VN Ren'Py Completed Vicky's Investigation [Alpha/Prerelease] [Dumb Koala & Lain]

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

sven0567

Apr 10, 2018
Version says Alpha/Prerelease, but has the completed tag, and I'm seeing talk of a 0.2 preview and a sequel, I'm confused now.
Is this a standalone and completed, are the 'sequels' still in development or will this also be updated in the future?

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent uploaded here ( ) and pre-seeded.
This unofficial release is modified to work on Windows/MacOS & Linux.
Ren'Py version: 7.3.5
Size: 321M
SHA1SUM: 5be598ae4d823491050f308d36b845797c776a11
You can find additional information and ff you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions or requests!

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Lain posted a preview for 0.2 update in May - YOU responded to said preview. Dumb Koala mentioned again in July that the sequel is "coming soon"...do YOU know what that means??
Arguing for the sake of arguing? The game is marked as "completed" in the title. So there would be no "abandoned" tag on a game marked "completed."

Also the dev posted in the thread on Aug 8 about where to find the sequel. And the other dev currently on the team posted on Sep 25 in the thread about another product.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Arguing for the sake of arguing? The game is marked as "completed" in the title. So there would be no "abandoned" tag on a game marked "completed."
Sounds like YOU are the one arguing for the sake of arguing. So, if you insist...

The developer specifically referring to version "0.2" confirms the game was continuing. Regardless of how this "completed" tag was justified (for this particular VERSION I assume), DK already stated the next part was coming soon. An "abandoned" tag would indicate that the GAME is not proceeding anymore, which might be justified given it's been over 1 YEAR since the initial release.
Also the dev posted in the thread on Aug 8 about where to find the sequel. And the other dev currently on the team posted on Sep 25 in the thread about another product.
The dev posted August 8 about where to find the sequel in COMIC form, not the AVN GAME that we are currently discussing in this thread on this forum :rolleyes: Also, what does an announcement about a DIFFERENT game have to do with discussion about THIS game?

• Angry
Reactions: WaltS

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Always nice when someone says something gratuitously stupid and then when it is pointed out how inbred, ignorant the sentence was they argue and rant and say more dumb shit

Call it the the F95 Troll cycle

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
The developer specifically referring to version "0.2" confirms the game was continuing. Regardless of how this "completed" tag was justified (for this particular VERSION I assume), DK already stated the next part was coming soon. An "abandoned" tag would indicate that the GAME is not proceeding anymore, which might be justified given it's been over 1 YEAR since the initial release.
Sigh. Developer has told F95/has made it publicly known that the game is completed. Therefore, the tag.

From Game Uploading Rules for F95:
Completed: The game has been confirmed by the developer to be completed, and no further updates are expected.

The dev posted August 8 about where to find the sequel in COMIC form, not the AVN GAME that we are currently discussing in this thread on this forum :rolleyes: Also, what does an announcement about a DIFFERENT game have to do with discussion about THIS game?
The reference about Dumb Koala having posted on August 8 and LightmanP on September 25 goes to show they are remaining active in the thread. Maim Lain continues to be active in other threads. If/when they have anything, it would make sense they would share that with the thread when there is something, based upon their remaining active in the thread and on F95. Badgering just pokes the bear.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Sigh. Developer has told F95/has made it publicly known that the game is completed. Therefore, the tag.

From Game Uploading Rules for F95:
Completed: The game has been confirmed by the developer to be completed, and no further updates are expected.

The reference about Dumb Koala having posted on August 8 and LightmanP on September 25 goes to show they are remaining active in the thread. Maim Lain continues to be active in other threads. If/when they have anything, it would make sense they would share that with the thread when there is something, based upon their remaining active in the thread and on F95. Badgering just pokes the bear.
Other than the tag, where has the developer explicitly "made public" that the game is completed? You are making some leaps and assumptions based on posts made by the dev team, none of which clearly addresses the status of the game.

I'll explain once more, as I'm not sure how many games you've actually played on here. The fact that this particular thread/game version has received a "completed" tag doesn't necessarily mean the game/project is complete. Lots of games have separate threads for different versions/sequels etc. The dev herself indicated that there would be a sequel with a different name, "Sasha's Investigation." No such game exists yet on F95, but if it did, there's a good chance it would be in a different game thread.
Version says Alpha/Prerelease, but has the completed tag, and I'm seeing talk of a 0.2 preview and a sequel, I'm confused now.
Is this a standalone and completed, are the 'sequels' still in development or will this also be updated in the future?
Exactly! There's lots of contradictory information here, and the devs have made no attempt to clarify. Only the genius quoted below you has the ANSWERS, completely uninformed by the available information of course.
Always nice when someone says something gratuitously stupid and then when it is pointed out how inbred, ignorant the sentence was they argue and rant and say more dumb shit

Call it the the F95 Troll cycle
Yes, yes, everything is "stupid" and "dumb" because the great jawbaby doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the context of the discussion. Jester was at least attempting to inform his arguments with evidence, rather than blathering on as you have in a failed attempt not to look like a total moron. Wah wah everybody's a troll because I don't understand or agree with what they're saying! :LOL:

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes