Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I love the alchemy turtle and like the concept of very serious men with swords having to doodle a little turtle next to their name when they sends letters.

Reactions: Laughingfox

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Okay so my first idea is out because it's too smart lol. How about instead something that looks a fire, maybe falling, so illiterate people know it's the falling fire. Something perhaps similar to this. I hope I don't to explain what's funny about it.

View attachment 4097188

Also I'm too lazy to colour this one.

Edit: The symbolism is different in this iteration but I tried to make the core of it something the stupid masses would understand. Fire/meteor equals Falling Fire. As for the actual symbolism I'll leave that unknown unless Snekk asks for it, the masses don't need to know why there are two triangles in the center.
i think that kinda resemble the pokemon odish, better change it before nintendo lawyers catch wind of it :p

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Which sites? Because to my knowledge Solid Snekk (the dev) only updates officially on here (f95) and subscribestar.
I mean he posted the updates here, it just didn't update the site crap that shows updates. Which is why it says 7 months when the actual last update was July I think...

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Last game update for QSP was July 14th. I've been releasing demos of what I've been trying in Twine since then on a monthly basic.

I'm also about to release a rough demo of what I have in twine later today, I just need to fix some errors that are being stubborn.

• Love
Reactions: Throw_AwayPower

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Here's the current (unfinished) build on .

There's not a lot. Adding in the exact quest spot in QSP doesn't work for Twine, the way that quests are handled is different. Still working on fixing it as quests are being difficult. I'm going to have to add the quests back in one at a time so some things may take a bit to add back in.

The extent of the game is the unfinished intro for the Chosen One and some of the Dragon Isles, of which are being reworked.

Ricky4613

May 27, 2019
Hey I'm all for the redo, I'm far from an expert on the subject but from playing it the qsp games FEEL like their held together with used chewing gum and a prayer

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Hey I'm all for the redo, I'm far from an expert on the subject but from playing it the qsp games FEEL like their held together with used chewing gum and a prayer
It's a russian game engine so its vodka and slurs.

The main problem is that there was no overt resources to use it and different versions had different syntax. The best guide to it was written by Kevin Smarts, one of the devs for Girl Life.

yeh making this game for qsp seem wierd, i feel this game is much more beneficial if it were design around rpgm style of RPGM - None - [Tanslation Request] YariNari [Megrim] | F95zone
I considered RPGM but the amount of "It's not working dev pls fix" comments that are in those types of threads put me off from it. The various different versions of RPGM made it not appealing/

I already had that problem with people using the 570 QSP engine instead of the Sonnix one. How I did levels, which I removed entirely to make those comments go away, caused the game to continuously level up the player until the client crashed.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
It's a russian game engine so its vodka and slurs.

The main problem is that there was no overt resources to use it and different versions had different syntax. The best guide to it was written by Kevin Smarts, one of the devs for Girl Life.

I considered RPGM but the amount of "It's not working dev pls fix" comments that are in those types of threads put me off from it. The various different versions of RPGM made it not appealing/

I already had that problem with people using the 570 QSP engine instead of the Sonnix one. How I did levels, which I removed entirely to make those comments go away, caused the game to continuously level up the player until the client crashed.
if you got time give that game a try, Megrim made that entire game very unique instead of traditional rpgm of just moving around he made the random dice roll be the movement to area movement.jpg dice roll.jpg
as for the combat the guy really knows what he is doing with skill and restriction, and it effect on the battle by utilizing all available equitable stuff which include souls soul.jpg
battle.jpg
for traditional rpgm games i always just use the mtool max stats without even playing the game or just jump straight to the gallery room due to how boring it is, but not for megrim games he put lots of heart in working the fine the detail that I always having a blast playing through it, your character can feel proper grow from zero to hero. People tend to complain about rpgm because they keep run into shitty copy and paste rpgm games that just being push out without any actual works put into it that it a slog to play through, a proper rpgm with the creator know what he doing actually can turn the game into something very unique, Lona rpg is another rpgm that step away from the traditional rpgm design that have a very high rating on this site, the problem is not the rpgm, but it is being use by a lots of unskilled hacks that can only use it as a glorify gallery viewer instead of design an actual game.

Last edited:

LurkerNumberTooMany

Dec 12, 2017
Been a long time since I checked on this and I must say, I am genuinely impressed with how much work you've put into this. Even more surprised that you're actively trying to convert it into an easier-to-use engine as that's quite literally rebuilding the entire game from scratch. I've very much enjoyed the QSP version you've worked on, so while it isn't much, I do want to be one of the (literal) lurkers that comes out of hiding to say you're doing great and I appreciate the fact that you're still going at it. It's a rare thing on the larger scene for someone to go this far on a project.

Reactions: Unimportant321

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
People tend to complain about rpgm because they keep run into shitty copy and paste rpgm games that just being push out without any actual works put into it that it a slog to play through, a proper rpgm with the creator know what he doing actually can turn the game into something very unique, Lona rpg is another rpgm that step away from the traditional rpgm design that have a very high rating on this site, the problem is not the rpgm, but it is being use by a lots of unskilled hacks that can only use it as a glorify gallery viewer instead of design an actual game.
Aside from copy and paste visuals, I find that Vicindio is not a very good choice for a rpg maker, because the focus of the rpg makers are usually the fights and scenes and then everything else and fights are not the biggest thing for this game, rather the focus is on the narrative and scenes, which is closer to Ren'py or Twine engines. Plus the difference in background and such won't affect much in them, but in Rpg maker the devs prefer to use their own persistent style.

Reactions: PsyTurtle
Mar 23, 2022
Aside from copy and paste visuals, I find that Vicindio is not a very good choice for a rpg maker, because the focus of the rpg makers are usually the fights and scenes and then everything else and fights are not the biggest thing for this game, rather the focus is on the narrative and scenes, which is closer to Ren'py or Twine engines. Plus the difference in background and such won't affect much in them, but in Rpg maker the devs prefer to use their own persistent style.
While I agree with that Vicindio is better in Twine or Ren'py, it's for different reasons. I've seen a few RPG maker games where the game is all about the story. Final Profit is a perfect example of a RPG maker game with zero combat and still be extremely good. The reason I feel that Vicindio is better on Ren'py or Twine is because RPG makers tend to have a nondescript world. The worlds are flat and it's on the writer to make the story make the world feel alive. A lot of RPG Maker creators don't know how to do that or just can't do that. With Snekk's descriptive nature of the world in the QSP version, having the ability to write in detail is better suited for Ren'Py or Twine.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Talk of the game engine aside, here's a small progress report.

The main hurdle with the game right now is the handling of children and pregnancy. The previous system in QSP simply gave you a baby item that you could use and, while I can do that, there is definite room for improvement.

There's going to be some locations, the Dragon Isles being one of them, where the player can control its development. More or less it is going to be a catchall for your stuff and things you have but don't want to deal with, such as Doktor when she is added in as she is incredibly high maintenance for being a spore.

The player can choose to send their children to Lo for the ghost kobold to care for. Lo will raise them in her kobold den so enjoy your borderline feral children that get released into Starfang Village. Once in the village they'll do various things like fish and explore the temple, which can kill them if you don't clear it of the snakes and mutants that live there.

They will passively deal with these threats as per your orders but it is possible to completely exterminate the threats or tame them, which will result in various outcomes such as the snakes accidentally turning your children into mutants due to their hyperactive healing venom.

---------

That is what I'm working on the moment. Trying to separate the roles of the genders as "Get Pregnant" should only apply to female and futanari.

Hunterxsamu

Jul 11, 2020
Talk of the game engine aside, here's a small progress report.

The main hurdle with the game right now is the handling of children and pregnancy. The previous system in QSP simply gave you a baby item that you could use and, while I can do that, there is definite room for improvement.

There's going to be some locations, the Dragon Isles being one of them, where the player can control its development. More or less it is going to be a catchall for your stuff and things you have but don't want to deal with, such as Doktor when she is added in as she is incredibly high maintenance for being a spore.

The player can choose to send their children to Lo for the ghost kobold to care for. Lo will raise them in her kobold den so enjoy your borderline feral children that get released into Starfang Village. Once in the village they'll do various things like fish and explore the temple, which can kill them if you don't clear it of the snakes and mutants that live there.

They will passively deal with these threats as per your orders but it is possible to completely exterminate the threats or tame them, which will result in various outcomes such as the snakes accidentally turning your children into mutants due to their hyperactive healing venom.

---------

That is what I'm working on the moment. Trying to separate the roles of the genders as "Get Pregnant" should only apply to female and futanari.
damn dream do came through but i have question is only at dragon isle or with other place like beehive, tentacle kitsune and many among thing then spread to another place and mix mutation?. Just that one place?

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
damn dream do came through but i have question is only at dragon isle or with other place like beehive, tentacle kitsune and many among thing then spread to another place and mix mutation?. Just that one place?
I do plan for this to be a feature in a few areas. Making Britmor less poor with the help of the bees, building up your farm, spreading the tentacles. Some are at odds with one another, you can't help the bandits expand their slaving operations and also have Britmor be more secure.

I want you to be able to send your kids out on expeditions/missions and then find them fighting/being fucked by monsters.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes