Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Here it is, below the bar, and I've added the stats inside the health bar. They line up with the text and the numbers don't cut off the bars in any way.

Working on the single line of bars and a toggle between them, I'll post an update when I figure that out.

I also need to make it work in light mode.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
the white text on the green stamina bar is a bit hard to read

also a minor criticism for the parley screen. A more neutral way of phrasing that enemies are interested in your surrender to them because they want to fuck you would be more fitting and leaves open the chance to influence that possibility. Like instead of " They are a Male, which you might be able to use." something like "Their eyes stray from yours to roam your body, you may be able to use this" would fit better and could be customized on an enemy by enemy basis like with wolves it would be "Their eyes shine with an unnatural hunger, you may be able to use this" or just for a bit of variety in the text.

Reactions: Vombatidi

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Here it is, below the bar, and I've added the stats inside the health bar. They line up with the text and the numbers don't cut off the bars in any way.

Working on the single line of bars and a toggle between them, I'll post an update when I figure that out.

I also need to make it work in light mode.
btw have you tried horizontal bar yet, just curious if fit better than vertical, also I think you don't really need the words health, stamina, and mana in the bar, most people would know what the bar color associate with what by now unless this is their 1st rpg game ever, it might save a few space for if the game ever go for really high stat numbers in the future.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
the white text on the green stamina bar is a bit hard to read

also a minor criticism for the parley screen. A more neutral way of phrasing that enemies are interested in your surrender to them because they want to fuck you would be more fitting and leaves open the chance to influence that possibility. Like instead of " They are a Male, which you might be able to use." something like "Their eyes stray from yours to roam your body, you may be able to use this" would fit better and could be customized on an enemy by enemy basis like with wolves it would be "Their eyes shine with an unnatural hunger, you may be able to use this" or just for a bit of variety in the text.
I'm going to go in and add the various things that you can offer to each specific enemy. Giant Snakes would not be able to be bribed with money, but bandits and guards could, for example.

btw have you tried horizontal bar yet, just curious if fit better than vertical, also I think you don't really need the words health, stamina, and mana in the bar, most people would know what the bar color associate with what by now unless this is their 1st rpg game ever, it might save a few space for if the game ever go for really high stat numbers in the future.
I did consider having the health run down the left side and stamina down the right but since the various passages are not uniform in how long they are it just looked bad.

I am trying to make the health and numbers their own toggle in the settings

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
I'm going to go in and add the various things that you can offer to each specific enemy. Giant Snakes would not be able to be bribed with money, but bandits and guards could, for example.
I was more concerned about you potentially writing/coding yourself into a corner when it came to surrendering sex stuff. As the text with the bandits I quoted was too limiting. That said, the specifics of what can be achieved during parley being different from enemy to enemy is good.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Okay!

I have the toggles up for the stats.

You can now enable the health, stamina and mana bars and they will be below the menu.

You can also toggle the stat name and the number.

Working on changing the text color/allowing the text color to be chosen.

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
Got colors in.

Black and White look decent and I'm messing around with some others but they look awful.
in case is there a possibility to change the color of the bar itself? As an option I mean, if it is easy to put. Because now they are very vibrant and I have a dull soul, too much joy for me.

Mar 23, 2022
While I agree that most people would be fine with the words missing I think removing them is unnecessary. There already is enough room for insanely high numbers to fit in there, easily quadrillions. Removing seven letters isn't going to have much of an effect. Most people think billions is a lot for stats like that to reach. Only idle game really reach those types of numbers, even then they usually shorten them after billions. In saying that, leaving the words could help with people who have trouble with colour blindness. Maybe Snekk might make it an option to remove the text but I think the text has more use then not.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
So, a problem I have always complained about and made worse by adding more races is that each of them need images.

I could always go in and do that but at this point there are 13 possible races and for most there are three genders. That makes every possible scene need 30 images. There does not exist 30 images for the scene that people want as they want race-specific art but not AI stuff, so my question is this:

I could also add a little minigame similar to Degrees of Lewdity for the non-special sex scenes. I don't have a face x-ray block yet but these were just test images for testing

The main scenes with lovers would be the full text with images but the random sex could be this.

RyuLazy

Nov 20, 2023
So, a problem I have always complained about and made worse by adding more races is that each of them need images.

I could always go in and do that but at this point there are 13 possible races and for most there are three genders. That makes every possible scene need 30 images. There does not exist 30 images for the scene that people want as they want race-specific art but not AI stuff, so my question is this:

I could also add a little minigame similar to Degrees of Lewdity for the non-special sex scenes. I don't have a face x-ray block yet but these were just test images for testing

The main scenes with lovers would be the full text with images but the random sex could be this.
I think that's the better way to go long term, the game always felt more text than images anyway for the most part but the pictures did set what you wanted the vibe to be as they read. Doing like a little paper doll silhouette like DoL would be nice but just cutting out most faces on pictures for creatures probably would be better for presentation.

Another added benefit is keeping the size of the whole thing on the smaller size, it's not huge as it's but with the html people are going to have to re-download the whole thing over just using the patches.

Reactions: Vombatidi

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017

This is fine. I agree with The guy above about how it was really the text that made a lot of it work. Maybe only use images for Key character art or special instances.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017

Considering that the problem with images, especially male ones, still lingers for so long, making them simpler can be the only option, cause the only other two I see are AI, which all looks the same, or hiring an artist, which is counter-productive for such a small project. So yeah, I support a decision to make various art or models for less important encounters simpler, at least you will have your time to focus on something else, after that is finally done.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022

Not going to lie, I ignore half the images of the QSP version lol. I've only ever really focused on the text. Having generic sex scenes use paper dolls like Degree's of Lewdity wouldn't bother me in the slightest. In saying that having all sex scenes like that, especially with lovers, might feel like a step back from the QSP version, not necessarily bad but a lot different. So maybe try and limit images to important scenes and make the rest the paper doll one. This way those important scene feel, well, important and other stuff is generic. At least that's my thought on it, you do you baby, I'll still be lurking and messing with the version I've downloaded for personal use making patches when it's offically released. Assuming there's anything to patch as you're getting better at coding lol (this is a good thing by the way).

Another added benefit is keeping the size of the whole thing on the smaller size, it's not huge as it's but with the html people are going to have to re-download the whole thing over just using the patches.
Actually patching a HTML from Twine like this is actually rather small. It works similar to QSP in a sense. You'd copy and replace the old HTML file with the new one. If any images are added then you'd just copy over the img folder and replace any files if needed. Like 85% of patches wouldn't need any of the image only the HTML really.

Last edited:

RyuLazy

Nov 20, 2023
Actually patching a HTML from Twine like this is actually rather small. It works similar to QSP in a sense. You'd copy and replace the new old HTML file with the new one. If any images are added then you'd just copy over the img folder and replace any files if needed. Like 85% of patches wouldn't need any of the image only the HTML really.
Huh never knew all you had to do is update the html file itself, I'll have to keep that in mind.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes