fear is likely also a thing. (Maybe unlocked through actions or a hell feat.)

Mood is a means to test out how your populace feels, and again, would affect production, defense, or whatever a boost or penalty depending on how high or low it be, probably with a unique benefit that extends to the rest of your places that only that one location can deliver. So it gives you something to strive for.

I suggest it for a number of reasons; If a place doesn't have enough food, if it keeps getting attacked (without success), on the flip side, if it routs attackers and takes their things, they probably get a boost. And again, some units aren't suited for combat or production, and they would need a function.

Your teachers, shaman, healers, whores, dancers, lorekeepers, innkeeps, etc. A place needs more than a pointed stick and boots along with a stale biscuit to thrive, (not just survive).

I don't think it should be super difficult to achieve, probably you could have something like a once a week or every so days timer of spending time with the camp/ area / colony to boost it, or appointing special NPC's to look after a location -- which also boosts core stats just by them being 'posted' there, which Snekk already intends to make an option (though I think they should be able to do whatever they normally do ingame as well as tending to the location, as it's more like a day job, because shrine portals).

Or simpler yet, just tie doing actions at a location with an extra effect, boosting to the Mood / Morale. So finding events like residents pounding Percy into the ground with tongues and dongs like usual results in a mood boost. Banging the cow, and doing it now, mood boost.

In short, do stuff you already would be doing, and it likely should be enough. Maybe it's too complicated, I'm not sure. I'm not the poor devil that would have to program it anyway, I'm just spitting ideas and delaying going back to finish up art.

Who knew a Goblin orgy would have so many positions?

Mar 23, 2022
You see, my main concern with having morale and mood is when a cruel player is playing. They could possibly want a low mood and morale. If you tie things like benefits and negatives to that, then it discourages players from playing one way or the other. Meaning people like Mr. Evil can't get the full value out of it where Mr. White Knight can; that's why I simplified it. That isn't to say I don't see where you're coming from, nor that what you're saying is a bad idea. I think it's logical and if Snekk was making a game solely about being a good guy, I'd actually agree with you. But if the QSP version Snekk is anything to go by, it seems to at least allow some bad in it.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
The Dragon Isles is the first and the catchall hub if they never do anything with the system at all. Save someone from bandits and need to transport them somewhere? Lo can do that for you. Kidnap someone and want to have them rape corrected to be obedient to you? Lo won't do that, but once you set up the demon temple in Hell with May then your demon cleric will do it.

It would be entirely possible to never set down a home base and just send any children you have to Lo and forget about them. The Dragon Isles is dangerous, but the lizardfolk are pretty good at fishing and can generally manage on their own. The idle task is survive so if there's enough people the player might start randomly receive supplies.

There is going to be a cap on most places but that's only for background npcs, your named lovers will always have a spot. You can have a farm commune with a few hundred people and it won't be that bad, but you will need to house them.

The "base" stat for a hub are going to be Security, everything involved is making them safer in some regard. Food grows like weeds so unattended individuals will fish, farm or barter farmed fish for other things to eat. This does mean that if you set everyone to work then no one is collecting food.

There will be a toggle that the player can have Lo bolster a hubs inventory with yours so you can take your boat out to the ocean and trawl a fuckton of fish or personally harvest and bake bread on your own. Or just buy several tons of food from the merchant guild and donate it to that hub, they let you buy in bulk.

----

Yeah, the Fallout 4 settlements might be a good comparison. They're all separate but you can tie them together. It's easy when you have a pocket Goddess that manages your inventory. It makes sending resources to various places easier I just need to figure out how in depth I want to make the system.

----

I do want to add in the slavery and kidnapping system in. Mind breaking people, turning them into zombies or demons and what else is going to be in the game.

The Succubus class is going to be more difficult to level up, but fucking people to death is a pretty good way to level it up. Same with the Incubus and turning people into imps.

Other classes are going to have levels as well. The Infested class will involve personally breeding people with tentacles.

Depends on the playstyle. I do intend to make some of the more "evil" paths required to progress the story. The player would need to capture Doktor first and find out where they put the bomb that'll set off Monduval's reactor so that involves defeating and interrogating them. Bouregarde is going to be able to be fought and captured in hell, letting the players get revenge if he killed them.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Depends on the playstyle. I do intend to make some of the more "evil" paths required to progress the story. The player would need to capture Doktor first and find out where they put the bomb that'll set off Monduval's reactor so that involves defeating and interrogating them. Bouregarde is going to be able to be fought and captured in hell, letting the players get revenge if he killed them.
Er. There's going to optional ways to use your wits and likely some tits to find these results, too, though, yeah? There's a big difference between making evil paths a viable option and making them outright required.

Since the PC is rocking the effect of things being more enamored when they are intimate, perhaps there's a way to bang the information out of them, or dreamwalk (or both?).

Lewd angels could, would, and should be a thing. If sex is a weapon, it's all about training the use of it proper like. You floated the idea of Monks using their body in combat for sexy results, and we are (spoiler)
, so it'd be nice to be able to employ our sweet asses for the forces of good, not evil. Or more of a middle ground, really.

Just saying. It's lame if evil is the only way to make banging for your future breakfast a worthy path.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsyTurtle

Dragor900

Dec 2, 2017
Eh, not a fan of "evil" paths.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes