shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
Can you post a checklist of quests under cheats? It would be helpful to have feedback on which quests are complete, which ones are on going and which ones are yet to start. Likewise with relationships. Could be just text output. I want to be able to better test quests etc as it is difficult to determine the status of each (particularly with lovers).

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
I don`t have support for the player owning multiple slaves yet. At the moment you can have one which the bandits will store for you.
Can I sell with no consequence? I think I need the nun for a quest. I did move them to a different place but I guess it is one total slot.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Here's a progress report since I don't have a blog. I could make an X account for updates if you guys want that.

I've added a few craftable armor sets into the game, added combat skills and abilities for various weapons, and am making the transformation potions do something. I've entirely redone how you equip weapons and you can't carry certain weapons around Avedon unless you pass a Self Defence law.

There's also random security checkpoints to ensure you are not breaking the law. Avedon is a circle so you can just avoid them, unless they're in the market then you're SOL.

In addition to making the amazon isle with 2 of its planned 6 female species.

I may skip the Centaur island for another update, but the two islands are connected by a sand bar so it'll be an abrupt wall to getting there.

See the picture for my current progress. There's no leaving the temple in that scene because you're tasked to go fight something inside of it.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hohoho! Weapons for a fantasy yarn? I don't suppose whips or fists make a glorious arrival?

That aside, you had essentially a otherworld space where the player would produce these things for combat, (for example, Gobwife attacking with the silver knife versus the tentacles), basicially summoning them. Is this a skill to be learned or are we carrying the goodies around now?

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
Here's a progress report since I don't have a blog. I could make an X account for updates if you guys want that.

I've added a few craftable armor sets into the game, added combat skills and abilities for various weapons, and am making the transformation potions do something. I've entirely redone how you equip weapons and you can't carry certain weapons around Avedon unless you pass a Self Defence law.

There's also random security checkpoints to ensure you are not breaking the law. Avedon is a circle so you can just avoid them, unless they're in the market then you're SOL.

In addition to making the amazon isle with 2 of its planned 6 female species.

I may skip the Centaur island for another update, but the two islands are connected by a sand bar so it'll be an abrupt wall to getting there.

See the picture for my current progress. There's no leaving the temple in that scene because you're tasked to go fight something inside of it.
A discord would be nice. :)

Ababgib

Jan 19, 2023
Is the zombie encounter only supposed to happen once? Got it in one playthorugh but can't get it again with an subsequen saves on enw characters. Just sends me back to the church.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Hohoho! Weapons for a fantasy yarn? I don't suppose whips or fists make a glorious arrival?

That aside, you had essentially a otherworld space where the player would produce these things for combat, (for example, Gobwife attacking with the silver knife versus the tentacles), basicially summoning them. Is this a skill to be learned or are we carrying the goodies around now?
The changelog is massive at this point. Here's a few answers for you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A discord would be nice. :)
I'm not a fan of games who lock information behind joining a discord server, I may try it in the future but it is not something I'm too keen on doing at the moment

Is the zombie encounter only supposed to happen once? Got it in one playthorugh but can't get it again with an subsequen saves on enw characters. Just sends me back to the church.
It's RNG, and some of you have impossibly bad odds. I'll add a static horde so if you wipe it out, she's a straggler hanging out in the basement.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
You can learn Kung Fu in the Monastery though, which was the entire purpose of the place aside from housing Loksi. You can let out strikes that slow enemies if you're unarmed.

To be able to use the new abilities you'll have to unequip all your things and then re-equip them. Almost every part of combat has been overhauled, including hats. Wearing the wizard hat removes your magic cap of 100, you can basically go to integer limit with mana now.

I'm not a fan of games who lock information behind joining a discord server, I may try it in the future but it is not something I'm too keen on doing at the moment
Neat. Could be interesting or fun if Loksi is looking on as you train, or giving color commentary. Will the style/skill be able to grow in ability like the Shadowblade? ...Or maybe use it to augment your strikes.

Of course, I would be remiss if i didn't lob out entirely too many careless suggestions; regarding melee, since you have an isle of amazons, there could be an interesting way to amp up or train the unarmed talents by, of course oiling up and brawling in the buff. I mean, that's more of a Roman thing, but the isle is probably the closest fit.

That combat changes sounds interesting, and it's intriguing how mana or magic builds could potentially shape up. The nerds shall inherit Avelon.

I do not envy the war on bugs that will follow, and shall pour one out in thy memory.

As to the discord, I can see the appeal for being able to communicate readily and compiling ideas, conversations, and threads, but as Snekk pretty much does all of that here (which is a rarity) it does pretty much the same thing.

Sure does seem like a npc or companion may end up being an artificer or enchanter, perhaps in the Sultanate. One clever sort here suggested the ability to upgrade or maintain weaponry. While that sounds like a beast to program, it's always nice to have something gets attached to remaining relevent.

Wild and enjoyable to keep watching the game expand and evolve.

Reactions: HotSausageGrrl

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
The changelog is massive at this point. Here's a few answers for you.

It's RNG, and some of you have impossibly bad odds. I'll add a static horde so if you wipe it out, she's a straggler hanging out in the basement.
All of the changes sounds great and fun. I'm looking forward to the new release!

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Neat. Could be interesting or fun if Loksi is looking on as you train, or giving color commentary. Will the style/skill be able to grow in ability like the Shadowblade? ...Or maybe use it to augment your strikes.

2. Of course, I would be remiss if i didn't lob out entirely too many careless suggestions; regarding melee, since you have an isle of amazons, there could be an interesting way to amp up or train the unarmed talents by, of course oiling up and brawling in the buff. I mean, that's more of a Roman thing, but the isle is probably the closest fit.

3. That combat changes sounds interesting, and it's intriguing how mana or magic builds could potentially shape up. The nerds shall inherit Avelon.

4. I do not envy the war on bugs that will follow, and shall pour one out in thy memory.

5. As to the discord, I can see the appeal for being able to communicate readily and compiling ideas, conversations, and threads, but as Snekk pretty much does all of that here (which is a rarity) it does pretty much the same thing.

6. Sure does seem like a npc or companion may end up being an artificer or enchanter, perhaps in the Sultanate. One clever sort here suggested the ability to upgrade or maintain weaponry. While that sounds like a beast to program, it's always nice to have something gets attached to remaining relevent.

7. Wild and enjoyable to keep watching the game expand and evolve.
1. Maybe when you cure her as she is currently blind. I'm gonna add a comment about her watching but looking the other way.
1A. There's a few unarmed styles but it mostly involves not getting hit by making the enemies slower or increasing your defence.

2. Having unique combat skills was always planned, it's why I made the monastery so big. It is based on a location that existed in Rubedo, and it was one of the first repurposed buildings but I could never figure out how to make melee attacks do things.

3. Polymorphing into a cat using whisker fruit only allows you to use magic, but you still get the stat bonuses of weapons. Mage builds are require for some enemies as they'll have physical resistances that you can just melt through with magic. Your mana cap is your level times 50 but the wizard hat removes that(by making it 1 million)

4. It's taking so long because I'm stamping out as many bugs as possible. Having the robot quest broken is okay, I can just say don't go there. Combat can occur almost anywhere.

5. I could possibly make a wiki. I don't want people to have to sign up to view my game(more than is require to ask if you're 18+), which is why all my subscribestar posts are public.

6. It's Dana, when the robot quest ends she gives you the first magic weapon in the game that isn't one of Avalon's Silvered ones. She figures out teleportation almost instantly and it opens up portal pad technology. It adds yet another fast travel mechanic along with her crafting you a few odd items.

7. It's fun. Just a few weeks ago some of the things I've added recently would have been impossible due to my skill level, but I've almost butchered the original code.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022
(...)

1. I'm not a fan of games who lock information behind joining a discord server, I may try it in the future but it is not something I'm too keen on doing at the moment

(...)

2. It's RNG, and some of you have impossibly bad odds. I'll add a static horde so if you wipe it out, she's a straggler hanging out in the basement.
1. Honestly, it's nice that you're kind of being an exception in these times of the wall-garden internet.

2. Have you looked into stuff like altering the probability of random encounters so that the less a player finds an encounter, the greater the chances become for them to get such encounter?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Neat. Could be interesting or fun if Loksi is looking on as you train, or giving color commentary. Will the style/skill be able to grow in ability like the Shadowblade? ...Or maybe use it to augment your strikes.

Of course, I would be remiss if i didn't lob out entirely too many careless suggestions; regarding melee, since you have an isle of amazons, there could be an interesting way to amp up or train the unarmed talents by, of course oiling up and brawling in the buff. I mean, that's more of a Roman thing, but the isle is probably the closest fit.

That combat changes sounds interesting, and it's intriguing how mana or magic builds could potentially shape up. The nerds shall inherit Avelon.

I do not envy the war on bugs that will follow, and shall pour one out in thy memory.

As to the discord, I can see the appeal for being able to communicate readily and compiling ideas, conversations, and threads, but as Snekk pretty much does all of that here (which is a rarity) it does pretty much the same thing.

Sure does seem like a npc or companion may end up being an artificer or enchanter, perhaps in the Sultanate. One clever sort here suggested the ability to upgrade or maintain weaponry. While that sounds like a beast to program, it's always nice to have something gets attached to remaining relevent.

Wild and enjoyable to keep watching the game expand and evolve.
Sorry to interrupt the conversation here, but what the flip is the Shadowblade?

Is it an item that has been discussed, but not added or is it some hidden weapon I never managed to stumble across?
I managed to stumble across a Silvered blade, Meat's Axe, and the store bought daggers and axes, but never a shadowblade.

Jul 28, 2019
I could possibly make a wiki.
Much prefer the discussion to be here than on discord. Subscribestar posts are good for backup/blogging, but not so much for discussion.

I think a wiki would be great LATER. Risk of doing it now is that much of the information might become quickly outdated. The advantage of it later on is that it can become a collective endeavour and not so much a drain on development time and juice.

My two coppers.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. Honestly, it's nice that you're kind of being an exception in these times of the wall-garden internet.

2. Have you looked into stuff like altering the probability of random encounters so that the less a player finds an encounter, the greater the chances become for them to get such encounter?
1. I dunno, maybe I'd be more invested in earning money for this project if it was my own art or original IP. It's basically the sequel to someone else's game as I've borrowed 60% of the names of things from their game.

2. Certain triggers have timers to stop them from happening too often. The Dragon temple can now only spawn six total snake encounters, three in each combat room. The zombie horde in the marshes can now be defeated early and gives you a few hours to search the fishing hamlet without being attacked randomly. Some encounters only happen once, like Two.

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here, but what the flip is the Shadowblade?

Is it an item that has been discussed, but not added or is it some hidden weapon I never managed to stumble across?
I managed to stumble across a Silvered blade, Meat's Axe, and the store bought daggers and axes, but never a shadowblade.
Hidden weapon.

Apr 29, 2022
Much prefer the discussion to be here than on discord. Subscribestar posts are good for backup/blogging, but not so much for discussion.

I think a wiki would be great LATER. Risk of doing it now is that much of the information might become quickly outdated. The advantage of it later on is that it can become a collective endeavour and not so much a drain on development time and juice.

My two coppers.
Agreed, just wanted to add that if a wiki is made, may I recommend it be through something like Mirahaze, as opposed to Fandom?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Hidden weapon.

Well, son of a ...
It figures. One of the very few characters I never really interacted with has the kick ass weapon I always dreamed of finding in this game.

Whelp, guess it's time to fuck a ... fish. I am pretty sure my MC has stuck their dick in weirder things, so this should be fine.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes